Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS (28135 Views)

Lady Cries Uncontrollably After Genotype Ended Her 3 Years Relationship(vid,pix) / Is She Testing My Love For Her Or She's Just Wasting My Time? / I Need A Matured Lady With Genotype AA For Marriage Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by efembaba(m): 4:11pm On Jan 19
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by EreluRoz: 4:19pm On Jan 19
The one she did when she was young was definitely wrong, she's AS since two test results from different lab have confirmed it.

Eiya another man will now take over your labour, same way you'll move on with another woman.

Don't ever make that mistake of going ahead, you may want to try out more test.

190 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ebexofficial: 4:24pm On Jan 19
She planned it.

Dear Women

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by efembaba(m): 4:31pm On Jan 19
NO SHE DIDN'T!!
ebexofficial:
She planned it.

Dear Women

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by muyico(m): 4:52pm On Jan 19
d first one is fake result genetic doesn't change no change in genotype

32 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by sleek214(m): 5:10pm On Jan 19
Your fiancee didn't test AA when she was young, she assumed she was AA.

226 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Zxcvbnmghtr: 5:13pm On Jan 19
sleek214:

EXACTLY!

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by sleek214(m): 5:28pm On Jan 19
Your fiancee didn't test AA when she was young, she assumed she was Maybe because most of her family members are AA

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by efembaba(m): 5:32pm On Jan 19
I saw the test result. She showed me
sleek214:

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dzzzz: 5:46pm On Jan 19
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dzzzz: 5:47pm On Jan 19
muyico:
d first one is fake result
genetic doesn't change
no change in genotype
..Bro or lady it does change but it’s rare..Read book well

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by zed7: 5:54pm On Jan 19
Genotype doesn't change, it's always a case of wrong diagnosis either because the scientist is an amateur or faulty equipment.

As for the new genotype, abort mission immediately. I'm glad you already know that. All alternatives available are costly and invasive. Better abort mission now.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by akube34: 6:07pm On Jan 19
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....
we many wey Dey your shoe bro, I have been thinking my next step for almost a year now cus d thought of losing her kills me. I have made research and there are ways, however, they are really emotional and traumatic. So for now, I just Dey observe

14 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Kinghenry1315: 7:07pm On Jan 19
There are 2 types of As if you like disagree with me am talking from experience one is a carrier and one is not I have seen As married As and they have 5 children non of them is Ss the children are Aa and As in that other not one family but multiple you can risk it if you have liver but know that you won't have many children what you will do is you will test the child blood group in the womb that what my inlaw did because he is a doctor he is living happily with his wife now if you don't have the money for test just risk it life itself is a risk

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by GOFRONT(m): 7:40pm On Jan 19
Can anybody confirm for me if Moses Bliss ran a genotype test with his girlfriend before showcasing their engagement on our Social media pages??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Biglittlelois(f): 7:41pm On Jan 19
ebexofficial:
She planned it.

Dear Women

What is wrong with you?

9 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Biglittlelois(f): 7:47pm On Jan 19
Your solution is bone marrow transplant, do you have the financial capability for bone marrow transplant when you birth a child with SS? Because you will surely have one or two, so do you have the financial capability to travel out of the country to do a bone marrow transplant for your SS kid? Are you willing to risk it? Because that child may not even survive the operation, can you live with yourself after the expenses and loss knowing you consciously and delibrately let it happen?

My honest advice for you is do not get married, you will find love again with a compatible partner, for your own good.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Biglittlelois(f): 7:50pm On Jan 19
efembaba:
I saw the test result. She showed me

Sorry to say this but are you sure it wasn't forged?

18 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Biglittlelois(f): 7:51pm On Jan 19
Dzzzz:
..Bro or lady it does change but it’s rare..Read book well

You should read multiple books instead

Genotype doesn't change.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:54pm On Jan 19
Kinghenry1315:
There are 2 types of As if you like disagree with me am talking from experience one is a carrier and one is not I have seen As married As and they have 5 children non of them is Ss the children are Aa and As in that other not one family but multiple you can risk it if you have liver but know that you won't have many children what you will do is you will test the child blood group in the womb that what my inlaw did because he is a doctor he is living happily with his wife now if you don't have the money for test just risk it life itself is a risk

Men risking when you don't have money is suicidal, the kids that will have it will hate you for life

13 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by efembaba(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19
ok thanks
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by efembaba(m): 8:35pm On Jan 19
Hmmm. So what option do you think you might end up going with?
akube34:
we many wey Dey your shoe bro, I have been thinking my next step for almost a year now cus d thought of losing her kills me. I have made research and there are ways, however, they are really emotional and traumatic. So for now, I just Dey observe
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by efembaba(m): 8:38pm On Jan 19
Kai. I'm sure it wasn't forged. Why would she forge a test result?

Biglittlelois:

Sorry to say this but are you sure it wasn't forged?

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by efembaba(m): 8:39pm On Jan 19
What ways have you found out in your research please?

akube34:
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Nonexisting1: 8:45pm On Jan 19
Abort mission now or get married and find out the hard way. Either way, it will still end in pain for you but for real niggas, pussy come pussy go, dick still stands gallantly.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by searchng4love: 8:46pm On Jan 19
zed7:

Genotype doesn't change, it's always a case of wrong diagnosis either because the scientist is an amateur or faulty equipment

As for the new genotype, abort mission immediately. I'm glad you already know that. All alternatives available are costly and invasive. Better abort mission now.

Kip quayet

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dzzzz: 8:52pm On Jan 19
Biglittlelois:

You should read multiple books instead

Genotype doesn't change.
...You don’t know anything about science..If you read well and not focus on olosho and beer parlor arguments you will know that in science thing do change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Nonexisting1: 8:54pm On Jan 19
Dzzzz:
...You don’t know anything about science..If you read well and not focus on olosho and beer parlor arguments you will know that in science thing do change.
Fatality. Is she your ex?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Biglittlelois(f): 8:55pm On Jan 19
Dzzzz:

I'll ignore the subtle jab

Genotype is same as your DNA, it cannot change.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ProtonX: 8:56pm On Jan 19
OP, Sorry to hear about your predicament.
There were several genotype testing errors years ago in Nigeria. I for one was tested AA for my admission into uni. AA for NYSC.
This was in the late 90s and early 2000s. I ended up being AS when my GP tested my genotype. I didn't believe but I had two separate tests done in Lekki and Jabi the following year and I was still AS. At the time I had already married my wife who I knew was AS from the start so you can imagine the situation we were in.

It is not a death sentence if you have the means. We employed the services of a Geneticist and we were given about 4 options. We eventually chose pre genetic testing (IVF) and we have a set of twins and a 3rd child. And they are all AA.

If you don't have the means, unfortunately, you don't want to gamble with the lives of your future children and family. It is a painful journey bringing an SS or SC child into the world. I have met a couple of people who were lucky because of inaccurate genotype results. They have no SS kids. But the decisions are yours to make.

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dzzzz: 9:05pm On Jan 19
Biglittlelois:

Believe me, you are suffering from mental deficit,

Genotype is same as your DNA, it cannot change.
..Your a slowpoke my friend that’s why I said you should read cause due to mutations now DNA can change..Your still in 1956..

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Dzzzz: 9:06pm On Jan 19
Nonexisting1:
Fatality. Is she your ex?
Nope she ain’t but the day you kissed her she just sucked me off

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Tips To Keep A Woman's Attention / Here Are 5 Places You Can Touch To Make Your Man Scream With Pleasure. / Best Thread Ever!!! Big Booty African Women Of Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.