Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS (28164 Views)

Lady Cries Uncontrollably After Genotype Ended Her 3 Years Relationship(vid,pix) / Is She Testing My Love For Her Or She's Just Wasting My Time? / I Need A Matured Lady With Genotype AA For Marriage Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by lomaxbien(m): 6:05am On Jan 21
ProtonX:
OP, Sorry to hear about your predicament.
There were several genotype testing errors years ago in Nigeria. I for one was tested AA for my admission into uni. AA for NYSC.
This was in the late 90s and early 2000s. I ended up being AS when my GP tested my genotype. I didn't believe but I had two separate tests done in Lekki and Jabi the following year and I was still AS. At the time I had already married my wife who I knew was AS from the start so you can imagine the situation we were in.

It is not a death sentence if you have the means. We employed the services of a Geneticist and we were given about 4 options. We eventually chose pre genetic testing (IVF) and we have a set of twins and a 3rd child. And they are all AA.

If you don't have the means, unfortunately, you don't want to gamble with the lives of your future children and family. It is a painful journey bringing an SS or SC child into the world. I have met a couple of people who were lucky because of inaccurate genotype results. They have no SS kids. But the decisions are yours to make.
Can I get your contact please? I think i might need a little advice from you.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Drjones109(m): 6:33am On Jan 21
Genotype AS Turned To AA By The God Of Chosen

Psalm 126:1 When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.

The God that changes ugly situations showed up in the life of our sister and gave her the testimony below: My name is Sister Ijeoma Okere, I live at No. 6 Orisele Street, Mechanic bus stop, Lagos state, Nigeria. I thank God for making me a member of The Lord’s Chosen Church.

I also thank Him for changing my genotype from AS to AA. For some time now, I’ve been praying and asking God to change my genotype. I do present it as a request each time my pastor tells us to ask God for something; during the prayers of my Daddy G.O, he also mentions the case and I always claim it. On a Sunday service, after the program titled, “From Sorrow To Joy” 2021, he mentioned it again, as usual, I claimed it.

This time, I went home and throughout that week, I lost my peace: my mind kept on bothering me to go and check up on my genotype in order to confirm the prayers and declarations of my G.O. Days later, I went to another laboratory for a test, and the result came out and had it that my genotype is AA, I couldn’t believe the news, so I decided to reconfirm it in the previous hospital where I was confirmed AS, the test was carried out, and the result still read AA. I became overwhelmed at the doings of this Wonderful God

To Him who has done all things well for me( God) I return all the glory, praises, and adoration, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Tzar(m): 6:38am On Jan 21
One of the labs was incompetent.
I know labs that gave false HIV + results to people. A lot of Nigerians can be very incompetent, yet they blame everyone else except themselves for what is wrong with Nigeria!
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by 12345baba(m): 6:38am On Jan 21
Kinghenry1315:
There are 2 types of As if you like disagree with me am talking from experience one is a carrier and one is not I have seen As married As and they have 5 children non of them is Ss the children are Aa and As in that other not one family but multiple you can risk it if you have liver but know that you won't have many children what you will do is you will test the child blood group in the womb that what my inlaw did because he is a doctor he is living happily with his wife now if you don't have the money for test just risk it life itself is a risk
ur absolutely right, i and my wife are both As we have two kids now one is AS the other is AA.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by xangerar: 6:51am On Jan 21
GOFRONT:
Can anybody confirm for me if Moses Bliss ran a genotype test with his girlfriend before showcasing their engagement on our Social media pages??

What would be your business with that? Just also know that those of us that are AA rarely ask because whatever the woman is fits. If Moses is AA he won't really need to be so cautious. I never asked for once but I know that the one I am with who is AS used style to tell me she is AS once things started getting serious between us, perphaps because that was what scuttled her last marriage possibilities. I for no meet her single.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Mccullum: 7:46am On Jan 21
Dzzzz:
..Your a slowpoke my friend that’s why I said you should read cause due to mutations now DNA can change..Your still in 1956..

You're very correct 💯,

Some responses to questions with old knowledge and without advanced knowledge of the new trend in science and technology.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Teymanhenry(f): 8:06am On Jan 21
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....

It's possible she didn't lie, she probably was given the wrong results. I happen to be a victim of that. I wasn't too worried anyways cos my wife is AA and my mum is AA while my dad is AS.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by hosemujica: 8:58am On Jan 21
ProtonX:
There were several genotype testing errors years ago in Nigeria. I for one was tested AA for my admission into uni. AA for NYSC.
This was in the late 90s and early 2000s. I ended up being AS when my GP tested my genotype. I didn't believe but I had two separate tests done in Lekki and Jabi the following year and I was still AS. At the time I had already married my wife who I knew was AS from the start so you can imagine the situation we were in.

It is not a death sentence if you have the means. We employed the services of a Geneticist and we were given about 4 options. We eventually chose pre genetic testing (IVF) and we have a set of twins and a 3rd child. And they are all AA.

If you don't have the means, unfortunately, you don't want to gamble with the lives of your future children and family. It is a painful journey bringing an SS or SC child into the world. I have met a couple of people who were lucky because of inaccurate genotype results. They have no SS kids. But the decisions are yours to make.
Hello I wanted to ask, did you do procedure in this country and if yes what facility did you use ? And did you opt for preimplantation genetic diagnosis or amniocentesis?
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dzzzz: 9:01am On Jan 21
Mccullum:

You're very correct 💯,

Some responses to questions with old knowledge and without advanced knowledge of the new trend in science and technology.
..🙏the argument done make me dey old..I done leave the case for them
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Jeffy1206(m): 9:13am On Jan 21
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up
how do you know you were born AS? 😏🤔🤔
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dzzzz: 9:36am On Jan 21
Jeffy1206:
how do you know you were born AS? 😏🤔🤔
..I was born in a All white White hospital and I’m the sick one of the house.98percent if the meds in our house are mine
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by EbenezerTriumph: 9:46am On Jan 21
ebexofficial:
She planned it.

Dear Women
this is deep.
Another excuse to dump the poor guy
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by bdon12: 9:47am On Jan 21
Biglittlelois:
Your solution is bone marrow transplant, do you have the financial capability for bone marrow transplant when you birth a child with SS? Because you will surely have one or two, so do you have the financial capability to travel out of the country to do a bone marrow transplant for your SS kid? Are you willing to risk it? Because that child may not even survive the operation, can you live with yourself after the expenses and loss knowing you consciously and delibrately let it happen?

My honest advice for you is do not get married, you will find love again with a compatible partner, for your own good.
My wife n i are AS.we jst had our 2nd kid a few months ago.d 1st was AS ....d 2nd is too early to test.And both kids are boys.I think we will stop here ....i might contract someone from outside to giv me extra kids or just stick to having 2 boys.....and yes we knew we were both AS b4 marriage
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by EbenezerTriumph: 9:48am On Jan 21
akube34:
we many wey Dey your shoe bro, I have been thinking my next step for almost a year now cus d thought of losing her kills me. I have made research and there are ways, however, they are really emotional and traumatic. So for now, I just Dey observe
why didn't you both test before starting the relationship
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by EbenezerTriumph: 9:51am On Jan 21
Dzzzz:
...You don’t know anything about science..If you read well and not focus on olosho and beer parlor arguments you will know that in science thing do change.
chai see finishing.
Biglittlelois aka Fountainofyouth must be in Sofia pains right now grin
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by EbenezerTriumph: 9:55am On Jan 21
Nicepoker:
You ignore or you de fear ban? Insult him back grin
Biglittlelois insulted him back but later changed it.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by EbenezerTriumph: 9:57am On Jan 21
EEIA:

The only thing OP can do now is to turn her to a steady cum bucket till the day he is married to mitigate the loss of his time and investment while he looks for a sure alternative.

During that time , he should make sure he watches and makes sure she swallows the postinor2 he gives her and also make sure he buys it from a genuine pharmacy to avoid fake postinor.

He cannot afford to now mistakenly risk the probability of bringing sickness to the world and call it his child. cool
cool
vawulence I hail oh grin
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by silento(m): 10:01am On Jan 21
efembaba:
Kai. I'm sure it wasn't forged. Why would she forge a test result?

It is seems u are born today women never showed you shege , last two years a lady I was dating showed me fake genotype result , it was real , last year I went to same lab to confirm my own that was when I saw their original result slip , then I made inquiries it happened that one my ex had was a fake one , trust woman at your own peril
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by EbenezerTriumph: 10:05am On Jan 21
TheSociopath:
Marry her. Anytime she is pregnant, you'll do a test to see if the baby is SS. If yes, you'll abort it and try to conceive again
or when the baby is born you kill it and conceive again
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by BondRiv: 10:14am On Jan 21
akube34:
cow. Wetin concern you. If I bring na your problem?

Confused sheep.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by 247man: 10:36am On Jan 21
EreluRoz:
The one she did when she was young was definitely wrong, she's AS since two test results from different lab have confirmed it.

Eiya another man will now take over your labour, same way you'll move on with another woman.

Don't ever make that mistake of going ahead, you may want to try out more test.

Was he even there when she did the first one? Dem don gba ni handicap
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by saifuhot: 10:36am On Jan 21
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up
Since my 10th birthday I had several genotype tests and it came out As. But 4 years ago before I got married it changed to AA up till this period. I'm 34yo
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by jogsman01(m): 10:44am On Jan 21
Hassanmaye:

grin[center][/center] grin grin don't push adam to eat the forbidden fruit 🙈
as far as that forbidden fruit is 🍎, pls push Adam ooo

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dzzzz: 11:20am On Jan 21
saifuhot:

Since my 10th birthday I had several genotype tests and it came out As. But 4 years ago before I got married it changed to AA up till this period. I'm 34yo
...Some people on here said it’s a mistake please Explain to them again
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by EEIA: 11:21am On Jan 21
EbenezerTriumph:
vawulence I hail oh grin
You are welcome my disciple. cool
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Onucs(m): 11:21am On Jan 21
Dzzzz:

What are these glitches sir. Some of us might need them to correct our genotype to AA😄😄😄
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dzzzz: 11:22am On Jan 21
Onucs:

What are these glitches sir. Some of us might need them to correct our genotype to AA😄😄😄
🤦🏻‍♂️😒🚶🏿‍♂️
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Manpasman: 11:51am On Jan 21
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....
first of all the parents of the girl there is lie somewhere bros thread with care. Paternal frood loading your girl side. Truth will come out one day such is life
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by akube34: 12:16pm On Jan 21
BondRiv:

Confused sheep.
ur mom
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by zed7: 1:23pm On Jan 21
[quote author=sleekman post=128041420][/quote]
You're quoting what you don't understand. A simple Google search took you to a site you're quoting ignorantly. Get a scientist to help you read and understand.
Genotype is not strictly AA and AS. Genotype evolves over time but not in the lifetime if an individual.
If you know you have a high IQ, read this and learn. https://evolution.berkeley.edu/genotype-versus-phenotype/
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Kemanwana(m): 1:38pm On Jan 21
If you did your genotype test years ago better go now and it again.i had the same issue last year..all through I thought I was AA. Because when I was in University I did it and it was AA only to find out last year that am AS. This is no joke
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by efembaba(m): 2:36pm On Jan 21
Thank you boss. I will also DM you for more enquiries on how you went about the IVF thing.

ProtonX:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Two Friends Bust Married Nigerian Man Playing Them In U.k / Ladies! 8 Signs You Are Probably Dating A Married Man. / 10 Types Of Assistant Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.