Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father (35109 Views)

Court Marriage Without Paying Bride Price / Italian Lady Finds Her Biological Mum In Nigeria After 34 Years (Pics, Video) / Man Slumps & Dies After DNA Test Showed He Is Not His Son's Biological Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Melst: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:
Thank you all for your excellent contributions. Please note the following:

1. They said the man abandoned them, but what if it's not actually what happened, so let's not be emotional.

2. I'm not paying the bride price to the biological father, but there should be an understanding between both fathers at this point. because if the child was taken away from the man or if he had acted as a child then, both parents can come to an understanding so that my wife won't hurt any part of the tradition in the course of our marriage.

3. I know that my mother inlaw would be angry, but I still feel it's my right to know. What if something bad happens to my wife because she married in a way that violates her tradition (give Caeser things to Caesar)

4. I'm doing this for my fiancee not me, because as far as I've paid my bride price nothing can come to me, but if anything comes to my wife, it automatically affects me. So it's not just her and her mum's business.

Thank you as you put this thoughts into consideration as well.

Please excuse typos

It's not seeing the man that is wrong, it's your motive for seeing the man that is totally flawed. You sound like you don't even trust the family you are marrying from. And if your reasoning holds any semblance of truth, why did the mum not do same to her current husband? If it were to be the other way around, would you look for the biological mum to verify the man's story? I hope all these madness you are reading online against women is not affecting you?

If you are all for brokering peace between them, then make them see reasons with you why he should be involved. Preach peace. But if your intention is to form detective, then leave it for your family members to do that. After all, you should investigate the family you're marrying into to avoid stories that touch. And you men are actually very much capable of abandoning your progeny. It's not news. It's as old as the future. The question should be, why did he not fight to be part of her life all these years? You should be miffed at his level of irresponsibility. Not looking for a way to vindicate him and label the mum as the problem. That's callous to say the least. And remember she was adopted by her stepdad so he's legally her father.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by linearity: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:

1. They said the man abandoned them, but what if it's not actually what happened, so let's not be emotional.

2. I'm not paying the bride price to the biological father, but there should be an understanding between both fathers at this point. because if the child was taken away from the man or if he had acted as a child then, both parents can come to an understanding so that my wife won't hurt any part of the tradition in the course of our marriage.

3. I know that my mother inlaw would be angry, but I still feel it's my right to know. What if something bad happens to my wife because she married in a way that violates her tradition (give Caeser things to Caesar)

4. I'm doing this for my fiancee not me, because as far as I've paid my bride price nothing can come to me, but if anything comes to my wife, it automatically affects me. So it's not just her and her mum's business.

Please excuse typos

You spoke well.

Meet her biological father, we are still in Africa and not in the western culture.

Your wife shares the DNA of this man, it is important you know him, but not in any official way.

I agreed that, your wife does not want you to see him, but remember you are the head of this home, listen to her explain your rationale to her and do what you get to do….your wife would thank you later.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by achimendy(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:
Good morning mature men and women in the house. Please I need your help on this topic.

My Fiancee told me about how her biological dad abandoned her and her mum after getting her mum pregnant.

Her mum later married another man who adopted her as his child.

Now she's grown and I've proposed to her, I wanted to go for her official introduction and list collection.

Would it not be nice to hear the biological father's opinion? Should I just ignore the fact that the man is still alive and proceed with the marriage arrangement?

Although she said I should not bother about that, but this is Nigeria and as an Akwa Ibomite I don't think it's proper. Although she's against me trying to find out about the man's opinion. Should I care?

What can you say about this?

Note: she only told me that the man abandoned them, but what if it was her mum that actually took her away?

Are you sure your girlfriend and her mum is saying the truth, women know how to lie o, she might be the one to run away with the child, or must have done something bad and absconded with the child, then later start filling her daughter with hate towards her father.

I've seen cases like this, just make sure you do the necessary checks about her real father.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2023
Teleprompter:
I wish this post would reach front page. It’s a good question and a sincere dilemma.
I’ve experienced dead beat fathers who genuinely didn’t raise their kids and didn’t want to despite having the means. Some to spite the mother and some just because they had no conscience.
It is our culture that accords biological fathers much regard over the ones who raised them morally and financially.
The family of my close friend’s fiancé insisted that they had to meet the biological father since he was alive and it happened that the man disrespected them and showed that he had no love or care for his daughter. He didn’t even attend the wedding. They had fulfilled all righteousness on their part non the less.But in other cases, the dead beat would be glad to be honored and treat the in laws well even though he is just pretending. He would bask in the recognition and later collect the bride price of a daughter that he didn’t invest in. Subsequently, would want to interfere in the marriage and continue to guilt trip the couple to keep the recognition going, knowing fully well that the daughter is grown and gainfully employed and needn’t make any financial commitments to such a daughter henceforth. Probably even receive gifts of sorts from the husband who prefers to be peaceful.
In all this, I still believe a man should meet the biological father to make proper judgement of the whole scenario and events that might have taken place in the life of his wife before meeting her.
How about a case where the mother did not remarry? Who would collect the bride price ?
Tricky indeed.

How do orphans marry?

How do children born via surrogacy, and all the other forms of conception marry?

How do people who were never close to their paternal family get married?

This sort of tradition is just so problematic. So because of traditional marriage, they'll have to go start tracing extended family members they've never met or known?

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by ejieddy: 4:57pm On Jun 01, 2023
Go and see him. Tradition demands it. Whatever may have happened doesn't stop tradition. He may not have much of a say in the proceedings, but tradition demands it. My wife was raised by her pastor. He sent her to school and she lived in his house. But when it was time for marriage, he sent me to go to her father first. That's the right thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by karmaolu1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
The mum should decide who to made cool
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Dafresh: 5:07pm On Jun 01, 2023
Jovialjune1:
All of you will rest las las, keep typing from your imagination just to castigate women, even if we choose to believe your fiction, who do you think you are to want to meddle into what is not your concern?

Do you think the lady and her mother haven't thought of the traditional effect before deciding to go ahead with the wedding? The step dad that took care of her since childhood, is he a dunce to not know her dad abandoned them thereby marrying and taking care of them? The dead beat that remained a deadbeat all these years, why didn't he look for his daughter if he really wanted to be a part of her life? Did her mother's marriage to another man stop him from looking for her? The lady abi na fiancee that told you he abandoned them, do you think she wouldn't have made an effort to hear from him as a grown adult and still see that he's still the same?

It's not by force to marry her, she sees her step dad as her father, being a sperm donor doesn't automatically make one a father, if the step dad is not enough for you, move on to other ladies.

This is the reason my friend refused to marry outside Igbo tribe, he believes other tribe don't have good traditional marriage custom in my Igbo clan they might end up not having child or their children might die when they grow maybe after university graduation
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Dafresh: 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:

I'm so sorry Ma, this is not the reason for this post. Yesterday we spoke she said the man is aware, that he does not have issues with it.

So why can't I meet this man as well if truly the man is aware that she's getting married?

Secondly, if they are in good terms then it should have been proper for me to meet him too.

I've seen and heard marriages like this that later required some attention in the future because of a step that was skipped in the past. So get this clear, this is not a fiction to castigate women.
Run away from that marriage it will letter affect you. Your children might suffer and letter you will still go and look for the biological father pray then he might be a life
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Osombo: 5:11pm On Jun 01, 2023
Let this teach women decency especially if the daughter was gotten out of wedlock, to avoid repeat of history, I can father orphans from orphanage or whose parents are late or children of relatives I can cater for them. For the stepdad as U asked, he definitely knew from onset that child is not his biologically so he should face his decision from onset
IamAsiri:

And what happens to the man who decided to take care of another man's daughter regardless? Can you take that? Can you even take care of another man's abandoned child? Let's all judge with fairness.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dafresh:
■This is the reason my friend refused to marry outside Igbo tribe, he believes other tribe don't have good traditional marriage custom in my Igbo clan they might end up not having child or their children might die when they grow maybe after university graduation
So, in 2023, your clan are full of ignorant people who still believe children might die of unknown causes and you came here to beat your chest about this? Rather than dig to figure out exactly what illness keeps taking children in your community, you can here to beat your superstitions-riddled chest about how it is all the fault of evil spirits? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Dafresh: 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

this is complex but it differs tradition of every tribe etc

where i came from son in law can ONLY pay bride price to the biological father in law or the women's family. if the child was raised by the mother alone, the biological father will
be present at the bride price day to witness and given a little token, but the large sum is given to the mum and her brothers

In my culture a step father can not represent a living biological father not matter the reason
they separated from the mother and whether deadbeat.

In my culture, if the father was absent when the girl was growing up and when she is getting married the biological father is invited to charge bride and the same time they will
charge him for being an absent father. if he had not paid bride price, they will charge him pride price, meaning instead of getting pride price from him daughter it will go pay the bride price of the girl's mother

For spiritual reason you pay bride price
to the biological father

In such situations your own family (son in laws) must guide you in finding the biological father or or his relatives, otherwise you pay pride price twice

Back to the story, lets say he pays bride price to the step father and in the long run the couple fights or have problems in house, which family will intervene to help ? the step father's family ? but if pride price is paid to the biological father its easy to seek help from relevent people from the biological father's family there are related by blood.
You're right if his Igbo it will affect him or the children in future, you can't represent a living father no matter the condition
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2023
mrmislim:
Lmao, my dad left us when we were young and now I am married.

I just cannot imagine my husband telling me then that he wanted to go look for my dad, bro shocked, you will go to my state and look for my dad to ask of his side of story as to why he abandoned 3 children below 5 years old?

I will leave you in that relationship with my dad as such a person can never be trusted, as that is a red flag and you’re an aspiring deadbeat husband and dad. God forbid bad thing.

I wish I can see your fiancée and tell her to run as far as her legs can take her away from you.
What nonsense.

Interesting. Did you have a stepfather who received your bride price?

Or your father's relatives received the bride price.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Dafresh: 5:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, in 2023, your clan are full of ignorant people who still believe children might die of unknown causes and you came here to beat your chest about this? Rather than dig to figure out exactly what illness keeps taking children in your community, you can here to beat your superstitions-riddled chest about how it is all the fault of evil spirits? undecided
Sir my tribe have custom and tradition
You can't take bride price of whom you didn't give birth to when the original father is a life in my tradition it always back fire seriously
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dafresh:
■ Sir my tribe have custom and tradition
You can't take bride price of whom you didn't give birth to when the original father is a life in my tradition it always back fire seriously
But your traditions and beliefs clearly fly in the face of commonsense/wisdom as it exists in the year 2023. Are we to flout wisdom in the name of customs and traditions?

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Amumaigwe: 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:
I appreciate all you comments so far, but I see many of you ignoring traditions and the points I raised because of emotions.

Have you not seen where person was mandated to pay bride price twice either because of one or two mistakes?

That's the girl's story, what if they all lied to her and she grew up with it? What happens if the tradition doesn't permit another man to collect bride price of a girl whose father is still alive?

Please drop emotions and be more critical in this matter I beg you guys. I've heard of a scenerio where they have to change the venue of a traditional marriage simple because it wasn't supposed to be held at the place it was holding then.

Are we simply trashing the traditions when indeed the bride price follows the tradition?

Abeg make we think or ask person wey dey advance for his own opinion before we comment.

What if tomorrow now, they said because of A wasn't supposed to be A, I have to come and pay goat and Elon musk before this and that?

This is not bitterness on the part of your mother-in-law to be. I suspect there is a dirty secret about her that will be unravelled which may ruin the marriage plans if you dare visit the girl's father and she is firing on all cylinders to block access to him. I advise you go ahead and see the man to ensure that your marriage is not about to founded on lies and manipulations. Failed engagement is better than failed marriage and the foundation for that eventual failure is about to be set.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by armyofone(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
Meet the person whom she has been growing up with all those years - you guys too like drama.

Must you announce to her biological father that you are marrying her ?

Can't you both and some friends, mother and her husband just go to city hall, sign papers and go live your lives ?

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Dafresh: 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:
I appreciate all you comments so far, but I see many of you ignoring traditions and the points I raised because of emotions.

Have you not seen where person was mandated to pay bride price twice either because of one or two mistakes?

That's the girl's story, what if they all lied to her and she grew up with it? What happens if the tradition doesn't permit another man to collect bride price of a girl whose father is still alive?

Please drop emotions and be more critical in this matter I beg you guys. I've heard of a scenerio where they have to change the venue of a traditional marriage simple because it wasn't supposed to be held at the place it was holding then.

Are we simply trashing the traditions when indeed the bride price follows the tradition?

Abeg make we think or ask person wey dey advance for his own opinion before we comment.

What if tomorrow now, they said because of A wasn't supposed to be A, I have to come and pay goat and Elon musk before this and that?
Don't listen to those girls advice, their advice will lead you to anguish. Tradition is very important don't neglect tradition
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
armyofone:
Meet the person whom she has been growing up with all those years - you guys too like drama. Must you announce to her biological father that you are marrying her ? Can't you both and some friends, mother and her husband just go to city hall, sign papers and go live your lives ?
LOL... wait till dem come back at you with "customs and traditions stipulates it has be done traditionally .... " schpeel. undecided

If you ask me, I think the end of all this needs to start with women saying no more to the bride-pride tradition altogether. The female will continue to remain a bought item to the bulk of these until then. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Dafresh: 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2023
UjuJoan2:

May God not let my daughter come across men like this.
May my daughter come across a man like him a man who believes in tradition is a man
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Dafresh: 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But your traditions and beliefs clearly fly in the face of commonsense/wisdom as it exists in the year 2023. Are we to flout wisdom in the name of customs and traditions?
Oga tradition is very important in marriage even the bride price is tradition. Maybe your tribe don't have tradition and custom
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by davidadenrele: 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2023
It's either you can't read well or do not understand a simple grammar " the OP has not explained if the fiancee was a victim of rape or domestic abuse, it's a common sense thing if the person seeking for advice is in such situation, and the situation as discussed by the OP the wife to be does not in any way falls into categories of domestic abuse or rape kindly read word for word in between lines before you jumped into conclusions in somebody else opinion.

Because even in nonsense there's sense.

IamMobisola:

This does not make sense. What about daughters that were actually abandoned by their biological fathers? What about daughters that were sexually assaulted by their biological fathers? What about cases of domestic violence on both mother and child? You think any reasonable daughter would still want to be involved with such father?
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by hardasan(f): 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

where i came from, if the man didnt pay the bride price for the child mother, when the child get married the father is invited to witness the ceremony, but he wont get the bride price of his daughter, when the son in law pay the bride price to the father, the parents of the mother now collect their bride price from hims (aka the father

Therefore in simple terms, "you didnt pay for the child's mother bride price, now you wont get the bride price of your daughter, its goes to pay for the child's mother bride price

So idea works in two ways one, whether you were raised by a step father from day you were born, bride price should be received by your bloodline, your father but if your father is owing the bride price, his own in laws will demand it therefor the father will walk with just a token but the rest has been grabbed by the in laws, ad for the step father she shouldnt recieve bride price for bloodline which is not his, no matter how much he contributed to the child

Then the reason they want the father to be there on the bride price day its to do
with spirituality, whereby through either traditional worship or christaing, its about the unification of those two biological parents of the child, eg in african spirituality your ancestors/forefathers are told that out child is married etc, a step father can not do that becoz there have no blood or spiritual/forefathers link

Remember in african spirituality there are problems were one is asked to bring biological parents, it can mom or daddy's size, with a step father how is going to do that ?

Step father is usually appriciated by the person he raised

Nonsense, so adopted children don't get married traditionally?
What about sperm donor babies? They'll look for the sperm donor?

Stupid nonsense tradition meant to hold women bound

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Dafresh: 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2023
casualobserver:

Avoid women from complicated families…especially those who do not have a relationship with or know their biological fathers. What the mother did to the father, the daughter will do to you. The mother has set a precedent that it is ok to take the children and alienate them from the father and allow another man to raise them. Don’t say you were not warned.

You think it won’t happen to you? Who is going to stop or talk sense into her when she decides to do same with you, is it her mother who took the children and alienated them from their father or the father who is absent from her life? Don’t forget every divorce started with “I love you”

If you want an idea of how your marriage will be look at the marriage of your parents and that of your potential spouse…history always repeats itself. It’s called learned behavior, but Nigerians call it generational curses.

If you want to marry a woman and the father is alive, that is the person that will rightfully grant you blessing to marry his daughter. If you go to another man for blessing, another man will give blessing for your own daughter. If there is a reason why you cannot go to the father for blessing or the father cannot walk her down the aisle then that is a red flag and a warning to run for your life and find another woman to marry.

The only reason why anyone other than the father should give blessing or give a woman out in marriage is that the father is dead. If you want peace and a fruitful marriage, listen to me. If a woman’s father is alive and she cannot bring her father to give you out in marriage, or says he doesn’t matter, she is not from a good home because it shows she has no respect for her father and will not respect you once she is married to you.

As far as the adopted father, only a stupid man will give his step daughter out in marriage when the father is alive. It is not his daughter to give out no matter if he has raised her. All this shows to me the step father, the mother and the daughter are not well brought up.
You're a true traditional man God bless you
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by IamMobisola(f): 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2023
43Ronin:

you see, South easterners and South southerners are not like yoruba people. marriage is a big deal to those people and hence they can't just mind their biz when it comes to things like marriage and burial. There are customs and traditions that must be followed, and one of them is getting information or asking questions. I even heard that for akwa ibom there's a lot of spiritual stuffs involved in their marriage that could be detrimental to either couple. So stop littering the tread with baseless advice abi you also got daddy issues undecided

If you don’t understand my comment together with the OPs, then sit this one out. If he goes ahead with the wedding he will definitely have issues with the wife and mother-in-law and won’t have peace of mind. Which is why I said he should call the wedding off since he doesn’t want to respect their decisions.

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Poleski: 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2023
MetaBroadband:
Good morning mature men and women in the house. Please I need your help on this topic.

My Fiancee told me about how her biological dad abandoned her and her mum after getting her mum pregnant.

Her mum later married another man who adopted her as his child.

Now she's grown and I've proposed to her, I wanted to go for her official introduction and list collection.

Would it not be nice to hear the biological father's opinion? Should I just ignore the fact that the man is still alive and proceed with the marriage arrangement?

Although she said I should not bother about that, but this is Nigeria and as an Akwa Ibomite I don't think it's proper. Although she's against me trying to find out about the man's opinion. Should I care?

What can you say about this?

Note: she only told me that the man abandoned them, but what if it was her mum that actually took her away?

I understand that some families can hide bad family secrets from future In-Laws. So it is only normal to be curious and be sure what of you're going.

Do your investigation about her real father. Hear the man's side of the story. I know, your fiancee, her mother and her stepfather may be pissed, they'll latter calm down. Marriage is not something you play with. You must know everything about you fiancee.
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dafresh:
▢ Oga tradition is very important in marriage even the bride price is tradition. Maybe your tribe don't have tradition and custom
So, no place for wisdom at all in your traditions? undecided
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by IamMobisola(f): 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2023
davidadenrele:

It's either you can't read well or do not understand a simple grammar "

It is obviously you who doesn’t understand his own write up: “Any lady who…”. And I have you instances as to why some ladies might not be in good terms with their fathers.

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2023
IamMobisola:
▢ If you don’t understand my comment together with the OPs, then sit this one out. If he goes ahead with the wedding he will definitely have issues with the wife and mother-in-law and won’t have peace of mind. Which is why I said he should call the wedding off since he doesn’t want to respect their decisions.
And he will not inform us of his own faults in all of it when he comes back to whine about how his wife is to blame for all the problems in the marriage at that point in time. grin
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Ignatio(m): 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2023
You're just looking for trouble.

MetaBroadband:

Please excuse typos

1 Like

Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Fiscus105(m): 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2023
Creamypie:
paranoid? How can a man tell his family its only his mum in law they will meet, not her dad and his people. At least, make it official to them too. When something comes up tomorrow, na she go still meet them for one info. Don't carry too much hurt in your heart. It unconsciously affects what we say, and how we behave

I replied you base on what you wrote and not OP, if u have Married, it takes alot of endurance to ur wife to be able to leave peaceful with you.(I'm sorry for my comment o)

I could see ur agressiveness while replying OP, even though u re not at the center of the scenario. If it happens to be u re the fiance!

Oga, thre are several everything that man shouldn't be investigated deep, if truly u want to leave peaceful and Long o
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Dafresh: 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, no place for wisdom at all in your traditions? undecided
Which wisdom again, you type believe in making himself happy your type can bleep another man's wife and say nothing will happen (no vex oh) but that's my projection on you tradition is very very important
Re: Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father by Whitelion07(m): 5:42pm On Jun 01, 2023
satelliteDISH:

This is a very tough one.
The girls mother is very bitter. She has been nursing that bitterness all her life since she got pregnant. She doesn't want the man that got her pregnant and abandoned her to reap from the gains that come through the girl.
That is her revenge. To her, that is justice served.

To go see the biological father might not go down well with your mother in law and she will hate you for this.
Since your fiancee and her mother have disowned the man. They have acknowledged the step father as their father and husband, go and honour the step father with the necessary traditional items.

The biological father cannot come out of the blues and reap from where he didn't invest for over 20+ years of the girls life. It is an unfair trade.
why will you conclude the woman was actually abandoned by the girl’s father without hearing the man’s side of the story? Do not advise someone to pay bride price to a wrong hand ooo! Am sure you have tradition from where you came from to know, to know the type of repercussions that can arise from such act. I don’t understand how you will be comfortable paying bride price to another man, when the biological father is still alive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

My Wife Demands Money From Me Before Sex – Husband Tells Judge / NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ / 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.