Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving (26627 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / Just 8 Years Out Of Power-is That Governor Nnamani? / The Nigerian Police Force Is Improving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by tonyx4x44(m): 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:
i laugh in puertorican
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
It's true. Even here in Abakpa we've had light for 21 hours every day for the past week. True story.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie: [size=14pt]How can electricity in the country have improved when

a) Transmission problems have yet to be tackled

b) Generation has fallen back down over the last couple of months. It is estimated to be about 2700MW on average per day, today.How can that be an improvement from more than 3900MW we were told of about December of last year
[/size]

na juju
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

If your goal is to rejoice that that power supply has improved(a la increase in power rations to your area at this time) in your tiny are of your state, go right ahead and do just that. However, when you want to speak of Power at the National level, at least visit the facts rather than come off sounding like another of the many empty-brains out there who feels that as long as they have electricity in their home, all is well in NIGERIA.
It would benefit us as a whole if we outgrew this selfish way of analyzing issues and the situation on ground.

Yes, blame @Kobojunkie for telling exactly what the government reveals is the case in the Power situation. Yes, @KoboJunkie is bad for reporting the facts. [size=14pt]I guess the few Nigerians who have electricity and are able to Post on Nairaland as a result are right whilst the Nigerian Government(right there in Nigeria)in charge of the power situation is wrong, and @Kobojunkie is to blame. [/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
dont get high blood pressure, power is improving at least for most parts of the nation ,whether we have really arrived or not is not the issue but this is the first time for God knows how many decades we are actually seeing improvement in the power sector that means someone is actually doing something about it, at least i have not heard the sound of generator for weeks.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
bashr8: dont get high blood pressure, power is improving at least for most parts of the nation ,whether we have really arrived or not is not the issue but this is the first time for God knows how many decades we are actually seeing improvement in the power sector that means someone is actually doing something about it, at least i have not heard the sound of generator for weeks.

What does POWER IS IMPROVING? mean? I can dig into the Nairaland archives, from as far back as 2010 to pull up threads such as this one for you. Of course people will FEEL that power is improving when they have more hours of electricity per day, however when you consider the facts, even an eejit will pause to rethink the statement that power is improving.

How can you see improvement when in fact you are being told by your Goverment that in reality there has been a decrease in power output during the same period you claim there has been an improvement? We are talking a fall or more than 1000MW in production in the last 6 months, and you are here telling me that it is an improvement, over what?

I know this is nothing but an opinion but when your opinion goes against the facts, do you cling still to it or do you look for more solid rationale, like religion for why you should cling to it?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
The following comments are from the Daily Times report in question:

Something is wrong; Power is improving

http://dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/something-wrong-power-improving

Comments:

Hassan Usman Malami · Masters STRATEGIC STUDIES NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY KADUNA
True, things are changing.PHCN is doing magic.preparing for Ramadan, i got my 40kva Gen filled up and even got another 3 twenty five ltrs extra by the side.that was 2days to Ramadan.Ten days now the 75 Lt rs are still on standby.Things can change in NIGERIA only if we have Leaders that are ready to work and we as followers are ready to FREE our leaders to work for us!
Reply · 2 · Like · Follow Post · Yesterday at 8:49am

Sokei Charles Chuka · Lagos, Nigeria
I am living witness!
Reply · 2 · Like · Follow Post · Yesterday at 9:48am

Ugomma Orji
I am a living witness too! Power outage these days don't last up to 20 mins.
Reply · Like · Yesterday at 11:55am

Chukwunonso Billfrancis Obi · Boys High School Ogbunike, Anambra State Nigeria
Here, it is a different ball game! hope the revolution gets here quick!
Reply · Like · Yesterday at 1:38pm

Abdulhakeem Ajani Yusuf · MSC College Braamfontein
Great to know. LET THERE BE LIGHT in our dear nation.

Thank you for writing, it's great to know, lets thank God and those he is using to change things around. Abdul from South Africa.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · Yesterday at 9:36am

Murtala Hassan · Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, Nigeria
Thank God.I have personally witnessed a less dan 15 min phcn failure in 24hrs.More pawa 2 their elbow.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 21 hours ago

Chinwe Nsiegbunam Nweke · University of Calabar (UNICAL)
I have expeienced it too.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 21 hours ago

Kobojunkie, GO AND REST. Your mindless doom-mongering is becoming embarrassing.

Congrats to GEJ and his able crew, including Professor Barth Nnaji and his colleagues. These are Nigerians working night and day to ensure the era of power cuts is over in the country. They are doing a great job and must be encouraged. Three Cheers!! grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by gator666: 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2012
My small country of just under 10 million people has installed generation capacity of 8355 MW, of which 34% is from hydro sources, 62% from thermal sources and the rest from other sources. And yet, we complain. Well, maybe we should stop complaining then wink
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What does POWER IS IMPROVING? mean? I can dig into the Nairaland archives, from as far back as 2010 to pull up threads such as this one for you. Of course people will FEEL that power is improving when they have more hours of electricity per day, however when you consider the facts, even an eejit will pause to rethink the statement that power is improving.
see this mumu so na u wey dey outside naija go tell us wetin dey happen , some of you need psychiatric evaluation , i know your kind ,you never see anything positive. abeg go park make better people discuss other issues.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
bashr8: see this mumu so na u wey dey outside naija go tell us wetin dey happen , some of you need psychiatric evaluation , i know your kind ,you never see anything positive. abeg go park make better people discuss other issues.

This information is freely available online for the whole world to see. Your Government put it there.So if you have a problem with location, then you are more of an eejit than I thought.

Are you certain I am the one who needs psychiatric evaluation here when you are the one DENYING THE FACTS on ground so you can push your claim one more post further? Last I checked people who live delusions rather than reality need to be checked first . . .

Again . . .
Kobojunkie:

How can you see improvement when in fact you are being told by your Goverment that in reality there has been a decrease in power output during the same period you claim there has been an improvement? We are talking a fall or more than 1000MW in production in the last 6 months, and you are here telling me that it is an improvement, over what?

I know this is nothing but an opinion but when your opinion goes against the facts, do you cling still to it or do you look for more solid rationale, like religion for why you should cling to it?

http://allafrica.com/stories/201207290208.html

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by mkmyers45(m): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
i'm sorry but not in my part of the country...do hope sincere and sustainable development is truly being put into the power sector....this said improvement has happened times without number and voila we are back to square -1....If the government's interest towards power is genuine then we need not to shout..
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ALIF07: 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
However, much have been said about power, but one thing is for sure; If power can be stable in my area with the couple of loads within my district then I have to congratulate Nigerians that better days are ahead for every other area in this country regarding power.

We now have power for minimum of 22hours/day

One Love
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This information is freely available online for the whole world to see. Your Government put it there. So if you have a problem with location, then you are more of an eejit than I thought.
Again . . .

You are posting FAKE information with no links and claiming Govt put it up. Why not show us the links? Here's what I dug up and it says output is just over 3,800MW at present NOT 2,700 like you claimed.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/power/41710-egbin-power-stations-output-hits-1100mw-ceo
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Eifeh(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
In ibadan yes, i dont know in other state oo
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
mkmyers45: i'm sorry but not in my part of the country...do hope sincere and sustainable development is truly being put into the power sector....this said improvement has happened times without number and voila we are back to square -1....If the government's interest towards power is genuine then we need not to shout..
which part of the country do you stay , are sure your transformers are working? did you try calling phcn to enquire why some places are improving while yours is still the same.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Bawss1(m): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
We've been down this road before. I was one of those who rushed to NL to rejoice over increased electricity supply to my home in 2009 only to see the situation revert to the 'status quo' a few months later. Same thing happened again in 2010.

True, my generator is not being used much these days but I'll wait and see if this actually is the new state of affairs or a trend that will hold for only a few months. Only then will I join in singing praises.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
ALIF07:
However, much have been said about power, but one thing is for sure; If power can be stable in my area with the couple of loads within my district then I have to congratulate Nigerians that better days are ahead for every other area in this country regarding power.

We now have power for minimum of 22hours/day

One Love

Now this is truly REVOLUTIONARY for Nigeria. 22hrs per day. We've not had it so good since the 1970s!!!!!!! There's no reason why we cannot eliminate power cuts in the shortest possible time. And I will personally vote PDP at the next presidential elections if this situation continues.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Ozichim(m): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
I don't know who might be angry with this but sincerely speaking I have noticed power improvement in my area too. I was asking them in the office this morning if somebody has gone on leave in PHC office. Or if something has spoiled in PHC office that made light to stay 95% ON thoughout the weekend.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This information is freely available online for the whole world to see. Your Government put it there.So if you have a problem with location, then you are more of an eejit than I thought.

Are you certain I am the one who needs psychiatric evaluation here when you are the one DENYING THE FACTS on ground so you can push your claim one more post further? Last I checked people who live delusions rather than reality need to be checked first . . .

Again . . .
go and sit down ,am sure you dont even know that most places are having pproblems not because of govt but because of hoodlums that sabotage and vandalize transformers, even telecom companies but heavy security where their mast are located. before you burst an artery or vein get it into your head that power is improving and GEJ whom you hate soo much will get lots of points from that , infact he is about to make history
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by sheyma: 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
Looks as if dey are stealing light from people dat hv constant light b4 to dos dat don't hv, cos we do enjoy light 4 like 3yrs nw but 4 d past 2month we barely calculate 7hrs of lite in a week.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
bashr8: go and sit down ,am sure you dont even know that most places are having pproblems not because of govt but because of hoodlums that sabotage and vandalize transformers, even telecom companies but heavy security where their mast are located. before you burst an artery or vein get it into your head that power is improving and GEJ whom you hate soo much will get lots of points from that , infact he is about to make history

Again . . . enough of the ramblings . . . I am posting what I claim are the facts as of yesterday. You show me evidence to counter the facts . .. not fill my head with useless babbles. . .
Kobojunkie:

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by mkmyers45(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
bashr8: which part of the country do you stay , are sure your transformers are working? did you try calling phcn to enquire why some places are improving while yours is still the same.

Sir, do you have PHCN customer care number? Mr man which kain question be this? Look Sir, yes other places are improving but there is nada here okay?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
sheyma: Looks as if dey are stealing light from people dat hv constant light b4 to dos dat don't hv, cos we do enjoy light 4 like 3yrs nw but 4 d past 2month we barely calculate 7hrs of lite in a week.

Maybe you don't live in the same Nigeria the other posters live in. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
sheyma: Looks as if dey are stealing light from people dat hv constant light b4 to dos dat don't hv, cos we do enjoy light 4 like 3yrs nw but 4 d past 2month we barely calculate 7hrs of lite in a week.

Take heart. I can assure you that at the rate we're going, power issues will be history in your area shortly.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ayox2003: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
debosky: To be fair, the BPE appears serious about its attempt to get the power industry running as demonstrated by the appointment of Manitoba Hydro to run the transmissions company (TCN) on a management contract. Being a competent power operator itself, I hope Manitoba Hydro will be able to bring its experience to bear and improve the transmission segment of the power industry.

Any country-wide improvements in power supply are usually due to either improved generation from the hydro-electric stations or improved gas supply to the generation stations. Local power supply in any area tends to fluctuate from month to month so it's not reliable to draw a conclusion from a local, momentary improvement.
You're intelligent. Best comment so far.

Frawzey
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by htajz: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
Guys am sure its a setup , in fact am afraid to leave my electronics on when going out sleeping , this is too good to be true but we are still watching . Men am chanelling diesel money to female expenses now grin
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by mkmyers45(m): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
bashr8: go and sit down ,am sure you dont even know that most places are having pproblems not because of govt but because of hoodlums that sabotage and vandalize transformers, even telecom companies but heavy security where their mast are located. before you burst an artery or vein get it into your head that power is improving and GEJ whom you hate soo much will get lots of points from that , infact he is about to make history

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...abeg make una allow me laff...O lawd is that a joke or something?

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by brabus(m): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
Power supply has improved in my area. We now have steady light 12 - 18 hours per day on the average - Sagamu, Ogun State

Kobojunkie: Are we already calling Manitoba's takeover an [b]improvement [/b]even before the day has ended? shocked

Yes, the takeover is an improvement. And I want to believe our problem is really not inadequate megawatts but the sycophants.

Kobojunkie: How can electricity in the country have improved
when

a) Transmission problems have yet to be tackled

Yes, it hasn't but there's major improvement.

Kobojunkie:
b) Generation has fallen back down over the last couple of months. It is estimated to be
about 2700MW on average per day, today. How can that be an improvement from more than 3900MW we were told of about December of last year.

Maybe our problem is not the MW generated.

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
htajz: Guys am sure its a setup , in fact am afraid to leave my electronics on when going out sleeping , this is too good to be true but we are still watching . Men am chanelling diesel money to female expenses now grin

hahahahahahahaha LOL.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Beowulf(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
@ OP! Seriously I thought I was the only one that noticed! Mine is on now for about two weeks. I don't even know what to do with the light no more. In an ironic way, I am very suspicious of this PHCN guys or whatever it is they are called these days.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again . . . enough of the ramblings . . . I am posting what I claim are the facts as of yesterday. You show me evidence to counter the facts . .. not fill my head with useless babbles. . .
imagine this imbe-cile, show you facts of power improving in my city?? are you for real?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by mkmyers45(m): 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
Rossikk:

Take heart. I can assure you that at the rate we're going, power issues will be history in your area shortly.

i am sorry but we are very very far away from that at the moment....i am sure you don't realize the mammoth task of making power issue a history...talk is cheap but putting things on ground for that is simply impossible even in 5 years...
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Cutepie1(f): 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
A drop of water makes an ocean.4 improvement we nid 2 start somewhere. @ least y cant we jst appreciate d fact 4 nw.(2 d fg)if d government nids more of ours praises den dey shuld also c 2 oda important matters.all d same d end justifies d means
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2012
brabus: Power supply has improved in my area. We now have steady light 12 - 18 hours per day on the average - Sagamu, Ogun State
Good for you that your area is now rationed more power. But you know that another area, is as a result without power, right?
brabus:
Yes, the takeover is an improvement. And I want to believe our problem is really not inadequate megawatts but the sycophants.
Well, let's not jump ahead of ourselves here. We have yet to see the RESULTS of the takeover, so I don't know what you mean when you say it is already an improvement. Manitoba starts today. So, why not take a wait to see approach here?

brabus: Yes, it hasn't but there's major improvement.
How can there be improvement when the Government has specifically informed you that there have been no improvements made in the area? Are you in the business of contradictions or something?
brabus:
Maybe our problem is not the MW generated.
That is not true. You can go so far with the limited amount we generate. Problem is both transmission and generation, and that is why Manitoba is coming in today to take over transmission.

I think you should not get into the business of SPINNING at all. When you do it in the face of facts, you can easily become just another liar. Notice that all I have done so far is quote the government's own figures. if Government says A, and you spin it to mean B, are you wiser for doing that? What do you gain in the end by doing that? These things are costing you billions of dollars, and if you are not able to account for those billions of dollars you have invested so far, what do you gain by trying to contradict the Government so you can shout praises on Nairaland?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama / See What Donald Trump Said About Biafra CNN / Soldiers Arrest Looters Of NYSC Camp Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.