Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London (51917 Views)

A Woman Brought 2 Spoons For My Husband At Work / Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car / Lady Receives The Shock Of Her Life 3 Years After She Divorced Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by izibili44: 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
Please each time you say Henry osah, I hope it is not the same Henry I know that finish from opebi grammar school. That Henry is the coolest guy I know. That one time workin Saint Leo's Catholic church. He his the best guy I have ever met.
Tokotaya:
Microsecondnews Reporter 5 mins read

Friends defend Nigerian lady who ‘divorced’ her husband at Airport in London upon arrival

The dramatic case of a Nigerian man, Henry Osah, who arrived in the United Kingdom with his kids to reunite with his wife but was dumped at the airport by the wife who only took the kids with her is continuing to generate reactions.

Even as the lady in question has spoken up to defend her actions, a number of her friends are also speaking up in her defence.

At least one of the friends, Peace Obule, felt so strongly about the case that he prayed that the man would be deported back to Nigeria, adding that even then it would not be enough for what he did to his wife when she was with him in Nigeria.

The story was broken on an online community for Nigerians in the UK by a lady with the Twitter handle @jayydubby.

She wrote:

“Hello everyone,

A family friend of mine is in urgent need of a job with sponsorship. Last month, he arrived in the UK with his children as dependents and his wife went to pick them up at the airport and asked to see their children’s passports, which he handed over without any suspicion. She then told him that their marriage was over and wanted nothing to do with him. She took their children and abandoned him at the airport. He just come to the UK for the first time to join his wife, who came last year to study. He helped pay her fees and sold off everything he had to join her.

Today, the Home Office sent him a letter saying that he has until 1st of January, to return to Nigeria. He has nothing to go back to and may never see his children again.

I am pleading with anyone who can help him with a job referral so that he can stay and fight for his children. If you know of any job openings or can put him in touch with someone who might be able to help, please reach out to me. I would be incredibly grateful. 🙏🏼😥.”

Letter from the Home Office to the estranged husband. He must leave by January next year unless he finds a job.
Many netizens reacted to the post with cynicism, insisting that the marriage must have broken down before now for a woman to take that action.

JayDubby responded:

“For those saying it’s unbelievable, these are some of their chats before he travelled. They never quarrelled. She feigned happiness and was even asking which soup he would like to eat.
A Twitter user with the handle @tiffanyibeh responded with some venom, accusing JayDubby of not telling the whole truth.

She wrote: “A family friend of yours ?? And you want to say you Donno how he beats up his wife back in Nigeria?? He’s been beating her up for years!! And coming to the UK was her chance of getting freedom! She did what she did just to be with her kids again!”

When JayyDubby tried to rubbish her version of events, @tiffanyibeh responded:

“Do u want to see evidence of bruises? Do you want to listen to some recordings?? Long before he came those evidences got to the police already! Are you also aware he tried to hurt her at the airport again too My dear you are no family friend if u donno this story.”

@Jayydubby again wrote: “Lol. So that idea of her going to the airport in clutches was because of this?”

@tiffanyibeh: “She broke her leg! Evidence dey!!! No dey cap!!!”

@tiffanyibeh: “If you say you are a family friend and you don’t know this story then you are a liar! If you are not married yet may you marry a man like him.

Everyone is very much aware of how he hits his wife, down to his siblings and parents and they keep saying he’d change for years now! My dear you’d do exactly what she did if you were in her shoes.

Another friend @peaceobule also spoke up. He wrote:

“This Family friend named Henry Osah is a serial wife-beater and a manipulative husband. I’m deliberately not getting involved with this but if I’m pushed I will share receipts of his wickedness. Your family friend deserves everything that came to him. I hope he is deported to Nigeria.

How can Henry Osah use the kids as a bargaining chip with his wife. She struggled to go to the UK and since then you have held her to ransom. You deprived her access to the kids because you said if she doesn’t also help you to the UK, she wouldn’t see her kids.

The matter long.
https://microsecondnews.com/index.php/2023/11/04/friends-defend-nigerian-lady-who-divorced-her-husband-at-airport-in-london-upon-arrival/

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by finallybusy: 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
I no dey read fake story. Leave that to bored kids.
Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by izibili44: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
Please each time you say Henry osah, I hope it is not the same Henry I know that finish from opebi grammar school. That Henry is the coolest guy I know. That was one time working for Saint Leo's Catholic church. He his the best guy I have ever met.
Tokotaya:
Microsecondnews Reporter 5 mins read

Friends defend Nigerian lady who ‘divorced’ her husband at Airport in London upon arrival

The dramatic case of a Nigerian man, Henry Osah, who arrived in the United Kingdom with his kids to reunite with his wife but was dumped at the airport by the wife who only took the kids with her is continuing to generate reactions.

Even as the lady in question has spoken up to defend her actions, a number of her friends are also speaking up in her defence.

At least one of the friends, Peace Obule, felt so strongly about the case that he prayed that the man would be deported back to Nigeria, adding that even then it would not be enough for what he did to his wife when she was with him in Nigeria.

The story was broken on an online community for Nigerians in the UK by a lady with the Twitter handle @jayydubby.

She wrote:

“Hello everyone,

A family friend of mine is in urgent need of a job with sponsorship. Last month, he arrived in the UK with his children as dependents and his wife went to pick them up at the airport and asked to see their children’s passports, which he handed over without any suspicion. She then told him that their marriage was over and wanted nothing to do with him. She took their children and abandoned him at the airport. He just come to the UK for the first time to join his wife, who came last year to study. He helped pay her fees and sold off everything he had to join her.

Today, the Home Office sent him a letter saying that he has until 1st of January, to return to Nigeria. He has nothing to go back to and may never see his children again.

I am pleading with anyone who can help him with a job referral so that he can stay and fight for his children. If you know of any job openings or can put him in touch with someone who might be able to help, please reach out to me. I would be incredibly grateful. 🙏🏼😥.”

Letter from the Home Office to the estranged husband. He must leave by January next year unless he finds a job.
Many netizens reacted to the post with cynicism, insisting that the marriage must have broken down before now for a woman to take that action.

JayDubby responded:

“For those saying it’s unbelievable, these are some of their chats before he travelled. They never quarrelled. She feigned happiness and was even asking which soup he would like to eat.
A Twitter user with the handle @tiffanyibeh responded with some venom, accusing JayDubby of not telling the whole truth.

She wrote: “A family friend of yours ?? And you want to say you Donno how he beats up his wife back in Nigeria?? He’s been beating her up for years!! And coming to the UK was her chance of getting freedom! She did what she did just to be with her kids again!”

When JayyDubby tried to rubbish her version of events, @tiffanyibeh responded:

“Do u want to see evidence of bruises? Do you want to listen to some recordings?? Long before he came those evidences got to the police already! Are you also aware he tried to hurt her at the airport again too My dear you are no family friend if u donno this story.”

@Jayydubby again wrote: “Lol. So that idea of her going to the airport in clutches was because of this?”

@tiffanyibeh: “She broke her leg! Evidence dey!!! No dey cap!!!”

@tiffanyibeh: “If you say you are a family friend and you don’t know this story then you are a liar! If you are not married yet may you marry a man like him.

Everyone is very much aware of how he hits his wife, down to his siblings and parents and they keep saying he’d change for years now! My dear you’d do exactly what she did if you were in her shoes.

Another friend @peaceobule also spoke up. He wrote:

“This Family friend named Henry Osah is a serial wife-beater and a manipulative husband. I’m deliberately not getting involved with this but if I’m pushed I will share receipts of his wickedness. Your family friend deserves everything that came to him. I hope he is deported to Nigeria.

How can Henry Osah use the kids as a bargaining chip with his wife. She struggled to go to the UK and since then you have held her to ransom. You deprived her access to the kids because you said if she doesn’t also help you to the UK, she wouldn’t see her kids.

The matter long.
https://microsecondnews.com/index.php/2023/11/04/friends-defend-nigerian-lady-who-divorced-her-husband-at-airport-in-london-upon-arrival/

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by ahnie: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
Sweetie pls send the link to me...make I read.seems it's a juicy story
1stGenAmerican:

How can he get them deported? He can try being petty he doesn’t have any credibility with the British authorities because he is the one who had his visa cancelled due to a documented history of abuse. If he did succeed, it would still backfire because the wife can say that she fears retaliation from him and his family if they are sent back to Nigeria.
The wife worked and got money from her family to travel. The wife also seems to have it all together because she anticipated this—in the other thread Ednut posted receipts with wifey saying husband had been trying to get her to send nude pictures to later blackmail her. I see you said you don’t like the blindsiding but he was definitely trying to find a way to blindside her sooner or later. While he pretended to be smart, the wife kept quiet until the time came to show who was really the smart person in the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
Nazgul:

Something was definitely wrong in that marriage. That's very obvious. There was an unsettled grudge the woman was holding against him.

I'm not supporting her in anyway for her actions cos 2 wrongs don't make a right. I just pray they resolve it cos of the kids.

Yes something was definitely wrong. In Ednut’s thread, there were receipts with people that know them vouching for her. This woman is no dummy so I’m sure she kept her documentation from the police and the domestic violence agencies that the original story said she went to for help while still in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
ahnie:
Sweetie pls send the link to me...make I read.seems it's a juicy story

Very juicy story. Would make a blockbuster movie.

https://www.nairaland.com/7899264/nigerian-man-stranded-faces-deportation#126771522

1 Like

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
■How can he get them deported? He can try being petty he doesn’t have any credibility with the British authorities because he is the one who had his visa cancelled due to a documented history of abuse. If he did succeed, it would still backfire because the wife can say that she fears retaliation from him and his family if they are sent back to Nigeria.
The wife worked and got money from her family to travel. The wife also seems to have it all together because she anticipated this—in the other thread Ednut posted receipts with wifey saying husband had been trying to get her to send nude pictures to later blackmail her. I see you said you don’t like the blindsiding but he was definitely trying to find a way to blindside her sooner or later. While he pretended to be smart, the wife kept quiet until the time came to show who was really the smart person in the marriage.
For real? shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Fiscus105(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2023
ahnie:
No need ..I don't like going backward,just fast-forward the reply.
Lolx

Why would you? I knew you deliberately laid emphasy on english just defend gender, even when she is wrong.

Only a devil will defend people's actions no matter how bad it's , just because they belong to same gender, tribe or religion.

If you find urself doing that, you are worst than devil and you are heading towards toxic marriage in future, ultimately, it would end in single mother. Thank God people shared their experiences today.
Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by sltn(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2023
Kukutente23:

And you're sure he treated her badly because you were there abi
You conveniently forgot the part of he sold all he had for her to travel.
If she hated him that much, why didn't she divorce him before leaving Nigeria so she can go with her kids?
like what you said! Gbam that the point.

1 Like

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by AngelicBeing: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
sad
Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2023
viodemus:
The guy can sue her, and have her share custody of the kids.

If she think say dem go deport am and leave her, she lie. UK will gladly rescind her kpali and send all of them back, afterall, them no dun collect processing money and years of tax money. As Nigeria dey thief them, they them dey clear Nigeria too, from every avenue possible. from the top leader to the common man. U think say you wise, no be only them, any country with leverage, dey clear Nigeria without pity, and Nigeria get willing thieves wey go cooperate with them.

The UK already sent his deportation letter, he has until January 1st. They won’t deport her or the kids, she’s already told the authorities about his abusive history with her and her kids in Nigeria which she’s sure to face again if deported.
This isn’t a dumb woman that he’s dealing with—she’s already outsmarted him in the ultimate way.

7 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
For real? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yes Kobo! The guy hasn’t worked since 2016 and I feel he was blackmail her, sit in the UK with no job, and be lovey dovey with the fake family friend/sidechick.

https://www.nairaland.com/7899264/nigerian-man-stranded-faces-deportation#126771522

1 Like

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Ykc2(m): 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2023
his beating her later he sold all he had on this earth to sent her to abroad ,I need part 2 of this movie from ossy afasson Nig Ltd 51 iweka Road onitsha

4 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by ahnie: 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2023
Take a read
Fiscus105:

Why would you? I knew you deliberately laid emphasy on english just defend gender, even when she is wrong.

Only a devil will defend people's actions no matter how bad it's , just because they belong to same gender, tribe or religion.

If you find urself doing that, you are worst than devil and you are heading towards toxic marriage in future, ultimately, it would end in single mother. Thank God people shared their experiences today.

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by ahnie: 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
She built herself...he not only dehumanized her,he was also living off from her family.
The lady's father set him up.
Ykc2:
his beating her later he sold all he had on this earth to sent her to abroad ,I need part 2 of this movie from ossy afasson Nig Ltd 51 iweka Road onitsha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
Ykc2:
He didn’t sell anything but televisions because he had nothing to sell. Her family was supporting them because the husband was lazy and the wife, her family, and her friends financed the move. She was in the UK schooling and hustling and he was sending requests for money to buy beer and pepper soup.

4 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by 1Sharon(f): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Yes he was! 1Sharon my sister, did you happen to see the original story with all the juicy receipts that Ednut posted in the travel section? If not, check it out—the wife cancelled his sponsorship and Home Office also sent the guy a letter to enjoy the UK until January 1–deportation loading! He hasn’t worked since 2016 and unlike thousands of other Nigerians seeking a job with sponsorship has no UK education or experience so looks like his chance is slim to none:
Does anyone else think that the so-called close family friend is actually his side chick? Someone who knows them insinuated that she is the side chick in one of the receipts.

Damnn....my details on the case are quite rusty, I really need to go back and read

And ppl were swearing up and down that he sold everything just to sponsor her, yet it turns out he has nothing?
wow!

Side-chick??

3 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Fearyourcreator: 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Luckysbab:

If the reverse was the case, I'm sure you will talk down on the man. There's a name for that "women can do no wrong" syndrome.

He "enslaved and brutalized" her but somehow still allowed her to japa to a brighter future abi?

It's a good Nollywood script, I admit.
Women wey dey lie pass anything... naso dem dey do for UK ... see Wetin them do to that mancity guy ...

2 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Ykc2:
Rubbish stories! The man tales no match wetin the woman reveal. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2023
ahnie:
Take a read

Did you also read that his family and friends refused to intervene when he was abusing her? Nobody has spoken up on his behalf, not even the guy himself—they know she has pepper loading for them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Fearyourcreator: 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2023
1Sharon:
Some men are anti-japa so they can have the freedom to beat their wives.

To add insult to injury, I'm certain he was beating his wife in front of the kids.
Many of you deserve make the carry cane dey flog una wella...

1 Like

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Musauzor(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2023
If I were the man, I would not complain about it but will surely go my village way by hitting her with a high degree madness or an incurable sickness. The children will later be handed over to me and her whole life will end up in misery. I don't take nonsense.
Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Many of you deserve make the carry cane dey flog una wella...

Then they move West and the men deserve the knife, gun, or courtroom the wife carries for them.

2 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2023
Musauzor:
If I were the man, I would not complain about it but will surely go my village way by hitting her with a high degree madness or an incurable sickness. The children will later be handed over to me and her whole life will end up in misery. I don't take nonsense.
If you are not careful, the "high-degree madness" go catch you and all those around you if you no take care, particularly depending on what drug you use for it. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by engrchykae(m): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2023
Luckysbab:

If the reverse was the case, I'm sure you will talk down on the man. There's a name for that "women can do no wrong" syndrome.

He "enslaved and brutalized" her but somehow still allowed her to japa to a brighter future abi?

It's a good Nollywood script, I admit.
be careful with women, don't love them with your heart,love with your head
Demonic woman,she claims the man brutalizes her but the man helped her to better her life only to be rewarded with international disgrace and embarrassment.
All men should learn.
Remain financially strong and never slip.
A wife will remind you how you denied her ice cream after 70 years of marriage.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Fearyourcreator: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2023
Justiceleague1:
I hate men who do such things to their wives and children....they cause so much emotional and mental damage that takes time to heal.
The wife is even a good woman to have gotten him over to the UK.
He got no problem as he would certainly get a job and live his life in the UK.
Then after some time,he should be a changed man and make contact with his family only for peace. He should leave his kids with his estranged wife for now.
I hate it too ... she brought him to collect the kids nothing more... Wetin she do she no go talk am... she be angel na... those supporting her here now just see news on paternity fraud you won't see them here say pim,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by luminouz(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
Fountainofyouth....

This is for you
Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by ahnie: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
Omorr!!!the monster should just be quickly deported asap January too far.
1stGenAmerican:

Did you also read that his family and friends refused to intervene when he was abusing her? Nobody has spoken up on his behalf, not even the guy himself—they know she has pepper loading for them.

1 Like

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by luminouz(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2023
ahnie:
I said it in the other thread...women don't just dump their husbands like that.

We masked our feelings n hatred alot and always wait for the right time to strike, underestimate a woman at your own peril.

Immediately I read the topic,I already knew our bobo was a toxic
Person who must have dealt massively with his wife...some naija men and toxicity.

When you start hitting on your wife she channels all atom of love she has for you to the kids and that ends it all,she may be giving you her body,and patiently waiting for you to slip then she strikes.

If it were me....I would do same to him no hard feelings.
Pele o....soothsayer
Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Fearyourcreator: 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2023
jrusky:
Have said it any man that placed his life in the hand of all these tiny legs oversized ego 21st century women will die of heart attack then they will start given reasons and start playing victim card.
Women are wicked pass anything... them Sabi lie pass anything... if you see Wetin one small girl do me recently sef... I was just telling her colleagues that are males say naso their life be... women no send you ...

4 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Fearyourcreator: 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
They are all beds of the same feathers
I tell you
Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Fearyourcreator: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2023
Nice2023:

It is always good to read and understand.

Many of u here need to go back to learn courtesy. If it was ur mum that was beaten with glaring evidence...I guess u will be happy?

U only talk like a fool because it is not ur mum here or ur sister.

I spit on ur ugly head.
She dey lie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Shakirudeen Adewale Alade A.k.a Boneticsart, British Got Talent Contestant / Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? / Baby Found In Moremi Female Hostel Toilet In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.