Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving (26626 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / Just 8 Years Out Of Power-is That Governor Nnamani? / The Nigerian Police Force Is Improving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
proudly9ja: lool...Nigerians never learn. This is the same thing we discuss same period every year.

Its normal to have 'improved' power supply at around this time of the year. Come back towards the end of the year/early next year and let's discuss this topic again.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You're a liar. There was NEVER a time that it was normal for folks to be reporting 22 hrs power per day from across the country as people are reporting here, with some seeing constant power for several days without interruption. THAT was never normal, unless in the 1970s. You talk as if we're not all in this same Nigeria.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Dotman01(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
xcabinet: Don't get too excited, if you had been in nigeria for the past 10 years or so you would have notice improvement in power supply every rainy season. This is due to increase in water level at both kainji and shiroro dams, do not be decieved no wonder the increase in tarrif was effected at this period its all a deception
may God bless u, thats absolute truth

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by edicolove: 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
proudly9ja: lool...Nigerians never learn. This is the same thing we discuss same period every year.

Its normal to have 'improved' power supply at around this time of the year. Come back towards the end of the year/early next year and let's discuss this topic again.

Always read the thread before you comment. There has been improvement in many places for months, not this period according to you. And for the records, Kanji dam water level has never caused a country wide improvement and consistency like some of you try to portray.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by najoke: 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
blank: I didn't have light in my area of Lekki for a month. They just restored it and it is never there during the day so I have to run my gen for my son.

Maybe, they have taken my light and given to you. undecidedI

Exactly what some people are tryn to point out but instead they get called liars,hypocrites etc
I weep for my country

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Pataki: 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
Here we go again. There has been several threads like this in times past. Where we are all in jubilation to ''improved'' power supply. OBJ did it several times, same old same old since 1980s.

I personally refused to be swayed by this short term appetizer.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by agabaI23(m): 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2012

If you search well you will see a thread like this created in october 2011, another in May 2012 and another in June 2012. There could be some between october and April. It is not the same time exactly.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
na_joke:

Exactly what some people are tryn to point out but instead they get called liars,hypocrites etc
I weep for my country

You're talking rubbish. If it was true then there would be just as many people complaining of no light as they are of people saying it has improved.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by logica(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
It just might have to do with Lagos producing its own power. Hasn't the state been granted the right to produce power? Any information please?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by agabaI23(m): 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
Pataki: Here we go again. There has been several threads like this in times past. Where we are all in jubilation to ''improved'' power supply. OBJ did it several times, same old same old since 1980s.

I personally refused to be swayed by this short term appetizer.
At least you agree something is happening albeit short term in your opinion
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Dotman01(m): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
agabaI23: If you search well you will see a thread like this created in october 2011, another in May 2012 and another in June 2012. There could be some between october and April. It is not the same time exactly.
its cos where in d rainy season
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by MMM2(m): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
Don't say it 2 much b4 boko haram go bomb ur transform
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by agabaI23(m): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Spare me the useless information. As if somehow your wuru-wuru logic there NEGATES what is published of the current situation in the area of power generation and transmission as of yesterday.
Well then if it is wuru wuru to you it means you cannot comprehend it or you chose to call it so because you cannot fault the logic. If not tell me what is wuru wuru about it?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by edicolove: 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2012
logica: It just might have to do with Lagos producing its own power. Hasn't the state been granted the right to produce power? Any information please?

Lagos is not producing its own power. Where did you get that from? Only Akwa Ibom and Rivers IPP are close to take off. Lagos iis still planning. Hopefully they will start their IPP soon.

Power has improved. No matter how some are trying to spread negative vibes around. Our duty is to keep the pressure on government to sustain it and improve even more. It is a big lie to say it is due to rainy season because Kanji and Shiroro do not supply power to the whole Nigeria any more. They only supply some states.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by najoke: 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Rossikk:

You're talking rubbish. If it was true then there would be just as many people complaining of no light as they are of people saying it has improved.

Bros for ur information i stay in Mende,anthony very close to d PHCN power stationr....2-3 yrs ago light in my area is something i boast of but now electricty in mende is a shodow of itself.

So bros wen some of us talk its not becos we hate ur boss....u dig?
.its just dt u guys dont like haering d truth

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by onthefence: 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't dislike his policies. Matter of fact, I don't do DISLIKE OR LIKE when it comes to Government. I look for the facts and state them as I find them.

Goodluck Jonathan says power has not improved . . why is he right and you also right for saying that power has improved? Contradiction?

I don't care what GEJ says about power improvement. I am telling you it has improved in my area greatly. That is all I know for now. If it drops I will come back to say so.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Pataki: 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
agabaI23: At least you agree something is happening albeit short term in your opinion

The thing is, something is always happening. But you and I both know it never last long.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Azidogen2: 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie: [size=14pt]How can electricity in the country have improved when

a) Transmission problems have yet to be tackled

b) Generation has fallen back down over the last couple of months. It is estimated to be about 2700MW on average per day, today.How can that be an improvement from more than 3900MW we were told of about December of last year
[/size]

na juju
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

If your goal is to rejoice that that power supply has improved(a la increase in power rations to your area at this time) in your tiny are of your state, go right ahead and do just that. However, when you want to speak of Power at the National level, at least visit the facts rather than come off sounding like another of the many empty-brains out there who feels that as long as they have electricity in their home, all is well in NIGERIA.
It would benefit us as a whole if we outgrew this selfish way of analyzing issues and situations.
must you comment. junkie!! angry angry
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by pat077: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
There's no cause 4 celebratn yet, power supply always improve @ dis tyme of d year when d water level @ dam is high, let's kip our fingers cross and see if it can be sustain.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by agabaI23(m): 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
Dotman01: its cos where in d rainy season
what of those who have had power since January without issues? The only time they had hiccups was during the repair of Kainji leakage.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
logica: It just might have to do with Lagos producing its own power. Hasn't the state been granted the right to produce power? Any information please?

Haba!! It was only approved in April.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by edicolove: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
Pataki:

The thing is, something is always happening. But you and I both know it never last long.

This right there is the problem of Nigeria. All you have to offer is cynism and gloom. What have you ever contributed as a Nigerian? I posted the BB pin of NERC and their twitter handle. I personally put pressure on them in my little way. What have you ever done. People like you only contribute to the problem. You want us to remain sad and hopeless like you but we have chosen not to. We are not deluded to think that PHCN or FG is now perfect but we are willing to support and push them to do the right thing. Bitterness, sadness and depression can lead to ulcers. Watch yourself dude.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Azidogen2:
must you comment. junkie!! angry angry

You should ask yourself why you are afraid of being confronted with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by occam(m): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
edicolove:

Lagos is not producing its own power. Where did you get that from? Only Akwa Ibom and Rivers IPP are close to take off. Lagos iis still planning. Hopefully they will start their IPP soon.

Power has improved. No matter how some are trying to spread negative vibes around. Our duty is to keep the pressure on government to sustain it and improve even more. It is a big lie to say it is due to rainy season because Kanji and Shiroro do not supply power to the whole Nigeria any more. They only supply some states.

This "power Improved" is so vague. How did you measure improvement and conclude this? from what year to what year? in which states or towns or neighbourhood? who's reporting this? and more importantly what's driving this improvement? Are you relying on eye witness accounts?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by abes(m): 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2012

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
otokx: Update from the UNIPORT area for today 30th July 2012

Electricity came by 5am and went by 7am, it came again about 10am and went by midday. The time is 5pm now and we have not seen electricity since then and there is fuel scarcity.

Let us compare this person's report with this same persons report from May 24, 2010

otokx: The electricity has quite improved in my area of Port Harcourt, wonder how long this will last although NEPA brought a bill some days back.

Notice his report can easily be assumed to mean that his situation has worsened. Would this also be considered EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE . . . or does it only count when the address is positive in favour of the delusion over known NUMbERS?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by erniok(m): 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
All these ones saying power has improved in their area,are u all living within the same vicinity cos isawo, ikorodu axis has not seen power in a long while or has it been ceded to another country?

Ps: next time posters shld mention areas for verification.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by najoke: 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Let us compare this person's report with this same persons report from May 24, 2010

Notice his report can easily be assumed to mean that his situation has worsened.

U too much.....this exactly what we have been trying so hard to explain here but what do we get in return insults.

I weep for nigeria
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Sealeddeal(m): 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2012
I stayed for some times in enugu before returning to anambra recently.i have equally asked alot of people and the testimony abound that power supply has improved.for those like KOBOJUNKIE who may have asked a technical question dat deserve an answer,i want to say that most atimes,the interruption of power supply is a sheer sabotage.and that answer the simply question why we couldnt witness an improvement when govt announced that 3900MW was added to national grid.the fact is,there is improvement and i think more of these gud things are underway.And because,when u hail the king for what he did,he do more,i have to say,Thumps Up to GEJ.he has so far demonstrated his resolve to improve nigeria in leading sector of economy.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Petovi: 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
Pls lets b reasonable for once power has improved in Nigeria,am a student of delta state university n i hapen 2 mit lots of pipo from around d country,most of my friends who liv in lagos n benin told me dat d power situation has improved.Even in warri where i liv d light hardly goes out.I no dat nt every parth of Nigeria has experienced dis improment bt d truth is dat power generation has improved in Nigeria.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Dondbuzor: 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill: This is the problem with us. . .the two or three people for whom things have slightly improved shout the loudest drowning out the voices of those who haven't seen any changes at all.

When you tell them it is just a small change oh, they say "It could have be worst". What they don't realize is that IT CAN BE BETTER, all you need to do is stop celebrating halfsies and being undyingly grateful for the bread crumbs being thrown your way.

EVERYBODY deserves 24hrs of interruptted and anything short of that should not be celebrated.

Congrats, u ve won d dumbest poster of d day award.
So ppl shouldn't celebrate any improvement on power supply.

@topic I must confess that there is great improvement in power supply both in ma area @bdpa benin city and @new american quarters onitsha.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jazz04(m): 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
the problem with our power is not with the power plants not enough, with evidence I gathererd from my Chinese friends handling some poer projects, I realised the problem is with supply of fuel/gas to these power stations. If our present power stations are utilised at 95%, nobody or few people will complain of power I believe.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sealeddeal: I stayed for some times in enugu before returning to anambra recently.i have equally asked alot of people and the testimony abound that power supply has improved.for those like KOBOJUNKIE who may have asked a technical question dat deserve an answer,i want to say that most atimes,the interruption of power supply is a sheer sabotage.and that answer the simply question why we couldnt witness an improvement when govt announced that 3900MW was added to national grid.the fact is,there is improvement and i think more of these gud things are underway.And because,when u hail the king for what he did,he do more,i have to say,Thumps Up to GEJ.he has so far demonstrated his resolve to improve nigeria in leading sector of economy.

You do know you are not saying anything or answering the question asked. Even in a particular country with over 40,000MW daily generation, and a population of about 60 million, there is still need for more power and power is yet stable in some areas in said country.So are you trying to tell me that with Average daily power supply of 2700MW, All nigerians have witnessed an improvement over when Nigerians had about 3600MW of power into the system on average? Which kain juju be that one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community. / Femi Gbajabiamila Appoints Sanusi Rickiji As Chief Of Staff / My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.