Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know (22347 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures / Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by manosteel(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2012
The fact is that we as a Nation are used to being ruled by Iron hands, stong-will and unforgiving uthoritarians, who often unleash deadly and crippling blows to the poor masses through their economy policies that always left the masses in perpetual pain. So it Will take quite some time before we get use to the quiet, humble, honest and simple style of GEJ Govt. that makes it look as if he is doing nothing.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by COOLDUN: 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
take dat: Abati is the chief saboteur of GEJ's govt always turning Nigerians against his boss.An average Nigerian is less concerned who GEJ has in his cabinet,whether GEJ is a drunk or not,and if his choice of food is fish pepper soup and cassava bread there are millions of Nigerian who cannot afford a tin of cassava flakes(garri).Abati should know that no one need words when actions can do all the talking.We are only interested in PERFORMANCE and not all these useless tales by moonlight

You are very intelligent my dear. He would have told us how GEJ sleeps with his wife too and the colors of his pant and that of his wife too. How the wife keep herself when menstruating. The best choice of their daughter's inner wears. Ruben Abati is doing the president more harm than good. No matter how humble and liberal an American president may be you can never hear this trash from his press secreatry.Nigerians know their Mr. President more than he does. No citizen hates a president that is performing; action speaks louder than words.M.Gaddafi former Libyan leader used to travel from Northern African country to the West Africa by car. Jerry Rawlings of Ghana changed his country with action and not by words.GEJ is not in control take it or leave it. Any performance that is not impacting on the lives of the masses is useless, let us tell ourselves the truth, the only people who see the critics of Mr. President as a crime are tribalists/bigots. I don't believe in a tribe, religion, party, but I believe in an action man that can make a change and not an orator. All the things he mentioned as an achievement of the Mr. President are his duties and not achievements. If Nigerians can reason well, we would have known that most of the campaign promises are our necessities and not a pleasure or gesture, eg, Power, Education, Health, Road, Agricuture, etc.It is the duty of the president to change the living standard of his people, not God from the heaven.Afteall he was the one who choose to rule, no one forced him, why should his duties be celebrated as achievements? The problem of the country is not the rulers but the ruled who are contented with nothing. This is what we will be hearing till 2015.If a clean, free and fair election will be conducted in Nigeria.GEJ will not win my vote. I don't know of you.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by digitalclo: 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
It is right to make people unerstand and follow the developments and positive efforts of government and that's where u get my thumb's up! But you need not to be vulgar @critics as you have said earlier that some are ignorant while other are sponsored. Just keep educating "them" and surely "they will understand with somE concrete physical projects on ground.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by takedat(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2012
BENZINA: Either you are being short of information or just want to hide the truth.To answer your questions(1)The dialogue between the Govt and Boko Haram is 90% complete.(2)The Cabals are all almost exposed, you can find their names in almost all of the dailies,the stolen money is 75% recovered,the Govt shall soon come out with the total figure.(3)On Bakassi,the govt said the UNITY of NIGERIA is non-negotiable,i guess you know what that means.
are you privy to the discussions between boko haram and govt to know if there is a truce.its people like you with paucity of knowledge who believe that government is tackling corruption in the PSF scheme when majority of those who stole the subsidy monies are government officials ie NNPC,PPPRA,DPR,budget office,customs,office of accountant general etc that are all part of the rot still retain thier offices

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by aspabay(m): 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
Before leaving Office, OBJ told us that the power projects he initiated will take 5-10 years to fully materialize. So Oga Jona, stop saying you increased megawatts, don't reap where you did not sow.
Create your own legacies.
BTW how's Patience doing, has she resumed for work @ Bayelsa yet?
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by werepeLeri: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
aspabay: Before leaving Office, OBJ told us that the power projects he initiated will take 5-10 years to fully materialize. So Oga Jona, stop saying you increased megawatts, don't reap where you did not sow.
Create your own legacies.
BTW how's Patience doing, has she resumed for work @ Bayelsa yet?

English Language is your problem. OBJ is still the one in charge of the projects and calling the shots - maybe.

so the problem of Boko Haram and the solution should lay on OBJ then, since the issue started right from OBJ's time?
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by collins123(m): 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: You always like to attack personalities instead of issues on discourse. Did you not study elementary philosophy in year one in the university ? When you do this, you make me think you arent educated enough to hold constructive argument without committing fallacy ad homonium. All am asking is that we pay tax so government can have much money to provide the infrastructures we need and you are attacking my person. You need proper education.

Where 'oyel' money dey go? Why was fuel subsidized? To pay our foreign debts?.

That new laptop still dey freak u.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by stillme(m): 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
Honestly,I need to commend the efforts of Mr president on electricity and road constructions. In these two sectors,I have witness improvement which I didn't see in the previous govts.
I say the truth,nothing but the truth. So help me God.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by BetaThings: 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
][color=#990000:
the distracted crowd of Facebook addicts[/color]

Yet GEJ was the one credited (by Labaran Maku) with bringing facebook to Nigeria.
He was the one who drafted a lot of this people to facebook!
He was the one calling these guys "my friends"
He was the one who converted their facebook posts into a book

So facebook is ok when people are clapping for you
But when they exercise their right to ask questions, they are indolent!!!

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by chreldb(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2012
lavita2: I actually feel insulted by this piece and I am taking this personal. angry Someone needs to tell this blockhead that we have details of how much the president budgeted for his meal this year: a whooping 1 billion naira. whether he chose to starve to death is none of my business. The fact remains that, he's pocketng a whooping 1 billion naira as meal allowance.

Someone also needs to tell this foool that Nigerians are not dumb. that we say we weren't going to vote in a man with no shoes is not a literal statement. It is our own way of saying 'once bitten twice shy'. Now we know, if a dull-looking, humble-speaking retardeen comes our way come 2015, we would think twice about it and not get carried away by pity and sentiments. where's is his sense of humour? gosh!

I did not even read your comment before i posted mine good to know that others are thinking the same. I have never known Abati to look so ridiculous.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by hillsate: 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2012
Only a jobless and clueless person will try to convince people why he is not on paper.

Reuben Abati, your write up is a big shame. You just committed suicide. This write up confirms that you should have remained at Rutham house with dignity. You have lost all respect and when you get thrown away you will realise. About the book you talked about, "We don't give a damn!"
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by basty: 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2012
Abati is out to defend his Garri. I don't blame the poor man because of Okupe on his neck. Every Nigerian is selfish, so be it, If it happens that we were promoted to his position, we would do better than him.
Jonathan without previous experience in a complex society like Nigeria is trying, he will need to satisfy the looters around him to make ways for him. I can see that Yoruba people are marginalized in his Government, nevertheless, he is accountable to the running of his Govt,.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by moshd(m): 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
Truth is stranger than this Reuben Abati's attempt at fictionionalizing a perfect personality for our GEJ.

I and a good number of my generation just wish and only wish Mr. President would walk the talk especially in the area of ridding the presidency and public service of corruption to start with.

And down to me, I am gifted with the innate ability of detecting sincerity of purpose in anyone/leader/boss/superior born of a woman and dont need the likes of Reuben Abati trying so lousily loud to convince me with mere words instead of actions while he is benefitting from the corruption in this government ;and now so bouyant to sponsor the globe-trotting of the outer shores of this country by his family members while alot of the poor masses are further improvised daily due to government's failure to uphold their obligations to the citizenry.

Time will tell as posterity is the greatest judge.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by baslone: 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2012
They say at every meal, the table is decorated with roasted turkey, and every delicacy under the sun. Lies. Lies. This President is not a glutton.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by cdamsel(f): 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
ebamma: PDP is my party i shall not
want,he makes me to lie
down in aso rock
mansion,he leads me to
the post of president,he
restoreth my shoe,he
leads me in the paths of
lootingness for his names
sake.
Yea Though i walk
through the roads of
borno state,i shall fear no
evil,for soldiers and
policemen are with
me,their guns and their
bombs the comfort me
The prepared a bank
account before me,in the
presence of my
enemies,the anoint my
account with bribes,my
balance runs over
Surely Patience and her
english shall follow me,all
the days of my life,and i
shall dwell in my house in
bayelsa forever and ever
Amen.
its sad u wld joke wit a bible passage like dis.there shd b limits 2 joke we crack.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by demmie1: 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
abati would make more wave as a nairalander than wasting govt on craps.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by ujchief(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
Abati to Gej.
'pls, mr. President, dont abandon me now! Dont forget all we've been thru together, i had to turn devil's advocate just for u. Dont forget our meals of fish pepper soup and cassava bread. Dont forget that i even take ur children to school. Dont let be a laughing stock now. Dont forget i coined that 'shoeless phrase' for u. Mr. President, i'm almost thru with that book i'm writing for u, i'm relying on u to make some money from the launching, as all my friends have made it clear they aint gona patronize me. Pls, sir, i promise to start barking when el-rufai tweets again.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by sheyguy: 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
He shld av given a break down of how our president spends all those millions eating normal food instead of deny a mysterious accusation of how they feast of all manner food daily in Aso rock. The man thinks he is very smart sha. . . He shld explain a #1billion yearly feeding budget.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by namdo(m): 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2012
PresGEJ: "President Jonathan is a clever, methodical and intelligent man, who is very adept at wrong footing all the persons who make an effort to second-guess or under-estimate him." - Reuben Abati

I shed tears at this point. This man really knows me.

i dey laffff in ak47 PresGEJ
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by aspabay(m): 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
werepeLeri:

English Language is your problem. OBJ is still the one in charge of the projects and calling the shots - maybe.

so the problem of Boko Haram and the solution should lay on OBJ then, since the issue started right from OBJ's time?

I normally would not respond τ̅☺ ignoramus who want to compare a goat with a lion. But I need to remind Werepe that GEJ has been nothing but a weakling with the manner he's handling bokoharam. Could this nonsense still live if OBJ were president? GEJ said BH will be history by June, problem is, he didn't tell us what year grin grin grin

Werepe wake up τ̅☺ facts and put sentiments aside.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by honeymix77(m): 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
I wonder if he would have been saying this if he was not in jonathan's government.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by taharqa: 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
Pataki:

You are DAFT! What an utter dunderhead you resounding doofus. Do you people think even before hitting your keyboard?! Eediot, Yar'Adua remains the president who ever reduced the price of fuel in Nigeria. Tell me, what was GEJ's new year gift to Nigeria this year? You cretin. Where are the oil subsidy thieves today? How many Nigerian lives have been lost under this administration of this CLUELESS RETARDEEN? No president in Nigeria has EVER had this high astronomical loss of human lives not animals here, high spate of insecurity and gross unemployment that Nigeria is currently been faced with it! You eediots are here praise singing the gutter RETARDEEN of a president.

Eediots like you - your GEJ budgets billions of Naira as feeding allowance, while Reuben tells us his meals are simple. Who is lying to us here? Who are they feeding inside Aso Rock - elephants?

Disgusting eediot.

THis is all you can do INSULT- that is exactly why you guys sound unintelligent every time. How about we should talk about the points cos I dont have the time to trade silly banters with you(believe me you wont dare say your thrash if not on the internet- COWARD).

Now back to the points(hopefully):

1. So the only "achievement" you found for Yar'adua was that he reduced fuel from #70 to #65(This is his achievement for 3 years of presidency, rigth?). So if GEJ reduced the price of petrol to say #30, he becomes the best president in Nigeria's history? And you were saying you are not unintelligent and almost Daft?. How has your little mind forgotten that Yar'adua said he was going to remove subsidy before he died?
2. Oil subsidy thieves are been prosecuted and some of them have already started returning the money they fraudulently took. Maybe you have not been following the news- but how can you with all that HATE in your mind. Tell me which of the President(Obj, Yar'adua) where people also stool did this much, did anything about the corruption in the oil sector? The subsidy payment has also been cleaned-up by the PPPRA which has decreased the no of companies allowed to import the product by more than half and have significantly reduced the volume of product been imported.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/well-call-another-strike-if-government-reneges-after-two-weeks-nupeng/
3. The Security crises created by some of you people to discredit GEJ as some of you promised is been tackled.
4. Your silliness have made you forgotten that the money sat aside to feeding(which has been reduced from #1billion by the way) is NOT for the President alone but for all the hundreds of officials in Aso Rock and their families, guests, state dinners for visiting personalities etc. By the way, where were you guys when the former lords of Aso Rock not only used bigger amounts but also unlike GEJ did not even let you know how much the State House uses. Was that not a "state secret" before? It is the relative transparency of this admin that is giving some of you power mongers a false sense of significance #Hypocrites

Noe respond to my post here: https://www.nairaland.com/1029269/reuben-abati-jonathan-dont-know/1#11945210 without the usual insults and soundbites if you can.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by wellmax(m): 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
werepeLeri:

Werepe, are you in this country at all? Tell me how BH started during OBJ's time. You are indeed a Were
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by kokoA(m): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
IMHO I don't think a president who is really performing need this kind of cheap publicity from his media adviser undecided Fashola's adviser on media need not come out to tell us how fashola eats only ijebu garri before we know the dude is doing a good job in Lagos. My sincere advice for GEJ is "If you believ in your heart that you have the interest of Nigerians at heart,keep doing what you are doing, time will tell",but for now personaly, I think you are not a very good president yet. I might be wrong though. Thanks.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Hugoboi(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Do you pay your taxes ? What is your individual contribution to Nigeria economy ? What have you done for Nigeria ? Do you just wake up and expect manna from heaven ? UNTIL YOU CONTRIBUTE TO NATION BUILDING, YOU HAVE NO REASON TO EXPECT ANYTHING FROM YOUR GOVERNMENTS.

I knew this Billy dude was going to say something stupid and man, I wasn't disappointed. How am I supposed to expect anything from a corrupt, theiving and confused government like Jona's?
As for Abati, he just needs to be ignored. Thais epistle of his is nothing but a lame attempt at rescuing whatever is left of his job.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by BENZINA(m): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
take dat: are you privy to the discussions between boko haram and govt to know if there is a truce.its people like you with paucity of knowledge who believe that government is tackling corruption in the PSF scheme when majority of those who stole the subsidy monies are government officials ie NNPC,PPPRA,DPR,budget office,customs,office of accountant general etc that are all part of the rot still retain thier offices
I can see that you cannot see beyond your nose xnd yet you call yourself a typical Nigerian.Anyway,understand the story very well:Reuben Abati(The Jonathan They Dont Know).
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by crackhouse(m): 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
*lips sealed*
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Toktee(m): 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2012
BENZINA: Either you are being short of information or just want to hide the truth.To answer your questions(1)The dialogue between the Govt and Boko Haram is 90% complete.(2)The Cabals are all almost exposed, you can find their names in almost all of the dailies,the stolen money is 75% recovered,the Govt shall soon come out with the total figure.(3)On Bakassi,the govt said the UNITY of NIGERIA is non-negotiable,i guess you know what that means.
1.so who are they and what are there names, i mean the boko hallam members on the dialogue table with johnadull that translate into 90percent succes and the bombs are still explording., 2.what are the names of the cabals and how much has been recovered frm them.as i awaite your answer,i advice you to do a proper research before you will comeback
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by mkoabiola: 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2012
Well,Abati has said it all,mr president shud not b criticised for no tangible reason.
Anyway,am waiting for Abati to publish his book about mr .president,I will b d 1st to buy no matter d amt.Abati enjoy ursef in Aso rock,bt tell mr prsident to perform very well no matter d level of criticism.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by esere826: 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2012
To Abati and his 40 man Laptop crew

I'm not one to be moved by the sentiments of the crowd. I do appreciate GEJ...... but his shortcomings are mainly his fault.

-He over promised just like all politicians are wont to doing, but so far he has under delivered compared to peoples percieved expectations. The problem was that unlike others before him, the intelligentsia were engaged in the process that birthed him and therefore took his promise seriously. Now they feel short changed, and you can hear their angst and rejection on the social media platforms. This should teach you guys a lesson

-Listening to Reno, during his youtube days I felt he understood effective political battle strategies. I was actually happy when he was co-opted into GEJ's strategy team. I defended him on social media platform when he was called a lap dog by someone in Saharareporters. But somehow, when I see the write up of the 40-man laptop goons, I shake my head in dissapointment. Reno talked about going for political jugulars in order to effect changes. this is exactly what I expected Jonathan to do in his fight against corruption, not pu.ssy footing and talking about legal/due process. Dudes, the law is a bytch, with her eyes blindfolded. In Nigeria (for now), this means one thing only: make her you who.re, or else someone else will.

Jonathan's hands-off approach to corruption, expecting that the system would fight corruption by itself is therefore at best naive. Forget what Obama said about strong institutions vs strong leaders (which the GEJ crew is using as an alibi), the context was very different (I'll not bother to explain here). Corruption has smelled GEJ's fears, and is instead now attacking Jonathan.

- I do not support fuel subsidy, but I was amazed at the silly reasons given for removing it. Plane dumb. In fact you guys need to be flogged for such elevated stupi.dity (cheesy kai, i dey curse this people sha). What you guys came accross as saying to the intelligentsia was simply:

"This corrupt petroleum cabal is too powerful for me the president, to fight, so I will outsource the fight to you Nigerians. Afterall you guys fought for me to be president twice with your lives, you can do it again". Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!

To the man on the streets, you came accross as simply saying: "I don't care about what you think, those before me flogged you with horse whips, I will flog you with barbed wire"

Now imagine the confluence of these two groups of Nigerians. In fact GEJ was lucky that he was not toppled. In fact, if he had done this maybe in 2014 (with the prevailing condition persisting into that time), im for see himself.

-I love that a minority is president (he is definetley not worse than every one that has come before him). As Abati as rightly said, it throws a spanner in the works. We've been used to a certain version of Nigeria, that creates the impression that only people from certain ethnic stock are fit-for-purpose. Imagine the arrogance of Buhari's limited national campaign, thinking that that should hand him the coveted stool; or is it Ribadu's reach for the throne.

While I like both personalities, and don't mean to demean them, ...but what crap. Would a minority have been taken seriously as a presidential material if he was in Ribadu's shoes? Hell NO. I even recall Abati's article criticizing GEJ's dressence as not being national. The reason was simply because we have been used a contrapted definition of Nigeria. Now some are crying foul because 'strange' sounding names are appearing in federal appointments that would never have been given a chance in their damned version of Nigeria. Shame on bigots that litter the Nigerian space, and yet insist that Nigeria remains one entity where they can persistently despoil the vulnerable. In fact ehn, make I no go into the sociological constructs of a nation... you would realise that that says only one thing...WAR and RIOTS

- This is a long writeup, not meant as a simple minded commentary, but I am positive that Abati and some of the brighter of the '40' will read it. Finally, if you guys want redemption, tell your boss that he must go for the kill. He must make a public display (trial and conviction in a short time)of at least one of the biggest fishes in the cesspool of corruption. He musn't wait till someone falls out with him like Ibori did before acting. He shouldn't also bore us with Lamorde's little side shows of comapny staff that steal peanuts.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by PapaBrowne(m): 5:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
Nice piece!!
Looks like you finally understand your job description!!
Why do we always have to wait till when our job is threatened to act the part?? Ehn??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Built On A Satanic Foundation- Femi Fani Kayode / Why Ajaokuta Steel Company Won’t Function Immediately – Minister / Boko Haram Terrorists Planning To Attack Borno Killed By Soldiers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.