Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family (29883 Views)

Hisbah Quizzes Jeanine Delsky Planning To Marry Sulaiman Isa In Kano / My Girlfriend Is Planning To Commit Suicide Please Help Me "Screenshots" / How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by benninwa(m): 10:02am On Mar 11, 2023
Hello,

That is a wonderful idea. There are several questions to ask yourself:
Do you have anyone you want to marry?
Have you prayed about it?
Why do you want to get married?
Are you ready to marry her and her family?
etc

Think well and pray well too. All the very best

Follow Jon_doe on Twitter, study his threads and ask questions
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by lexy2014: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2023
Juanmike:
You have more to lose married than being single know this and know peace.

Is that ur personal experience?
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by spencekat(m): 10:02am On Mar 11, 2023
Wait till 26,but be focused and disciplined.Also have mentors/accountability partners,so that you won't derail.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by adecz: 10:03am On Mar 11, 2023
You must also be very capable and
able in za oza room 🥒🥒🥒
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by spencekat(m): 10:03am On Mar 11, 2023
Wait till 26,but be focused and disciplined.Also have mentors/accountability partners,so that you won't derail.Above all,serve God with all your heart.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by ogify1(m): 10:03am On Mar 11, 2023
chop first.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by sammydark: 10:03am On Mar 11, 2023
Most of the comments above are not even addressing the question the young man asked which is " Are there any other responsibility in marriage other than the ones he mentioned ?"
yes bro, there are other responsibility.
when you get married it means you now have 2 families, yours and your wife's.
and whether you like it or not, from time to time one or two responsibility will always crop up from either side.
so also take that into consideration, but i must commend you for your bravery and smartness. dont mind the discouragers.

3 Likes

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by amazingspiderma: 10:04am On Mar 11, 2023
Hatrick01:
I am planning to marry and start a family as i am still young.

I am 24 yrs old boy (i am my own boss),that can stand his ground.

I am pretty sure that i can take care of a family.

I dont want to spend all i ve earned on clubing or any any dirty stuff.

I am thinking of bringing in a girl that will help me in my life.

That will also help me to manage all i have worked for since i am 17.

I dont want to squander them all.

Pls, fathers in the house, is there any other responsibility of a married man aside:

Paying children fees,

Winning the bread for family,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!

Dude, you came to Naireland to receive marriage counseling.

Please find a responsible married person with proven years of successful marriage to talk to you.

You will never get your answers here.
Alot of guys here are idle and still eating mummy thank you.

You sound responsible, I like you already.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by ednut1(m): 10:04am On Mar 11, 2023
You get babe already or you just wanna search
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Fairview1: 10:05am On Mar 11, 2023
Why marry at 24? Because you are financially qualified? How about emotional maturity? How about physical maturity? I would rather advise you invest heavily on personal and professional development before thinking of marriage.

Marriage is good and marrying early is also good but, marriage can wait, but career can't. Use your head

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Berezuski: 10:05am On Mar 11, 2023
Your mind is still very tender for marriage of these modern days.

As nothing is ever enough in this unending institution of no graduation.

Money cannot solve everything in marriage boy

Best wishes though

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 11, 2023
lexy2014:

What is in his youthful life that he is enjoying?

Lot of stuff, ambition, no responsibility and freedom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by benzion72(m): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2023
Complete a 2 bedroom flat first

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Oboto700(m): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2023
Iam 36 still learning about life.when iam ready I will go for a girl in her Early 20,,'s.. and a virgin very important

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by lexy2014: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Lot of stuff, ambition, no responsibility and freedom

What is there to enjoy in d above?

Lots of stuff like what?
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Juanmike(m): 10:08am On Mar 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Is that ur personal experience?
My dad married at 27, grand father at 45.
These are the benefits of marrying early if if you are lucky to get a hard-working and supporting woman like my mum.
I doubt such women still exist in this generation.
We are left with Candidlady, Iyaebe, and Siofra kind of ladies now.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2023
Hatrick01:

Pls, fathers in the house, is there any other responsibility of a married man aside:

Paying children fees,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!

It's so much more than this. But more importantly, God on your side, wisdom and a good woman.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Ecomfreecourse: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2023
Hatrick01:

Paying children fees,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!
Mr man success is not a destination rather a journey you have a lot to learn don't hook your self now.

There's still so much to archive out there. You hevent even aquired some basic knowledge of women and you want to get married because you think you can stand your ground. Be careful

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Aemmyjah(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2023
Hatrick01:

Paying children fees,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!

Visit jw.org

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2023
lexy2014:

What is there to enjoy in d above?

Lots of stuff like what?

Man, go back to bed. Abeg, no time to answer useless trolling questions

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Cantonese: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2023
Since you can stand your own ground, why are you asking for advise?

Stand the ground well marry na!

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Cutehector(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2023
For you to come to nairaland to ask people for permission to marry means you are still a boy.

A man goes for what he wants without seeking opinions from social media.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Originalsly: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2023
You're not ready for marriage. ... age doesn't matter. You can go ah3ad and marry but that marriage is likely to crash. You are looking at marriage like a business investment .... I have X a.ount of money saved ... can invest it in a wife ... have enough to maintain her and two kids ... pay for schooling and have enough for an emergency. But what about the woman you pick? ... what do you know about women? ... what relationship experiences you have? ... or do you believe once married you will be the commander in chief with no opposition? Women to marry are easy to find .... but to find a wife is not an overnight thing ... can take yearsss. Marriage is not something to rush into .

4 Likes

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by stevups(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2023
If you are not careful, you will lule. Life is funny. That presumed innocent girl may bring you to your knees. Prepare for the battle. Marriage is a war zone. If enemies have been looking to bring you low, marriage is the best avenue to penetrate. Please seek counsels from an experienced personality. Prayer is also a key.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by IgOga(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2023
Hatrick01:

Paying children fees,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!

You are thinking in the right direction. Before you bring a woman into your life know the type of woman you are looking for.

Do not rush to conclusion about any woman....do not rush to marry.....make sure she's complementing your life and she's the type you are looking for...

Do not assume anything with her before marriage....discuss everything.....ask each other your visions for marriage.....align and realign...

Remember the woman can make you or mar you...

All the best in your future plans
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by lexy2014: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2023
Juanmike:
My dad married at 27, grand father at 45.
These are the benefits of marrying early if if you are lucky to get a hard-working and supporting woman like my mum.
I doubt such women still exist in this generation.
We are left with Candidlady, Iyaebe, and Siofra kind of ladies now.

That's not what I asked u. You said

Juanmike:
You have more to lose married than being single know this and know peace.

My question: Is that ur personal experience?
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by kaywhy09(m): 10:13am On Mar 11, 2023
You don't start with marriage proposal.

Make friends with ladies and examine which is fit for your peace.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Regex: 10:13am On Mar 11, 2023
Hatrick01:

Paying children fees,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!

I'd tell you what, don't do that. That you are seeing some cash now doesn't mean it will be there all the time. Make huge investments. Forget woman now.

3 Likes

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by stevups(m): 10:14am On Mar 11, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
guy pls wait till u re 28 or so

Abi now
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Greenscientist: 10:14am On Mar 11, 2023
udede:
If i knew what i know now i would have married at 23., When you are 45 and with your children looking like your siblings, you will understand. Though it needs a different level of maturity

Please take this advice and don't mind all those saying, "wait till you are 27". Nobody marry late and not regret it later.

If marrying will make you poor, the single should be the richest in the world. Infact, as a married man, having a wife will make you strive harder with your business than remaining single.

They said you need emotional development to marry but there kids does not need that to enter University at 16years.

They said you're too young to marry but are you too young to fornication?

Start a family abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by iyke2frankeze: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
■ Chances are 83% that if you marry a woman who does not have a job or business of her own already that you will end up in poverty.
■The same 83% guarantee exists that it will end in regret for you if you believe marriage is a way to assert yourself as lord and controller over another human being, in this case, your wife.
■ Equally important is the fact that you cannot change another human being. You can try but you will almost always be bending to accommodate that person assuming you don't altogether abandon the relationship before that.

So, save yourself all that headache from the beginning by taking time out to learn who you are before then finding yourself a partner to complement you in every way possible. You are still very young so there is no need to rush yourself. Take your time, so you spare yourself a whole load of drama. undecided
Only one thing here is false. People who married working class girls don't end up better than others. We are three friends who got married the same year. I was the only one among the three to marry a first year student. I have overtaken them since my wife finished school and opened a family business. She has now been employed by Enugu state government for 3 years now. I am not poor. I am blowing hot financially with 3 kids now. Don't go for already made woman, go for a personality that will complement your own personality. It will be good if she has qualities that you lack and vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by TradingGod: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2023
Lamanii22:
Why not invest your money instead… marrying is not a guaranty that you won’t go into poverty, why not wait and grow older…. I know you’ve made money but keep making more money….
I luv u ❤

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

15 Ways To Know If You're Not Ready For Marriage / Check Out These Beautiful Pre-wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander / Handsome Vs Confident Guys: Who Attracts The Ladies More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.