Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,668 members, 7,813,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS (28138 Views)

Lady Cries Uncontrollably After Genotype Ended Her 3 Years Relationship(vid,pix) / Is She Testing My Love For Her Or She's Just Wasting My Time? / I Need A Matured Lady With Genotype AA For Marriage Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by TheSociopath(m): 7:47pm On Jan 20
Marry her. Anytime she is pregnant, you'll do a test to see if the baby is SS. If yes, you'll abort it and try to conceive again
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by maasoap(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20
joinnow:

Tah- deh...
For every 4 kids one must must be a sickler

No, you're wrong! All, three, two or one could be sickler and none could be sickler. Each pregnancy is about probability, not all the four pregnancies combined together. There is nothing like "must".

and advising him to start testing child blood in womb cry what of if the results is SS so they with abort it. God is watching
Abortion is about what your belief is, nothing more
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by extol1(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20
GOFRONT:
Can anybody confirm for me if Moses Bliss ran a genotype test with his girlfriend before showcasing their engagement on our Social media pages??
What makes me angry was the fact that he was kneeling down to propose to a woman
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Duru009(m): 7:53pm On Jan 20
If you go AHEAD and marry that lady knowing fully well the situation NOW. You will certainly leave your life in DEPRESSION......

#don't try it !!
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by kay29000(m): 7:59pm On Jan 20
maasoap:

Was it as a result of complications from the procedure or Sickle cells complications itself?

Complications from the procedure.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by pikechukwu6(m): 8:08pm On Jan 20
She contacted AS from another man... Ask her questions my brother. She done cross road shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by joinnow: 8:11pm On Jan 20
maasoap:

No, you're wrong! All, three, two or one could be sickler and none could be sickler. Each pregnancy is about probability, not all the four pregnancies combined together. There is nothing like "must".

Abortion is about what your belief is, nothing more

If the two of them are AS then the possibility that they will give birth to a child with AA is 25% and the possibility of them giving birth to children with AS is also 50% and then the SS is 25%

We're done talking about this.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Udoboss(m): 8:15pm On Jan 20
There's a way out medically, but it's way expensive... It filters out the genetically compromised cells before the child is born.

If you don't have the money... please abort the mission.

Because when the wahala starts...love will dry.

But it's still probability...your children might be all SS , and it can happen that none has .Those crosses are accurate in case of multiple births, like animals that give birth to 10 at a go.

But for humans, we give bith one at a time which makes it very risky as you don't the result

So, it's not worth the risk
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by HolySteph(f): 8:18pm On Jan 20
Biglittlelois:
Your solution is bone marrow transplant, do you have the financial capability for bone marrow transplant when you birth a child with SS? Because you will surely have one or two, so do you have the financial capability to travel out of the country to do a bone marrow transplant for your SS kid? Are you willing to risk it? Because that child may not even survive the operation, can you live with yourself after the expenses and loss knowing you consciously and delibrately let it happen?

My honest advice for you is do not get married, you will find love again with a compatible partner, for your own good.
Is it possible to have a lucky AS child out of AS + AS?
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by HolySteph(f): 8:22pm On Jan 20
TheSociopath:
Marry her. Anytime she is pregnant, you'll do a test to see if the baby is SS. If yes, you'll abort it and try to conceive again
Hm.. never heard of this medical procedure before. Please how do they do it? 🙏
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by akube34: 8:23pm On Jan 20
BondRiv:

UN observer, don't bring any child to this world to suffer because of your selfishness and wilful ignorance.

It is also a cause for concern that you guys are many. The government has to carry out massive orientation.
cow. Wetin concern you. If I bring na your problem?
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by maasoap(m): 8:25pm On Jan 20
joinnow:

If the two of them are AS then the possibility that they will give birth to a child with AA is 25% and the possibility of them giving birth to children with AS is also 50% and then the SS is 25%

We're done talking about this.
And that 50%(2/4 = 1/2), 25%(1/4) and 25%(1/4) are all possibility (probability) for each pregnancy. Nothing like "must".
I have seen a couple having four children with two SS and another couple having four children with all the four children being SS.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by maasoap(m): 8:26pm On Jan 20
kay29000:

Complications from the procedure.

My sympathy

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Biglittlelois(f): 8:27pm On Jan 20
HolySteph:

Is it possible to have a lucky AS child out of AS + AS?

Of course it's possible, one can also have AA child too, SS is sadly the problem.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by govmentson(m): 8:27pm On Jan 20
Did she take the Covid vaccine?
This same thing happened to someone close to me
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Fantazy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 20
This genotype of a thing sef do spoil a lot of plans and causes a lot of heartbreaks!
But if I may ask, I know that over 50% of people don’t do genotype tests, they get in together, bear healthy children and live happily till death parts them,
Does it mean that they all have compatible genotype?
I want to know , cos until recently I have never heard about this genotype test of a thing in where I grew up and a lot of people are living happily with healthy children.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by descartes400: 8:33pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
I saw the test result. She showed me

Maybe her mother cheated and went to fake the result

or

Someone else's result was given her
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by sleekman(m): 8:34pm On Jan 20
zed7:
Genotype doesn't change, it's always a case of wrong diagnosis either because the scientist is an amateur or faulty equipment.

As for the new genotype, abort mission immediately. I'm glad you already know that. All alternatives available are costly and invasive. Better abort mission now.

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by mvem(m): 8:36pm On Jan 20
Edoblakky:
It's a shame that we Africans are still living in the stone age. In many countries of the world, they don't even check for genotype. Why? If they give birth to children that are SS, they carry out bone marrow treatment which cures the children and they grow up healthy with no concern. But because our rulers are criminals, they do not think in that direction and our universities are not even doing research to solve problems peculiar to us. This problem has been solved since but because we live in the past, we still see it as a huge problem
ignorant talk....only Africans have the SS and AS genotype....it is not an Oyibo problem

Try do some research
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by mvem(m): 8:37pm On Jan 20
Kingray10:
She lied to you about the first result.
you guyz talk foolishly

I have seen many cases where lab results differs and it is totally normal...lab result can be wrong that's why you are told to do 2-3 test in different centers/hospitals
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by mvem(m): 8:38pm On Jan 20
OKOATA:
The way you carry this matter for head he be like you won marry AS or you don marry one. I pity you so much, dey form scientist and stubbornness ontop what's not.
there is nothing wrong with an AS person...the system and every other thing is totally normal
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Elidrisy20: 8:38pm On Jan 20
I don't believe that bullshit
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by mvem(m): 8:40pm On Jan 20
Larrycool1234:
No Doubt the first result was fake ...... Abeg wetin I know sef
not fake but inaccurate

There are many atimes you have an inaccurate genotype result and it is fairly common
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by mvem(m): 8:40pm On Jan 20
Machinegun91:
Women are manipulative in nature

Be careful with her before she change your own genotype
you go school at all ?
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by greggng: 8:42pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....

Relying on genotype test done while one is a child can be misleading ...Another factor is the quality of the lab ...this is a function of the physical structure and the personnel...I had a personal experience when I went for my nysc ....The identity card given to us carries our blood group ...Before going I visited a popular lab in ikeja to do both genotype and blood group ..They made a mistake in my blood group ...They gave me 0+...and i gave it to the authorities ...After our orientation I became sick and decided to visit a hospital in lagos ...a sample of my blood was taken and my sister requested the run a test of my genotype and blood group ...To my greatest surprise the result came out to be A+....I was treated for typhoid and malaria .....I told my sister that I am confuse...so I decided each time that I have typhoid...I.most conduct same test again ...I visited 3 different hospitals and the result is A+....The carelessness of that big lab could ve caused me my life ...Nothing is certain in Nigeria....still run many test on your fiacee ...if the result still remains AS ...kindly move on with your life cos I wo t help you to be nursing a sick child for life.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by mvem(m): 8:42pm On Jan 20
goodyvin02:
Well, I’m in the same predicament was born AA, all my siblings are AA but as I ran the test again as an adult na AS I Dey see, done the test up to three times in different labs and it’s still saying AS…..

Now my mom and Dad are both AA, my genotype at birth says AA, so what changed, doctors in the house
if it is proven beyond doubt that your parents are AA and you are AS then likely your Dad is not your Dad
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by justmondris: 8:46pm On Jan 20
sleek214:
Your fiancee didn't test AA when she was young, she assumed she was AA.

Maybe she deliberately lied to you in order not to lose the financial support she was getting from you. Like my ask you the following questions:

1 Did she tell you she was AA after you told her your genotype or before?
2: What prompted her to retake it when she has done it before? Maybe she decided to do it now because it's time to dump you for another guy.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by berrystunn(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....

95% lab in Nigeria is fake.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by miazadavid(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20
There is an advanced technology in assisted reproduction like IVF called pre-implantation diagnosis. The genotype of the embryo will be tested, before it will be transfered into the woman's womb, it doesn't involve termination of pregnancy, if the embryo is SS, they will just switch to another embryo
For now it is expensive and few facilities do it in Nigeria
There's hope for those with AS genotype
And there is also early detection of fetal genotype via use of the maternal blood, the disadvantage of this is that's the pregnancy will be terminated if it is positive for SS genotype
If you have the money, it's possible for the both of you to have a healthy family
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by flyingdutchman(m): 9:06pm On Jan 20
Happened to my wife and I. Obviously, we went ahead to get married and have three kids. Turns out that long ago, the methodology for testing is slightly different from now. Well, our age and youthfulness and I guess faith made it possible for us to have no SS kid.

Furthermore, we considered CVS and Amniocentesis to test the genotype of the foetus, and also Pre-Implantation Genetic Testing via IVF to to have kids.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by amnesty7: 9:10pm On Jan 20
ProtonX:
OP, Sorry to hear about your predicament.
There were several genotype testing errors years ago in Nigeria. I for one was tested AA for my admission into uni. AA for NYSC.
This was in the late 90s and early 2000s. I ended up being AS when my GP tested my genotype. I didn't believe but I had two separate tests done in Lekki and Jabi the following year and I was still AS. At the time I had already married my wife who I knew was AS from the start so you can imagine the situation we were in.

It is not a death sentence if you have the means. We employed the services of a Geneticist and we were given about 4 options. We eventually chose pre genetic testing (IVF) and we have a set of twins and a 3rd child. And they are all AA.

If you don't have the means, unfortunately, you don't want to gamble with the lives of your future children and family. It is a painful journey bringing an SS or SC child into the world. I have met a couple of people who were lucky because of inaccurate genotype results. They have no SS kids. But the decisions are yours to make.
Great comment, Sir.
May I contact you via email please?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Abee79(m): 9:15pm On Jan 20
Some hospitals actually do mistakes in these tests. The methodology and technology of doing these tests has improved over time too, reducing possibilities of human errors.

Although the post is about genotype, permit me to share my blood group experience.

When I was younger, I was told my blood group was B+ and I carried that information for many years, filling it in many forms. A few years ago when I was about to donate blood to someone in need, I was shocked to realize that my real blood group was B -. It was a big shock to me 😲

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Here Are 5 Places You Can Touch To Make Your Man Scream With Pleasure. / I Want To Date My Best Friend's Ex Girlfriend. Is It Proper? / Two Friends Bust Married Nigerian Man Playing Them In U.k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.