Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (203239 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 5:32am On Jan 20, 2013
Partial front view
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 20, 2013
More side view

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 5:45am On Jan 20, 2013
I could post more pictures but the system refuses to accept some of the pictures because it says the pictures are over 200 kb. But I am getting ready to roof the project and I would need constructive suggestions from everyone with knowledge here. I have seen bad finishing done in Nigeria and I would need quality finishings. So far the masons and the contractor did a clean job and I would like to maintain the standard.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:41am On Jan 20, 2013
omonuan: I could post more pictures but the system refuses to accept some of the pictures because it says the pictures are over 200 kb. But I am getting ready to roof the project and I would need constructive suggestions from everyone with knowledge here. I have seen bad finishing done in Nigeria and I would need quality finishings. So far the masons and the contractor did a clean job and I would like to maintain the standard.

My friend! Long time, I can see you have been doing something about your hostel project. I am happy it is now on the roofing stage.
Please go back to the picture file and work on these your pictures, rotate them se we don't bend our neck trying to view the fine works.
Who told you that criticism will ever end? Keep doing what you are doing and do it well. Leave the rest for others to judge. What type of roofing sheets are you planning to use? Long span aluminium, step tiles aluminium or stone coated tiles?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 1:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hi Spyder, I am about to start my project now and hopefully willbe posting pictures, however, i got my first shock/surprise today, just be stepping into the land and i got hit with these fee called comunity fee and i asked for a breakdown. here it goes

Chairman and executive N78,000
Drinks for d boys. N22,000
Task force N4,000
Vigilante. N5,000
Total N109,000

Is this what happens in Nigeria over 100K gone with nothing going directly into cement, sand, etc, Spyder do you have to pay for stuff like these on your projects or the client already took care of them
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
spyder880:

My friend! Long time, I can see you have been doing something about your hostel project. I am happy it is now on the roofing stage.
Please go back to the picture file and work on these your pictures, rotate them se we don't bend our neck trying to view the fine works.
Who told you that criticism will ever end? Keep doing what you are doing and do it well. Leave the rest for others to judge. What type of roofing sheets are you planning to use? Long span aluminium, step tiles aluminium or stone coated tiles?

Thanks for your kind words. I will try to do what you suggested about the pictures when I get to the office tomorrow. Right now I am using IPad and it makes things even harder because I do not know how to manipulate pictures like I do on PCs.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 2:53am On Jan 21, 2013
jites: Hi Spyder, I am about to start my project now and hopefully willbe posting pictures, however, i got my first shock/surprise today, just be stepping into the land and i got hit with these fee called comunity fee and i asked for a breakdown. here it goes

Task force N4,000
Vigilante. N5,000
Total N109,000

Is this what happens in Nigeria over 100K gone with nothing going directly into cement, sand, etc, Spyder do you have to pay for stuff like these on your projects or the client already took care of them
When your contractor and workers dey give estimate and blow grammar like preliminary, sub-structure, and supper-structure you no know say this dey come lol! Anyway, yes there are fees you pay for absolutely nothing before your work start. I paid about N120k to those omo-onile during foundation, another N100 or N120k during decking, and I will pay them another N100k or so during roofing too! So, na so e be but yours is kind of too much comparing the location and size of the property intended.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 2:57am On Jan 21, 2013
omonuan: I could post more pictures but the system refuses to accept some of the pictures because it says the pictures are over 200 kb. But I am getting ready to roof the project and I would need constructive suggestions from everyone with knowledge here. I have seen bad finishing done in Nigeria and I would need quality finishings. So far the masons and the contractor did a clean job and I would like to maintain the standard.
Wow! Ol'boy well done! This is no joke at all. Anybody that have build a house before or presently building one now knows what's involved financially in undertaking such project! God will see you through!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 21, 2013
prince_onx:
Wow! Ol'boy well done! This is no joke at all. Anybody that have build a house before or presently building one now knows what's involved financially in undertaking such project! God will see you through!

Thanks man. You are correct! I have exceeded my initial budget to complete the project at this stage and I am yet to roof it.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 7:48am On Jan 21, 2013
prince_onx:

My people, whenever I see a man building a house, I will upgrade my respect and admiration for his efforts. It is not easy at all!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 7:58am On Jan 21, 2013
jites: Hi Spyder, I am about to start my project now and hopefully willbe posting pictures, however, i got my first shock/surprise today, just be stepping into the land and i got hit with these fee called comunity fee and i asked for a breakdown. here it goes

Task force N4,000
Vigilante. N5,000
Total N109,000

The settlement is a constant thing. In my own house I paid N120k to the youths and community before they allowed me complete the foundation. In some sites I build for clients, if the money is not too big, I pay and don't even inform my client. I settled the men that came on this house with drinks, they prayed for the speedy completion of the work and are still asking me for a goat to complete the prayers grin
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
spyder880:

The settlement is a constant thing. In my own house I paid N120k to the youths and community before they allowed me complete the foundation. In some sites I build for clients, if the money is not too big, I pay and don't even inform my client. I settled the men that came on this house with drinks, they prayed for the speedy completion of the work and are still asking me for a goat to complete the prayers grin

@ Spyder and Prince_ onx, wow, i think this is a wrong practice but i know it doesn't matter what i think at the moment, its something the guys in Nigeria are used to and what they expect but its really encouraging a very bad culture. Why should one have to pay money for wanting to build a house after buying a land, or pay for when you start foundation and pay for when you are about to do decking, this is a joke.. Youth and community my.... so will they give the money to all the youth and community people in the town? Anyway, thats my rant over, but should i feel good that the great Spyder is also paying these sort of meaningless levy that is tantamount to extortion, NO!! someone said its so that they dont come and steal your stuff, you what? its not on, its not the amount of money that bothers me its the principle of it. ITS JUST NOT RIGHT just like we got used to having police men on the high way collecting money from driver in the name of show your particular... show your particular ke show me 20 naira ni.
I guess if you cant beat them you just join them cos apparently if you dont pay you wont be able to build cos they will cos you endless trouble. Even Prince_onx is already prepared to pay 100k not for nails or wood for the roof but just for the fact that he is now roofing- A KIND OF PENALTY FOR WANTING TO ROOF HIS HOUSE, I guess there would also be a fee for living in the house then!! but somebody, some very bold body needs to look into this and address it.
And i can bet they someone with a title as Chairman of the community youths, an iliterate who drives a Jeep and own a massive house with the proceed from other hardworking people trying to build a house for their family.. Iliterate? yes, cos if you are educated you would know that being Chairman of some area boys is not actually a job description, imagine billing me for drinks for area boys!!!! do you how many boys are in the area, if you want a drink there is river Ethiope go there and drink as much as you like. Anyway, if my post offend anyone, i have no apologies to offer cos i cant apologise for a practice that is wrong. Go and get a job and a life!!!!

@ prince_onx you will never let me forget the grammar of preliminery and sub structure lol
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:00am On Jan 22, 2013
@ Jites, please dont call me great yet, till I can successfully crash the price of building houses by 50% through the introduction of alternative building techniques. Or by introducing an alternative building process, material that will be both safe and beautiful

On the illegal charges, the police, govt. agencies and the public are not interested in helping to solve the problem so there is little we can do. I have fought that war while trying to build a 6 flats in 1998, called in the police, wrote petitions and stood up to them for days, in the end the money I lost was bigger than what I should have paid the community youths. That was in my younger days when I was much more headstrong.
In Nigeria, you construct your own road, drill your own borehole and buy poles and wires to connect electricity and still you pay the jobless youths to allow you work. It is a pity but my people always says that whenever a bad practice is sustained for up to a year, it replaces the traditions.

Illegal charges for property development is now a tradition in Nigeria, sad.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 23, 2013
picks

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
We have almost concluded everything about the wood work in this duplex.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
artworks grin

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
Looking at the completed roof from the back of the duplex

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
The roof height definitely looks taller when you look at it from a distance.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
We will soon get the funds for the roofing tiles and we will cap this house.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
@ Spyder, finally i have summoned courage to start, thanks to you and prince_onx, i want to thank you for making me believe that it can be done, its a small start but its a start. As i stated before i am starting with the BQ with an attached store. i will be attaching picture as they go along. We have dug a borehole to ease water problem during the main contruction and for the poultry.
First picture is the picture of the land before we cleared it.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
moreeee making steady progress and my belle is just sweeting me, the truth is i never ever thought i would one day embark on a building project men of God dedicating the foundation- except the LORD build the house the builder build but in vain. Also, taking a clue from Spyder, i instructed them to dig the suckaway and used the sand for some filling, saving some cost there. Please excuse the bum crack of the guy carrying the block.
@ Prince_onx no vex that i am starting with the BQ i know you said i should just start with the bungalow, but i promise i will complete all of them one by one ans smal small by small small by the grace of GOD. no body dey pursue me and na small small dem they drink hot pepper soup, as long as they dont give me preliminary and sub preliminary cost lol

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Fhemmmy: 11:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
jites: moreeee making steady progress and my belle is just sweeting me, the truth is i never ever thought i would one day embark on a building project men of God dedicating the foundation- except the LORD build the house the builder build but in vain. Also, taking a clue from Spyder, i instructed them to dig the suckaway and used the sand for some filling, saving some cost there. Please excuse the bum crack of the guy carrying the block.
@ Prince_onx no vex that i am starting with the BQ i know you said i should just start with the bungalow, but i promise i will complete all of them one by one ans smal small by small small by the grace of GOD. no body dey pursue me and na small small dem they drink hot pepper soup, as long as they dont give me preliminary and sub preliminary cost lol

Congratulations and the Lord that started it will see you till the end . . . .

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Jussi(m): 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
I salute your courage, well done.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 12:15am On Jan 24, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Congratulations and the Lord that started it will see you till the end . . . .
Oga Fhemmmy thanks, na GOD's power o, it's well
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 12:16am On Jan 24, 2013
Jussi: I salute your courage, well done.
@Jussi, thanks, it's the LORD's doing
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Demainman1: 12:22am On Jan 24, 2013
@jites, Welldone sir! It will be nice if you start a new thread with such title as "Cost of building a 2-bed BQ" showing us cost breakdown and all. Thank you.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:48am On Jan 24, 2013
jites: @ Spyder, finally i have summoned courage to start, thanks to you and prince_onx, i want to thank you for making me believe that it can be done, its a small start but its a start. As i stated before i am starting with the BQ with an attached store. i will be attaching picture as they go along. We have dug a borehole to ease water problem during the main contruction and for the poultry.
First picture is the picture of the land before we cleared it.

Yesoooooo! grin (popping champagne)

My man this is great news, and I urge you to "enter action with boldness", may God continue to provide you with means to sustain this project till the end. I will be looking forward to see the works in progress and finally, the completed and painted house. I am sure all the guys here will continue to add positively to this your project. I am sure Prince-Onx will be delighted to see this.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by FLORIDACAR: 12:49am On Jan 24, 2013
@Spyder, good job you are doing here prof., another silent looker like to know your total cost so far at this stage? Base on last pics you posted .
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:53am On Jan 24, 2013
Jussi: I salute your courage, well done.

My Oga, happy new year o grin I don't need to ask because I know yours has also reached advanced stages?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:58am On Jan 24, 2013
FLORIDACAR: @Spyder, good job you are doing here prof., another silent looker like to know your total cost so far at this stage? Base on last pics you posted .

As I usually do, I calculate and post all costs at the end of each stage. The roofing stage is still ongoing and it will be difficult arriving at the exact cost as at today. But I think we should have spent something like N6.8m or a little more.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by FLORIDACAR: 1:05am On Jan 24, 2013
No one but Spider... Any link u can direct me to see some of your duplet design or some 3D? 4 or 5!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by FLORIDACAR: 1:11am On Jan 24, 2013
No one but Spider. Accuracy, efficient and open simple arithmetic is your watchword! Please post any link where I can see some duplets design or 3D ?thank you sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.