Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) (26069 Views)

Scam Alert For Online Sellers / Post And Expose Your Bad Experience With Online Sellers. / Buy Cheap And Enjoy Free Shipping To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 1:39am On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:
You should not be able to NEGOTIATE a customs fee . . . it is basically TAX on goods imported. If you are able to negotiate TAX, how fair would that then be?

You should not be able to negotiate a Customs fee? This is Nigeria we are talking about.
You have completely lost me. I have now given up.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 1:43am On Aug 02, 2012
BizBooks:

You should not be able to negotiate a Customs fee? This is Nigeria we are talking about.

Again, your NIGERIA has a fees chart. Anything not according to the chart should be QUESTIONED and so is NOT FAIR or LEGAL. Stop with the twists and turns and admit it is what it is . . . not continue to PRETEND you do not know what it is.

https://www.customs.gov.ng/Tariff/sections.php
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 1:44am On Aug 02, 2012
BizBooks:

Don't give up yet, please continue... grin grin grin
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Chrisvicmall: 1:58am On Aug 02, 2012
For people that ship to Nigeria, it is highly recommended that you use DHL, FEDEX , or UPS as your shipping option. I can bet my last kobo that Kobojunkie didn't use any of the shipping services I mention though I don't blame him. I have never heard of a missing product when you use any of these services no matter the location.

Though there are legitimate Nigerians that wants to purchase things online but the bad eggs are not making things else. For example, on our website Chrisvicmall(google it), we offer sellers the opportunity to sell their products to Nigeria without worry and also buyers to buy product without the need for a credit card or paypal. One day a buyer can to our website to purchase things, he start with paypal format and claim that he has already paid for the item. After verifying, I told the buyer that he is a complete scammer. The upon knowing that we know his trick, confessed that he is a scammer trying to make a living. Without shame, he was asking us for money and saying that we are stingy.

For guys that has shop on EBAY,AMAZON, etc that wants to reach Nigeria customers, we welcome you to use our service(Chrisvicmall). We highly recommend that you use DHL as the shipping option. Use our service, and I promise you won't worry about being scam again.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 2:07am On Aug 02, 2012
Chrisvicmall: For people that ship to Nigeria, it is highly recommended that you use DHL, FEDEX , or UPS as your shipping option. I can bet my last kobo that Kobojunkie didn't use any of the shipping services I mention though I don't blame him. I have never heard of a missing product when you use any of these services no matter the location.

Though there are legitimate Nigerians that wants to purchase things online but the bad eggs are not making things else. For example, on our website Chrisvicmall(google it), we offer sellers the opportunity to sell their products to Nigeria without worry and also buyers to buy product without the need for a credit card or paypal. One day a buyer can to our website to purchase things, he start with paypal format and claim that he has already paid for the item. After verifying, I told the buyer that he is a complete scammer. The upon knowing that we know his trick, confessed that he is a scammer trying to make a living. Without shame, he was asking us for money and saying that we are stingy.

For guys that has shop on EBAY,AMAZON, etc that wants to reach Nigeria customers, we welcome you to use our service(Chrisvicmall). We highly recommend that you use DHL as the shipping option. Use our service, and I promise you won't worry about being scam again.

Hey maestro, @Kobojunkie has made it clear that @Kobojunkie uses USPS! I am not ashamed of that and I am not going to be forced to use DHL, FEDEX or UPS.

Also, @Kobojunkie has stated so many times now that Nigerians should not have to be forced to pay exorbitant prices to have goods shipped to them when they can as well demand better services from their National Postal Service. I don't see the sense in paying $250 or there abouts to ship an item that cost about $400 bucks. I should be able to save my customers money at the end of day.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Chrisvicmall: 2:27am On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Hey maestro, @Kobojunkie has made it clear that @Kobojunkie uses USPS! I am not ashamed of that and I am not going to be forced to use DHL, FEDEX or UPS.

Also, @Kobojunkie has stated so many times now that Nigerians should not have to be forced to pay exorbitant prices to have goods shipped to them when they can as well demand better services from their National Postal Service. I don't see the sense in paying $250 or there abouts to ship an item that cost about $400 bucks. I should be able to save my customers money at the end of day.

My guy I understand your point. Sometimes DHL,FEDEX,and UPS might suck you raw but will you blame them when the post office service sucks. To make things worst, they sometimes open the parcel.

Though DHL,FEDEX, and UPS seem expensive does it make any different using Post Office service when they(Post Office) will charge your customers before giving them the item.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by domiron: 2:37am On Aug 02, 2012
Fraudsters, scammers, what ever, wonder who thought us how to scam?. Now they get bitten by the students they thought, and they are complaining...Those of you who hate 9ja for a selected few are knuckle heads...If you don't want to ship, don't ship, keep your goods to yourselves...eat them if you choose to. But don't go on and on about scam in 9ja without doin anything about it...If you can't do anything about it...pls, shusshshsh!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Aug 02, 2012
Chrisvicmall:

My guy I understand your point. Sometimes DHL,FEDEX,and UPS might suck you raw but will you blame them when the post office service sucks. To make things worst, they sometimes open the parcel.

Though DHL,FEDEX, and UPS seem expensive does it make any different using Post Office service when they(Post Office) will charge your customers before giving them the item.

I wanted so much to sell books to people in Nigeria. Even used books but imagine purchasing a book for about 50 cents to $1 from one of the stores here, and charging $50 to ship it to Nigeria via UPS/DHL/FEDEX. It does not make sense to me.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by dayokanu(m): 3:06am On Aug 02, 2012
BizBooks:

Says who? Test questions are still used by Western Union for Nigeria even if you're sending
as little as $100.

P.S: My statement refers to the US only. It may not be true for other countries.

Moneygram last week said the question was no longer mandatory but I still added it so they wont give my sister problems in Nigeria when receiving
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 3:15am On Aug 02, 2012
BizBooks:

grin grin grin Well in the course of this discussion, we have heard from folks in the UK, South
Africa, USA, Canada and other countries in Europe and Asia. So it wouldn't hurt if one
explains the acronym USPS. If you know what it means, others may not.

I feel you bros, I just dey pull ur legs.

Explain away jare. Tish us wat we need to learner.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by cuteonyii(m): 3:17am On Aug 02, 2012
BizBooks:

Unless you are using DHL or similar courier services, the city or location matters. Here in
the US, many Sellers expressly say "WE DO NOT SHIP TO ALASKA AND HAWAII". Both
states are in the US but they are regarded as the interior parts of the US.
I disagree with u.
I live in Hawaii and ship stuff from any where to hawaii..plus hawaii is not interior part of usa . Hawaii is one of the states in usa. If a particular seller do not want to ship to hawaii or alaska doest mean those two states are interior.
however it could depend on the item u r trying to ship. eg i wanted to buy and ship perfume from a seller, but they said no. But other itmes yes..
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 3:18am On Aug 02, 2012
manny4life:

LOL...

Now you see, when I add to what you've said, this dude called Kingoflag will come out attacking me for no just cause.

Dude, I'm not attacking you. Chill. Oya no vex. I was just pulling your legs o. Its not that serious.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 3:20am On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I watched the stream today on Aljazeera, and the topic of discussing was on how in some countries, even in Africa, there were about 1 Psychologists/Psychiatrist to 200 thousand people, in some cases 1 to half a million. Your post reminded me of that problem and the fact that it is not even now being actively combated by African Governments.

Lmaoooooooooo
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 3:32am On Aug 02, 2012
cuteonyii:
I disagree with u.
I live in Hawaii and ship stuff from any where to hawaii..plus hawaii is not interior part of usa . Hawaii is one of the states in usa. If a particular seller do not want to ship to hawaii or alaska doest mean those two states are interior.
however it could depend on the item u r trying to ship. eg i wanted to buy and ship perfume from a seller, but they said no. But other itmes yes..

By interior, I do not mean bush or under-developed. But it is a known fact that Alaska and
Hawaii are not within the continental USA. As you are aware, from the 48 contiguous US
states, there is no road to Alaska or Hawaii. The only way to get there is either by sea or
air. So to ship an item to Alaska or Hawaii, you either use Media or Standard Mail which
are very slow (sometimes as slow as 4 weeks by sea) or Priority Mail which is more expensive.

Personally, I do not ship to Alaska and Hawaii with very few exceptions.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by sydneyobioha(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2012
torkaka: see what okoro people [/b]have done to nigeria cry, duping people and calling themselves [b]"INTA NA CION NAL" business men! angry abeg somebody give dem biafra sharp sharp - THE LAND OF THE RISING SCAMMERS SUN grin grin
You are a very big fool for saying that. I wouldn't like to curse u with god of Amadioha.. Mumu!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by chiefbatiatus(m): 7:23am On Aug 02, 2012
Ibos, Edos, delta and a few other miserable tribes are the MAIN reason for our bad image all over the world. When a culture celebrates money then there are no morals. In the east people only naturally think of themseleves and no regard at all for the interest of others. yorubas also contribute, to hell with all of ya!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 02, 2012
@ billante. If I ship my goods to nigeria using Dhl, do I still pay customs fee and do I need to go to the port to get it or will it be parceled to my store? If any1 else knows d answer to my questions can also help me out. Tnx I am waiting a for a reply
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 02, 2012
sydneyobioha:
You are a very big fool for saying that. I wouldn't like to curse u with god of Amadioha.. Mumu!

oh do curse me with your fraud of a god (amadioha)! grin even your gods are scams shocked

gurujoe:
quit dis yr madness it wont help u

dude i was scammed six times by ediots from the land of the rising sun angry you want me to pretend about it
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 02, 2012
deshclones: This junkie fellow...you never say or see anything good with nigeria..silly Arrow....when professional shippers cumm businessmen like bizbooks,inspired etc have all acknowledged and praised the fact that they ship goods worth millions and they arrive the country intact..you are here yarning dust...a colleague bought furniture worth N800k from marcy.com ,paid online and it arrived intact...i don't believe your story cause you yarn rubbish more than shymmex....moreover what do you have that people will want to steal?...always killing nigeria with your leaking bad mouth. angry angry angry

He/she is entitled to express an opinion. I doubt anything negative anyone says here will make any difference to the way the world perceives Nigeria. I too have sent goods to Nigeria, and then spent weeks chasing up for insurance claims, because the items never got to their recipients. It doesn't really matter whether you believe anyone's stories.

The fact remains Nigeria has a lot of work to do when it comes to integrity. We're talking a country where even family rip each other off, a son will scam his mother, a brother will divert funds sent by his siblings to start a project to his own use, where family don't trust each other etc. Now tell me why a stranger thousands of miles away would want to engage in commerce with a Nigerian in Nigeria?
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 02, 2012
chief batiatus: Ibos, Edos, delta and a few other miserable tribes are the MAIN reason for our bad image all over the world. When a culture celebrates money [/b]then there are [b]no morals. In the east people only naturally think of themseleves and no regard at all for the interest of others. yorubas also contribute, to hell with all of ya!

exactly my thoughts, 70% of easterners are fraudsters while the remaining 30% are hardened armed robbers! IF BIAFRA WAS ACHIEVED, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SCAM CAPITAL OF THE WORLD FACT!!

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by gidig(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2012
I dont know if this covers books because I have bought books online that were delivered to me in Lagos. Well, two out of three were delivered and I contacted the books seller about not seeing the third one. He repaid me my money back and even said if the book eventually gets to me, I should keep it. I used a GTBank Naira account for payment and all debiting and crediting were done online without contacting my banks. Still don't know the mystery behind the third book. planing to buy from another seller in the UK soon.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by TonySpike: 8:31am On Aug 02, 2012
BizBooks: One thing to remember is this: If you are shipping a package to Nigeria, make sure you
include the recipient's phone number. I find this very useful since it appears some
Nigerian Post Offices prefer calling the recipients to come and pick up their packages
instead of delivering to their addresses.
I support this approach. Putting down the sender's and the recipient's phone number is advantageous.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Cleanman(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2012
Tony Spike:
I support this approach. Putting down the sender's and the recipient's phone number is advantageous.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Maleeq(m): 8:55am On Aug 02, 2012
Don't blame them, having fall victim to package loss/theft myself!. According to the courier service: I received and signed for it myself! shocked I tracked the package online, surely it left the UK, got to Nigeria and then my "doppelganger" took delivery of it in Nigeria!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mavinc4u(f): 9:00am On Aug 02, 2012
shymmex: Damn!!! grin grin grin

I remember a guy from Nigeria (Ibadan to be precise) tried to scam me on ebay... The fool had an Asian name, paid me with a paypal account registered to an American address - with a shipping address in Nigeria... grin grin

I just told him; I DON'T SHIP TO NIGERIA, MATE... grin

hey guy,are you for real.is possible for one to have a US registered paypal account and its shipping address is Nigeria.may be someone in American assisted him to open that since Nigerians are not allowed.what is your ebay id to holla you there.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mavinc4u(f): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Really? The sign on Ebay arrrrgggh!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Actually, now that I think of it, it was a Nigerian scammer that cost me my account on Ebay a couple of years ago. Some ninny emailed me about sending the laptop I was selling to him in Nigeria. I exchanged a couple of messages via email thinking that I may be able to help someone who was truly in need. But then the goon told me he could not send payment via western union or something . . . . but by then Ebay locked my account and demanded that I send them verification to prove that I was who I said I was. Why should I send a corporation my driver's licence and bank info for verification??

if you are genuine,you will send it.as for your bank details,didn't they have it before or do you make transaction without them having account or card details.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mavinc4u(f): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2012
gidig: I dont know if this covers books because I have bought books online that were delivered to me in Lagos. Well, two out of three were delivered and I contacted the books seller about not seeing the third one. He repaid me my money back and even said if the book eventually gets to me, I should keep it. I used a GTBank Naira account for payment and all debiting and crediting were done online without contacting my banks. Still don't know the mystery behind the third book. planing to buy from another seller in the UK soon.

my dear,you will see your book if it was shipped,so far is a book unless there is something tempting inside the book.they can't read so they don't need it to avoid reading a chapter that will make them to stop stealing.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mavinc4u(f): 9:59am On Aug 02, 2012
Tony Spike:

yes,if they didn't steal it at the headoffice and say they didn't receive it.will you know? Of course not.when tracked,it says nothing and you will stupidly believe them without knowing that they have swallowed your package and claimed not received
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by akinalabi(m): 10:35am On Aug 02, 2012
Many of them won't ship to Nigeria (and even accept payments) from Nigeria because they have heard a lot of terrible things about us. You cant really blame them for doing that. Its up to us to clean our image.

I believe its an issue of mindset with those sellers and not parcels going missing at the post office. There is no statistics to prove that goods get missing more in Nigeria than the countries they ship to. Even if you offer to pay the insane DHL charges, they still won't budge. Amazon ships books to Nigeria till tomorrow but independent amazon sellers dont. See?

I took on a staff of clickbank about sending checks to Nigeria. He couldnt find any reason why they are not. Just kept yapping. I said what about with DHL only, he just found one excuse and walked away.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by supereagle(m): 10:52am On Aug 02, 2012
To hell with the people who are not ready to do biz with Naija. I av received valuable parcels from Canada and Netherland several times . Those people av not complained of Naija as not trustworthy.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by freeman11(m): 11:21am On Aug 02, 2012
i have able to buy books only from Amazon. when it comes to other products like electronics and or clothings they tell you it cannot be shipped. why the discrimination on the types of products itself. again UPS and DHL have never charged me extra for the books.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 11:35am On Aug 02, 2012
mavinc4u:

if you are genuine,you will send it.as for your bank details,didn't they have it before or do you make transaction without them having account or card details.

um . . . what does IF I AM GENUINE I will send it mean? I tell you that I don't believe in sending anything at that cost and you posit that if I am genuine I will. Are you suggesting my belief is not genuine? I really don't know what genuine means in this context.

um . . . they have you ENTER your information but having PROOF that you are really the owner of the account details is ANOTHER THING ENTIRELY. And that usually entails verifying you via ID or even SS#, and what bank details? I told you I got something in the mail asking me to send proof of my identity in order to continue as a seller on eBay, you are asking me of my bank details. Please learn to READ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why You Should Beware Of Unlicensed Online Small Loan Apps/websites / Palm Oil Biz.. How I Lost My First Capital / Diamond Bank Apapa Fire Incident: Bank Management Releases Official Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.