Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) (26052 Views)

Scam Alert For Online Sellers / Post And Expose Your Bad Experience With Online Sellers. / Buy Cheap And Enjoy Free Shipping To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 02, 2012
Its funny how Bizooks keeps saying things like "USPS which stand for United States Postal Service". . . .

Lmao No o, na University of Sokoto Postal Service. hahaha The way he replies just seems funny to me, like he's "schooling" folks or something.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 12:22am On Aug 02, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt] Of course I agree corruption is a worldwide epidemic, credit card fraud here if i'm not mistaken is higher than in Nigeria and I get scam mails from Americans here too but Nigeria is surely somewhere @ the top of the list. The aggression with which yahoo boys were churning out those scam mails and reaping dividends during the 419 boom era has made a lasting impression which may be difficult to erase. If you say it is not due to corruption, how else do you explain Nigeria's name conspicuously missing from payment list (you even attested to having experienced it yourself) when you have other countries like Ghana and Somalia on the list and why would credit card payments for some of the simplest things from Nigeria be rejected. What other reason ? ? [/size]

Nigeria is a top the list because unlike other nation who protect theirs, Nigeria doesn't give a damn. When Ghanian commits virtual crime, they'll blame Nigerians. When any other nations is about to perpetrate fraud, they'll use Nigerians. When you have different people who aren't Nigerians using Nigerian scam template to commit fraud, why won't it top the chart?

You're right it's difficult to erase but if you don't invest that goodwill, how do you earn the trust? How many fraud cases have you heard of in the U.S., does it mean it doesn't exist?

Nigeria was missing from the payment list because Nigerian govt (in part) isn't resolved to aggressively deal with the issue and compete for these companies to do business with Nigeria. Nigerian Govt is business as usual meanwhile the eCommerce global is leaving Nigeria behind.

Like I previously stated, the Nigerian govt is ready to deal with the issue (not ONLY corruption) but with other issues. Before these companies can come to Nigeria, Nigerian govt has to prove that they can get it right. Nigeria now has CC vendors, ATM machines, etc.,YET, the so-called banks can't even get it right. Every bank wants to invest in cheap article and you expect third party vendors to invest in you?

Take for instance, Nigeria is a "SLOW PAY" countries for wire transfers, does it mean that the banks are also defrauding or involved in corruption? Then why is the largest nation in Africa and the third largest economy in Africa a "SLOW PAY" nation compared to ordinary Ghana and Kenya?
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 12:23am On Aug 02, 2012
kingoflag:

You do realize that everything you've been posting just to counter Kobojunkie has been straight up crap, right?! undecided

I know you've been stalking me, so no worries... grin grin grin

You can't seem to get me off your radar, I don't know why, but hey cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh btw, I know it's CRAP, after all Biz Books explained further, so why worry? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 02, 2012
manny4life:

You can't seem to get me off your radar, I don't know why, but hey cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh my God, you've started with this your inferiority complex of a thing again. When was the last time we had a ti*t for tat?! So, pump your brakes and swallow like 40 chill pills abeg. Am I the only one that called you out?
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 12:28am On Aug 02, 2012
@Kobojunkie,

It seems you find it very difficult to admit when you are wrong. Everybody knew Chucky234
was referring to NIPOST except you.

Well, if you ship a single laptop, you can claim it is for personal use. But when you ship
5 or 10 laptops in one box, you cannot claim they are for personal use. You have to pay
Customs fee for them. I don't really think you know much about shipping. I have been in
that business since 2001.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mistakay: 12:28am On Aug 02, 2012
When the post office charge a ridiculous sum for a package its usually the customs charge you will notice on the delivery note there is writing in red and blu the red is the customs, they once charged me 120k for a carton, the best thing is refuse to pay,make a scene write a protest letter address to G.M EMS Ikeja and say customs will drive you a way that you are a regular customer for several years,Ems value their customers alot because they are getting fewer and fewer,after few days you will receive another delivery note with new charges usually less than half of the initial charge.Do not pay high charges at post offices!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 12:30am On Aug 02, 2012
kingoflag:

Oh my God, you've started with this your inferiority complex of a thing again. When was the last time we had a ti*t for tat?! So, pump your brakes and swallow like 40 chill pills abeg. Am I the only one that called you out?

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Between you and I, though this is a public forum, have I ever quoted your post before? How many times have you stalked me, quoting my post up and down, isn't it like 5x already? Besides, i replied KOBO's post twice... The first where I made a comment about her bamboozling us and the second where I explained how USPS is a liason between customer and other host nation postal service organization in this case, I CLEARLY CALLED NIPOST, all other arguments has been with Kay_Dee... So what is your problem. Again,

manny4life:

Oh btw, I know it's CRAP, after all Biz Books explained further, so why worry? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 12:32am On Aug 02, 2012
kingoflag: Its funny how Bizooks keeps saying things like "USPS which stand for United States Postal Service". . . .

Lmao No o, na University of Sokoto Postal Service. hahaha The way he replies just seems funny to me, like he's "schooling" folks or something.

grin grin grin Well in the course of this discussion, we have heard from folks in the UK, South
Africa, USA, Canada and other countries in Europe and Asia. So it wouldn't hurt if one
explains the acronym USPS. If you know what it means, others may not.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 12:32am On Aug 02, 2012
BizBooks: @Kobojunkie,

It seems you find it very difficult to admit when you are wrong. Everybody knew Chucky234

Well, if you ship a single laptop, you can claim it is for personal use. But when you ship
5 or 10 laptops in one box, you cannot claim they are for personal use. You have to pay
Customs fee for them. I don't really think you know much about shipping. I have been in

a) I am not everybody . . .

b) You are full of crap! Didn't I already try to tell you that if you have nothing reasonable in way of a response that you just not type it at all.

First you claim that the fees Chuks was charged, twice the cost of his laptop he says, is partly customs fees and is legit. Then I tell you that I was able to ship laptops and was not charged any of your so-called customs fees. Now you come back with some story of personal and non-personal use. Stop posting your brain-fart!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 12:34am On Aug 02, 2012

LOL...

Now you see, when I add to what you've said, this dude called Kingoflag will come out attacking me for no just cause.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by SisiKill1: 12:34am On Aug 02, 2012
kingoflag:

You do realize that everything you've been posting just to counter Kobojunkie has been straight up crap, right?! undecided
I've been laughing my a$$ off and cringing at the same time on his behalf. cheesy

I think we can safely say some people just respond to names and not the contents of the post. He's made up his mind that no matter what a certain someone says, he is taking the opposite side. . .even if he ends up with egg on his face.

Posts like his make for a fun read. cheesy cheesy
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 12:37am On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:
First you claim that the fees Chuks was charged, twice the cost of his laptop he says, is partly customs fees and is legit. Then I tell you that I was able to ship laptops and was not charged any of your so-called customs fees. Now you come back with some story of personal and non-personal use. Stop posting your brain-fart!

grin grin grin Fees charged by Nigerian Customs are not fixed. They are highly negotiable. I told you how
they asked me to pay 35K for a box of mobile phones and in the end we settled for 20K. Again,
if you ship a personal item, Customs will likely not charge you. But if they determine the
items are for business, they will likely charge you.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 12:37am On Aug 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
I've been laughing my a$$ off and cringing at the same time on his behalf. cheesy

I think we can safely say some people just respond to names and not the contents of the post. He's made up his mind that no matter what a certain someone says, he is taking the opposite side. . .even if he ends up with egg on his face.

Perhaps you're right... grin grin grin grin
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Aug 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I can tell you it started right after the squabble I had with his annoying way of trying to shove his take down your throat on the thread questioning the Identity, and legitimacy of a certain Vulcan Corp Nigeria signed an MOU with some weeks ago. Ever since then, the maggot tries to INSULT HIS WAY INTO WINNING like a child. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by KayDee4: 12:43am On Aug 02, 2012
manny4life:
Nigeria is a top the list because unlike other nation who protect theirs, Nigeria doesn't give a damn. When Ghanian commits virtual crime, they'll blame Nigerians. When any other nations is about to perpetrate fraud, they'll use Nigerians. When you have different people who aren't Nigerians using Nigerian scam template to commit fraud, why won't it top the chart?

You're right it's difficult to erase but if you don't invest that goodwill, how do you earn the trust? How many fraud cases have you heard of in the U.S., does it mean it doesn't exist?

Nigeria was missing from the payment list because Nigerian govt (in part) isn't resolved to aggressively deal with the issue and compete for these companies to do business with Nigeria. Nigerian Govt is business as usual meanwhile the eCommerce global is leaving Nigeria behind.

Like I previously stated, the Nigerian govt is ready to deal with the issue (not ONLY corruption) but with other issues. Before these companies can come to Nigeria, Nigerian govt has to prove that they can get it right. Nigeria now has CC vendors, ATM machines, etc.,YET, the so-called banks can't even get it right. Every bank wants to invest in cheap article and you expect third party vendors to invest in you?

Take for instance, Nigeria is a "SLOW PAY" countries for wire transfers, does it mean that the banks are also defrauding or involved in corruption? Then why is the largest nation in Africa and the third largest economy in Africa a "SLOW PAY" nation compared to ordinary Ghana and Kenya?
[size=13pt]Lul @ Nigerian scam template, what an invention by innovative Nigerians. Well, I think we agree on the fact that corruption is to a large extent, the cause and govt is not dealing with it decisively. We may be saying it in different languages but that's enough for me. [/size]
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by SisiKill1: 12:44am On Aug 02, 2012
Again. . .what has corruption is world wide got to do with the matter at hand??

EBAY sellers are not saying they aren't shipping to "The world wide corrupted" places are they now?

They are saying[b] NO, I WILL NOT SHIP TO NIGERIA!!![/b]

In case you guys have forgotten, this is the sign on EBAY

www.nairaland.com/attachments/774475_NoShippingToNigeria_jpg5fce53b1eef3236d01826691d5758488

Leave the other "World Wide Corrupted" places to deal with their own issue and face yours!!

Sheesh! It's like dealing with a class of two years old with ADHD. undecided
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 12:46am On Aug 02, 2012
mistakay: When the post office charge a ridiculous sum for a package its usually the customs charge you will notice on the delivery note there is writing in red and blu the red is the customs, they once charged me 120k for a carton, the best thing is refuse to pay,make a scene write a protest letter address to G.M EMS Ikeja and say customs will drive you a way that you are a regular customer for several years,Ems value their customers alot because they are getting fewer and fewer,after few days you will receive another delivery note with new charges usually less than half of the initial charge.Do not pay high charges at post offices!

a) I don't think abandoning payment is the way to go. If you feel that you are being charged fairly then you should have no problem paying up. We should all pay our fair share.

b) According to the Nigerian Customs Service own website, the charge should not exceed 20%, so if 120K is 20% of the cost of whatever it is you have conttained in the box, then you, my friend are owing and should pay up.

c) Here in the US, I try to pay up every possible fee that may be attached, even customs upfront. I just don't get how anyone could claim that being asked to pay 200% is CUSTOMS FEES.

https://www.customs.gov.ng/Tariff/index.php
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 12:47am On Aug 02, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt]Lul @ Nigerian scam template, what an invention by innovative Nigerians. Well, I think we agree on the fact that corruption is to a large extent, the cause and govt is dealing with it decisively. We maybe saying it in different languages but that's enough for me. [/size]

Hey we both agree for the most part... grin grin grin

Kobojunkie:

I can tell you it started right after the squabble I had with his annoying way of trying to shove his take down your throat on the thread questioning the Identity, and legitimacy of a certain Vulcan Corp Nigeria signed an MOU with some weeks ago. Ever since then, the maggot tries to INSULT HIS WAY INTO WINNING like a child. grin grin grin grin grin grin

LOL, no sis there wasn't any squabble between you and I, I left you to your reasoning after a while and the others took up on you, don't get it twisted sister. Btw, you really must think you're important? shocked shocked shocked I'm sure a survey on NL will prove who whines like a lil child... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by SisiKill1: 12:48am On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

manny4life:

Perhaps you're right... grin grin grin grin

QED!! cheesy cheesy

You guys are funny! Lol
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 12:50am On Aug 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

QED!! cheesy cheesy

You guys are funny! Lol

hmmmm shocked shocked shocked shocked

Me I don't have any beef with her as she claimed that it was because of Vulcan energy thread, meanwhile if you go back to that thread, I exited, but she continued for the entire pages. Meanwhile, she hasn't provided the EIN as she claimed they are freely accessible.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 12:50am On Aug 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Again. . .what has corruption is world wide got to do with the matter at hand??

EBAY sellers are not saying they aren't shipping to "The world wide corrupted" places are they now?

They are saying[b] NO, I WILL NOT SHIP TO NIGERIA!!![/b]

In case you guys have forgotten, this is the sign on EBAY

www.nairaland.com/attachments/774475_NoShippingToNigeria_jpg5fce53b1eef3236d01826691d5758488

Leave the other "World Wide Corrupted" places to deal with their own issue and face yours!!

Sheesh! It's like dealing with a class of two years old with ADHD. undecided

Really? The sign on Ebay arrrrgggh!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Actually, now that I think of it, it was a Nigerian scammer that cost me my account on Ebay a couple of years ago. Some ninny emailed me about sending the laptop I was selling to him in Nigeria. I exchanged a couple of messages via email thinking that I may be able to help someone who was truly in need. But then the goon told me he could not send payment via western union or something . . . . but by then Ebay locked my account and demanded that I send them verification to prove that I was who I said I was. Why should I send a corporation my driver's licence and bank info for verification??
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mistakay: 12:53am On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

a) I don't think abandoning payment is the way to go. If you feel that you are being charged fairly then you should have no problem paying up. We should all pay our fair share.

b) According to the Nigerian Customs Service own website, the charge should not exceed 20%, so if 120K is 20% of the cost of whatever it is you have conttained in the box, then you, my friend are owing and should pay up.

c) Here in the US, I try to pay up every possible fee that may be attached, even customs upfront. I just don't get how anyone could claim that being asked to pay 200% is CUSTOMS FEES.

https://www.customs.gov.ng/Tariff/index.php

You think they charge fairly? they are a bunch of illiterates trying to over shoot the the target of their custom bosses,they value a single carton for 700k and demanded 120k from me, no way ! My post office manager had that cut down to 30,000 and i dont believe im owing any one mr.kobo
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On Aug 02, 2012
mistakay:

You think they charge fairly? they are a bunch of illiterates trying to over shoot the the target of their custom bosses,they value a single carton for 700k and demanded 120k from me, no way ! My post office manager had that cut down to 30,000 and i dont believe im owing any one mr.kobo

Well, according to @BizBooks, the charges, even when marked up by over 180% is fair. Ask him since he claims he has been doing this since 2001. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I myself do all I can to settle all costs at my end here so I know that any additional charge is likely some money grubber trying to extort some more out of me at the other end. Customs charges are not more than 20% on even electronics. You can download the document with the info on the Customs services website.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by gurujoe(m): 1:00am On Aug 02, 2012
torkaka: see what okoro people [/b]have done to nigeria cry, duping people and calling themselves [b]"INTA NA CION NAL" business men! angry abeg somebody give dem biafra sharp sharp - THE LAND OF THE RISING SCAMMERS SUN grin grin
quit dis yr madness it wont help u
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by USAMarshal: 1:06am On Aug 02, 2012
when
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 1:11am On Aug 02, 2012
USAMarshal:

kobunjoko shut the Bleep up. Tell us which of the shipping method you used and what you shipped instead of confusing nairalanders on the improvement and progress being made in the nigerian postal system

I watched the stream today on Aljazeera, and the topic of discussing was on how in some countries, even in Africa, there were about 1 Psychologists/Psychiatrist to 200 thousand people, in some cases 1 to half a million. Your post reminded me of that problem and the fact that it is not even now being actively combated by African Governments.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by LCASHMAN(m): 1:19am On Aug 02, 2012
I SHARE D SAME THOUGHT WITH D ITALIAN.SHIPPED STUFF TO NAIJA ND SOME STUFF WENT MISSING ND EVEN CHANGED D RECIEPT ND REMOVED FRM IT D LIST OF STUFF THEY TOOK OUT.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 1:23am On Aug 02, 2012
@Kobojunkie,

Mistakay has actually validated my argument. If you missed it, here's what he said:

"they value a single carton for 700k and demanded 120k from me, no way ! My post office
manager had that cut down to 30,000"

According to him Nigerian Customs asked for 120K and in the end they settled for 30K. That is
exactly what I have been saying. The Customs fee is not fixed. Whatever they ask you to pay,
negotiate as hard as you can.

By the way, how can you pay the Customs fee in the US for an item you are shipping to
Nigeria. The US Post Office will only ask you to declare the value of the item you are
shipping on the Customs form and that's it. They do not collect Customs fee on behalf of
Nigerian Customs. I highly doubt you understand what we are talking about here.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 1:33am On Aug 02, 2012
You see, when I say something now, they'll attack me.

USAMarshal:

kobunjoko shut the Bleep up. Tell us which of the shipping method you used and what you shipped instead of confusing nairalanders on the improvement and progress being made in the nigerian postal system

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that story confusing... anyway grin grin grin grin

She did not know that when you ship items of "commercial value" you fill certain customs forms and when it exceed a certain value, you fill a Shippers Export Declaration form that states the commercial value. Anyway, I'll watch from the sidelines embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 1:35am On Aug 02, 2012

Mistakay has actually validated my argument. If you missed it, here's what he said:

"they value a single carton for 700k and demanded 120k from me, no way ! My post office
manager had that cut down to 30,000"

According to him Nigerian Customs asked for 120K and in the end they settled for 30K. That is
exactly what I have been saying. The Customs fee is not fixed. Whatever they ask you to pay,
negotiate as hard as you can.

By the way, how can you pay the Customs fee in the US for an item you are shipping to
Nigeria. The US Post Office will only ask you to declare the value of the item you are
shipping on the Customs form and that's it. They do not collect Customs fee on behalf of
Nigerian Customs. I highly doubt you understand what we are talking about here.

Actually Customs itself tells you that the fee is supposed to be based on the cost of your item. There happens to be a website where you can download the document so you can figure out what the customs fee for the item you are sending will be. It is not fixed in the sense that everyone pays a certain amount, it is fixed in the sense that it is a fixed percentage based on the cost of the item you are shipping. Again, there is a website for the Nigerian customs Services where you can download the information.

And if you read @Mistakay's followup, he/she states that the charge was not a fair one. So likely some egunje fitted in there. I mean how else would you explain the TAX dropping from 120K to just about 30K in a matter of one week? Try telling customs here that their charge is unfair, say goodbye to your item.

Customs on electronic items on the list is at 20%. I don't know why anyone should be able to "negotiate" that when it is documented that it is what it is. You should not be able to NEGOTIATE a customs fee . . . it is basically TAX on goods imported. If you are able to negotiate TAX, how fair would that then be?

On paying of fees, please go back and re-read what I have typed there. I said I try to pay up every fee that will be accessed me up front, even if customs itself. Ofcourse I am not able to pay customs from my end, but given that I am shipping as a business owner, and my classification, I should not be accessed a customs fee for shipping items to my customers in the first place. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by pleep(m): 1:35am On Aug 02, 2012
This is good news. Instead of complaining about it you guys should be looking to make money off this information.

EU electronics sellers don't sell to Nigeria? then you can take their business!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by babseg(m): 1:38am On Aug 02, 2012
I will not 100% blame our system but the people. I live in the UK and I sell stuffs on ebay with over 500 positive feed backs. I have seen people from nigeria asking me to end my bid that they want to buy my item now. Only to tell me to that they have made the payment in my paypal and send one email that looks like paypal payment notification saying the payment for the item has been made bla, bla..... to send the item to Nigeria ( the last one i got asked me to send it to one address in surulere).

But when i check my paypal I will not see any payment I will have to call paypal if I have any pending payment only for them to tell me sI have none.

But now I dont need to call paypal any more a guy has helped me to install a software on my PC to detect fake or phising emails.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hubmart Omole: Inside The Hubmart Store Omole Branch (photos) / Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja / Why You Should Beware Of Unlicensed Online Small Loan Apps/websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.