Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,906 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:38 AM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! (15506 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 19, 2012
This debate is evidence that we really don't have to look far to see godfatherism in action. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Jarus(m): 11:38am On Jul 19, 2012
Judge Jarus takes his pen and pad, sets his glasses, a glass of water, takes a seat on the high table, waiting for the organizer to kick-start the programme and the debaters to file out. cheesy
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by nitrogen(m): 11:45am On Jul 19, 2012
davidylan: This debate is evidence that we really don't have to look far to see godfatherism in action. grin
Lol
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:49am On Jul 19, 2012
Cuddlemii: THREAD RE-OPENED!!!!

You would be updated with the modalities today.
I am waiting on the project manager, Chrisbenogor and Judge, Oam4j to endorse and put finishing touches to it.

Check out the list of Judges on the first post. The topic of discussion has been re-written for clarity as well.

Thanks!
Alright replied the email with 80% of the work done the rest is up to you, cool it down guys hehehehehe.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:50am On Jul 19, 2012
davidylan: This debate is evidence that we really don't have to look far to see godfatherism in action. grin
This one you dey talk like this be like you don arrange hidden camera like otedola. Abi you nor be God father again? grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by coogar: 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2012
nigerians and their uncanny ability to tie themselves up in tortuous knots.
i won't be surprised if this debate kicks off in december at this rate, it would
drag and drag until the interested partys lose the appetite! the use of swear
words should not be prohibited!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by maclatunji: 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
coogar: nigerians and their uncanny ability to tie themselves up in tortuous knots.
i won't be surprised if this debate kicks off in december at this rate, it would

@bolded, then don't call it a debate, just call it a brawl.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2012
debosky: I don't see how you can have a good debate with so many participants at the same time - are you planning to ask a question and get all the debaters to respond one after the other?

I'd like to participate but would like to better understand what is proposed and what the ground rules are - e.g. are you allowed to use words like cretin and mooron? cheesy cheesy

How long are the posts allowed to be? It would be good to set a limit, else the more verbose debaters will write mind boggling epistles that no one will be bothered to read. Is quoting permitted on rebuttal?

Sorry for the jumbled up response and for repeating issues others may have already mentioned.

Thank you for responding.
The most important thing is the rules of engagement! That would be communicated today!
We are working around it to perfect it before representing it on here, bear with us.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2012
coogar: nigerians and their uncanny ability to tie themselves up in tortuous knots.

I tire oh. Let the competition start, i have my dico at the ready. I am here to learn. Engrish that is. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by maclatunji: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2012
Double post.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by freecocoa(f): 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
I thought cuddlemii is the organizer,why is she debating with tunji? grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by freecocoa(f): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
maclatunji:

She made a mistake and doesn't want to acknowledge it! Freecocoa, you should tell her more about me. tongue grin
For your mind o.tongue

Anyways let's not let whatever must have happened spoil the whole thing,I'm sure its just a little misunderstanding that shouldn't be allowed to get outta hand.

Since you are no longer interested just let it go and let us all relax and enjoy the show when the time comes,although at this rate and comments from the debaters,its probably gonna take longer than anticipated to hold.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How To Pass A Failed Test- A Short Comedy Story / Soyinka Reacts To Media Distortions Of His 2014 Experience With Cancer / The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.