Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,697 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? (22271 Views)

My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? / Man Slaps His Girlfriend For Wanting To Fry Four Eggs For Herself (Pic) / This Is Why Rich Guys Don't Marry Poor Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by CartelKenneth: 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
Goodlady:
Life's by choice. Marry rich, cool. Marry poor, your choice.

Did u have a choice to be born in the first place?

Choice is an illusion mon cher
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2023
Goodlady:

If I v it, I ll do it.

Super story
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2023
olab059:

I don't know why girls on here keep repeating this? Do you personally know any man that actually did this?

Yes, examples everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Goodlady(f): 8:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rayban25:

Super story
grin
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Wapgod(m): 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
Autobot05:
So what's your point?
Women cannot marry a poor man but a rich man can marry a poor woman ??

Not really my business sha
Let's see the gender that will cry for marriage and companionship. Let's see the gender that will cry about being an evening newspaper. tongue
Gbam
Hypergamy is the problem.
Men too should practice Hypergamy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by mmsen: 8:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
It's only common amongst Nigerian men.

The term 'gold digger' did not emanate from Nigeria. That is an English term from the western world.
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Theunbothered: 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jovialjune1:

It is very easy to comment without insults

Seun mynd44 nlfpmod justwise rule 2 broken

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members

Calling you what you are is not an insult. You came into my mentions chatting rubbish from the start and you want me to clap for you or what? grin
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Betashop: 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
Goodlady:

Like I said earlier this morning. Money is essential.
Only a frustrated broke person ll tell a girl not to marry a rich person.
Money is almost the most important thing in relationship. It's almost same level as love cos you show love with money.

So, only the man is meant to show love right?
Clap for yourself!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Yes, examples everywhere.

His question said do you PERSONALLY know you're saying examples everywhere
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 15, 2023
Betashop:

Clap for yourself!

That is how they think...very one sided selfish creatures...the moment you dont send them money you automatically turn to a bad person

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Autobot05: 8:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
Wapgod:

Gbam
Hypergamy is the problem.
Men too should practice Hypergamy.

Agreed .. or marry someone of the equal status.
Many women will be unmarried , poor and homeless
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Goodlady(f): 8:38pm On Jan 15, 2023
Betashop:

Clap for yourself!

Kpa-kpa-papapa-kpa!
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Maynman: 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jovialjune1:

You should be educated enough to know that not all rich men are polygamous.

if that will make you feel better.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Buksaylor: 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
sqlPAIN:
This mentality is mostly common among Nigerian guys and honesty it's disgusting mentality to me...

I was watching a prank video on YouTube where a guy pretended to be an ice cream selling and tried to asked some girls out to see if anyone would give him a chance. Only about 2 girls out if like 12 he approached gave him their number. What I noticed in the comments section were comments of guys saying the two girls who gave him their number were real women and that the others were fake. I've seen a lot of guys even on nairaland here with such stuupidd mentality. Ask yourself this question, if you were an ice cream seller or a broke or poor man, Shey you go date yourself if you be woman ni?

If I find myself in such situations as a guy man, going into a relationship would not even cross my mind, not to talk of being the last thing on my mind. My biggest priority would be to hussle. Hussle and more hussle till I make enough to get myself a better life...

Abeg make una stop dey castigate women for wanting the best, it's human to want the best things and it's logical.
. Good you're not a woman...you would have been a slut!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by bukatyne(f): 8:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
CruelDove:
That kind of ill mentality is mostly common among poor men with inferior complex disorder. Rich men don't think that way. They are never stingy with their money.

Who says all rich men are generous? Or a healthy complex?
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by 1Sharon(f): 8:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
henrydav:
Because of the same mentality that why the rate of divorce more especially in Nigeria is so alarming. You went and marry another woman husband because of money, tomorrow two of you will divorce you become a single mother

Which one is somebody's husband?

Are men not polygamous again?
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Strikethem: 8:49pm On Jan 15, 2023
Persephone1:
A broke man will want a beautiful woman to drop her standards and stay with him but when he eventually becomes more financially comfortable or rich, he upgrades himself and turns to knight in shining amour to 18-22 years young ladies full of baggages.
Heaven help that woman if she dares question him, then she will have to tell him "what she contributed to his life" other than "staying". Lol.

Dear women, be wise.

Yes na, what did you contribute to his life other than staying, if you leave him, he will still become successful and he won't know you exist.

So if you are useless, don't stay, go your way. No issue.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by bukatyne(f): 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
Akuruoulo:

Giving liabilities a simpLE reason to be more of a lability.
Can't they make money for themselves since they think they need money ?

Only women of value gives a broke man a chance. They are independent and not gold diggers.
A very poor girl wanting just a rich man should be on psychiatric check.
What stopped her from making money since she loves money ?

A simPLE man will never fail to disappoint

@ bold:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

'Real men'; 'women of value '.
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by BRATISLAVA: 8:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
1Sharon:

Such arrogance lol

Most Nigerians aren't intelligent (if it doesn't apply to you, don't get offended)
Paradoxic.

And people that like to think themselves as intelligent are usually the opposite.

Every time the pseudo-educated men post, it's always about how they need intelligent women and talk about their "level", as if intelligence resides in men only. Once again, are these men intelligent?

You will see a tech guy dating someone in finance and he will say she's not intelligent and can't hold conversations because she can't talk about the same things he does. Meanwhile, in her field/area of interest he's not considered intelligent. Look at his flimsy example of LinkedIn—how many people are actually on LinkedIn so that he uses that as his criteria for intellect?

These are men who have never compared their IQ scores to that of any woman, yet talk about intellect, and if they met one in their field they would feel she's too pompous, or ugly, and other poverty addled logic. They would be the same ones to denigrate her because she doesn't conform to their ego, tag her a feminist and still look for sex from a slave.

There's no winning with these opinionated, myopic, U-30 perfectionist boys. Any girl who listens to them is wasting her time. They've bought into all sorts of unrealistic ideas on life.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by bukatyne(f): 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
Theunbothered:

When men go for what they want women will be screaming "misogyny" "sexism" and all manner of rubbish.

You will be the first to judge and judge harshly until it gets to your turn.

@bold:

Anyone intimidated by the 'society' because of their relationship choice (once it is legal) is not serious.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by maasoap(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
sqlPAIN:
This mentality is mostly common among Nigerian guys and honesty it's disgusting mentality to me...

I was watching a prank video on YouTube where a guy pretended to be an ice cream selling and tried to asked some girls out to see if anyone would give him a chance. Only about 2 girls out if like 12 he approached gave him their number. What I noticed in the comments section were comments of guys saying the two girls who gave him their number were real women and that the others were fake. I've seen a lot of guys even on nairaland here with such stuupidd mentality. Ask yourself this question, if you were an ice cream seller or a broke or poor man, Shey you go date yourself if you be woman ni?

If I find myself in such situations as a guy man, going into a relationship would not even cross my mind, not to talk of being the last thing on my mind.
My biggest priority would be to hussle. Hussle and more hussle till I make enough to get myself a better life...

Abeg make una stop dey castigate women for wanting the best, it's human to want the best things and it's logical.

This mindset of yours makes me want to question your understanding and definition of relationship. You are not even talking about marriage and the responsibility associated with it here, just a mere relationship.
Does relationship always have to be a poverty alleviation scheme for our women? Must relationship always be defined as an arrangement where men have to be spending on women? You need a crash course about relationship, honestly speaking

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Every time the pseudo-educated men post, it's always about how they need intelligent women and talk about their "level", as if intelligence resides in men only. Once again, are these men intelligent?

You will see a tech guy dating someone in finance and he will say she's not intelligent because she can't talk about the same things he does. Meanwhile, in her field he's not intelligent. Look at his flimsy example of LinkedIn—how many people are actually on LinkedIn so that he uses that as his criteria for intellect?

These are men who have never compared their IQ scores to that of any woman, yet tell about intellect, and if they met one in their field they would feel she's too pompous, or ugly, and other poverty addled logic. They would be the same ones to denigrate her because she doesn't conform to their ego, tag her a feminist and still look for sex from a slave.

There's no winning with these opinionated, myopic, U-30 perfectionist boys. Any girl who listens to them is wasting her time. They've bought into all sorts of unrealistic ideas on life.

Again you're just crying for nothing...whoever said women cant be intelligent?...women can be intelligent but the ratio is higher for men..now look at and stop shedding unnecessary tears

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by bukatyne(f): 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
jeromestarks:

I write her projects.
I bathe her sometimes.
I satisfy sexually.
I protect her.
I defend her.
I give her advice.
I help her sleep at night because she's always stressed out.
I am her phycologist.
I help her study for exams ( I literally read the course and become her lecturer on Saturdays after breakfast.
Sometimes, I wash her clothes.
I massage her when she's having trouble reading.
I know all her love languages.
I visit her in her office and help her out with some analyses.
I once spent a whole day with her in hospital when she had serious worm infestation ( I could have just sent her money but no, time is more precious. I sat beside her bed and read some stupid children story books to her). I did that even though I hate hospital environment.

This is sweet.
Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by bukatyne(f): 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
adeola1097:

It takes a lot to see a woman that would love you genuinely, Only your mother would do that and that comes with t&cs too.
For them, it’s usually transactional since they work with their emotions unlike men that reason with logic.
@bold:

This is what happens when you cut & join ideologies.

How can an emotional being be logical enough to be transactional? Or a logical being be emotional to fall in love 'without a reason'? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Deepthoughts: 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
sqlPAIN:

If I find myself in such situations as a guy man, going into a relationship would not even cross my mind, not to talk of being the last thing on my mind. My biggest priority would be to hussle. Hussle and more hussle till I make enough to get myself a better life...

So you agree that you ladies are a bunch of liabilities n burden looking for ready made men to cater for!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:
Date rich guy till money finishes, then moves to another rich guy and repeat.

That’s still wanting the best for oneself right ?!
Yes it is! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by bukatyne(f): 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
seanwilliam:

Well, being with you is quite different from being supportive. Most girls that choose to be with broke men do so because they can’t find better offer as at the time . Some are even there, disrespecting you, cheating on you without adding any value or contribution towards your development , so if such a guy hammer, he’ll definitely dump her.

No sensible man will dump a respectful and supportive lady that stood by him doing his struggle days.

There are exceptions to every case but me and you know that atleast 95% of time, a man will not dump you if you were there when he was down.

Most ladies that say this will never tell you what they did to him when he was down .

@bold:

If she was so terrible, why didn't he dump her then? Why wait until he 'hammered'?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by okwusdaddy: 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
Some of the men that will not settle for anything less than a considerably attractive woman or a certain educational background or level will be the same ones to insult women who chooses a man with a considerably good financial capacity as their taste.

Chukwuemeka, if I slap you!!! angry angry angry
Are you a gold digger or would like your brother to marry a gold digger.Marriage or relationship is based on love not what's in it for me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2023
Slynation:
This useless simp obvious made no point...!! Shey you want someone to end up with an opportunists as wife.
My tight man was asking this girl out and she was doing shakara saying she can't date him bla bla bla, In Naija, he's doing well for himself and handsome as well, a cool guy, Immediately he left Naija for U.K and she saw his picx...Booom!! This girl started throwing her useless self all over him.
Sometimes I wonder if the word "self respect" do exists in some ladies dictionary
Marriage, by definition, is an agreement — a business contract even — between a man and a woman. There is nothing wrong with making deals only with those who you think will be of benefit to you. Everyone does that, only we define our benefits through in dimensions. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by maasoap(m): 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2023
Persephone1:
A broke man will want a beautiful woman to drop her standards and stay with him but when he eventually becomes more financially comfortable or rich, he upgrades himself and turns to knight in shining amour to 18-22 years young ladies full of baggages.
Heaven help that woman if she dares question him, then she will have to tell him "what she contributed to his life" other than "staying". Lol.

Dear women, be wise.

Well, few rich dudes are out there treating them like thrash because they equally understand that these ladies are after the money and can never be loyal.
I know some women who married their struggling men and still enjoying their marriages without the issues you raised.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rayban25:

His question said do you PERSONALLY know you're saying examples everywhere

Comprehend next time

I typed YES meaning I personally know some, then EXAMPLES everywhere meaning it happens.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
Demigod22:
■Whenever this topic comes up. I keep asking myself. What prevent the ladies from getting rich? In school,we have girls in our department, they have equal opportunity to education, they are healthy and complete, why can't they work their way to riches? Must they depend on ready made men to cross societal stratum?
■With this kind of daft reasoning, the comical feminism cannot succeed in this world, especially in Africa and particularly in Nigeria.
1. The answer to your question is simple it is the same things that prevent men from getting rich that prevent some women too. undecided

2. That makes no sense! undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Silly Things Guys Do / My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady / How To Scope A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.