Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm (53089 Views)

Tinubu Raises Walking Stick To Recite National Anthem: Oshiomole Corrects Him / Kanu: FG Is Desperately Trying To Truncate Its Own Court Proceeding - Lawyer / Wike: Amaechi Tried To Truncate My Political Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by Omooba77: 11:04am On Mar 25, 2023
Tells, Atiku, Obi, ‘You can’t be in court and on the street

.Protesters fixated on having interim govt

President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has raised the alarm over plots by some aggrieved partisans to truncate the transition process, particularly his expected swearing-in on May 29.

Tinubu in a statement by his Director, Public Affairs and Minister of State Labour and Employment, Mr Festus Keyamo SAN also warned the presidential candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and that of the Labour Party LP, Mr Peter Obi against taking to the streets while also pursuing their cases in court.

In the statement issued Saturday in Abuja, the President-elect noted that those who have taken to the streets protesting against his mandate are fixated on having an Interim National Government ING.

Part of the statement reads; “We have watched with great concern the condemnable activities of some persons and groups who are desirous of truncating our democracy.

“For reasons best known to them, these persons have remained embittered that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was declared winner of the 2023 General Elections. Repeatedly, but unfortunately, these misguided individuals have called for either the cancellation of the results or that the President-elect should not be inaugurated on the 29th of May, 2023.

“We wish to reiterate and emphasise that these positions are not in tandem with our constitutional provisions or our electoral laws. We would have taken these as mere wishful thinking, however, because of their implications for national security and public order, we have therefore considered it necessary, if not expedient, to call them to order.

“We are aware of the intentions of those engaged in these treasonable and subversive acts. We also know those involved in the many plots being contrived to undermine the transition in particular and democracy in general. They are fixated on an Interim Government. They have done it in this country before and it threw the country into avoidable crises for many years and they want to do it again. They are bent on delegitimizing the new government. Some have made treasonable insinuations and openly called for military take-over. It is for these reasons that they are desperate to incite the people against the incoming Government.

“It is perplexing to see that those contesting the results want to be in the courts and on the streets at the same time. However, if their intention is to truncate the inauguration of the President-elect and Vice-President-elect, they should immediately bury the thought. It is gratifying to note that the President has set in motion steps for the actualisation of the swearing-in ceremonies. In this regard, the Presidential Transition Council has remained focused and committed to its Terms of Reference in respect of organizing a hitch-free handover”.

The statement noted that on many occasions after the declaration of Tinubu as the winner of the election, his public speeches and utterances have centred on reconciliation, forgiveness and a greater vision for Nigeria.

It added that the President-elect knows those who are sponsoring violent protests against his mandate as well as their sponsors from within and outside Nigeria and shall be working closely with the security agencies to apprehend them and bring them to book

“He has pledged fairness as the basis for his present and future engagements. He has unequivocally stated that he would not accord favour to those that supported him, and neither would he mistreat those who did not vote for him. This is statesmanly and patriotic. We all watched the President-elect as Governor of Lagos for eight years. He never undermined any person or tribe. He championed people-oriented policies. It is common knowledge that he is a welfarist and a pacifist. This is even more so that millions of citizens have spoken through the ballot box in his favour.

“By being declared winners, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Senator Kashim Shettima are legally entitled to be inaugurated into office as provided for by law and as we have practised since 1999, whilst those who feel otherwise have the right to seek legal redress in court. Why should their situation be different from what we have practised since 1999?

“Those who are dissatisfied with the declaration must conduct themselves within the ambits of the law. Nigeria is not a lawless country and should not be portrayed as such no matter the frustrations as presently being exhibited by some bad losers.

“Those who are stoking the embers of hate, division and falsehoods as well as peddling misleading narratives through some compromised media outlets should detract from such. It amounts to campaigning after elections. Hate speeches, fake news and propaganda at a time like this are needless because Nigerians have already made their choice. Those who are bent on scuttling the process will ignite the fire of destruction and run away. But they should not even start.

“We simply wish that peace reigns in the country. It does not make sense that some persons who should know better are encouraging violence and are so determined to achieve that.

“We know these persons and their sponsors from within and outside Nigeria and we shall be working closely with the security agencies to apprehend them and bring them to book. Our concern is that everyday Nigerians who are unaware of the evil intentions of these persons should not be used as cannon fodders. Enough is enough. Their continuous determination to dare us should cease forthwith. We are not lacking in capabilities and capacities. Our silence should not be taken for cowardice. We should come together for the peace of our beloved country. It is better”, Keyamo added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/breaking-opposition-planning-to-truncate-my-swearing-in-tinubu-raises-alarm/

57 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by Massiveglory: 11:05am On Mar 25, 2023
Oga tinubu nobody is planning anything against you.
You personally set up yourself.
The constitution of Nigeria is bigger than any individual who wants to short cut his way in.
You are mahood yakubu president-select. Not Nigerians.
You will not be president of Nigeria.

In other breaking news, a Nigerian in the US just got the full hard copy of tinubu's drug case. Over 70 pages.

https://www.nairaland.com/7627456/nigerian-collected-hard-copy-tinubus#122052503

https://twitter.com/multimeverse/status/1639613349926248448?t=4YGvYve9f_tB4edRjL87DA&s=19

Tinubu lied to over 170million Nigerians that the $460,000 was a plea bargain. It was not a plea bargain,
The cash was seized from tinubu.

A tinubu presidency is a reproach and shame to Nigerians worldwide. It must not happen.

660 Likes 75 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by N3TRAL: 11:07am On Mar 25, 2023
Jagaban, why are you underrating your army?

If I didn't worship Tinubu, I for vex with am walahi!

Nobody. I repeat no human person will hit the streets to stop your swearing in and return home in peace. If they attempt, they'll nurse their injuries and deaths in pieces- facts.

Treasonable felony is a crime that is punishable by death. I refer you to sections 40 to 43 of the criminal code. How coup plotters are executed is exactly the consequences you will face in the hands of patriots- facts.
We can help the judiciary dispense justice with everything we have so that the court isn't saturated- facts.

Endsars was citizens against the police. If the sore losers take to the streets with the intention of overthrowing a validly elected and constitutional government, it would be a loud minority vs a silent majority.

Let's face it, it's already established that no one can hit the streets of the South West or Northern Nigeria to start insurrection.

This warning is for my brothers in the South South. It will be brothers against stupid brothers . When you attempt to disrupt traffic, our businesses and career we will disrupt your lives- facts.

The counter protest will be televised- facts.

Putin and Zelensky will be relieved that the media's attention has shifted from them - facts.

Blue 🔵 and yellow 🟡 flag will no longer be profile pictures across the world- facts.

If dem no born una well, make una try am for my ND- facts.

Challenger no go beat defending champion - Facts.

I call on the DSS and the Nigerian Army to act on time and arrest everyone on this thread saying that Tinubu will never be sworn in. Act now please.

201 Likes 53 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by yinkus6750(m): 11:08am On Mar 25, 2023
Well, the end will justify everything.
If you sure your victory is genuine and sincere, nothing to raise alarm about.
Let the will of the people come to pass in the country

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by PandoraObi: 11:12am On Mar 25, 2023
They will fail woefully as they did during election

No man born out of woman can. truncate your victory, Ashiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban till may 29 2031, they can only try but they will fail.

100 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by Creamypussy(f): 11:14am On Mar 25, 2023
Return the stollen mandate and have peace.

357 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by Web2020: 11:14am On Mar 25, 2023
Who elects Tinubu in the first place? Did he see Obi among the people protesting? Obi does his own in court, while Nigerians do their own in the street. You have stolen our mandate, and you want us to keep silent. You are joking. Nigeria is bigger than all of you

326 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by may320: 11:17am On Mar 25, 2023
Massiveglory:
Nigeria is bigger than any individual.
You jump into every thread and spew rubbish!!
Are you paid to do this??
Does Obi even know you exist??
Most of your comments are disgusting!!
If you think the "likes" you targeted and are targeting will be converted to cash for you, then you erred greatly.
Good if you stop all these nonsense and face your life and how it'll be much better.

103 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by Abdul05: 11:18am On Mar 25, 2023
grin grin grin grin

Any way ...just go to court

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by MrColdsweat: 11:19am On Mar 25, 2023
But you're responsible for the electoral violence in Lagos.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by frankyychiji(f): 11:20am On Mar 25, 2023
Wailer from hell!

Why are you hiding from being served the court summons?

Foolish Agbadorian president -select.

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by suckmedownthere(f): 11:21am On Mar 25, 2023
Representing majority of 200 million people is like staring in their faces and telling them that their future for the next 4 years is in your hand and there is nothing they can do about it but if they select you then they will do anything to make sure you change the state of affairs from my bad to good... Imagine been an enemy to 200 million people... Ever watched any zombie movie like World War z.. that how every living Nigerians will do to you..

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by Ckonnet: 11:22am On Mar 25, 2023
N3TRAL:

Nobody. I repeat no human person will hit the streets to stop your swearing in and return home in peace. If they attempt, they'll nurse their injuries and deaths in pieces- facts.

Treasonable felony is a crime that is punishable by death.
We can help the judiciary dispense justice with everything we have so that the court isn't saturated.

Endsars was citizens against the police. If the sore losers take to the streets with the intention of overthrowing a validly elected and constitutional government, it would be a loud minority vs a silent majority.

Let's face it, it's already established that noone can hit the streets of the South West or Northern Nigeria to start insurrection.

This warning is for my brothers in the South South. It will be brothers against stupid brothers . When you attempt to disrupt traffic, our businesses and career we will disrupt your lives- facts.

Putin and Zelensky will be relieved that the media's attention has shifted from them - facts.

If dem born una well, make una try am for my ND- facts.

Na so your elder brother take die for nothing last week after disturbing the peace of voters.

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by frankyychiji(f): 11:22am On Mar 25, 2023
Abdul05:
grin grin
And the man Tinubu wept!

51 Likes

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by Tflex01: 11:22am On Mar 25, 2023
Massiveglory:
Nigeria is bigger than any individual.

Tinubu already have plans on ground for miscrean.ts like you .

Nothing will affect his swearing-in ceremony.

45 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by MasterJayJay: 11:22am On Mar 25, 2023
Pressing of neck continues.

16 Likes

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by limeta(f): 11:23am On Mar 25, 2023
Say what you like

1 Like

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by Mindlog: 11:23am On Mar 25, 2023
N3TRAL:

Treasonable felony is a crime that is punishable by death. I refer you to sections 40 to 43 of the criminal code. How coup plotters are executed is exactly the consequences you will face in the hands of patriots- facts.
We can help the judiciary dispense justice with everything we have so that the court isn't saturated.

Let's face it, it's already established that no one can hit the streets of the South West or Northern Nigeria to start insurrection.

Empty barrel.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

138 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by Tflex01: 11:23am On Mar 25, 2023
frankyychiji:
Wailer from hell!

Why are you hiding from being served the court summons?

Foolish Agbadorian president -select.

Tinubu is your president till 2031.

33 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by frankyychiji(f): 11:24am On Mar 25, 2023
Tflex01:

He can't kill everyone like he killed Funso Williams.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by ganisucks(f): 11:24am On Mar 25, 2023
This man needs to be more sensible with his comments. Peter Obi hasn't sent anyone to protest. He has time and time again, pleaded with Nigerians to have patience, while he goes through the legal channels to seek justice. Is it his fault that saboteurs in your midst leaked your diabolical plans to the opposition.

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by frankyychiji(f): 11:24am On Mar 25, 2023
Tflex01:

Tinubu not my president!

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by ganisucks(f): 11:25am On Mar 25, 2023
Tflex01:

Are you sure about that? 😁

20 Likes

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by frankyychiji(f): 11:25am On Mar 25, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Pressing of neck continues.
Yesso

44 Likes

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by ganisucks(f): 11:26am On Mar 25, 2023
Tflex01:

Why don't you relax in your seat, grab your popcorn and watch the movie.

29 Likes

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by BlazinGlory40: 11:26am On Mar 25, 2023
N3TRAL:

Blue 🔵 and yellow 🟡 will no longer be DPs- facts.

Who is this idiot? You think the rest of Nigeria is like Lagos where thugs were sent to harass people abi

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by ganisucks(f): 11:27am On Mar 25, 2023
N3TRAL:

We can help the judiciary dispense justice with everything we have so that the court isn't saturated- facts.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You want CNN and BBC to air worldwide the killing of peaceful protesters by the security authorities. Guy, Arab spring-naija will happen, and the entire Bourdillion family will evacuate to Kuwait permanently. Infact, Greta Thunberg will lead the protest.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by N3TRAL: 11:28am On Mar 25, 2023
BlazinGlory40:

Who is this idiot? You think the rest of Nigeria is like Lagos where thugs were sent to harass people abi

You see South East for my message?

I say make una try am for my town - facts.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by boltwings: 11:29am On Mar 25, 2023
You Said

“We wish to reiterate and emphasise that these positions are
not in tandem with our constitutional provisions or our electoral
laws.
We would have taken these as mere wishful thinking,
however, because of their implications for national security and
public order, we have therefore considered it necessary, if not
expedient, to call them to order.

I said.

You are now relying on the electoral law to say this rubbish but your president elect was not declared as president elect by following the electoral laws. The electoral laws was flagrantly and stubbornly disregarded and pushed aside as if it does not exist before the criminal was declared as the president elect. Who is fooling who.

Tinubu emergency through crooked rigged election was not backed by the electoral laws because the electoral laws processes outlined in the electoral act was not followed

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2023
Stop raising alarm. Return the stolen mandate of the people if you want Nigeria to remain peace

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by BiafranPatriot: 11:30am On Mar 25, 2023
What Army??

In which Niger Delta??

Yoruba man ..Gum body can never make us LOVE you...klear??

Is this the army you are talking about??

N3TRAL:

31 Likes

Re: Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm by totit: 11:30am On Mar 25, 2023
Nough said, this is what I want to hear and see and I just did ;

The statement noted that on many occasions after the declaration of Tinubu as the winner of the election, his public speeches and utterances have centred on reconciliation, forgiveness and a greater vision for Nigeria.

It added that the President-elect knows those who are sponsoring violent protests against his mandate as well as their sponsors from within and outside Nigeria and shall be working closely with the security agencies to apprehend them and bring them to book

The IPOB foot soldiers will be in hot soup as a matter of time. cool grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jonathan Pulls massive Crowd At Kano Presidential Rally (Photos) / Yakubu Dogara Dumps PDP, Joins APC / Nnamdi Kanu: Militants Declare War On FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.