Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Yoruba Women (and dating) - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yoruba Women (and dating) (37856 Views)

Yoruba Women And Their Love For Igbo Men / Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? / Are SS & Igbo Women More Beautiful Than Yoruba Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by MrsChima1(f): 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2011
DaDoctorless

Let it go.  You are becoming delusional now.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2011
Sneeze
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by Tosinville(m): 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2011
dis one wey be say jaybee don dey wipe convo again now, hmm! am off.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by coogar: 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2011
Da Doctor:

YOU KNOW ABOUT NIGERIANS ON NL? MIND U NL WILL PAINT BLACK TO BE WHITE FOR YOU. ONLY A FEW SINCERE POSTS EXIST HERE. LET YOUR EXPERIENCE TEACH ABOUT NAIJA NOT NL.
I COME ON BOARD ,DEAL MY POST AND LEAVE YOU TO PONDER.
THE FUTURE WILL TEACH U AND INFORM YOU MORE.

know about nigerians on nl, how? i will probably sell you for 12 pieces of silver in that lagos state.
what makes you think i don't travel to nigeria to see things for myself? you just sat down and you concluded my opinion is based on what i read here?

maybe this is the same way you think yoruba women are posion. no facts, no research, no statistics.
da doctor? what kind of doctorate degree do you hold? my educated guess would be - herbal doctor! grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by daytona500(m): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
Igbo women are worse than the yoruba. Every hotel in Lagos,Port-harcourt, Kano and in the east are mostly full of Igo women. No wonder my high school teacher Mr.Obi married Omotunde because he himself could not stand the atrocities of igbo women. They are asewo. Love money more than they love their bodies. They are like dogs, no dignity.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by MrsChima1(f): 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2011
Money talks, bullshit walks.

You can't tell a starving dog to walk by faith.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by daytona500(m): 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2011
Doctor where you dey? The truth is too much for you. Finish what you started. You complain about the yoruba women,yet you live most of your live in Lagos.Oh, I forgot;you did not have the gut to stand your own people in the east because they are nothing but asewo. They have no regard for humanity but money.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by daytona500(m): 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
Since the Doctor is off duty as usual in Nigeia. I think I will resume back at work when he is back.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by MrsChima1(f): 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
I am not denouncing prostitution rate in various tribes but why are Yoruba men marrying Igbo women in droves? 

Prostitution is attractive to them?   
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by coogar: 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I am not denouncing prostitution rate in various tribes but why are Yoruba men marrying Igbo women in droves? 

Prostitution is attractive to them?   

yoruba men are the most attractive in nigeria(according to the nigerian ladies). they have got the "swag" and they are sweet talkers. an average igbo man cannot woo a woman without mentioning money. an average igbo man sees a woman as a commodity or like a family pet. "marry me and i will take care of you - i will spend money on you and blah blah blah". a trend the educated igbo ladies are beginning to frown at!

if you see any igbo man who can "sweet talk", he was probably raised in a yoruba city and he's learnt the art of wooing a woman without making her look like she's poverty stricken with the "i will spoil you with money" rants. on top of this all, most igbo boys cannot afford to date their women because of the exorbitant bride price. an average igbo man marries at 40 - as he cannot afford to marry until he's saved a lot to fund the acquisition of his bride.

there are other reasons but i cannot be arsed right now.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by silibaba: 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2011
99 percent of yoruba guys are unfaithful. angry angry
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by daytona500(m): 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2011
Inter-cultural marriage is common in Nigeria. I know of a few Ibo men who are married to yoruba women. Also are marriages between Hausa men and yoruba women. So to say that yoruba women are the worst in Nigeria is a pure lie. If I were to choose,it will definitely be yoruba. In every tribe,there are a few people who make it look bad for others. So please yoruba is not worse that Igbo o Hausa.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2011
Yea yea yea. Attractive amen
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by freecocoa(f): 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2011
daytona500:

Igbo women are worse than the yoruba. Every hotel in Lagos,Port-harcourt, Kano and in the east are mostly full of Igo women. No wonder my high school teacher Mr.Obi married Omotunde because he himself could not stand the atrocities of igbo women. They are asewo. Love money more than they love their bodies. They are like dogs, no dignity.
see this tribalistic fellow o, you are talking trash,so promiscuity is now restricted to the igbo woman alone?go to the north and see those mallo chicks do 4 rounds under that their hijab,mscheww.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by silibaba: 6:26pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by MrsChima1(f): 6:28pm On Nov 22, 2011
Someone mentioned Igbo women are the biggest hoes in Nigeria and I had to asked why Yoruba men marrying Igbo women if they are the biggest hoes.  

From what I have gathered on Nairaland, Nigerian men looks down on prostitution but yet marrying former and current LovePeddlers.   undecided

Whether Yoruba men "swagging" or not, it still doesn't untangle "brothel brides" bullshit.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by daytona500(m): 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2011
If 99 percent of yorubas are unfaithful, that means you had dealt with almost 40 million people which is not possible.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by publisher(m): 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2011
[size=15pt]I dont think Yoruba women are exclusive daters i.e prefering only Yoruba men.
As a matter of fact,i dare say that Yoruba women tend to be attracted to 'polished' igbo and non-Yoruba guys. The only sad truth is that such marriages  hardly last,either due to cultural complications or the fact that married Yoruba women are still addicted to owambes and social functions. Igbo men tend not to like it when their wives want to attend every owambe party or social gathering they are invited to. cool

Yoruba men on the other hand are cool with owambes (home & abroad),unfortunately,these setting constitutes breeding grounds for infidelity,thus the high rate of divorce amongst Yoruba couples [/size]
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by kelz88(f): 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2011
OMG!! I'm so shocked. So you guys wanna carry on as your stupid parents did, hating on other tribes.

Clap for yourselves. Your folks must be so proud of you. And you will pass on this stup!d mentality to your children.

And you slam Naija for not progressing. Shame on you tribalistic goats.

SMH!!

No crime or immorality is linked to one tribe. Use your fish brains.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by coogar: 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2011
publisher:

I dont think Yoruba women are exclusive daters i.e prefering only Yoruba men.
As a matter of fact,i dare say that Yoruba women tend to be attracted to 'polished' igbo and non-Yoruba guys. The only sad truth is that such marriages  hardly last,either due to cultural complications or the fact that married Yoruba women are still addicted to owambes and social functions. Igbo men tend not to like it when their wives want to attend every owambe party or social gathering they are invited to. cool

Yoruba men on the other hand are cool with owambes (home & abroad),unfortunately,these setting constitutes breeding grounds for infidelity,thus the high rate of divorce amongst Yoruba couples

so igbo people don't organize parties? christ!
i can actually boast i have been to more igbo parties than yorubas. people generalize because most users of nairaland in nigeria are based in lagos(a yoruba state) and any party(be it igbo, hausa, edo, etc) are thought to be organized by yoruba people.

daytona500:

Inter-cultural marriage is common in Nigeria. I know of a few Ibo men who are married to yoruba women. Also are marriages between Hausa men and yoruba women. So to say that yoruba women are the worst in Nigeria is a pure lie. If I were to choose,it will definitely be yoruba. In every tribe,there are a few people who make it look bad for others. So please yoruba is not worse that Igbo o Hausa.

in the subject of promiscuity, there's no best/worst in nigeria. they all do the ish in equal proportions.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by daytona500(m): 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2011
Mrs Chima. I am just pointing out what i have witnessed. Most hotels are full of Ibos, I am not saying that Igbos are hoes. Please do not twist my words.

As per yoruba men marrying Ibo women, that shows you that yoruba do not care about ethnicity when it comes to marriages unlike your igbo brothers. Yoruba men marry outside their tribes more than other tribes because our cultures tolorate others unlike your cultures which is so strict.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by MrsChima1(f): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2011
daytona500:

Mrs Chima. I am just pointing out what i have witnessed. Most hotels are full of Ibos, I am not saying that Igbos are hoes. Please do not twist my words.

As per yoruba men marrying Ibo women, that shows you that yoruba do not care about ethnicity when it comes to marriages unlike your igbo brothers. Yoruba men marry outside their tribes more than other tribes because our cultures tolorate others unlike your cultures which is so strict.

I am sorry, did I mentioned your name?     However, I get your point about Yoruba men marrying outside of their tribe but that wasn't my gist.  My gist was referring to the inconsistencies with many of the comments on this thread. 

People are speaking against prostitution but yet men are marrying former or current LovePeddlers.   Yoruba men and women can marry and date whomever they chooses to I was pointing out the contradictions regarding prostitution.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by publisher(m): 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
coogar:

so igbo people don't organize parties? christ!
i can actually boast i have been to more igbo parties than yorubas. people generalize because most users of nairaland in nigeria are based in lagos(a yoruba state) and any party(be it igbo, hausa, edo, etc) are thought to be organized by yoruba people.

in the subject of promiscuity, there's no best/worst in nigeria. they all do the ish in equal proportions.

[size=15pt]My dear 'ceremonies' are different from 'owambes'!!![/size]
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by coogar: 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
daytona500:

civilization started in lagos.
the yorubas shunned tribalism when the other parts of nigeria are still engrossed in it. yoruba women were marrying igbo men freely when most igbo parents won't let their daughters marry yoruba men because of the wounds of biafra.

thankfully, the igbos are getting there little by little.

publisher:

[size=15pt]My dear 'ceremonies' are different from 'owambes'!!![/size]

in lagos, it's the same technically.

those owambes aren't just parties. they are naming ceremonies, burial ceremonies, etc that got overdoped with excessive food, drinks, live band and so on and so forth! yorubas love to party. they worked hard for their money and if they decide to squander it the way they want - whose business?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
Kids whining to feel good inside, how pathetic.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by freecocoa(f): 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2011
@Daytona50,its like you are high and you seem to forget what you write,are you not the one who wrote that igbo women are mostly found in hotels,something about your high school teacher marrying a yoruba woman cos he couldn't stand the igbo women's atrocities,and that igbo women are like dogs with no dignity,so how did mrs chima twist your words?
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by daytona500(m): 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
And Mrs Chima. It is not the same bullshit on a different day.American wanna be.Each day brings it own clues we just have to be able to see beyond our nose. Some people on nairaland like Doctor like to start rubbish but when get the taste of their medicines,They run away. I am very sorry if I have offended anyone. I just can't take it when one is not being truthful. I love my Igbos just like I love my yorubas and other tribes. let us all unite for the betterness of the greatest Nigeria. Americans unite,now they are super power.Please let us do the same thing.Afterall Americans are not perfect themselves.
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by anonymous6(f): 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2011
publisher:

[size=15pt]I dont think Yoruba women are exclusive daters i.e prefering only Yoruba men.

Yoruba men on the other hand are cool with owambes (home & abroad),unfortunately,these setting constitutes breeding grounds for infidelity,thus the high rate of divorce amongst Yoruba couples [/size]

maybe attraction but to just igbo guys I disagree; primarily it is Yoruba men that are their preference but after that it is Edo or Bini men not so much igbo men. I don't see Yoruba women & igbo men connect to each other in that level very much regardless of level or status. I would like to also add, Yoruba's love social gatherings and parties, they love to live life, so I see nothing wrong with social gathering. Now I am not saying Yoruba's go to every party in every block of Lagos but in general we love to live life and enjoy life. It is how Yoruba's connect to each other as a tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by ronkebp(f): 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2011
Delta and Edo guys are the most handsome guys in Naija, and that is from my own observation, they are the cutest and sweetest, they know how to make a lady feel hmmmmmmmmm (leave blank), so>>>>. i would go for them anytime or day,

Yoruba guys are not that bad, at least all the yoruba guys i dated are lovely too and handsome.

Ibo guys, for where?? i am not always attracted to them, i don't know why>>>>

Hausas' are good spenders, they know how to spend for that babe ooooo, gba!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by anonymous6(f): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2011
ronkebp:

Delta and Edo guys are the most handsome guys in Naija, and that is from my own observation, they are the cutest and sweetest, they know how to make a lady feel hmmmmmmmmm (leave blank), so>>>>. i would go for them anytime or day,

Yoruba guys are not that bad, at least all the yoruba guys i dated are lovely too and handsome.

Ibo guys, for where?? i am not always attracted to them, i don't know why>>>>

Hausas' are good spenders, they know how to spend for that babe ooooo, gba!!!!!

what you said is the observation I see when it comes to most yoruba women; after yoruba men they tend to have a preference for Edo & Hausa guys

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by ronkebp(f): 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^^^^^^^^ you are right!!!!
Re: Yoruba Women (and dating) by Tosinville(m): 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2011
coogar:
Quote from: Mrs, Chima on
Today at 06:09:19 PM

I am not denouncing
prostitution rate in various
tribes but why are Yoruba men
marrying Igbo women in
droves?

Prostitution is attractive to
them?
yoruba men are the most
attractive in nigeria(according
to the nigerian ladies). they
have got the "swag" and they
are sweet talkers. an average
igbo man cannot woo a woman
without mentioning money. an
average igbo man sees a
woman as a commodity or like
a family pet. "marry me and i
will take care of you - i will
spend money on you and blah
blah blah". a trend the educated
igbo ladies are beginning to
frown at!
if you see any igbo man who
can "sweet talk", he was
probably raised in a yoruba city
and he's learnt the art of
wooing a woman without
making her look like she's
poverty stricken with the "i will
spoil you with money" rants. on
top of this all, most igbo boys
cannot afford to date their
women because of the
exorbitant bride price. an
average igbo man marries at
40 - as he cannot afford to
marry until he's saved a lot to
fund the acquisition of his bride.
there are other reasons but i
cannot be arsed right now.

Gbam!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Your Boyfriend Deserves To Know Your Body Count" - Joro Olumofin To Ladies / When Your Girlfriend Becomes Envious Of You / With These Discoveries, Can I Continue With Her??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.