Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) (26068 Views)

Scam Alert For Online Sellers / Post And Expose Your Bad Experience With Online Sellers. / Buy Cheap And Enjoy Free Shipping To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2012
BizBooks:

@Afam4eva,

Kobojunkie clearly understands the point I was trying to make though he pretends not to.
Nigeria is still a developing country. You cannot expect to receive the same quality of
service obtained in Lagos and Abuja in other parts of the country.

OH!! now the excuse is Nigeria is a developing country? ROFLMAO!! Nevermind that in the 80's this same 'developing country' did not have many of the headaches it now has. Your silly excuse is that today is a developing country. What was Nigeria in the 1980's when a lot of these same services worked fine and things made sense? A non-developing country?

Like I said, if you do not know what you are talking about, it is OK to stop typing.

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 6:51pm On Aug 01, 2012
@Kobojunkie,

You have succeeded in derailing this thread. Congratulations.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2012
musiwa..,:
even western union uses question and answer to nigerian because nigeria is another word for fraud all over the world.

Ummm, if we're to talk of Western Union, and ure in Canada (probably a Naturalized Canadian Citizen) then you'll know that Western Union will rather send money to Nigeria than Canada. You guys got a bad rep too.

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2012
BizBooks: @Kobojunkie,

You have succeeded in derailing this thread. Congratulations.

Yes,blame me for responding directly to the irrational comments you have made thus far on this issue.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

A friend of mine just sent me a money order from New York 2 weeks ago and till now, I am yet to receive it. That is money gone down the drain right there and this is shipping within the united states by the way. So abeg! If they don't want to ship to Nigeria, then that is on them. I prefer we Africans give our business to fellow Africans whenever possible anyway instead of giving it to the oyibos.

I believed your tale until I got to the bolded. Why mail Money Orders when you can just do a wire transfer or Western Union/Moneygram. Ok, say they decided to mail you money orders (which is your prerogative by the way) how is it "money down the drain" if it comes up missing? Don't you have the receipt? You can always file a claim even if has been cashed by an unauthorized person and you'll get your money refunded to you and the person that cashed it has some explaining to do.

Just saying. . . .

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Sunofgod(m): 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
BizBooks: Nigeria is yet to shake off her bad reputation when it comes to fraud in commerce. Many
sellers on Ebay, Craiglist, Amazon and other online sites go out of their way to make it
clear that they do not ship to Nigeria. Even when you tell them you reside in the US and
will pay with a credit card bearing your name, they still say no.

It is likely that many of these sellers have not lost money to a Nigerian but are only
reacting to stories they have heard about Nigeria. The irony is that shipping items to
Nigeria is now as safe as it has ever been. In the past few years, I have shipped several
packages to Nigeria through the Post Office and none of them was lost. The only issue is
that the Nigerian Post Office sometimes tries to extort as much money as possible from the
recipients before the packages are handed over to them.

Contrast that with Italy where I have lost several packages over the years. In fact an
Italian once told me they have one of the worst postal services in Europe. But still you
never hear anybody say "I will not ship to Italy". I don't know what it will take for them
to understand that the Nigeria they hear in the news is different from Nigeria in actual
fact. As a result of this blacklist, Nigerians are loosing out on the best electronic
commerce has to offer.

Have you ever ordered a product online and have it delivered in Nigeria?
Were you made to pay by the Post Office before collecting the item?

Will you ship to 'Peckham'?
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
kingoflag:
I believed your tale until I got to the bolded. Why mail Money Orders when you can just do a wire transfer or Western Union/Moneygram.

Unless you are in a big hurry, sending money via Money Order is actually better and much
cheaper. If I'm not mistaken the US Post Office charges a commission of 90 Cents regardless
of the amount of the Money Order. Compare that with Western Union which charges according to
the amount being sent.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Yes,blame me for responding directly to the irrational comments you have made thus far on this issue.

Irrational comments? How about answering a simple, direct question. You said you shipped 10
items to Nigeria and 5 went missing. If you don't mind,

1. What shipping method did you use.
2. Which part of Nigeria were the items shipped to.

If you are not ready to answer, we might as well assume you are making this all up.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by sleekdot(m): 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2012
I dont blame the Oyinbos, na the previous bad experience cause am
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
sleekdot: I dont blame the Oyinbos, na the previous bad experience cause am

I don't blame them either. I have experienced it first hand and even had to reconsider my decision to send to Nigeria.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
BizBooks:

Unless you are in a big hurry, sending money via Money Order is actually better and much
cheaper. If I'm not mistaken the US Post Office charges a commission of 90 Cents regardless
of the amount of the Money Order. Compare that with Western Union which charges according to
the amount being sent.
[quote author=BizBooks]

What are you talking about and how does this relate to the statement I made? undecided

Emphasis is on the statement "Money down the drain", which I posit is untrue if (and even if you don't) have the receipt for said M.O
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
kingoflag:
What are you talking about and how does this relate to the statement I made?

Emphasis is on the statement "Money down the drain", which I posit is untrue if (and even if you don't) have the receipt for said M.O

Were you not the person that said:

Why mail Money Orders when you can just do a wire transfer or Western Union/Moneygram.

So as I said, unless you are in big hurry, you are better off using Money Order. Western
Union is very expensive.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 01, 2012
Haba! This happens everywhere,so why pick on Nigeria in particular?
I will soon do jackie chan for people like kobojunkie na.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2012
Mstcheew...'i am not shipping to Nigeria', then ship to Mars nah...who dey beg dem
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Tstark(m): 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

OH!! now the excuse is Nigeria is a developing country? ROFLMAO!! Nevermind that in the 80's this same 'developing country' did not have many of the headaches it now has. Your silly excuse is that today is a developing country. What was Nigeria in the 1980's when a lot of these same services worked fine and things made sense? A non-developing country?

Like I said, if you do not know what you are talking about, it is OK to stop typing.

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!!

That response was soooooooooo on point! A developing country is supposed to progess and not regress, and Kobojunkie's response shows that the Postal service has regressed into a worse state.

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2012
One thing to remember is this: If you are shipping a package to Nigeria, make sure you
include the recipient's phone number. I find this very useful since it appears some
Nigerian Post Offices prefer calling the recipients to come and pick up their packages
instead of delivering to their addresses.

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
Those who are crying know very well the situation in your country.
Stop trying to act like you live in a sane country with even basic human dignity.
You KNOW very well why no one is going to dare ship anything to you, and I DO NOT blame them.

If I ever launch a business that involves shipping things physically, I highly doubt I'd add Nigeria to the list too to be perfectly frank. undecided

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by SisiKill1: 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
These people are not posting pictures saying NO I WILL NOT SHIP TO NIGERIA BECAUSE IT IS A DEVELOPING COUNTRY,

They are not posting pictures saying NO I WILL NOT SHIP TO ZAMFARA, ONLY LAGOS.

They are not posting NO I WILL NOT SHIP TO NIGERIA WITH DHL, FEDEX ONLY US MAIL.

They are not saying NO I WILL NOT SHIP TO NIGERIA IF GOODS ARE LESS THAT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Finally the these people aren't saying NO I WILL NOT SHIP TO NIGERIA BECAUSE KOBO THINKS BADLY OF NIGERIA

They are saying NO,I WILL NOT SHIP TO NIGERIA. Period!!

Shouldn't that be what we should be focusing on instead of making silly excuses and accusing someone of never having anyhing good to say??

I tell ya, sometimes it is not hard to figure out why our country is the way it is. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by AlhajiPastor: 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2012
DON'T LET US TRIBALIZE THIS SO THAT IT WON'T DERAIL US FROM THE MAIN TOPIC. 'WE' ARE ALL 'YAHOO YAHOO'; EITHER IBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA.

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
I am sure if you wire the funds to the seller and talk to them over the phone they will send your parcels. You need to understand that the sellers are protecting themselves from fraudsters who buy things with people's credit cards and fake money orders. Call your seller, create friendship, send someone to go inspect your goods before shipment and pay via wire transfer from your Nigeria bank account. Just my 2 cents.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mavinc4u(f): 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2012
BizBooks: I forgot to add something else and that is: If you ship a package to Nigeria, and the
recipient fails to collect it from the Post Office, it will most likely be returned to you.
This has happened to me twice. In one instance, I shipped a box containing 10 laptops. My
contact failed to collect the box from the Post Office and it was returned to me here in the
US intact with nothing missing despite the fact that the box was clearly marked as containing
laptops.

this is not true at all.ship it back to you ko abi ni.the least they can do for you if you are lucky is to call the receiver to come and carry it becos of what they will gain and if they didn't get the receiver,they will swallow it and consider the package yahoo and lost or rather misrouted to Niger like they use to claim unless you are a staff of ems.if you talkiing about nipost,i can still believe some how but if is ems forget,they have totally changed.nipost is better than ems now.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Next2Bezee(m): 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't blame them either. I have experienced it first hand and even had to reconsider my decision to send to Nigeria.

And how does this concern me? If i want something shipped over here there are a lot of EAGER wholesalers and businesses that would just that and i am sure to receive it.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Aug 01, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
They saying simply NO, I WILL NOT SHIP TO NIGERIA. Period!!

Shouldn't that be what we should be focusing on instead of making silly excuses and accusing someone of never having anyhing good to say??

I tell ya, sometimes it is not hard to figure out why our country is the way it is. undecided

You are asking too much of these minds.

I essentially had to pack up on the business idea I had and have since been scoping out other ways to do the same without having to charge clients astronomical prices for shipping via FEDEX, DHL or all other private services out there. The problem is definitely from the Nigerian end and needs to be confronted.

All this deflecting these things dey do for here no dey help them at the end of the day. Nigeria has a bad name, just simply because of Yahoo Yahoo but because the system is not working right and these companies know it for a fact.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by livapul86(m): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2012
Please guys, am sorry for posting this here but I am getting conflicting opinions
about this. I recently bought some clothes
online for me and my younger brother, and am
being told that the clothes might be confiscated
at the post office when I go to retrieve them because the Importation of clothes to the country is illegal. Pls,
to those of you that Import clothes, how true is
this? Would I be harassed at the Post office?
Awaiting your answers.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2012
livapul86: Please guys, am sorry for posting this here but I am getting conflicting opinions
at the post office when I go to retrieve them because the Importation of clothes to the country is illegal. Pls,
Awaiting your answers.

NO you should not be harassed by anyone for purchasing clothing. But I cannot speak for EMSPOST.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2012
Next2Bezee:

And how does this concern me? If i want something shipped over here there are a lot of EAGER wholesalers and businesses that would just that and i am sure to receive it.

Good for you. But since when did the availability, or none, of eager retailers, wholesalers, etc have anything to do with the problems we are talking of here? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2012
torkaka: see what okoro people [/b]have done to nigeria cry, duping people and calling themselves [b]"INTA NA CION NAL" business men! angry abeg somebody give dem biafra sharp sharp - THE LAND OF THE RISING SCAMMERS SUN grin grin
when a fo-ool like u talk we will know. Go outside and look up to the sky and swear that you have never cheat someone before.and see if thunder won't fire your entire family. Mo-Ron.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by aryzgreat: 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2012
PLEASE HOW DO I INVITE EFCC TO ARREST DIS YAHOO GUYS AT ISOLO? BUMPED INTO A CYBER CAFE TO PRINT AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT AND 90% OF THE GUYS THERE WERE SENDIMG SCAM MAILS WHILE 1 WAS SPEAKING TO A VICTIM IN AN ARAB ACCENT. IMMEDIATELY I ENTERED ALL OF THEM TURNED THEIR CRIMINAL EYES TOWARDS ME WHILE MINIMISING THEIR WINDOWS. I WENT THERE THE NEXT DAY AND SAW D SAME SET OF GUYS.

PLS I WANT THESE IDLE MINDS ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY, HOW DO I DO IT?

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by henrychubayo: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Probably because they have experienced the bad side of the shipping mishaps. If all you have experienced is shipping via DHL, which is more expensive on average, then what I will ask is what you are on about.
In 2010, I sent about 10 packages to Nigeria, and about 5 of them went missing as soon as they hit Nigeria. What do you think I would do after that experience? Continue sending packages and sing praises of how it is safe to ship to Nigeria still? Of course not, I will pull back and wait to see improvement in the services, and the onus is not on me to prove the system works. The system down there needs to be able to prove it works.
I really need to correct something here. If you want to send goods to nigeria or anywhere, its nice you get it registered at the post office before sending it. Registering it will help them return it to you in case of no delivery and delivery to the right person. I probably guess that you parcel lost because you never registered it but just did ordinary sending. When i was in nigeria, i have received different packages of laptop, medicines, books and cd plates at different times from nigerian post office send to me from america. Our post office has really improved from 2002 upwards. So when you send or shipp packages containing goods, please don't forget to register it. With registration, the office where its stolen or lost will be identified and held responsible because each department or office must acknowledge the recipient of package bearing registration no.... That is how it goes
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
livapul86: Please guys, am sorry for posting this here but I am getting conflicting opinions
Awaiting your answers.
Always check with the customs to ascertain what can be imported. Importation of used cloths are illegal and some franchise dealers also have exclusive licenses to import certain brands.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
aryzgreat: PLEASE HOW DO I INVITE EFCC TO ARREST DIS YAHOO GUYS AT ISOLO? BUMPED INTO A CYBER CAFE TO PRINT AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT AND 90% OF THE GUYS THERE WERE SENDIMG SCAM MAILS WHILE 1 WAS SPEAKING TO A VICTIM IN AN ARAB ACCENT. IMMEDIATELY I ENTERED ALL OF THEM TURNED THEIR CRIMINAL EYES TOWARDS ME WHILE MINIMISING THEIR WINDOWS. I WENT THERE THE NEXT DAY AND SAW D SAME SET OF GUYS.

PLS I WANT THESE IDLE MINDS ARRESTED IMMEDIATELY, HOW DO I DO IT?

Find the email address of the Police and their phone number and call asap.

https://www.nairaland.com/997704/policemonitor-npf.gov.ng-e-mail-fight-crime
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mistakay: 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
i have shipped thousands of packages from the usa nothing ever got lost,even they get lost is from the other end especially if its routed thru chicago to lagos, the best is if it got dispatched from jfk new york there is 99.9 chance it will arrive perfectly and the average time now is 6 to 7 days.One of my package i noticed it exited thru florida i knew some thing was wrong cos its either newyork or chicago for lagos packages,the next 2 days i traced the package to Nicaragua they had to correct it if not they will say nigerians stole the package,and a baby bed from amazon there from usps they sent it to pakistan had to fight for it as well and it rerouted.The person who said out of 10 packages 5 got lost is just a terrible liar

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hubmart Omole: Inside The Hubmart Store Omole Branch (photos) / Diamond Bank Apapa Fire Incident: Bank Management Releases Official Statement / Why You Should Beware Of Unlicensed Online Small Loan Apps/websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.