Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) (26071 Views)

Scam Alert For Online Sellers / Post And Expose Your Bad Experience With Online Sellers. / Buy Cheap And Enjoy Free Shipping To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2012
henrychubayo:
I really need to correct something here. If you want to send goods to nigeria or anywhere, its nice you get it registered at the post office before sending it. Registering it will help them return it to you in case of no delivery and delivery to the right person. I probably guess that you parcel lost because you never registered it but just did ordinary sending. When i was in nigeria, i have received different packages of laptop, medicines, books and cd plates at different times from nigerian post office send to me from america. Our post office has really improved from 2002 upwards. So when you send or shipp packages containing goods, please don't forget to register it. With registration, the office where its stolen or lost will be identified and held responsible because each department or office must acknowledge the recipient of package bearing registration no.... That is how it goes

Um .. . . . I am not sure what you are trying to correct in my post but you cannot return what has been lost.

If you cannot read, please go back and read. I clearly stated that all my mail was insured(i.e registered by default and insured for value of content in all cases). Most mail packages sent to Nigeria are practically registered in some way especially if leaving America via USPS. This ensures that the mail is trackable, unless the sender explicitly refuses to do so. However if the mail is lost, how do you return it?
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
aryzgreat: PLEASE HOW DO I INVITE EFCC TO ARREST DIS YAHOO GUYS AT ISOLO? BUMPED INTO A CYBER CAFE TO PRINT AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT AND 90% OF THE GUYS THERE WERE SENDIMG SCAM MAILS WHILE 1 WAS SPEAKING TO A VICTIM IN AN ARAB ACCENT. IMMEDIATELY I ENTERED ALL OF THEM TURNED THEIR CRIMINAL EYES TOWARDS ME WHILE MINIMISING THEIR WINDOWS. I WENT THERE THE NEXT DAY AND SAW D SAME SET OF GUYS.

PLS I WANT THESE IDLE MINDS ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY, HOW DO I DO IT?
Hahahaha, round them up asap!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
mavinc4u:
this is not true at all.ship it back to you ko abi ni.the least they can do for you if you are lucky is to call the receiver to come and carry it becos of what they will gain and if they didn't get the receiver,they will swallow it . . . .

For those who did not follow this thread from the beginning, I narrated how I shipped a box
containing 10 laptops to Nigeria. The box got to Nigeria and my contact did not collect it
and it was returned to me intact.

Mavinc4u is saying this is not true. Now, how can I say that if it is not true. What will I
gain from telling such story if it didn't happen. I still remember the event vividly. That
day, I was at home and the door bell rang. When I opened the door, I saw a mailman who said
he needs me to sign for a package. I was a bit surprised since I was not expecting any
packages then especially a large box. But when I looked at the box, I saw that it had my
name and took it inside. That was when I discovered that it was the laptops I had shipped
a few months earlier. The good thing was that the US Post Office did not charge me for
returning it.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by scribble: 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

We are talking of a System that should work for a country and not for a state or two. If you want to say a system works, then you have to verify that it works for all states that apply. If it only works when you tick to send to Lagos and not when you check to send to Zamfara or Kaduna, or a tiny village called Imota, then that system DOES NOT WORK. Kapish?

PS. of the packages that were delivered in 2009, one of them actually got safely to a guy in Kaduna, or was it Bauchi State.

why are u acting like your parents are sending you to school for nothing?

Madam will you want to go to the police station and identify members of boko haram in sokoto? no you would report them somewhere like LAgos. Where a bomb won;t explode next to your brain after tattling.

Same with shipping...like for instance in Yankee, ppl prefer to go to Vegas to gamble as opposed to Atlantic City because the gambling in Vegas is more productive. More tourism etc.

What are you on about? Oh ye Nigerian permanent resident in Canada.

Personally I have shipped to Naija and voila got my laptops, Fedex/RedStar Express. Paid a little too much for customs though!!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
scribble:

Madam will you want to go to the police station and identify members of boko haram in sokoto? no you would report them somewhere like LAgos. Where a bomb won;t explode next to your brain after tattling.

Same with shipping...like for instance in Yankee, ppl prefer to go to Vegas to gamble as opposed to Atlantic City because the gambling in Vegas is more productive. More tourism etc.

Personally I have shipped to Naija and voila got my laptops, Fedex/RedStar Express. Paid a little too much for customs though!!

This is a very pitiful remark, I must say.

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by kepsi123(m): 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
Don't need to read all the post. but i am sure to say Bleep y'all. don't need ur sorry asses in niaja
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
deshclones:

This junkie fellow...you never say or see anything good with nigeria..silly Arrow....when professional shippers cumm businessmen like bizbooks,inspired etc have all acknowledged and praised the fact that they ship goods worth millions and they arrive the country intact..you are here yarning dust...a colleague bought furniture worth N800k from marcy.com ,paid online and it arrived intact...i don't believe your story cause you yarn rubbish more than shymmex....moreover what do you have that people will want to steal?...always killing nigeria with your leaking bad mouth. angry angry angry
The fo.ol is always seeking attention.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by stpat1(m): 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
afam4eva: The point BizBooks is trying to say is that some cities are more easily accessible than others. For example, it's easier to ship to lagos than to ship to let's say Zamfara. If you're shipping to Lagos, the complications will be minimized because the plane first berths in Lagos.

Hmm I'll like to see that plane that bearths. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Wallie(m): 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2012
If as a businessman most of your chargebacks originate from a certain location that makes up a very small percentage of your sales, it is only normal that you become wary of that location.

Why would a merchant ship to Nigeria if there’s a high possibility that such shipment will result in loss of his goods and profit? Nigeria is the worst country in the world when it comes to chargebacks.

Chargeback is when a credit card issuing bank forcefully retrieves money paid to a merchant. If a yahoo-yahoo person buys a product with a stolen credit card and the merchant ships the product, the real owner of the credit card can call the credit card company to refund his money. The merchant is now out the money that was paid to him and the goods that he shipped since the yahoo guy won’t return the shipment.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2012
scribble:

If you have nothing sensible to say, fight the urge to post a rebuttal to any of what I have on here.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by SisiKill1: 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2012
scribble:

What. . . the. . .Hell??!!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:
If you have nothing sensible to say, fight the urge to post a rebuttal to any of what I have on here.

You should truly heed your own advice grin grin grin
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2012
BizBooks:

You should truly heed your own advice grin grin grin

oh, I do, that is why I don't post my brain-fart on here like you, thinking you can get away with anything in support of what is clearly a problem that needs attention.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by SisiKill1: 9:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
LMFAOOOO!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Mandelaguy(m): 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2012
musiwa..,:
even western union uses question and answer to nigerian because nigeria is another word for fraud all over the world.
The text question is no longer in use,they are beginning to trust Nigerians more!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by kaydibs(f): 9:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
torkaka: see what okoro people [/b]have done to nigeria cry, duping people and calling themselves [b]"INTA NA CION NAL" business men! angry abeg somebody give dem biafra sharp sharp - THE LAND OF THE RISING SCAMMERS SUN grin grin

You are a big fool! This just goes to show what a shallow thinker you are. Idiot! Ode!

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by henrychubayo: 9:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
aryzgreat: PLEASE HOW DO I INVITE EFCC TO ARREST DIS YAHOO GUYS AT ISOLO? BUMPED INTO A CYBER CAFE TO PRINT AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT AND 90% OF THE GUYS THERE WERE SENDIMG SCAM MAILS WHILE 1 WAS SPEAKING TO A VICTIM IN AN ARAB ACCENT. IMMEDIATELY I ENTERED ALL OF THEM TURNED THEIR CRIMINAL EYES TOWARDS ME WHILE MINIMISING THEIR WINDOWS. I WENT THERE THE NEXT DAY AND SAW D SAME SET OF GUYS.

PLS I WANT THESE IDLE MINDS ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY, HOW DO I DO IT?
Plz do something to help save someone. Call EFCC and give them the address of the cyber cafe. I believe that the owners know them and still not done anything. Do you know that 5 minutes after i read your massage, i saw in south african television now 2 nigerians caught trying to scam a pensioner. They will appear in court on friday. Few days ago, i went to buy something and the guy noticed that am a nigerian, ask me, why do nigerians like to defraud ppl always? I ask him why he ask such question, he told me that his girlfriend has been defrauded by a nigerian. I was left speechless. It certainly gives us a bad name. Those in 9ja will not understand until they travel. In a place, you will be singled out for interrogation just because you are a nigerian. Too bad

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2012
Mandelaguy: The text question is no longer in use,they are beginning to trust Nigerians more!

Says who? Test questions are still used by Western Union for Nigeria even if you're sending
as little as $100.

P.S: My statement refers to the US only. It may not be true for other countries.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by FXKing2012(m): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2012
torkaka: see what okoro people [/b]have done to nigeria cry, duping people and calling themselves [b]"INTA NA CION NAL" business men! angry abeg somebody give dem biafra sharp sharp - THE LAND OF THE RISING SCAMMERS SUN grin grin

You MUST be the biggest eediot on Nairaland, I pity the womb that conceived you cos u deserve to come as a lizard.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by fittty(m): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2012
Obviously its cos of d yahoo boyz..... I knew guys back in university days that used to do the bank format thing and send to online sellers asking them to ship out the items first before their bank deposits d money into the sellers account. Unfortunately the sellers fall for their trick and sends out the item and eventually realise they've been scammed. Most of the buyers are nigerian. With the delivery address in nigeria. So tell me which seller will want to ship to nigeria again with or without receiving his money for the item
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by DeGrace01(m): 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2012
You r a bloody fool, an animal who is not ashame of his backwardness. Did ur useless leader not know what will happen to u if Biafra is declared. Hunger will kill idiots like u.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by livapul86(m): 9:57pm On Aug 01, 2012
livapul86: Please guys, am sorry for posting this here but I am getting conflicting opinions
about this. I recently bought some clothes
online for me and my younger brother, and am
being told that the clothes might be confiscated
at the post office when I go to retrieve them because the Importation of clothes to the country is illegal. Pls,
to those of you that Import clothes, how true is
this? Would I be harassed at the Post office?
Awaiting your answers.
Please someone should answer the question above for me. I believe there are people who have bought clothes Online on this thread, pls tell if there were any problems as you tried to receive them from Customs.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
well i order for a Laptop and Ipad via DHL it was delivered but i order for a toy of $6 via PostOffice i was asked to come and collect it with N2,000 and I argued with them until they collected from me N500.00 before they release it the other 2 package is yet to be delivered?
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by noiseless: 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
May you die of your boko brothers attacks whether by suicide bombings or hausa/fulani herdsmen as usual,since you are too scared to call out your YYY(YAHOO YAHOO Yoruba)that are all graduates in scamming business, or maybe you are one of them. Always quick to open your smellish mouth to scream IGBO old and over used tacts to divert the satlites from the real destructive gangs of your brothers.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
fittty: Obviously its cos of d yahoo boyz..... I knew guys back in university days that used to do the bank format thing and send to online sellers asking them to ship out the items first before their bank deposits d money into the sellers account. Unfortunately the sellers fall for their trick and sends out the item and eventually realise they've been scammed. Most of the buyers are nigerian. With the delivery address in nigeria. So tell me which seller will want to ship to nigeria again with or without receiving his money for the item

There is yahoo yahoo on the one side and then there is the problem with the system. Many business people out here, especially Nigerians, want to help in showing the world that Nigeria is open for business but the fact is, the system down there needs repair. Those who steal our merchandise at the post office are not necessarily Yahoo yahoo boyz. Those who tell our clients that they will to pay extra(on top of already expensive shipping costs) are not yahoo boyz. They are mostly post office workers and in many cases, if the packages are not insured, there is no way for the client to get their money back. After a couple of those issues, you realize it is not worth the hassle.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by HiiiPower(m): 10:18pm On Aug 01, 2012
I wouldn't ship there too.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by AGBORMAN1(m): 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
Once upon a time in 1997, i travelled from England to a Local airport
in Italy, inside the airport, i saw police following 2 Nigerian girls, round
& round. Just because of Green passport they are carrying.

Another story happened to me, 1994 in Englnad. I was working in a chiness restaurant
owned by a Hongkong man. One day we were having conversations, he told me that his people are
scared of Nigerians. Why? I asked. As if i dont know the answer. He told me that his best
friend hanged himself because a Nigerian defrauded him of a very big sum of money.
He will never do a business with Nigerians. They Love money like Mad. I kept mute,
because i dont want to lose my job.

Good names are better than riches.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mistakay: 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2012
livapul86:
Please someone should answer the question above for me. I believe there are people who have bought clothes Online on this thread, pls tell if there were any problems as you tried to receive them from Customs.

You will get your clothes,seizure only applies in commercial quantity imports.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by noiseless: 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2012
@Torkaka you son of dog. Honestly tell me which is your village or town,so i will drop the chemical weapon there and every bitter little devils like you, will regret why you and your fool!sh fathers still won't let Igbos be on their own unless when you are attacked with chemical weapons, bunch of fools..
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by folahann(m): 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2012
See what Jonathan has caused. He should better repair the system. Nigerians are denied a lot of opportunities online.

Waiting for you to ATTACK
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by muffins99(f): 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2012
Nlanders please try to get rid of the prejudice that is hindering logical and rational discussions on this site. Nlanders in Nigeria, not every positive comment about life outside of Nigeria is meant as criticism of Nigeria. Nlanders living outside of Nigeria, Nigeria is a developing country and things are not as bad as they were when you left home, things are getting better....

...anyway back to the point of this post.

Has anyone asked these retailers why they refuse to ship to Nigeria? Many of us have assumed that they do so out of prejudice, but maybe it's simply business reasons- e.g.they've contracted out their delivery services. Many of these retailers cannnot or are not willing to set up distribution offices in every country of the world. They can however, outsource distribution, but this means that they are restricted to/ by the capacities of the contractor. So if the courier does not already ship to Nigeria, this might cause probs especially if it has to incur more costs to ship to Nija (due to customs wahala, paying someone to track the package 24/7, etc), this will increase their charges to the retailer. The question then is, what is the value of sales to Nigeria and is it enough to offset the extra costs. Remember that these companies are there to make profit and if the sales to Nigeria is large enough for a decent profit margin, Nigeria's reputation (whatever that may be) cannot stop them from delivering to Nigeria.

Next time a retailer says no, please ask why... so that we can work at finding a solution.

PS: Apologies for the long post!!!

2 Likes

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2012
muffins99:
Has anyone asked these retailers why they refuse to ship to Nigeria? Many of us have assumed that they do so out of prejudice, but maybe it's simply business reasons- e.g.they've contracted out their delivery services. Many of these retailers cannnot or are not willing to set up distribution offices in every country of the world.

The problem is not the big companies. The problem is the thousands if not millions of
individual Sellers on Ebay, Craiglist, Amazon etc. If you go to Ebay right now, you will
see all the latest smartphones on sale. But none of the sellers will agree to ship to
Nigeria under any circumstance. In fact, if you go to the Ebay Sellers' forum, Nigeria is
a major topic of discussion. They all warn each other "Do not sell or ship anything to
Nigeria".

Somebody earlier suggested telling them you will pay via wire transfer to gain their trust.
But that will actually make it worse. If you tell an American seller you will pay him via
wire transfer from a Nigerian bank, he will run away as fast as possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Apapa Fire Incident: Bank Management Releases Official Statement / Palm Oil Biz.. How I Lost My First Capital / Dangote: I Have No House Outside Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.