Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? (22347 Views)

My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? / Man Slaps His Girlfriend For Wanting To Fry Four Eggs For Herself (Pic) / This Is Why Rich Guys Don't Marry Poor Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Justbeingreal(m): 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2023
This generation ehn na laugh I just de laugh last last ppl eyes go clear reality will hit everyone n everybody go rest..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by KanuSE: 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2023
ibkayee:
Yeah they will have all the requirements in the world for her, especially her physical appearance but get triggered when a woman asks for someone financially stable and doesn’t want a gateman as a partner.

If they suddenly get rich, most of them will have no issue dumping the girl that was with them when they were poor and chasing after the ‘upgraded’ girl that wants money.

So basically they get angry because they’re broke and have an inferiority complex

Women do this as well, example is some of those that were sponsored in school by their not-so-educated bf/fiancé/hubby - only for them to graduate & the fiancé is no longer suitable. smiley

Irony of life.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by 1Sharon(f): 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Every time the pseudo-educated men post, it's always about how they need intelligent women and talk about their "level", as if intelligence resides in men only. Once again, are these men intelligent?

You will see a tech guy dating someone in finance and he will say she's not intelligent and can't hold conversations because she can't talk about the same things he does. Meanwhile, in her field he's not intelligent. Look at his flimsy example of LinkedIn—how many people are actually on LinkedIn so that he uses that as his criteria for intellect?

These are men who have never compared their IQ scores to that of any woman, yet talk about intellect, and if they met one in their field they would feel she's too pompous, or ugly, and other poverty addled logic. They would be the same ones to denigrate her because she doesn't conform to their ego, tag her a feminist and still look for sex from a slave.

There's no winning with these opinionated, myopic, U-30 perfectionist boys. Any girl who listens to them is wasting her time. They've bought into all sorts of unrealistic ideas on life.

You've said it all

They're stupid.

Why are they so pressed about wanting a woman to relate with them in their field?? Lol

We woman have our fields too, do they care? Such arrogance

A well rounded person keeps the conversation general and touches on all topics

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nazgul:
■Dating a comfortable guy isn't the problem most guys have with girls. The problem is lacking the intellect to relate with him on his level. Most comfortable guys are exposed, so they have vast knowledge about things. They go to places, they keep up with recent happenings in the cooperate world. Now imagine finding an average regular girl who has made up her mind to date rich guys. Obviously you cannot discuss work with her, you cannot discuss happenings in the IT world with her, she basically wouldn't be able to relate with him on his level.

■ All she would have to commune with him is money, sex and outing... nothing more. Sooner or later, the guy in question would leave her to look for someone whom he can easily relate with on his level. I can basically tell you that if you meet 50 average Nigerian girls, 30 would have no idea of what LinkedIn is, 18 would have heard it before but don't have a profile there, only 2 would tell you that they have a developed profile on LinkedIn. The solution to all this is to date someone within your league (whether you're male or female). That way, you two can work towards developing each other and not taking advantage of each other.
1. That makes no sense at all. Why would a guy engage a girl whose intellect is not on par with his or his desire in the first place? Is he an slowpoke or something? undecided

2. This amounts to meaningless rambling abeg! If the girl's intellectual prowess is of importance to you then why settle for less? Obviously, it ain't and that is the reason you settle for those that you do, so why whine about what is meaningless, to begin with?. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Ifakiland(m): 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
sqlPAIN:
This mentality is mostly common among Nigerian guys and honesty it's disgusting mentality to me...

I was watching a prank video on YouTube where a guy pretended to be an ice cream selling and tried to asked some girls out to see if anyone would give him a chance. Only about 2 girls out if like 12 he approached gave him their number. What I noticed in the comments section were comments of guys saying the two girls who gave him their number were real women and that the others were fake. I've seen a lot of guys even on nairaland here with such stuupidd mentality. Ask yourself this question, if you were an ice cream seller or a broke or poor man, Shey you go date yourself if you be woman ni?

If I find myself in such situations as a guy man, going into a relationship would not even cross my mind, not to talk of being the last thing on my mind. My biggest priority would be to hussle. Hussle and more hussle till I make enough to get myself a better life...

Abeg make una stop dey castigate women for wanting the best, it's human to want the best things and it's logical.
You no get sense
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by jeromestarks: 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
bukatyne:

This is sweet.

She kept herself until I met her.
Only a virgin woman deserves such attention.

If you're single and not a virgin, may such love be far from you.

Say Amen.
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
Strikethem:
Yes na, what did you contribute to his life other than staying, if you leave him, he will still become successful and he won't know you exist.

So if you are useless, don't stay, go your way. No issue.
You mistake me for one who engage you lots in unproductive argument. Kindly search for your mate elsewhere!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by maasoap(m): 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
Goodlady:
Life's by choice. Marry rich, cool. Marry poor, your choice .

Well, we thank the ladies who married us when we were struggling (poor). This kind of mentality and mindset makes us appreciate them better and know their values.
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
jeromestarks:
■ Nobody is castigating anyone. If she finds the rich guy (as in wealthy guy), she should date him na. The problem is that when the beauty of these girls who want rich guys can not get them the "rich" guys, they will settle for the poor guys and be behaving as if they did the poor guys a favor. It's wrong! Your beauty failed you in getting what you want and you had no choice but to accept the poor guy and you're expecting him to treat you like you're his world? Something that even the rich guys you dreamed about can't do for you (cus rich guys always want more women as many women give them green lights - no be only you like money o).
■ I once asked a girl out and she asked me " how much do you have in your account?" I told her and she shook her head and said "sorry, I can't date you." I respected her for saying what she wanted straight to my face. No dulling. No pretence. So I said no big deal and moved on.
After about 2 years when her beauty has faded, she chatted me up and later asked if I'm single. I said yes and soon we started fvcking. I broke up with her over irrelevant issue and she ask why I treated her like that. And I said " I can not date you anymore because I want a more beautiful and younger woman." Nobody is saying you should not want a rich man. Want a rich man. When a poor man comes to you, chase him away. You have the right to do that. It's your body. BUT When you couldn't get the rich man and you had no choice but to settle for a poor man, DO NOT ACT AS IF YOU DID HIM A FAVOR. In fact, he is doing you favor buy rescuing you from shame.
1. If she makes you feel she is doing you a favor by settling for you, why not run away from her? Na gun dem hold to your head say you must be her fallback guy? undecided

2. You broke up with her and you are here whining about how they make you feel they are doing you a favor? The worms that roll around in some of your heads ehn... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Goodlady(f): 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
maasoap:

Well, we thank the ladies who married us when we were struggling (poor). This kind of mentality and mindset makes us appreciate them better and know their values.
Sure. But it's good for a lady to recognize a flourishing destiny and a dried head.
May we not buy bad market, amen!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by saasala(m): 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nazgul:
Dating a comfortable guy isn't the problem most guys have with girls. The problem is lacking the intellect to relate with him on his level.

Most comfortable guys are exposed, so they have vast knowledge about things. They go to places, they keep up with recent happenings in the cooperate world. Now imagine finding an average regular girl who has made up her mind to date rich guys. Obviously you cannot discuss work with her, you cannot discuss happenings in the IT world with her, she basically wouldn't be able to relate with him on his level.

All she would have to commune with him is money, sex and outing... nothing more. Sooner or later, the guy in question would leave her to look for someone whom he can easily relate with on his level.

I can basically tell you that if you meet 50 average Nigerian girls, 30 would have no idea of what LinkedIn is, 18 would have heard it before but don't have a profile there, only 2 would tell you that they have a developed profile on LinkedIn.

The solution to all this is to date someone within your league (whether you're male or female). That way, you two can work towards developing each other and not taking advantage of each other.

Brother, don't be fooled by ladies who can create a profile on LinkedIn or are IT savvy and all that rubbish. Be more concerned about a submissive woman who will give you peace of mind. Dating someone within your league might put you in problem, and most ladies who seems to know about corporate world and IT shit and all are too egoistic to allow a man lead them.

Put character above everything. Have you heard of rich classy men who married a woman with less education? Them know wetin dem dey do o. Look for who can keep a home, who can respect you and raise your kids properly. No be LinkedIn go keep your house o.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by henrydav: 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
1Sharon:

Which one is somebody's husband?

Are men not polygamous again?
If you marry your own husband you will flourish in your marriage but if you marry another woman husband your marriage will crash.

But not all men are polygamous in nature
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Demigod22: 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
HellVictorinho7:

No
There are rich African girls or women

Point is if a girl or woman likes or loves you, you won't have to complain about what she gets from you.

There's no love in this context. The girls are fond of saying they can't marry broke guys and they are broke themselves. Why can't they make their own money before looking for a guy who is rich? They are jobless and broke and the only daft reasoning is that by marrying a rich man they too become automatically rich.

I personally don't have problem with girls wanting to marry rich guys, but I don't know why they can't be productive for themselves first.

When I see two industrious individuals getting married, it's a beautiful thing, but this parasitic and opportunistic marriage is financially and emotionally toxic.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by 1Sharon(f): 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
henrydav:

If you marry your own husband you will flourish in your marriage but if you marry another woman husband your marriage will crash.

But not all men are polygamous in nature

Judith Austin, shade okoya, Regina Daniels are still married

@ the bolded

Your gender will disagree with you

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by bukatyne(f): 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
@ Topic:

It is majorly men without gold concerned about who a gold digger is. Just how women a little lacking in beauty complain about men's preference for youth & beauty.

While there are a myriad of reasons why women want rich men, a number of them have become wise enough to know that a lot of poor men chase women who they need (believe are resourceful enough to manage their lack) and go for who they want when they have hammered.

That's when they suddenly realize that their wives/women are looking old, badly behaved, looks dirty, isn't sexy enough to cater to their desires, is too churchy etc. forgetting that those qualities were what made her able to manage him in the first place.

People who meet while younger (in university, service, fresh from service, just joined the workforce etc.) can take certain liberties with their choice of partners because they are easier to groom.

A woman in mid twenties and above needs to consider her man's financial status, ability & willingness to earn more, financial responsibility, generosity etc. amongst other characteristics.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by henrydav: 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
1Sharon:

Judith Austin, shade okoya, Regina Daniels are still married

Your gender will disagree with you
Depends on them
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
maasoap:

Well, few rich dudes are out there treating them like thrash because they equally understand that these ladies are after the money and can never be loyal.
I know some women who married their struggling men and still enjoying their marriages without the issues you raised.
There is a reason why married men are favoured when it comes to young ladies dating rich older men. Unless you are a young lady, your argument holds no water.

Yea..just few i guess.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by 1Sharon(f): 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rayban25:

Again you're just crying for nothing...whoever said women cant be intelligent?...women can be intelligent but the ratio is higher for men..now look at and stop shedding unnecessary tears

Any Nigerian man there?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by seanwilliam(m): 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
bukatyne:

@bold:

If she was so terrible, why didn't he dump her then? Why wait until he 'hammered'?

Ever heard of this yoruba saying “ b’aobà rí gbàyí, a’òní sòyínù”
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by InvertedHammer: 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
sqlPAIN:
This mentality is mostly common among Nigerian guys and honesty it's disgusting mentality to me...

I was watching a prank video on YouTube where a guy pretended to be an ice cream selling and tried to asked some girls out to see if anyone would give him a chance. Only about 2 girls out if like 12 he approached gave him their number. What I noticed in the comments section were comments of guys saying the two girls who gave him their number were real women and that the others were fake. I've seen a lot of guys even on nairaland here with such stuupidd mentality. Ask yourself this question, if you were an ice cream seller or a broke or poor man, Shey you go date yourself if you be woman ni?

If I find myself in such situations as a guy man, going into a relationship would not even cross my mind, not to talk of being the last thing on my mind. My biggest priority would be to hussle. Hussle and more hussle till I make enough to get myself a better life...

Abeg make una stop dey castigate women for wanting the best, it's human to want the best things and it's logical.
/

When women choose rich guys only, who stands to lose? Poor guys.

With Nigeria being the poverty capital of the world with a prevailing high number of unemployment, isn't normal to
expect the poor guys to lash out because they don't possess the requisite resources to compete?

The least the ladies can do is allow them the privilege to whine and complain endlessly. They are not hurting anyone.

/
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Kingzeez10: 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
Divoc19:
Some poor guys are just lazy. That is why there's always misconceptions about a guy's financial status.
I have dated a poor guy who had limited dreams before.

I ya leave am ASAP!
That so called poor guy would feed you and your parents for months. This is a fact. I've seen a broke guy that still take care of his babe. You ladies always broke to stupor without a single naira to your name.
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2023
1Sharon:

Any Nigerian man there?

I knew someone will ask that stupid question so I saved this picture for you...Nigerians are also intelligent as it is a yoruba man that founded pay stack as an example...its the country that limits most peoples ability and lack of resources

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by 1Sharon(f): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
jeromestarks:

She kept herself until I met her.
Only a virgin woman deserves such attention.

If you're single and not a virgin, may such love be far from you.

Say Amen.

You did everything except marry her.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by VULCAN(m): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nothing really wrong with this view as long as it works both ways.

Where I will call you a fool and a daft is if you have anything against rich guys ONLY dating girls that are 10 out of 10 in looks.

Short, ugly, plumpy, girls with bad skin and bad teeth should respect themselves and look away when they see a rich guy.

If you don't have hips like Omotola, full breasts like Mercy and striking beauty like Rita D, then hide your self when big boys are passing.

You can't be a size 16 with pot belly and a single mother of two at 26 and you are hoping to be toasted by a guy with means.

I'm sure you agree that what is good for the goose is good for the gander

Otherwise you are a bloody hypocrite

sqlPAIN:

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by henrydav: 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Oh so only rich men are the wrong hands? Only rich men use ladies as sacrificial lamb? There are no wrong broke men? Broke men don't use ladies as sacrificial lamb? Pains all over your comment

Exactly what Op is talking about grin
Is better you marry who you know the source of his wealth. Some ladies doesn't want where they will contribute to the man raising only to come and eat
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by 1Sharon(f): 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rayban25:

I knew someone will ask that stupid question so I saved this picture for you...Nigerians are also intelligent as it is a yoruba man that founded pay stack as an example...its the country that limits most peoples ability and lack of resources

You try
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
1Sharon:

You try

Yes..so trying to deflect and now move to Nigerian men in your bid to feel clever just backfired
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by jeromestarks: 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
1Sharon:

You did everything except
marry her.

Shut up. I'm not ready for marriage.
Your mouth is too sharp.
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Cromagnon: 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
Some of the men that will not settle for anything less than a considerably attractive woman or a certain educational background or level will be the same ones to insult women who chooses a man with a considerably good financial capacity as their taste.

Chukwuemeka, if I slap you!!! angry angry angry
plenty of attractive women
Few financial men
Demand and supply
Women don't have the bargaining chips to demand it
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Cromagnon: 9:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
CruelDove:
That kind of ill mentality is mostly common among poor men with inferior complex disorder. Rich men don't think that way. They are never stingy with their money.
when the brain is empty. The kpekus suffers. Continue. You will learn. The hard way

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by 1Sharon(f): 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rayban25:

Yes..so trying to deflect and now move to Nigerian men in your bid to feel clever just backfired

Exceptions don't make the normal dear

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Cromagnon: 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
Demigod22:
Whenever this topic comes up. I keep asking myself. What prevent the ladies from getting rich?

In school,we have girls in our department, they have equal opportunity to education, they are healthy and complete, why can't they work their way to riches? Must they depend on ready made men to cross societal stratum?

With this kind of daft reasoning, the comical feminism cannot succeed in this world, especially in Africa and particularly in Nigeria.
where has feminism succeeded? Is 80% divorce rate success or majority of delinquent children from single mother homes success?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Narrate Your Worst Kissing Experience / My Boobs Has Been Heavy Lately / Guys Stop Masturbation, We Ladies Are Ever Available(see pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.