Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS (28159 Views)

Lady Cries Uncontrollably After Genotype Ended Her 3 Years Relationship(vid,pix) / Is She Testing My Love For Her Or She's Just Wasting My Time? / I Need A Matured Lady With Genotype AA For Marriage Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by AwokenVawulence: 9:16pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up

Your genotype can't change oh
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Deenlove: 9:23pm On Jan 20
Op.....
Make una 2 go to the same hospital do the test at the same time. That's the best way to do genotype test.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by GindoX(m): 9:47pm On Jan 20
Biglittlelois:

I'll ignore the subtle jab

Genotype is same as your DNA, it cannot change.

Your attached picture is dated 2019 bro. A billion lap research, test and breakthrough has happened ever since den.. so it can be change.. it might just be 50/50 ...
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Honestey: 9:52pm On Jan 20
Genotype doesn't change over time, does it? Hence, there is need to go and do the test elsewhere because mistake must have been made somewhere
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by efembaba(m): 9:53pm On Jan 20
Why don't you want to help me out sur? Did I offend you in anyway? Please?
StemCellTherapi:
I know what you both can do but I will not help you out.

Sorry.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Kingray10: 9:54pm On Jan 20
mvem:
you guyz talk foolishly

I have seen many cases where lab results differs and it is totally normal...lab result can be wrong that's why you are told to do 2-3 test in different centers/hospitals
See finger when you take they type nonsense, after reasoning with your anus, you decide to say somebody you don't know in an anonymous forum is talking foolishly.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Biglittlelois(f): 9:55pm On Jan 20
GindoX:

Your attached picture is dated 2019 bro. A billion lap research, test and breakthrough has happened ever since den.. so it can be change.. it might just be 50/50 ...

Link? pictorial evidence?
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by zebra(m): 10:01pm On Jan 20
Biglittlelois:

You should read multiple books instead

Genotype doesn't change.
The chance of changing is not zero. It can change as a result of a genetical mutation. But the chance is very slim.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Donake: 10:12pm On Jan 20
Somatic cells cause such precision. Some persons are AA on their genotypes,AS on somatic cells. Nevertheless don't take chances. It's a matter of choice.
muyico:
d first one is fake result
genetic doesn't change
no change in genotype
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Johncuppa(m): 10:16pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
Kai. I'm sure it wasn't forged. Why would she forge a test result?

It wasn't forged, but mostbif the test they run for children or during admission into schools are not reliable.
Most analysis are not run, the lab scientists just wrote something there, and most common genotype they'll write is AA. Until you're serious and they know you're talking of marriage. Only that one is a serious one.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Biglittlelois(f): 10:28pm On Jan 20
zebra:

The chance of changing is not zero. It can change as a result of a genetical mutation. But the chance is very slim.

I keep seeing this yet no solid proof that it has ever happened, if there is show the link and pictorial evidence that it exists, not hearsay.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Jesubaby: 10:32pm On Jan 20
sleek214:
Your fiancee didn't test AA when she was young, she assumed she was AA.
what about the test results that shows she's AA

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by themanderon: 10:32pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....

She is probably lying to you about the one she did when young. Genotype does not change. Women can lie to get what they want.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Jesubaby: 10:35pm On Jan 20
Johncuppa:

It wasn't forged, but mostbif the test they run for children or during admission into schools are not reliable.
Most analysis are not run, the lab scientists just wrote something there, and most common genotype they'll write is AA. Until you're serious and they know you're talking of marriage. Only that one is a serious one.
Probably. Because this same issue happened to my friend too. But he went ahead and married the girl

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Samowo4real: 10:43pm On Jan 20
Ajiswaggs:
But is it possible for AA and AA to birth AS ?
isn’t possible
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ProtonX: 10:55pm On Jan 20
amnesty7:

Great comment, Sir.
May I contact you via email please?

Sure DM
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Cossybob(m): 11:00pm On Jan 20
Kaido:

I have done my genotype twice and both results AA. It will be funny seeing AS the third time. grin

Try a different lab son
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by sonofsteven: 11:06pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
..Bro or lady it does change but it’s rare..Read book well

Genotype does NOT change

Bookworm

Because it is carried from both parents

It's either there was a mistake somewhere medically or she was hiding it from the guy or based on assumptions
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by sonofsteven: 11:08pm On Jan 20
Johncuppa:

Good explanation man

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by jnrbayano(m): 12:21am On Jan 21
Kinghenry1315:
There are 2 types of As if you like disagree with me am talking from experience one is a carrier and one is not I have seen As married As and they have 5 children non of them is Ss the children are Aa and As in that other not one family but multiple you can risk it if you have liver but know that you won't have many children what you will do is you will test the child blood group in the womb that what my inlaw did because he is a doctor he is living happily with his wife now if you don't have the money for test just risk it life itself is a risk

Take your drugs ASAP
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Raylight2(m): 12:35am On Jan 21
idtiwo:
Genotype changes for reason unknown to me. Before i got married, my fiancee and I went for genotype test in a reputable lab recommended by her church as that was the first condition given to us by her church before we could start marriage counselling. When we finished counseling in her church, it was the turn of my own church to do another round of counselling and they also referred us to do a genotype test which we also complied with.

Both labs sent our results directly to the two churches and the results were AA for both of us. Five years into the marriage after we've had two kids already, she had a medical issue and they had to do medical test for her and behold, her genotype result was AS. This shocked me and both of us had to go do another test in another lab again to confirm the new test result and while mine remained AA , her was confirmed again as AS. When the marriage clocked 15 years, myself and her and all our kids went for a fresh round of genotype test and all of us except my wife are AA with my wife as the only AS.

So genotype does change but i don't know the medical mystery behind it.

If you double checked, you'd have known an error was made. I did mine in 3 different labs to be sure of my genotype. Errors happen in the lab. Those lab guys handle multiple samples and they could get confused which belongs to A and at the end , issue any result to you.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dybala11(m): 12:50am On Jan 21
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up
Genotype doesn't change abeg, dey tune down the lie. Mutations that will lead to a genotype or DNA change within a relatively short time will be fatal. And the said lady didn't go for bone marrow transplant too.
The issue supposedly happened to both the OP and the fiancee, should we now assume that the genotype of both of them changed within some years?
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dybala11(m): 12:55am On Jan 21
Kinghenry1315:
There are 2 types of As if you like disagree with me am talking from experience one is a carrier and one is not I have seen As married As and they have 5 children non of them is Ss the children are Aa and As in that other not one family but multiple you can risk it if you have liver but know that you won't have many children what you will do is you will test the child blood group in the womb that what my inlaw did because he is a doctor he is living happily with his wife now if you don't have the money for test just risk it life itself is a risk
Nah, dey play on your first statement.
Yes, there are tests that can be done on the foetus sha.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dybala11(m): 12:59am On Jan 21
Dzzzz:
..Your a slowpoke my friend that’s why I said you should read cause due to mutations now DNA can change..Your still in 1956..
Dude, the mutation that will lead to an outright change in DNA will be fatal. Dey play shogbọ. 🙄
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by richhills(m): 1:14am On Jan 21
I am AA. I tested multiple times. The last one was during my HND programme admission. When I got to the States, I fell sick, at the hospital they were telling me me I was a sickle cell carrier. I disputed it, along the line, my health improved and their basis for saying so was shaken but not cleared. I left the hospital and the state. My current doctor still insists that there is a trace of sickle cell in my genes after many blood works, I guess about three.
Dzzzz:
...You don’t know anything about science..If you read well and not focus on olosho and beer parlor arguments you will know that in science thing do chan
ge.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ukaface(f): 1:23am On Jan 21
ebexofficial:
She planned it.

Dear Women
mtcheeeew
You go just open mouth waaaaa, Dey talk gibberish
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Ashirioluwa: 1:44am On Jan 21
Another reason to retetest at a different laboratory is that genotype results could be incorrect or misinterpreted.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Compliant(m): 2:50am On Jan 21
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....

Goto another government hospital to do it sir.

Before i got married, i had 2 test result which shows AS, so i know my partner must be AA to be compatible, after some years searching i met my wife who happens to be AA, we both went for comprehensive medical check up only for me to get my result AA, went to another government hospital after some weeks and it's same AA for me.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by africandollar: 3:42am On Jan 21
GOFRONT:
Can anybody confirm for me if Moses Bliss ran a genotype test with his girlfriend before showcasing their engagement on our Social media pages??

This is the comment I have been looking for grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by BALLOSKI: 4:39am On Jan 21
Dzzzz:
Genotype changes?
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by BALLOSKI: 4:40am On Jan 21
GOFRONT:
Can anybody confirm for me if Moses Bliss ran a genotype test with his girlfriend before showcasing their engagement on our Social media pages??
The way he was speaking in tongues, I'm sure he has left that aspect for religion to take care of.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by cyberguy72(m): 6:04am On Jan 21
Dzzzz:
What kind of glitches?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Two Friends Bust Married Nigerian Man Playing Them In U.k / Ladies! 8 Signs You Are Probably Dating A Married Man. / 10 Types Of Assistant Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.