Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS (28349 Views)

Lady Cries Uncontrollably After Genotype Ended Her 3 Years Relationship(vid,pix) / Is She Testing My Love For Her Or She's Just Wasting My Time? / I Need A Matured Lady With Genotype AA For Marriage Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by MightySparrow: 6:20pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....

Foolhardiness is dangerful my brother

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by GrandTempestPro: 6:20pm On Jan 20
Gene mutation due to deletion, addition, substitution or other base.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Donpeee001: 6:21pm On Jan 20
For your nmbr1 question.. Yes it can change. Very possible. I am an example.. I tested AA while I was young and lived and believe I was AA until I wanted to get married it turned out I was now testing AS.

Your second question.. Yes you can marry and have beautiful healthy kids
Good thing you both are aware now. All you need do is once ur wife if pregnant at 2months Abi 3mnths you guys do NIPT test to determine d gene of the baby.. But it's costly sha.. U just need to have money..
It was 400k last year.. No idea now though.

Na from experience I take answer u so
Las Las na ur choice go matter.. Cheers
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by elisbabs499(m): 6:23pm On Jan 20
This is not the end if you want to go ahead with each other. GENOTYPE can be conducted for a baby in pregnancy. There are two main ways of checking your baby for genetic problems while it is in the womb. These techniques are called amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling (CVS). All you need to do is to make sure you check the baby's genotype during pregnancy. If it turns out to be SS, then you do away with the pregnancy before the baby is being delivered...
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Adeyinka12(m): 6:26pm On Jan 20
Primebuilders:
My dear it's possible and there is a cause for it. The cause is Maleria drugs we are taking. It happened to me. I was AA when I was in school. But during our marriage I discovered I was AS though my wife wife was AA.
Research have shown that regular intakes if Maleria drugs changes ones genotype to AA to AS. I met a herbal/medical doctor who told me this. He was trained overseas and is the only doctor I know that booast of curing Sickle cell disease. Yes he cures it. And the guys is in Nigeria at the moment.
He told me that sickle cell disease is an African man disease because of the prevelent of mosquitoes. That the Maleria drugs we take to cure mosquitoes changes people's genotype.

If possible reach me in this matter.
wonderful! Are you kidding?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by emonis88: 6:30pm On Jan 20
Them don scam u n still dey scam u🤣🤣🤣🤣🥱🥱🥱🥱
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by casualobserver: 6:32pm On Jan 20
Donpeee001:
For your nmbr1 question.. Yes it can change. Very possible. I am an example.. I tested AA while I was young and lived and believe I was AA until I wanted to get married it turned out I was now testing AS.

Your second question.. Yes you can marry and have beautiful healthy kids
Good thing you both are aware now. All you need do is once ur wife if pregnant at 2months Abi 3mnths you guys do NIPT test to determine d gene of the baby.. But it's costly sha.. U just need to have money..
It was 400k last year.. No idea now though.

Na from experience I take answer u so
Las Las na ur choice go matter.. Cheers

DNA and genotype do not change. Genetic mutations are extremely rare. About 4 or 5 people have given testimonies about different test results including yourself. In a thread of 5 pages, probably less than 100 people, that is not what you call rare. Therefore something else is responsible for the different test results. Do you know what it takes to have a genetic mutation? It means exposure to things like radiation. If you have been exposed to radiation such that your DNA has mutated, your problem is more than your blood type.

Put on your thinking caps. The most likely scenario is you have been conducting your tests at quack labs. The truth is most Nigerians cannot afford to go to reputable medical labs. In a country where everything is faked, equipment is substandard and staff are not qualified, what makes you think, the lab and the lab attendant you went to are qualified and have proper equipment or proper test procedures?

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Rolings: 6:33pm On Jan 20
sleek214:
Your fiancee didn't test AA when she was young, she assumed she was AA.

Like the vaaaast majority of us.
We just assume we are AA ( the good one)...who wants to admit having the bad one

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Tohsynetita1: 6:34pm On Jan 20
This era, if you are really serious with marriage o. You don't ask about genotype from someone you want to marry anymore. This issue of yours had happened to several people but we never learn. if you really want to marry now in this era, you will take the lady to hospital by yourself and you won't assume she already knows it.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Fab21: 6:40pm On Jan 20
idtiwo:
Genotype changes for reason unknown to me. Before i got married, my fiancee and I went for genotype test in a reputable lab recommended by her church as that was the first condition given to us by her church before we could start marriage counselling. When we finished counseling in her church, it was the turn of my own church to do another round of counselling and they also referred us to do a genotype test which we also complied with.

Both labs sent our results directly to the two churches and the results were AA for both of us. Five years into the marriage after we've had two kids already, she had a medical issue and they had to do medical test for her and behold, her genotype result was AS. This shocked me and both of us had to go do another test in another lab again to confirm the new test result and while mine remained AA , her was confirmed again as AS. When the marriage clocked 15 years, myself and her and all our kids went for a fresh round of genotype test and all of us except my wife are AA with my wife as the only AS.

So genotype does change but i don't know the medical mystery behind it.

Hmmm!!!

Speechless
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by JDJDjD: 6:51pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up
One of your result is fake
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by BondRiv: 6:58pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
..Bro or lady it does change but it’s rare..Read book well

Reading fiction.

What books told you that genotype changes? Mention them. Better stop reading rubbish.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by BondRiv: 7:04pm On Jan 20
akube34:
we many wey Dey your shoe bro, I have been thinking my next step for almost a year now cus d thought of losing her kills me. I have made research and there are ways, however, they are really emotional and traumatic. So for now, I just Dey observe

UN observer, don't bring any child to this world to suffer because of your selfishness and wilful ignorance.

It is also a cause for concern that you guys are many. The government has to carry out massive orientation.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pastorjohn2: 7:04pm On Jan 20
Miracle of the lord

Give praises to God brother.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ericmor: 7:14pm On Jan 20
akube34:
we many wey Dey your shoe bro, I have been thinking my next step for almost a year now cus d thought of losing her kills me. I have made research and there are ways, however, they are really emotional and traumatic. So for now, I just Dey observe

Solution I know is only over there in the UK because it is the only one I have experienced through my close friend. May be there are other solution but I will only mentioned this one I know for now
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pat081: 7:15pm On Jan 20
Is there any SS in her family? Do the test in another hospital when the result is out you can show them that the first result show AA when she was young why AS now
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ericmor: 7:22pm On Jan 20
gratiaeo:
During my secondary school years I was tested AA but when I wanted to marry I went to hospital for test and tested AS

All this thing could be spiritual, may be village people cus have never heard of this since I was born
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Akinpresident: 7:24pm On Jan 20
I think that people shouldn't leave someone they've invested their emotions into because of genotype mishap. If I ever find myself in this situation, I'll opt for surrogacy for bearing children or even adoption. It's something I have to discuss with my partner though. If you have cash, you can go this route if your partner is cool with it. Else, you guys gotta call it off. At the end of the day, it's just children to call our own and be part of our lives.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Charly68: 7:25pm On Jan 20
Something is wrong somewhere ..let her do the test again to confirm
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Diligence: 7:26pm On Jan 20
1. Pls: any1 reading this, don't continue with AS AS
2. I still HV the mental pix of this girl (very beautiful & brilliant & articulate)... Visited/did Christian follow-up after sometime, behold she's somewhat shrinking, they said it's sickle cell. Another enquiry, she was gone! A teenager. No one wants to lose a child!
3. A brother insisted he's in love & must go ahead to marry this lady. He did. But after sometime (months) she passed on; they said it's sickle cell anaemia
4. Experience 1: Tested Blood Group A Genotype AA (Crystal Estate/Amuwo-Odofin/Festac)
Experience 2: I's given a result AS (Orile-Iganmu)
Experience 3: Result: A AA (Ikoyi)
Experience 4: Result: A AA (V.I)
5. Abeg confirm over & over again! No mistakes abeg-o-o!
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ericmor: 7:27pm On Jan 20
Raylight2:

Since you said she showed you a result that shows she was AA, it means an error was made at the time she was a Baby. Probably an exchanged result. Invariably, someone else might have been made to believe s/he is AS.

Matters could have even gotten complicated if the couple that gave birth to the other child who got the AS result were both AA. The woman would have first been a suspect.

The person the result was switched with is the other person saying the same thing here also. Nairaland have brought them together cus I know the AS then will soon come out to say it change because he is AA now
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by joinnow: 7:29pm On Jan 20
Kinghenry1315:
There are 2 types of As if you like disagree with me am talking from experience one is a carrier and one is not I have seen As married As and they have 5 children non of them is Ss the children are Aa and As in that other not one family but multiple you can risk it if you have liver but know that you won't have many children what you will do is you will test the child blood group in the womb that what my inlaw did because he is a doctor he is living happily with his wife now if you don't have the money for test just risk it life itself is a risk

Tah- deh...
Did you jump window during biology class and integrated science when the master or mistress is coming
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by kay29000(m): 7:29pm On Jan 20
Biglittlelois:
Your solution is bone marrow transplant, do you have the financial capability for bone marrow transplant when you birth a child with SS? Because you will surely have one or two, so do you have the financial capability to travel out of the country to do a bone marrow transplant for your SS kid? Are you willing to risk it? Because that child may not even survive the operation, can you live with yourself after the expenses and loss knowing you consciously and delibrately let it happen?

My honest advice for you is do not get married, you will find love again with a compatible partner, for your own good.

My cousin's wife did that Bone Marrow transplant... She was fine at first after the procedure, but she eventually died. She was in her 40s. They had been managing her crisis for years before they eventually decided to do the transplant. Sad story.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ericmor: 7:30pm On Jan 20
Diligence:
1. Pls: any1 reading this, don't continue with AS AS
2. I still HV the mental pix of this girl (very beautiful & brilliant & articulate)... Visited/did Christian follow-up after sometime, behold she's somewhat shrinking, they said it's sickle cell. Another enquiry, she was gone! A teenager. Who else want to lose a child?
3. A brother insisted he's in love & must go ahead to marry this lady. He did. But after sometime (months) she passed on; they said it's sickle cell anaemia
4. Experience 1: Tested Blood Group A Genotype AA (Crystal Estate/Amuwo-Odofin/Festac)
Experience 2: I's given a result AS (Orile-Iganmu)
Experience 3: Result: A AA (Ikoyi)
Experience 4: Result: A AA (V.I)
5. Abeg confirm over & over again! No mistakes abeg-o-o!

My late friend died because of this issue but he lost his brother before he passed away ontop the same issue all because the parent refused to do the right thing
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by joinnow: 7:30pm On Jan 20
Kinghenry1315:
There are 2 types of As if you like disagree with me am talking from experience one is a carrier and one is not I have seen As married As and they have 5 children non of them is Ss the children are Aa and As in that other not one family but multiple you can risk it if you have liver but know that you won't have many children what you will do is you will test the child blood group in the womb that what my inlaw did because he is a doctor he is living happily with his wife now if you don't have the money for test just risk it life itself is a risk

Tah- deh...
For every 4 kids one must must be a sickler and advising him to start testing child blood in womb cry what of if the results is SS so they with abort it. God is watching
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Benjaminy: 7:32pm On Jan 20
Is it not Nigerian labs that will be so careless. I was rested as O positive a long time ago, and I was flying with that, till one day in the University when a brother in my fellowship CASOR was sick and needed blood urgently. I and another brother rushed to the hospital to donate the blood, but they insisted on confirming first. Behold, I was B positive. If not that another brother followed me, who now donated cos his was compatible, we might have just lost our brother

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Biglittlelois(f): 7:34pm On Jan 20
kay29000:

My cousin's wife did that Bone Marrow transplant... She was fine at first after the procedure, but she eventually died. She was in her 40s. They had been managing her crisis for years before they eventually decided to do the transplant. Sad story.

So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Omoapena(m): 7:37pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....

There are other options, but I'm not sure if you're comfortable going down that path since it involves emotions. There's a test that can determine the genotype of the unborn baby as early as 2 months into the pregnancy. If it turns out to be SS, you may be advised to consider terminating the pregnancy, which could be risky and may not align with your personal beliefs..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Benjaminy: 7:39pm On Jan 20
Can both of you afford adoption and forget about having babies? Love can do it.

But if you both might be tempted to have babies after marriage, call it off.
Forget about any bone marrow transplant etc.

But pls pls pls, both of you should not bring any child into this world to suffer as SS. That's wickedness. That's murder. It's not love!
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by kay29000(m): 7:39pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
Your looking in the wrong place bro

You're right bro... Dr. Bruce Lipton was like the girl you're arguing with too, rigid, believing science can't change... Till he discovered epigenetics... the study of how your behaviors and environment can cause changes that affect the way your genes work.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by maasoap(m): 7:43pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life. So do a third party check up

Fabuu grin grin grin
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by maasoap(m): 7:46pm On Jan 20
kay29000:

Was it as a result of complications from the procedure or Sickle cells complications itself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Men Must Zip Up. / She Is Madly In Love With Me But She Has A Daughter. Pls Advice / 5 Factors To Consider Before Starting An Office Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.