Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions (41294 Views)

Nigeria’s Biggest Pastor Erects Occult Symbols All Over Terrain / Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 24, 2012
Mannylex: I really dont understand the part in the picture of "Wait a moment, what if he was this, a POPE!" that looked and sounded like an insult! Whichever way, all i can say is BUSINESS is GOOD! It is really booming.
don't mind the permed hair pastor! He has always been a hater of the catholic church! He doesn't say good about the pope. May God have mercy on his followers who are deceived by his teachings.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Mannylex(m): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2012
berem: Lemme believe this was photoshopped.but if its actually true,then Chris Oyakhilome has passed his boundaries! He has really derailed from the actual teachings of christ!
That stuff wasnt Photoshopped in anyway, its actually a birthday present from what i can see on the bill board. And am sure he saw that stuff before it was erected and prolly, he laughed over it.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by ANYPEN(m): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2012
Am tempted to say this is stupidity in the highest order but then, I think it is even more of a great confusion on the part of the pastor. How will you reconcile being a Superman to being a pope & a united state president, then a doctor...... This man is simply insanely confused.

Someone is indirectly calling himself GOD here.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by aletheia(m): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2012
petres_007: I'm not surprised its come to this. They're just moving a little faster than I thought.
Quite right.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by dammytosh: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2012
Can we use our brains for once instead of senseless assault for no reason ? As much as i am not a fan of any Nigerian Pastor, The bill board above was done by some church members in preparation for his birthday.

They were just trying to be creative. See it from that angle instead of unnecessarily attacking the innocent passtor (innocent in this case i mean.)

This bill board is a birthday wish board not errected by Pastor Chris as the headline says.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nwogbe: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2012
The more u look the less u see. Hahahaha i still dey laugh.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by alpattini(m): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2012
God said we'ld not judge but let me ask, Is this bill board advert judging? If he were this or that even Pope? and people who elected the bill board said "they would have NOT been where they are NOW". ARE THEY JUDGING OTHERS??
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by dadicvila(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2012
killuminati: bros you no get work? Abeg cum wash my dirty, stinky boxers for me. Thanks in advance! grin
ya papa,Ewu lyk you,who dash u boxers??
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Super1759: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2012
berem: don't mind the permed hair pastor! He has always been a hater of the catholic church! He doesn't say good about the pope. May God have mercy on his followers who are deceived by his teachings.
do you have any evidence to back your statement. I have never heard him blasphem against churches. Stop hating
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Lordmike: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2012
If Jesus had not died for me and you what would have happend. This is the correct information please and why the Pope there, you will be shocked on the last day to see many catholics in Heaven, is not by church but by Attitude,Holiness,Love for God and humanity.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by kelvincoll(m): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2012
dominique: Pastor Chris the superman? the pope?? the president i dont even know to say undecided

So he would be interested in being the pope? shocked shocked shocked. after they criticize catholics
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by scorpio1(m): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2012
is Jesus who came to earth and died for us no longer worthy of a banner? but an ordinary man that is supposed to be working for christ is being given all this glory?
All my christ embassy friends.."know the truth, for it is only the truth that shall set you free...!"
For God does not share his glory with any man, he is the author and finishet of our faith and not any man...do not bring your pastor to doom by praise-singing for God is no respecter of man...what he did to Nebuchadnezar, he can do to any pompous leader today!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by dmainboss: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2012
KweenAdz: U guys better be careful wt wat you say abt d anointed of God..Lest U incur d wrath of God

Where on earth did you guys get this doctrine from that God destroys those who say things about a man of God? Where did it ever happen in the new testament?

I don't insult pastors because they are leaders that should be respected but the teaching or doctrine that God will pour his wrath on those who say things about "men of God" is false and only spread by pastors who are afraid of accountability or are doing the wrong thing. If you are a pastor doing the right thing, you wouldn't care what people say and certainly wouldn't wish or pray that they be destroyed. No man is above rebuke and rebuking someone is not the same thing as judging them. To judge a man is to proclaim their final outcome. You have no right to really do that because you don't even know if they have repented while you were judging. But to rebuke men is a different thing. It means you are stating that they are wrong and there is nothing wrong with that. Paul rebuked Peter when he did the wrong thing even though Peter was by far his senior in Christ. And Peter never threatened Paul with the wrath of God.

This Nigerian-enemy mentality has really eating deep.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Super1759: 11:36am On Aug 24, 2012
ANY-PEN :

Who declares who a man of God is?
YOU? the MAN or GOD.
he is anointed by God. He is gifted in teaching jus like d bible said"some are prophet,some are teachers..." Guy stop hating, you cannot assemble kindergaten kids and make them believe your teaching let alone millions of people and elites across the globe. He teaches sound doctrine and far more expository than most church owners. Abeg leave him jare
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by surmeister(m): 11:37am On Aug 24, 2012
What d billboard is saying is dis. Imagine all d people represented dere by pastor Chris has his understanding of d tins of God an act accordingly d world wud have been a better place.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by dmainboss: 11:39am On Aug 24, 2012
KweenAdz: U guys better be careful wt wat you say abt d anointed of God..Lest U incur d wrath of God

Where on earth did you guys get this doctrine from that God destroys those who say things about a man of God? Where did it ever happen in the new testament?

I don't insult pastors because they are leaders that should be respected but the teaching or doctrine that God will pour his wrath on those who say things about "men of God" is false and only spread by pastors who are afraid of accountability or are doing the wrong thing. If you are a pastor doing the right thing, you wouldn't care what people say and certainly wouldn't wish or pray that they be destroyed. No man is above rebuke and rebuking someone is not the same thing as judging them. To judge a man is to proclaim their final outcome. You have no right to really do that because you don't even know if they have repented while you were judging. But to rebuke men is a different thing. It means you are stating that they are wrong and there is nothing wrong with that. Paul rebuked Peter when he did the wrong thing even though Peter was by far his senior in Christ. And Peter never threatened Paul with the wrath of God.

This Nigerian-enemy mentality has really eating deep.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by scorpio1(m): 11:44am On Aug 24, 2012
is Jesus who came to earth and died for us no longer worthy of a banner? but an ordinary man that is supposed to be working for christ is being given all this glory?
All my christ embassy friends.."know the truth, for it is only the truth that shall set you free...!"
For God does not share his glory with any man, he is the author and finisher of our faith and not any man...do not bring your pastor to doom by praise-singing for God is no respecter of man...what he did to Nebuchadnezar, he can do to any pompous leader today!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2012
Super1759: do you have any evidence to back your statement. I have never heard him blasphem against churches. Stop hating
do I need to give you evidence? You don't even go to his church yet you defend him as if he is your brother.why not listen to his sermon and preachings very well before you come here and talk nonsense!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by ANYPEN(m): 11:47am On Aug 24, 2012
dammytosh: Can we use our brains for once instead of senseless assault for no reason ? As much as i am not a fan of any Nigerian Pastor, The bill board above was done by some church members in preparation for his birthday.

They were just trying to be creative. See it from that angle instead of unnecessarily attacking the innocent passtor (innocent in this case i mean.)

This bill board is a birthday wish board not errected by Pastor Chris as the headline says.

You call that creativity
& don't you think the members must have gone through all sorts of brain-washing by the pastor to have come up with this? Even if this is not his idea, it is a result of his handy work on people don't you think, you block-head!

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by vislabraye(m): 11:54am On Aug 24, 2012
There's plenty of showmanship and swagger in the church.May be religion should be in the celebrity section.
Today Chris Oyaks, another time Okotie,MFM or winners, don't forget Redeemed or Adeboye.
Most at times they are in the news for the wrong reasons. I don't understand Chris Oyaks motivation for the Billboard.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by ANYPEN(m): 11:55am On Aug 24, 2012
Super1759: he is anointed by God. He is gifted in teaching jus like d bible said"some are prophet,some are teachers..." Guy stop hating, you cannot assemble kindergaten kids and make them believe your teaching let alone millions of people and elites across the globe. He teaches sound doctrine and far more expository than most church owners. Abeg leave him jare

I asked a simple question & you're ranting like this. "who says who a man of God is?"
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by maddock(m): 11:56am On Aug 24, 2012
ANY-PEN :

You call that creativity
& don't you think the members must have gone through all sorts of brain-washing by the pastor to have come up with this? Even if this is not is idea, it is a result of his handy work on people don't you think, you block-head!

You are the one that is the BLOCK HEAD (in capital letter). if not for our dysnfunctional educational and rampact illiteracy the message is very clear. That bill board like the poster before you said is just someone trying to be creative and that is exectly what is missing in your life. Dont our politicians spend more on items of less importance and how have they affected our lives positively. This is exactly why our country is in so deep a mess, because we like chaasing shadows instead of substance. If Pastor Chris has not affected your live then look for whoever has and appreciate that person when he is alive than eulogising them when they die. Afterall GEJ,IBB,Inyanya,2face,Dbanj etc are all there and if they have changed your live positively, why not erect a massive billboard for them and leave those that pastor chris have to appreciate him.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by SisiKill1: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2012
www.nairaland.com/attachments/798002_Oyakhilome_billboard_jpga866a621214a372f387362a4fda24bbb
At first I thought it was one of those billboard ads for GAY MALE STRIPPERS, then I read the message and I wish it was one of those billboard ads for GAY MALE STRIPPERS. undecided

Oh my God! This is the height of sycophancy!! Honestly, I think it is safe to conclude that this church has nothing to do with Christ. They have found their own Jesus and they seem happy with him. . .good for them but the rest of us who believe in the true Christ would rather they called themselves something else but Christians because that. . .they ain't.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by CharlieMaria(m): 11:58am On Aug 24, 2012
Simply put Pastor Chris i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ Anti-Christ. D worst thing a man can do to himself i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ to Ursup the power of God. Since He i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ so big to even Cajole the Pope I may well think that his end i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ near.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Super1759: 11:58am On Aug 24, 2012
berem: do I need to give you evidence? You don't even go to his church yet you defend him as if he is your brother.why not listen to his sermon and preachings very well before you come here and talk nonsense!
I don't attend christ embassy, but I listen to his teachings. I have most of his teachings. I have never heard him speak against any church. Am nt sidinh him but am saying what I knw.he can only make reference to "when we where small and all that.." But he had never criticised or say bad against any church. I dnt hide feelings. Any day he goes against my ethics of christianity I will stop listening to him. I worship God and not man.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 24, 2012
Clairette:

Billy, no matter how hard you wanna try to white-wash ur ill-belief to suit ur washed-out brain, I must remind u that, Billy, u owe Jesus Christ a cry of apology to d outright blasphemy and ridicule of the teaching of Jesus Christ. You owe Christ a cry of apology n pray Christ to lead u aright. Man cannot save u, but Jesus Christ can.
Pretty one, don't be too hard on me. I do not have to apologize to Jesus Christ for what I consider true and what you consider blasphemy. By your assertions, it therefore means that people that existed before the birth of the great Jesus the Christ are sentenced to nonexistent hellfire burning with fire and brimstone. These are mere parables and what Pastor Chris and other modern day Pastors try to take away the cloaks and portray the same Jewish and bible teachings in a clearer light and they deserve the praises and recognition. If you insist that Jesus Christ's posters are supposed to be on billboards and not Pastor Chris', then its your personal opinion. I believe these MOG know deeper truth they are not telling the growing congregations, and that truth is what encourages them to promote self rather than the images of doctrines and dogma as you so desire. Seek the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by malc619(m): 11:59am On Aug 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Pastor Chris is the best thing to happen to them?!!

OMO MEN!! Jesus Died for nothing o.. See as pastors have made Jesus so insignificant..

Pastor Chris like many men of God have reduced Jesus to the level of a mere disciple..

Why shouldn't i agree with you smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by Super1759: 12:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
ANY-PEN :

I asked a simple question & you're ranting like this. "who says who a man of God is?"
I refer you to the book of life..bible. The answer is there
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by zig2ryme04: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
scorpio1: is Jesus who came to earth and died for us no longer worthy of a banner? but an ordinary man that is supposed to be working for christ is being given all this glory?
For God does not share his glory with any man, he is the author and finishet of our faith and not any man...do not bring your pastor to doom by praise-singing for God is no respecter of man...what he did to Nebuchadnezar, he can do to any pompous leader today!

I GUESS U DIDNT KNOW WHAT U WERE SAYING. IF YOU WANT TO PUT THE PICTURE OF JESUS ON A BANNER, WHAT PICTURE WOULD U PUT? DO YOU THINK THE SO CALLED PICTURE IS THE TRUE PICTURE OF JESUS? READ THE BOOK OF REVELATION WHEN JESUS APPEARED TO JOHN IN HIS GLORY, JOHN SAYS HE FELL AS A DEAD MAN SEEING JESUS IN HIS GLORY. YOU HAVING THE SO CALLED PICTURE OF JESUS AS A BANNER IM SORRY FOR YOU, YOU ARE AN IDOL WORSHIPER SINCE YOU DONT KNOW THE TRUE PICTURE WHEN HE WAS ALIVE. ITS BETTER YOU PUT THE PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR THE PICTURE OF YOUR PASTOR AS YOUR SPIRITUAL GUILD BECAUSE, THE BIBLE SAYS WE ARE THE TRUE IMAGE OF GOD AND WE ARE THE GLORY OF GOD. SO DONT SAY GOD WILL NEVER SHARE HIS GLORY WITH ANYONE, THAT WAS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. WHEN YOU READ THE BIBLE YOU WILL SEE WHEN JESUS PRAYED TO THE FATHER AND SAYS ''THE GLORY WHICH THOU HAS GIVEN ME I HAVE GIVEN THEM'' AND THE BIBLE ALSO SAYS WE ARE JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST AND THAT WE ARE TOGETHER WITH CHRIST IN GOD. THE BIBLE ALSO SAYS ''DONT YOU KNOW YE ARE GODS''PSALM 82:6 AND YOU ARE THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF THE FATHER. WHEN YOU READ YOUR BIBLE, YOU WILL SEE WHEN APOSTLE PAUL SAID ''IMITATE ME,JUST AS I IMITATE CHRIST'' (ICORINTHIANS 11:1). WHEN JESUS WAS ENTERING JERUSALEM, PEOPLE WHERE PRAISING HIM BUT HIS DISCIPLES SAID THEY SHOULD SHUT UP BUT JESUS SAID IF THEY CANT PRIASE GOD, HE WILL RAISE STONE TO PRAISE HIM. LEARN TO APPRECIATE YOUR MEN OF GOD.
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by SisiKill1: 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2012
dammytosh: Can we use our brains for once instead of senseless assault for no reason ? As much as i am not a fan of any Nigerian Pastor, The bill board above was done by some church members in preparation for his birthday.

WOW!!!!!!

I tell ya, the way some people think is just. . .FRIGHTENING!!!!!!

How do you try to justify their belief that if he had come before Christ. . .You know, the one who really DIED for our sins (in case you don't remember who that is) their lives will be worse off?

What is creative about saying if he had come as anything else but what he is today, they will be like headless chickens. They have told us categorically that CHRIST. . again, the one who really DIED for our sin (in case you have forgotten who that is) plays no role in their lives.

Like I said earlier, this is not a bad thing. . .they should just stop calling themselves CHRISTIANS and embrace what they really are - IDOL WORSHIPERS!!!!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by TalkWeb44: 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Billyonaire, I feel you bro - god of Man (goM) Chris breaks it down in a language you understand, hence your preference for his teachings.
I know you are easily given to bombast, so shall refrain from passing any more judgement on your earlier comment which locates this pastor and "enlightenment" in the same sentence grin

Am sure some people wants to stone Jesus too when he said "I and my Father are one" equating himself with God! but you don't keep giving what belong to a child to a dog because he can not just comprehend it!
Re: Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions by oloriooko(m): 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2012
this man draws crowd sha.

anytime anything is posted about this man especially on this forum, men, its always a jamboree of comments.

serious there is something about this man that is unusual.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pictures of Hilarious Church Posters / The Meaning Of "The Violent Takes It By Force" In Matthew 12:11 / Zimbabwean Pastor Beaten After Impregnating His Follower (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.