Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family (29881 Views)

Hisbah Quizzes Jeanine Delsky Planning To Marry Sulaiman Isa In Kano / My Girlfriend Is Planning To Commit Suicide Please Help Me "Screenshots" / How Much Do You Need To Have In Your Account Before Planning To Settle Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by lexy2014: 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
Juanmike:
Goodluck with your endeavor

Is this question so difficult? You said

Juanmike:
You have more to lose married than being single know this and know peace.

My question: Is that ur personal experience?

Simple yes or no
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Juanmike(m): 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Is this question so difficult? You said

Simple yes or no
Mellow so the elders can enlighten you, you said no. Pride comes before divorce.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by deavicky(m): 2:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
FriendsAndFans:

why do you keep interpreting the bible upside down ?
Is there an agenda you push because this is obviously not a mistake.
God will guide us when we walk with Him and are committed to His purpose. A union between two is part of Gods purpose.

To know God’s guidance you must seek and expect it, while submitting to His sovereign ways. For instance, lets use Abrahams child, isaac in this context. Abraham told his servant that he could expect God’s angel to go before him and lead him to the right young woman for Isaac Genesis 24:7
So the servant went in obedience, called to God for guidance, and God gave it to him Genesis 24:11-14

Often we don’t experience God’s guidance because we get so caught up doing our own thing. We fail to ask God to reveal His will to us.
Or we get into our established routine, and it takes a while for God to get our attention so He can let us know what He wants us to do.
So if you want God’s guidance, stop and ask Him for it, expect Him to give it, and wait long enough to listen to what He might have to say. And here is where prayer comes in
sorry I had to come In here. first don't see me like I'm against the bible but let the truth be told. God does not give anybody wife. The only person God gave wife was Adam and Adam blamed God for that. Since then God washed his had from our wife matter. When Adam eat the forbidden fruit God asked him Adam why did u eat that fruit. His word were "it is the woman u gave me" meaning if God had not given him Eve he wouldn't had eaten the fruit. He could be right away because the fruit had been there ever since before even showed up.
And that is why down the line He said ya who find a wife finds a good thing and obtain favor from God.
Note here, he didn't say ye whom I give a wife. Please get that. It our soul responsibility to find ourselves a wife. But u can still prove me wrong by stating categorically any body God had told to go a and marry a particular lady in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Oyindidi(f): 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
■ Chances are 83% that if you marry a woman who does not have a job or business of her own already that you will end up in poverty.
■The same 83% guarantee exists that it will end in regret for you if you believe marriage is a way to assert yourself as lord and controller over another human being, in this case, your wife.
■ Equally important is the fact that you cannot change another human being. You can try but you will almost always be bending to accommodate that person assuming you don't altogether abandon the relationship before that.

So, save yourself all that headache from the beginning by taking time out to learn who you are before then finding yourself a partner to complement you in every way possible. You are still very young so there is no need to rush yourself. Take your time, so you spare yourself a whole load of drama. undecided
can't believe my husband liked this post. Men!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by anthonyuncle(m): 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2023
Sleekfingers:

He should wait till he is 40 abi ?

Wait and learn what? I got married , when I was 28 years , and I have been dealing with the good and bad of marriage for over 15
years ....

Age got nothing to do with being married.

1. I didn't stipulate a particular age for him.

2. your life and his are not the same.
even at this age, he has lots of things he's also dealing with.

3. maturity is beyond number of years but getting married has a lot to do with age and experience.

consider the reasons he stated for wanting to get married now, and you will see that they are not enough for A MAN to decide to get married.

it is better to marry later than to marry early and regret it.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by lildush(m): 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2023
Invest wat u have on landed property now. Don't waste ur money on clubbing drinking and all dat. For the marriage. I think it's too early. U need to experience more of life first. Before u get married. Trust me. Marriage is very boring. Starting early is good but. U may get tired very soon. Just wait till 28, 29 or 30. Before u go in. Make ur ur mind is made up to be with 1 woman. And to take responsibility of wat comes after marriage. I wish u good luck. Stay safe bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by mrkingshok(m): 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2023
You're making the right decision, but you must be fit enough to face life spiritually as you get married. It's always a challenge to be faced spiritually and in different forms.
Hatrick01:
I am planning to marry and start a family as i am still young.

I am 24 yrs old boy (i am my own boss),that can stand his ground.

I am pretty sure that i can take care of a family.

I dont want to spend all i ve earned on clubing or any any dirty stuff.

I am thinking of bringing in a girl that will help me in my life.

That will also help me to manage all i have worked for since i am 17.

I dont want to squander them all.

Pls, fathers in the house, is there any other responsibility of a married man aside:

Paying children fees,

Winning the bread for family,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by samnaija: 2:50pm On Mar 11, 2023
Hatrick01:

Pls, fathers in the house, is there any other responsibility of a married man aside:

Paying children fees,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!

If you claim to be financially stable, marriage should not be your priority now.
Why don't you start building the house or home for your future family.
Use this period to develop your self more .
After the home , nothing stops you from marrying....
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Emdebby2: 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2023
I am not a man but I will advise you as a matured adult.
You are only 24, I want to ask. Are you mentally mature to handle crisis? Marriage or life is not a bed of roses. You can have all the millions in the world but if you don't have the qualities needed in marriage, trust me, you will end up in square one.
Invest that your money and wait until you are psychological, physical and financially mature to be able to handle situations.
If you marry a girl that is below your age, both of you have the same level of thinking. There's no rush in life. Keep away from bad friends because they're bad influence.
This is my advise sha but it's a free world.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by phemmyfour: 3:13pm On Mar 11, 2023
Hatrick01:

Paying children fees,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!
financial maturity: checked
Sexual maturity: checked
Emotional maturity: ?

To live with a woman, you need emotional maturity, do you have it?
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Domistar5(f): 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
udede:
If i knew what i know now i would have married at 23., When you are 45 and with your children looking like your siblings, you will understand. Though it needs a different level of maturity

Exactly Bro.
Op, don't be discourage with your age. 24 is okay though early.

Just consider these for yourself and partner:
Social fitness: Cultural compatibility.
Physical fitness: Healthy and Mentally matured.
Psychological fitness: Age difference; ur spouse should be between 18-22.
Financial fitness: Having a stable source of income including your partner.

Goodluck🙋
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Revolva(m): 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2023
24 years old small boy think say because business is good right now and he feels like settling down

LoL

Oga first of all you are a kid , to me try get to 30 sometin before settling down

Again there are few wife material in Nigeria today so possibility say you go marry coded olosho plenty

So enjoy your young age and when u get to 35 den nak one beech belle and start from there
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by 56shams: 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
Get married my friend, you are old enough. Early Marriage don’t have any disadvantages(medical) and that’s the only thing that matters. Age is just a number you can be 24yr but be more focused, experienced and strong minded than a 34yr old. Stop listening to those adopting the western kind of life. If your source of income is stable, get married.

[/color]
[color=#006600]
[color=#006600][/color]
Hatrick01:

Paying children fees,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by udede(m): 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
Hannover:

Oga shut up with all this bull crap talk. I'm 38 with a 16 Year old and a 13 Year old. There is no trophy if you don't give them the very best.
but I wasn't talking to sperm donors, mind your track biko.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by udede(m): 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2023
Honeydenz:

Very true, my younger brother got married at 24 years of age in 2019. That's four years ago, he's 28 today but looks 37. He's always looking for money, money and more money. Sometimes I wonder why anyone would want to put himself into such an everlasting union and commitment at such tender age, his saving grace is, the girl he married is a working class lady, If not he wouldn't have been able to cope, he knows this, till tomorrow he worships his wife. Do you know how many guys have died young trying to cope with the burden that comes with marriage? Although that's not our portion IJN. There's nobody that doesn't like Early marriage but where is the money? While it is good to marry early u will agree with Me that marriage, expecially for guys; comes with stress.
Marriage is sweet when there's plenty of money but when I see his first daughter, I feel like adopting her, she's so grown, she's 4 years old but looks 9.
financial stability is very important and the OP said he is ok financialy
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by vannessa7(f): 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
deavicky:
sorry I had to come In here. first don't see me like I'm against the bible but let the truth be told. God does not give anybody wife. The only person God gave wife was Adam and Adam blamed God for that. Since then God washed his had from our wife matter. When Adam eat the forbidden fruit God asked him Adam why did u eat that fruit. His word were "it is the woman u gave me" meaning if God had not given him Eve he wouldn't had eaten the fruit. He could be right away because the fruit had been there ever since before even showed up.
And that is why down the line He said ya who find a wife finds a good thing and obtain favor from God.
Note here, he didn't say ye whom I give a wife. Please get that. It our soul responsibility to find ourselves a wife. But u can still prove me wrong by stating categorically any body God had told to go a and marry a particular lady in the bible.

You are so wrong, I wonder what they teach you in churches nowadays, you mean when you ask Almighty God to give you the right spouse for you He will just ignore you, when He said we should ask Him for what we need, did he exclude marriage from what we can add and is there a verse stating that in your Bible?, FYI I married a man I prayed about and received revelations of go ahead to marry him and I also know more than 10 couples in my walk through this life who married based on God said. If you depend solely on yourself to chose the right person how will you determine spiritual compatibility because being religious cannot really tell you about a person's spiritual foundations and load. If a persons mission is in opposite directions to yours and you marry them it can lead to failures and frustration, only God knows what is in the future for each person and can lead one to someone who will help our destiny not truncate it, you need to verify all these from genuine men of God and not just prosperity preachers.
The story of Isaac and Rebecca clearly indicate how God can give someone the right spouse if you pray about it, the servant obtained the help of God, read the story in Gen 24-27
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by ariesbull: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
Hatrick01:

Paying children fees,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!

My brother this is the best decision to make...if I had anyone advise me this during my days ...I am in my 40s...

My gut have kids early oooo it is better and you are doing the right thing
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by vannessa7(f): 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2023
My advice to you is to go ahead and get married because if you postpone marriage even till 50 you will still spend some time solving whatever challenge you are meant to experience in marriage because living in close proximity with another person will bring out some new character in you and it depends on who you are, for some it might not be too difficult to adjust for others it needs years to pass through the huddle of marriage and get used to each other, the day you decide to do it is the day you start solving whatever challenge that might be waiting for you maritally so the earlier you do it the better so you can grow past that stage and start enjoying your marriage.

the advantage of marrying early outweigh the disadvantage. To avoid divorce just make sure the girl is cool headed because females don't easily mature into settling down until late twenties and early thirties unless the gentle ones among us, a twenty two year old female can divorce you when challenges come unless she is the gentle type, also involve God in chosing a wife. Research has also found out that most billionaires became one after marriage unless you have special talent.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by zakkxx: 4:07pm On Mar 11, 2023
24 years? Your prefrontal cortex matured fully at 25 years! This is when this part of your brain matured fully! You cannot make a better decision at this your age! You will only be carried away by physical beauty! Any woman you marry less than twenty five u are taking a risk! Oga calm down and focus on your career
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by shineeye1: 4:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
Hatrick01:

Paying children fees,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!

Olboy a wife is not just a woman. It is more complicated. You could lose all you have worked for and even more by a singular misadventure into bringing in a woman. Except there is a natural burning urge for a wife, better concentrate on building your business. Wife is a divine gift bestowed by God on His beloved. Woe betide you if you think otherwise. Seek the Lord and He may give you the crucial lead...
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2023
Marry a lady that is into business.
Hatrick01:

Paying children fees,

Taking care of ur wife?

Pls i need advise!
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by deavicky(m): 5:00pm On Mar 11, 2023
vannessa7:

You are so wrong, I wonder what they teach you in churches nowadays, you mean when you ask Almighty God to give you the right spouse for you He will just ignore you, when He said we should ask Him for what we need, did he exclude marriage from what we can add and is there a verse stating that in your Bible?, FYI I married a man I prayed about and received revelations of go ahead to marry him and I also know more than 10 couples in my walk through this life who married based on God said. If you depend solely on yourself to chose the right person how will you determine spiritual compatibility because being religious cannot really tell you about a person's spiritual foundations and load. If a persons mission is in opposite directions to yours and you marry them it can lead to failures and frustration, only God knows what is in the future for each person and can lead one to someone who will help our destiny not truncate it, you need to verify all these from genuine men of God and not just prosperity preachers.
The story of Isaac and Rebecca clearly indicate how God can give someone the right spouse if you pray about it, the servant obtained the help of God, read the story in Gen 24-27
you people just only allow people to interpret the bible to you. Read that account of the Bible verywell you see that the servant was sent to that land to find a wife for isaac.
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by HumanCalc: 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
■ Chances are 83% that if you marry a woman who does not have a job or business of her own already that you will end up in poverty.
■The same 83% guarantee exists that it will end in regret for you if you believe marriage is a way to assert yourself as lord and controller over another human being, in this case, your wife.
■ Equally important is the fact that you cannot change another human being. You can try but you will almost always be bending to accommodate that person assuming you don't altogether abandon the relationship before that.

So, save yourself all that headache from the beginning by taking time out to learn who you are before then finding yourself a partner to complement you in every way possible. You are still very young so there is no need to rush yourself. Take your time, so you spare yourself a whole load of drama. undecided
You are a stupid statistician
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by lexy2014: 5:09pm On Mar 11, 2023
Juanmike:
Mellow so the elders can enlighten you, you said no. Pride comes before divorce.

Elder, why can't you answer the simple question.

You said

Juanmike:

Simple yes or no
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by lexy2014: 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:

How did you come by your 83%?
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Juanmike(m): 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Elder, why can't you answer the simple question.

You said

Simple yes or no
Good evening
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by lexy2014: 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2023
Juanmike:
Good evening

Elder de run for him life?

You said

Juanmike:

Simple yes or no
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
headofschool:

ehhh...end time preachers oo God said be fruitful and multiply...to Adam and Eve. How would you have been given birth to if they both remain Eunuchs. Paul was the one advising others to be Eunuchs and if they can't they should go and marry.
■ Abraham servant prayed to God to find a suitable woman for Isaac and God answered him. How is God not involved again.
■ He who finds a wife, find a good thing and obtain FAVOR FROM GOD
1. The same God who said be fruitful and multiply is the very same one who cursed man and woman in marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16. He reminded you of this in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. Stop letting men deceive you a lot. Jesus Christ made it clear in His Gospel that the Kingdom of God does not need you birthing babies since your babies are not of the Kingdom of God but of this world, condemned to die from their birth. So, God does not need your children. Instead, what He wants is you. undecided

2. I have read that story several times over and not a single place in that story is it written, " And God answered the prayer of the servant". Instead, what is written is that the servant asked God to give him a sign, and by luck or coincidence, that very thing he asked for happened. Now if you continue to read the story, you will find that it is the same wife that connived with one of her sons to trick Isaac into blessing Jacob, the trickster, instead of Esau, the first son. If that is God's choice, then accept also that your broken marriages and regrets in marriage are all also of God. undecided

3. He who finds a wife finds a good thing is of God's Old Law of Moses where God's promise to the people is inheritance based and as such those who have children are likely to have more. That is not the case in Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant, and Law which you are instead to abide by. Jesus Christ never said you should marry and have babies for Him nor did He say your babies will be saved because you have them. No, they are all born condemned to perish in the grave and as such of no value to the kingdom of God unless they themselves decide when they are of age either to obey Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Mar 11, 2023
kwasoly:
Show me where He said it in the Bible else delete this shit.
My brother prayer is the key.
WOW... How long have you been wearing your own Christian badge that you don't even know the teachings and commandments of the one you pretend is a savior to you? Look up Luke 20 vs 34 - 36, Matthew 19 vs 11 - 12, and Genesis 3 vs 16 where God cursed marriage, making it of this world and not the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Mar 11, 2023
chubbyswit:
foolish post as usual. I have warned you to stop all these your foolish talk you this woman. God can never be mocked
. Be careful!!
Stop lying to yourself hiding behind the mentions of God. undecided

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed Pls, I Am Planning To Start A Family by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2023
gfelo:
Ur point number one is a very big fatal lie ever bliv and stated in history, except you are a lazy man who dont have defined source of income
The vast majority of families in your Nigeria are stuck in poverty because of that #1. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

15 Ways To Know If You're Not Ready For Marriage / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy / Check Out These Beautiful Pre-wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.