Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving (26625 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / Just 8 Years Out Of Power-is That Governor Nnamani? / The Nigerian Police Force Is Improving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by agabaI23(m): 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Let us compare this person's report with this same persons report from May 24, 2010

Notice his report can easily be assumed to mean that his situation has worsened. Would this also be considered EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE . . . or does it only count when the address is positive in favour of the delusion over known NUMbERS?
It also shows that it has nothing to do with rainy season as some are saying. If there is trabsformer overload, you çan experience the later. I am talking from experience before my transformer was alleviated with a new one. Since then, it has been uhuru.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
agabaI23: It also shows that it has nothing to do with rainy season as some are saying. If there is trabsformer overload, you çan experience the later. I am talking from experience before my transformer was alleviated with a new one. Since then, it has been uhuru.

Stop trying to feed me your useless brain-farts.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Eifeh(m): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
plantation: It may have improved in Lagos. But u can try calling your mom in ur village which is also a part of Nigeria. I bet it would never go through. BATTERY LOW!!!
that is your village, in my village them have light more than the city, in nenwe, enugu state

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Ugoduru(m): 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
grin grin You better check your calendar and get ready to recieve your bill.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by logica(m): 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Haba!! It was only approved in April.
That doesn't mean they didn't already have the system ready to go. I believe Lagos had been working on power plants for quite a while now.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Litmus: 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
Actually, most we electrify the villages ? Wouldn't it be more practical to concentrate on the city's?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Sealeddeal(m): 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
Whenever u come to people's opinion,there is alot that is always considered by each of the opinionists.some1 dat usually experience 3hrs lyt in a week who recently experience 6hrs of lyt will be saying he experience improvement but some1 who normally experience 6hrs lyt bt recently started experiencing 7hrs lyt may end up saying dat lyt has got no improvement.so it depends on expectation.equally,some people are dyed-in-the wool pessimist or optimist,so they will make statement in dat regard.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
Litmus: Actually, most we electrify the villages ? Wouldn't it be more practical to concentrate on the city's?

Some of you ehn . . . you deserve to be thrown out to the lions for some of your suggestions. What do you mean concentrate on the city's? Are city people more Nigerian than those in the villages?

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by kutchs: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
What pple like kobojunkie want to see, hear, believe and accept are things like ‘Jonathan is clueless, he doesnt know how to fix the probs of Nigeria‘ ‘GEJ embezzles #23b power fund‘ ‘GEJ‘s govt is the most corrupt‘. No positive news and report of GEJ‘s govt must be believed. Am sure he is not happy hearing this wonderful testimonies from good Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by lucom: 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
Hello peeps, I live in Port Harcourt and I was just discussing with one of my colleagues some one hour ago about the tremendous improvement in availability of power in my area. I don't know what the FG is doing oo but whatever it is they are getting it right for now and can only hope they'll sustain it.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by princenonny(m): 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
ITbomb:

I had asked myself all those questions, but what I see is what I take and appreciate.
I have light 18 hours and I dont care whether Transmission problems are tackled or not. We all know the problem was not availability of power but saboteurs in the system. The saboteurs are being pushed out and they are organising protest march. but the goodnews is that the strangled power has been released to the public.
I wont mind paying the PHCN bill of 12k this month.
When NOI talks about creating 10,000 jobs and improve macro economy, I dont need to listen untill when I see my neighbor employed , then I know they have created jobs
. U are so on point. Its jst d saboteurs in the system dat is messing the power up. Nw bath nnaji hs let dem go and compensated dem, electricity hs improved
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
my own is whatever it is they are doing they should keep up with it.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
ITbomb: Brothers and sisters in Nigeria, I want to testify of a miracle I encountered this week. The water in the lower compartment of my fridge froze. Can I get a witness in the house?

BLOG | JULY 29, 2012 - 7:57AM | BY SYLVA IFEDIGBO
www.dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/something-wrong-power-improving
Congratulations sir, your testimony shall be permanent in jesus name. grin
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by tjskii(f): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
The gist is true o,I stay in ibadan and for the past month wev bin avin constant poweer supply(at least 18 hours a day)as opposed to d 1ce in three days we usd to xperince befor now,avnt bot fuel in my gen for 2wks running now
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
kutchs: What pple like kobojunkie want to see, hear, believe and accept are things like ‘Jonathan is clueless, he doesnt know how to fix the probs of Nigeria‘ ‘GEJ embezzles #23b power fund‘ ‘GEJ‘s govt is the most corrupt‘. No positive news and report of GEJ‘s govt must be believed. Am sure he is not happy hearing this wonderful testimonies from good Nigerians.

Eejit . . at least get your facts right. To this day, all I have said about the man is that he is incompetent as a leader. If you do not know the meaning of the word, please visit the dictionary for some education on what that means. I don't really use words like "clueless" as that implies that he has no idea what he is doing but I don't believe that at all cause it is clear the man knows he is sitting on the future and lives of over 150 million Nigerians.

Every single statement I make of him, I try to base on the facts. If you have a problem with my claims, all you need do is provide counter evidence for it -- and not horseshit for a rebuttal. It is really than simple. If I am responsible for Jonathan Goodluck's appalling record in office, provided evidence to directly counter my claims, or stop whinning and thinking that by attacking this internet identity of mine, you somehow win on behalf of Goodluck Jonathan and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by chucky234(m): 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2012
deshclones:

and what have you m0r0n done about it??..if e dey vex you go contest in 2015...all you do is rant behind a computer..in the comfort of your home...thats the problem with most nigerians..all they do is talk..no action..if they say everybody should come out to protest tomorrow in aso rock..nobody will come out..nobody wants to die but they all want to go to heaven..i get sick when i see people like you posting rubbish about elected officials and legislooters yet you cannot do anything about it...phoolish set of people..no wonder we have the type of govt we deserve...get out of my sight...you irritate me.
Who is this foolishly retarded clueless moronic nicompoop
Where were you when we were proteseting in January? For your information I participated heavily in the OccupyNigeria protest and was also effecient with information distribution via social media during the protest, what did you do?
Who are you to fu:cking lash me when you have not a single ball toc challenge this wasteful govt, atleast I have done my bit trying to bring to people's notice how much those legislooters are looting in the name of salaries but instead of you to utilized your time to fight for the betterment of this nation you chose to display your ignoramus nature on NL.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by hariorh: 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Fallacies. Our elders say that "A man that does not visit other peoples farms, will think that his father's farm is the biggest farmland". Now in my popci's village(itaogbolu, Akure north LGA), they have been having constant power for more than 20hours a day since the last 4 years or so. But the reverse is the case where I'm staying in ajuwon lagos. Light is a luxury here. Nearly everybody here has a generator. D surest way to get rich in d area is to own a filling station. Yet we still pay monthly bills for phcn. So poster, please get your facts right before your hasty generalizations. Kapische?

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by samfibby(m): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
Those who have refused to do their job have taking a u-turn as privatisation is looming, Everyone is trying to keep his or job or risk been fired by the new owners who are coming soon. Have u seen ur bill lately tongue
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by agabaI23(m): 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Stop trying to feed me your useless brain-farts.
You should not resort to foul language.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by PHIPEX(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
Plenty debates but all I know is that there has been great improvement in my area here in Lagos for several months now. It's being rationed and we are sure of getting light for atleast 20hrs in a day every 5 days of the week. I know there is usually improvements during rainy seasons but ours is a bit different because is been so since around February this year. I pray it gets better in months to come.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
agabaI23: You should not resort to foul language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_fart

A brain fart (may be jocularly derived from "brain infarction"wink[1] is slang for a special kind of abnormal brain activity which results in human error while performing a repetitive task,[2][3] or more generally denoting a degree of mental laxity or any task-related forgetfulness, such as forgetting how to hold a fork. Tom Eichele, a neuroscientist at the University of Bergen in Norway, was part of an international team of researchers who identified activity detectable in brain scans up to 30 seconds before a mistake, which could be referred to as a brain fart, occurs. The researchers suspect the abnormal behavior is the result of the brain attempting to save effort on a task by entering a more restful state'. The scientists detailed their findings on 21 April 2008 online in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The scientific term they gave the phenomenon is "maladaptive brain activity change."[4]
The term is typically employed in the United States[5] to indicate a regrettable and poorly thought out choice of action. According to Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Denis Gauthier a brain fart occurs when one "momentarily loses his sense of logic…and does something 'dumb'."[6]
A further clarification comes from investigative journalist Louie Pierson, who proffers that while accidents are preventable, "brain farts are unpredictable, unpreventable and universal", and advances the theory that Mother Nature had "added the unfathomable minor irritant of the brain fart as a failsafe backup."[7]
The derivation of the term may be related to the term "brain infarction," however a more likely etiology is the direct comparison of the episode of forgetfulness escaping one's brain without check to the accidental production of flatus.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
Dondbuzor:

Congrats, u ve won d dumbest poster of d day award.
So ppl shouldn't celebrate any improvement on power supply.

@topic I must confess that there is great improvement in power supply both in ma area @bdpa benin city and @new american quarters onitsha.

Sigh!

It is remarks like these that just makes you wanna throw in the towel and say. . .Maybe Nigerian do deserve what they get.

The so called improvement, which is just in selected areas, has not lasted up to 3 straight months and already it is being termed "GREAT IMPROVEMENT.. Where is the incentive to get better?

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Johndoe100(m): 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
PHIPEX: Plenty debates but all I know is that there has been great improvement in my area here in Lagos for several months now. It's being rationed and we are sure of getting light for atleast 20hrs in a day every 5 days of the week. I know there is usually improvements during rainy seasons but ours is a bit different because is been so since around February this year. I pray it gets better in months to come.

[size=14pt]Why is kobojunkie so so desperate for a negative situation? She is an example of what happens to haters when facts on the ground prove them wrong. She still believes that there are fuel ques and shortages in Nigeria weekly. [/size]
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by OmoTier1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
This thread shows how the memory of some Nigerians is so short! Nigeria is in rainy season and for God knows how long, electricity have always improved during the rainy seasons 'cos of the dams not because they have done anything tangible to warrant the improve. I remember the same improvement in electricity was shout at the roof top on here during this time last year yet few months later, it was blackest darkness for most people!

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by tpapi: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2012
Som pple av sworn 2 an oath in a shrine neva 2 commend any positives from gej even wen d truth is so glarin in their ugly faces
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Sigh!

It is remarks like these that just makes you wanna throw in the towel and say. . .Maybe Nigerian do deserve what they get.

The so called improvement, which is just in selected areas, has not lasted up to 3 straight months and already it is being termed "GREAT IMPROVEMENT.. Where is the incentive to get better?

Currently working on plans to get in on the action ooo . . . all this one e get as e be/

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by chucky234(m): 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
Nigeria has spent $25bn with only 3,800MW to show for while Brazil spent $10bn and was able to add 10,000MW to take the power generation capacity to 100,000MW with 201 million people while Nigeria with 168 million people almost tripple that amount just to get 3,800MW yet to masses are jubilating instead of asking questions.
If we don't hold our leaders accountable they will never justify the billions and trillions they spend with nothing meaningful to show for, so many areas are in darkness as I am typing and yet few people who are opportuned to have experience constant power claimed nation improvement.
Haba let's be reasonable and put sentiment aside,the country belong to everyone of us.
People need to ask questions, South Africa with 58 million people generates 45,000MW of electricity yet spend far less than what we spend on power annually and we chose to dance to few weeks of constant power when the country only has less than 1000MW to show for all the billions that has been pumped into the sector in the last 24 months, haba my people this is not about hating or sentiment but am totally concern about the state of the nation.

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Johndoe100(m): 7:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
Before I forget, I have light for at least 16 hours a day , most days more like 21 hours the last couple of days the light has been 24 hours uninterrupted. o This is the evidence that the transformation agenda is on course and beginning to produce the results we knew would come.

[size=24pt]FRESH AIR!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kachi188(m): 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
Ozichim: Hello all, I want to make a complain here. It is true that like has improved in my area, but I still feel maginalised. My area is Obigbo Portharcourt rivers state, Obigbo is very close to Afam gas power generation " one of the bigest plant in the country. Obigbo has so many live oil wells. Do you know that many areas in Obigbo does't have like becouse PHCN don't want to put Electric pole their they want the inhabetants to pay them the money and again Rivers state Govt don't want to here anything Obigbo. Other areas around Afam are having 24hrs7 power, So why won't Obigbo be part of it.

Any PHCN staff in the forun should please tell PHC to correct the anomaly in this area. However we comend them for the improvement we have withnessed so far.

first, its oyigbo nt obigbo...i live there too, nd d lite situation is nothing 2 write home abt..my area is nt far frm afam, nd yet we've nt seen light since friday...nd there is fuel scarcity in ph nw...i just hope dis power sector reform is nt a joke...
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by 4Play(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
I flew into Nigeria on Saturday and I've witnessed a lot steadier power supply where I am staying, in Awka, Anambra State. It seems this has been the case for the past week at least. As commendable as this, the timeframe is too short for the euphoria. If we have steadier power supply over say 6 months, perhaps, the sense of optimism will be better grounded. This is not the first time we have had what proved to be transient improvements

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Johndoe100(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
tpapi: Som pple av sworn 2 an oath in a shrine neva 2 commend any positives from gej even wen d truth is so glarin in their ugly faces

Are you minding them. The really annoying thing about it is that most of them are outside Nigeria and have not seen the shores of this country over one or two decades.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Balyz: 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
ITbomb: Brothers and sisters in Nigeria, I want to testify of a miracle I encountered this week. The water in the lower compartment of my fridge froze. Can I get a witness in the house?

BLOG | JULY 29, 2012 - 7:57AM | BY SYLVA IFEDIGBO
www.dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/something-wrong-power-improving
I havent seen power in my area in the last six days. ive already overshot my monthly budget buying fuel for my gen, and the worst part of it all is no one seems to know where the fault lies. So bro what d devil are you talking about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

2019: Tinubu Will Be Used And Dumped —sule Lamido / Biliaminu Mustapha: Ambode’s Four Years Better Than Tinubu’s Eight Years / Hard Times Over Soon – Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.