Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS (28162 Views)

Lady Cries Uncontrollably After Genotype Ended Her 3 Years Relationship(vid,pix) / Is She Testing My Love For Her Or She's Just Wasting My Time? / I Need A Matured Lady With Genotype AA For Marriage Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastoshizzy(m): 4:48pm On Jan 20
I REALLY HOPE YOU READ THIS OP.

I had the same experience bro.
We been married for 18 years now. We have a 14 year old boy that has defied medical science having been diagnosed SCA patient at age 5 (we been sticking to medical guidelines).

The likelihood of getting an accurate lab culture result is very slim. You see this test are inaccurate as a result of the appropriate temperature.
Power supply plays a significant role in this respect. The Laboratory technician would never ever tell you that.
My Genotype was AA as a kid. My late father (who was a medic) insisted the first kid we had (deceased) couldn't be mine.. after 2 more lab... a lab technician recommended the best (uninterrupted power supply lab) until it was confirmed (I tried other labs too) that we are both AS.
I love my woman. The kid is doing great too. I have 2 more sons that are AA. Initially it was a traumatic but we're much stronger as family, having gone through so much.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Kingray10: 4:48pm On Jan 20
She lied to you about the first result.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by anyamt50(m): 4:49pm On Jan 20
Genotype generally remains constant from one environment to another,
although occasional spontaneous mutations may occur which cause it to
change. However, when the same genotype is subjected to different
environments, it can produce a wide range of phenotypes.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Emma1Oj(m): 4:49pm On Jan 20
Biglittlelois:

What is wrong with you?
Why the bully?
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by tfelicityk(m): 4:50pm On Jan 20
Genotype doesn't change...

The results she claimed she is carrying then may be what she was told or adopted by herself.

If you are still doubting it go to any government hospital and do a test again.

I read a storyline by one clergyman who claimed his genotypes was changed from AS to AA. I was shocked and baffled - how the congregation will fall this manipulations and deceitful act.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by lazborn(m): 4:53pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
..Bro or lady it does change but it’s rare..Read book well
wonderful 😂😂
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by treatise: 4:54pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....
It's likely a case of different labs different results.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by akins088(m): 4:55pm On Jan 20
Her genotype has not changed, na the hand writing change

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by tnerro1(m): 4:56pm On Jan 20
GOFRONT:
Can anybody confirm for me if Moses Bliss ran a genotype test with his girlfriend before showcasing their engagement on our Social media pages??

Moses dey find citizenship forget about test jare
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by thatigboman: 5:00pm On Jan 20
Does genotype change with age? Every girl is AA until you take to the lab, test and confirm for yourself.
Op, better test her HIV and hepatitis status while at it
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Edoblakky(m): 5:01pm On Jan 20
It's a shame that we Africans are still living in the stone age. In many countries of the world, they don't even check for genotype. Why? If they give birth to children that are SS, they carry out bone marrow treatment which cures the children and they grow up healthy with no concern. But because our rulers are criminals, they do not think in that direction and our universities are not even doing research to solve problems peculiar to us. This problem has been solved since but because we live in the past, we still see it as a huge problem

8 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Okeatu(m): 5:01pm On Jan 20
Una don Bleep? If yes, una use condom? If una no use condom that's the cause.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by StraightGaay: 5:01pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up
You sound dull, you must be last in your school days.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Ladoja19: 5:02pm On Jan 20
Tell him straight point
Why speaking so long
Guy , she Carry you handicap
EreluRoz:
The one she did when she was young was definitely wrong, she's AS since two test results from different lab have confirmed it.

Eiya another man will now take over your labour, same way you'll move on with another woman.

Don't ever make that mistake of going ahead, you may want to try out more test.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by EmekaBlue(m): 5:02pm On Jan 20
My parents say am AS but my body dey tell me if I check am myself I be AA

Strong man like me

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:02pm On Jan 20
Kingray10:
She lied to you about the first result.
Please read my comment about lab culture before you scatter relationship wey you know nothing about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Primebuilders(m): 5:03pm On Jan 20
My dear it's possible and there is a cause for it. The cause is Maleria drugs we are taking. It happened to me. I was AA when I was in school. But during our marriage I discovered I was AS though my wife wife was AA.
Research have shown that regular intakes if Maleria drugs changes ones genotype to AA to AS. I met a herbal/medical doctor who told me this. He was trained overseas and is the only doctor I know that booast of curing Sickle cell disease. Yes he cures it. And the guys is in Nigeria at the moment.
He told me that sickle cell disease is an African man disease because of the prevelent of mosquitoes. That the Maleria drugs we take to cure mosquitoes changes people's genotype.

If possible reach me in this matter.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by jaydeevaa(f): 5:03pm On Jan 20
pre genetic testing is a solution although cost intensive

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Maria96: 5:04pm On Jan 20
Pele
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:05pm On Jan 20
anyamt50:
Genotype generally remains constant from one environment to another,
although occasional spontaneous mutations may occur which cause it to
change. However, when the same genotype is subjected to different
environments, it can produce a wide range of phenotypes.
Blood culture are altered as a result of poor banking. Not too many labs would call you for another test.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by sylve11: 5:05pm On Jan 20
OKOATA:
The way you carry this matter for head he be like you won marry AS or you don marry one. I pity you so much, dey form scientist and stubbornness ontop what's not.

I tell you grin cool
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:06pm On Jan 20
lazborn:
wonderful 😂😂
He's correct.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Fryx: 5:08pm On Jan 20

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by DeAnonymousGuy(m): 5:10pm On Jan 20
Genotype result no dey change over time. If e get k-leg, do test for good labs again. See medical people for advice on options like PGD or IVF with donor gametes. Make wise decisions wey consider health for both of una and pikin wey fit come. ✌️

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Neddyogu(m): 5:10pm On Jan 20
There are several plausible explanations for this discrepancy;

1. The initial hemoglobin genotype might have been done too early hence the appearance of AA. Let me explain. Fetuses in the womb don't breathe air like we do. But they need oxygen too. So hw do they get their oxygen? Of course from the mother's blood stream. But then they need special hemoglobin to efficiently extract oxygen from their mother's blood. This special hemoglobin is called Fetal hemoglobin or HbF. HbF has a way of extracting oxygen and delivering same to the baby's cells to keep function in an efficient manner. However, HbF and Hemoglobin A (HbA) do have similar charge/ mass ratios and almost identical molecular weight, so their migration patterns are similar on hemoglobin electrophoresis setups esp at alkaline pH. This gives the impression of AA when there may be other abnormal hemoglobins. In other words, HbA and HbF look alike. This is the reason we don't test children less than 2years for hemoglobin genotype. So ur fiancee might still have had fetal hemoglobin roaming around her bloodstream at the time of the initial testing.

2. Secondly, maybe a clerical error or some other kind of error did occur.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:10pm On Jan 20
Nicepoker:
SHE DID
I thank God your ignorance will not affect that relationship and if it does it would serve as a lesson for people that bring such sensitive issue to a forum with so many illiterates. By saying illiterates I give credit to their good command of English to their smartphones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Zeebuy: 5:12pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up
Genotype doesn't change. It's possible the lab where she did the test as a child didn't do it well or mixed up her result

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by sylve11: 5:12pm On Jan 20
Primebuilders:
My dear it's possible and there is a cause for it. The cause is Maleria drugs we are taking. It happened to me. I was AA when I was in school. But during our marriage I discovered I was AS though my wife wife was AA.
Research have shown that regular intakes if Maleria drugs changes ones genotype to AA to AS. I met a herbal/medical doctor who told me this. He was trained overseas and is the only doctor I know that booast of curing Sickle cell disease. Yes he cures it. And the guys is in Nigeria at the moment.
He told me that sickle cell disease is an African man disease because of the prevelent of mosquitoes. That the Maleria drugs we take to cure mosquitoes changes people's genotype.

If possible reach me in this matter.

Na wa sad cool
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by MrSly(m): 5:12pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

I understood your predicament. Of course there is solution. In fact a friend of mine is AS and married to AS. But the solution is for people with means and courage. If you don't worth up to 50mils in naira then find your way out. It is painful but that is the only solution you can afford. But if you are buoyant financially simply type bridge clinic on your chrome and get in contact with their customer care service agent and she will take it up from their. With them you and your wife though both AS can have all your children as AA. Remember, you must be a man of means if not no hope. I am willing to going share their phone number and ema if you email me. I was once in your shoes but could not follow up due to high cost, then 7.2 mil per birth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by femi4: 5:12pm On Jan 20
efembaba:

Lolz, genotype doesn't change. The initial one was probably fake

I know a couple claiming that they are both AAs until they have a kid that is AS. They were advised to do the test again at least in two different labs, and they realised that the woman had been AS all along.

You guys should go your separate ways, better than pain and agony such union provides in the future

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:14pm On Jan 20
ebexofficial:
She planned it.

Dear Women
That is prejudice. Na wa for you sha. Must everyone have your own bitter experience? Na wa o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Two Friends Bust Married Nigerian Man Playing Them In U.k / Ladies! 8 Signs You Are Probably Dating A Married Man. / 10 Types Of Assistant Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.