Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know (22348 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures / Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Proxytalk: 5:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
The popular saying that only 5% of people thinks and 15% think they are thinking while 80% are not tinking at all is tru abt nigrians. over 80% are walloing in ignorance. instaed of to read and to think and get better.
you win has come 5% thinking has grabed it, now fed govt is rolling out abt 370 thousand job poeple are grabing it while FOOLS are calling the same man thinking out the solution clueless. ppl are calling OBJ this OBJ that OBJ only tried in the economy. hav ppl 4got how elction resul
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by aspabay(m): 5:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
werepeLeri:

English Language is your problem. OBJ is still the one in charge of the projects and calling the shots - maybe.

so the problem of Boko Haram and the solution should lay on OBJ then, since the issue started right from OBJ's time?

Is this Were guy a Nigerian at all? Tell me during OBJ, did we hear of any BH? Even the militants at that time he dealt squarely with them. OBJ knows, just like the Americans, that you don't negotiate with a terrorist.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by BENZINA(m): 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
esere826: To Abati and his 40 man Laptop crew

I'm not one to be moved by the sentiments of the crowd. I do appreciate GEJ...... but his shortcomings are mainly his fault.

-He over promised just like all politicians are wont to doing, but so far he has under delivered compared to peoples percieved expectations. The problem was that unlike others before him, the intelligentsia were engaged in the process that birthed him and therefore took his promise seriously. Now they feel short changed, and you can hear their angst and rejection on the social media platforms. This should teach you guys a lesson

-Listening to Reno, during his youtube days I felt he understood effective political battle strategies. I was actually happy when he was co-opted into GEJ's strategy team. I defended him on social media platform when he was called a lap dog by someone in Saharareporters. But somehow, when I see the write up of the 40-man laptop goons, I shake my head in dissapointment. Reno talked about going for political jugulars in order to effect changes. this is exactly what I expected Jonathan to do in his fight against corruption, not pu.ssy footing and talking about legal/due process. Dudes, the law is a bytch, with her eyes blindfolded. In Nigeria (for now), this means one thing only: make her you who.re, or else someone else will.

Jonathan's hands-off approach to corruption, expecting that the system would fight corruption by itself is therefore at best naive. Forget what Obama said about strong institutions vs strong leaders (which the GEJ crew is using as an alibi), the context was very different (I'll not bother to explain here). Corruption has smelled GEJ's fears, and is instead now attacking Jonathan.

- I do not support fuel subsidy, but I was amazed at the silly reasons given for removing it. Plane dumb. In fact you guys need to be flogged for such elevated stupi.dity (cheesy kai, i dey curse this people sha). What you guys came accross as saying to the intelligentsia was simply:

"This corrupt petroleum cabal is too powerful for me the president, to fight, so I will outsource the fight to you Nigerians. Afterall you guys fought for me to be president twice with your lives, you can do it again". Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!

To the man on the streets, you came accross as simply saying: "I don't care about what you think, those before me flogged you with horse whips, I will flog you with barbed wire"

Now imagine the confluence of these two groups of Nigerians. In fact GEJ was lucky that he was not toppled. In fact, if he had done this maybe in 2014 (with the prevailing condition persisting into that time), im for see himself.

-I love that a minority is president (he is definetley not worse than every one that has come before him). As Abati as rightly said, it throws a spanner in the works. We've been used to a certain version of Nigeria, that creates the impression that only people from certain ethnic stock are fit-for-purpose. Imagine the arrogance of Buhari's limited national campaign, thinking that that should hand him the coveted stool; or is it Ribadu's reach for the throne.

While I like both personalities, and don't mean to demean them, ...but what crap. Would a minority have been taken seriously as a presidential material if he was in Ribadu's shoes? Hell NO. I even recall Abati's article criticizing GEJ's dressence as not being national. The reason was simply because we have been used a contrapted definition of Nigeria. Now some are crying foul because 'strange' sounding names are appearing in federal appointments that would never have been given a chance in their damned version of Nigeria. Shame on bigots that litter the Nigerian space, and yet insist that Nigeria remains one entity where they can persistently despoil the vulnerable. In fact ehn, make I no go into the sociological constructs of a nation... you would realise that that says only one thing...WAR and RIOTS

- This is a long writeup, not meant as a simple minded commentary, but I am positive that Abati and some of the brighter of the '40' will read it. Finally, if you guys want redemption, tell your boss that he must go for the kill. He must make a public display (trial and conviction in a short time)of at least one of the biggest fishes in the cesspool of corruption. He musn't wait till someone falls out with him like Ibori did before acting. He shouldn't also bore us with Lamorde's little side shows of comapny staff that steal peanuts.
Thanks for your advice,never mind nobody will topple GEJ govt.GEJ has got balls but he has to do it his own way.Guys be patient with GEJ.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by cjfavour(m): 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Do you pay your taxes ? What is your individual contribution to Nigeria economy ? What have you done for Nigeria ? Do you just wake up and expect manna from heaven ? UNTIL YOU CONTRIBUTE TO NATION BUILDING, YOU HAVE NO REASON TO EXPECT ANYTHING FROM YOUR GOVERNMENTS.
rubbish. I call this rubbish.Govt is nt doing well and u're blaming him for nt paying tax. What about others dt pays their taxes? Have d govt built a separate road for them?improved d health sector,education,security etc sepaprately for them?Have d govt prosecuted d oil thieves and other thieves in his govt for those dt pays tax? Tell d govt to start working and u're him pouring unnecessary venom on smone who need and require growth and development for d country. Tell me,of what benefit will N5000 note and changing of other smaller denominations bring to d country?
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Proxytalk: 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
during obj election are anounced even in areas where election didnt take place. all forms of political assasinations we easily forget. the man that has changed the tide is now clueless cos he is a simple man. OBJ awarded contracts on NIPP (power project) without funding, (make research) yaradua abandomed it yet depleted all obj saving cos of ecomic meltedown. yet the man that takes the bull by the honr and has given nigs green light is clueles. now we have ebony rice and others like every other
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Sirniyeh(m): 5:35pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mr. Abati, I have known you right from when you were a council member of Olabisi Onabanjo University but with this your story, I'm disappointed. I reserve my comment!
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by esere826: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
BENZINA: Thanks for your advice,never mind nobody will topple GEJ govt.GEJ has got balls but he has to do it his own way.Guys be patient with GEJ.

You're welcome dude
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by doctokwus: 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
Reuben Abati has indeed bn reduced to a simpleton dat can no longer articulate anything meaningful.Shame dat anytime he spks,he becomes more a liability.A classic e.g is where he sed d president eats simple meals,not commensurate wt d N1b budgetted for;meaning d pres or someone in Aso rock has bn corruptly enriching him/herself feeding d president basic meals while claiming a N1b budget.I thought Abati too is claimed to av a ph.d?His whole interview reeks of dat of a primary sch student
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Proxytalk: 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
nigerian brands of like well packaged like every other foreign rice has flooded the mkt getting ready to expel indin and thai rice from nig shores by 2015 education has never been so good than now more universities especially in the north that needs it increased funding on reserach even almajiris are been garthered into gud schools what even their leader have not done. Is it fdis road and rail transport. yet the man doing these if clueless. History will not 4give these 80% unthnking nigerians
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by VEE2010(m): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
It's a pay back time for Mr Abati. I'm quite convinced this article wouldn't have come from his table if he were still staff of Guardian. However, I think this should be a lesson for those criticising GEJ, government as viewed outside is quite different from the inside. It's very unfortunate most attention seekers feels the only way to become popular is by hurling unnecessary spell at themselves by insulting their Leaders. Sadly, most people who are fun of doing this are either strongly acclaimed Christians and Muslims. This goes to show how moral bereaved most Nigerians are. I grant...
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by takedat(m): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2012
Proxytalk: The popular saying that only 5% of people thinks and 15% think they are thinking while 80% are not tinking at all is tru abt nigrians. over 80% are walloing in ignorance. instaed of to read and to think and get better.
you win has come 5% thinking has grabed it, now fed govt is rolling out abt 370 thousand job poeple are grabing it while FOOLS are calling the same man thinking out the solution clueless. ppl are calling OBJ this OBJ that OBJ only tried in the economy. hav ppl 4got how elction resul
you must be a silly person for insulting millions of Nigerian who thronged all out to vote for GEJ.So it is now a crime to critize his govt(either constructively or otherwise).It is now that majority of those that voted for him but due to his uncoordinated lapses have turned against him inorder for him to get his acts right are fools.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by frond: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mubarak and Gadafi did not drink and they were in office more than 18 hours a day. What are you talking about. Another rubish. How long will it take the president to reform our Judiciary and other problems we are facing. Here him again 4,400 watts of Electricity. It is not even up to the half of Electricity consume by Tokyo Airport. Anyway, you are proving to us that you work for your money. Failure
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Alaafialoro(m): 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
This Abati sef don fall my hand..
We all know dat no amount of write-up or achievement will stop some people from ranting negative things abt GEJ. Just deliver what we‘re expecting from you& leave those critics to lick ur azz.
God bless 9ja,God bless GEJ.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by takedat(m): 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
Proxytalk: during obj election are anounced even in areas where election didnt take place. all forms of political assasinations we easily forget. the man that has changed the tide is now clueless cos he is a simple man. OBJ awarded contracts on NIPP (power project) without funding, (make research) yaradua abandomed it yet depleted all obj saving cos of ecomic meltedown. yet the man that takes the bull by the honr and has given nigs green light is clueles. now we have ebony rice and others like every other
You must feeling like you are the most enlightened nairalander but sorry cos Abati is not ready to quit his job so i advice you to seek employment elsewhere.Your PR was woefully done
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Johndoe100(m): 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2012
take dat: you must be a silly person for insulting millions of Nigerian who thronged all out to vote for GEJ.So it is now a crime to critize his govt(either constructively or otherwise).It is now that majority of those that voted for him but due to his uncoordinated lapses have turned against him inorder for him to get his acts right are fools.

I hear this a lot, where are these majority? In your house/ On nairaland? Under the beds of Tinubu, boko haram? Where?
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by duni04(m): 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
I really have to go with Mr Abati on this one. I used to be a very vocal critic of Jonathan especially while he was campaigning to be President. I didn't think he'd done anything worthy of being President, in essence he wasn't presidential material I thought. More than a year on and I'm having second thoughts. I think Nigeria at this stage of her nationhood has had enough these so called "strong leaders"; leaders who use and overemphasize their perceived excellent personal attributes to usurp authority and our democratic institutions. We've all become used to these sort of leaders due to over 40years of military dictatorship.
The ideal candidate for President of this country should be one who is ready to respect constituted authority, respect our democratic norms and institutions and listen rather than take and impose personal thoughts and decisions on the country.
Ex-President Obasanjo single handedly, and without the approval of parliament, ceded the Bakassi Peninsular to Cameroon. Obasanjo ordered troops into restive civilian areas in 1999/2000 in Odi and Zaki Biam and instructed them to forcefully, and at all costs, suppress the civilian population. That again was done without recourse to the democratic practise of awaiting or seeking approval from parliament. We all celebrated and ignored this because apparently it worked and the uprising there was forcefully suppressed. What people fail to realise is that the same impunity with which these "Strong" leaders violate our democratic norms, traditions and authority, is the same way they'll get away with looting the country blind and awarding contracts to themselves and their cronies.
Nigeria does not need a demagogue at this point or stage in our history and democracy but rather, we need someone who is "weak" enough to obey constituted authority, obey the parliament, take decisions after due consultation and not based on personal hunches or afterthoughts. We all complain about the numerous committees and commissions that are set up almost every week to look into several issues. Its because we're used to the Military style of someone just waking up one day and probably increasing the price of Petrol like Obasanjo once did or someone who was too "strong" and arrogant to seek the approval of the national assembly before ceding away a part of the country to another country. Nigeria needs a "weak" leader now and Goodluck Jonathan fits this profile.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by samdejy4life: 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
nig. We've a sincere president will did not thank our GOD . God will punish anybody that abuse my president.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Proxytalk: 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
[quote author=take you must be a silly person for insulting millions of Nigerian who thronged all out to vote for GEJ.So it is now a crime to critize his govt(either constructively or otherwise).
Im not silly man im a patriotic nig. and very passionate abt its progres. i do take time to read peoles coments on NL and twiter its not ctritisism they ve taken position doesnt read nor think infact they are d clueles, i research everyday abt govt, politician boko i can tell u that this govt has tried.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by chucky234(m): 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
Abati has graduated from Senior Special Adviser to a newspaper columnist,what a disgrace.
GEJ and his bunch of clueless goons will not cease to amaze me,Abati now writes poems to justifies his petty love for our dear president.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by chucky234(m): 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
Proxytalk: [quote author=take you must be a silly person for insulting millions of Nigerian who thronged all out to vote for GEJ.So it is now a crime to critize his govt(either constructively or otherwise).
Im not silly man im a patriotic nig. and very passionate abt its progres. i do take time to read peoles coments on NL and twiter its not ctritisism they ve taken position doesnt read nor think infact they are d clueles, i research everyday abt govt, politician boko i can tell u that this govt has tried.
Your post is pathetic,I can't even grasp a thing from the garbage you posted. My advice: remain a spectator and never bother to make any contribution on NL so you don't continue to display your daftness in public.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by takedat(m): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
Johndoe100:

I hear this a lot, where are these majority? In your house/ On nairaland? Under the beds of Tinubu, boko haram? Where?
i want to believe you lead a life of recluse,so how would you know the angst and disdain an average Nigerian has towards this govt.At least we can feel thier pulse on nairaland
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by greaterlove(m): 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
duni04: I really have to go with Mr Abati on this one. I used to be a very vocal critic of Jonathan especially while he was campaigning to be President. I didn't think he'd done anything worthy of being President, in essence he wasn't presidential material I thought. More than a year on and I'm having second thoughts. I think Nigeria at this stage of her nationhood has had enough these so called "strong leaders"; leaders who use and overemphasize their perceived excellent personal attributes to usurp authority and our democratic institutions. We've all become used to these sort of leaders due to over 40years of military dictatorship.
The ideal candidate for President of this country should be one who is ready to respect constituted authority, respect our democratic norms and institutions and listen rather than take and impose personal thoughts and decisions on the country.
Ex-President Obasanjo single handedly, and without the approval of parliament, ceded the Bakassi Peninsular to Cameroon. Obasanjo ordered troops into restive civilian areas in 1999/2000 in Odi and Zaki Biam and instructed them to forcefully, and at all costs, suppress the civilian population. That again was done without recourse to the democratic practise of awaiting or seeking approval from parliament. We all celebrated and ignored this because apparently it worked and the uprising there was forcefully suppressed. What people fail to realise is that the same impunity with which these "Strong" leaders violate our democratic norms, traditions and authority, is the same way they'll get away with looting the country blind and awarding contracts to themselves and their cronies.
Nigeria does not need a demagogue at this point or stage in our history and democracy but rather, we need someone who is "weak" enough to obey constituted authority, obey the parliament, take decisions after due consultation and not based on personal hunches or afterthoughts. We all complain about the numerous committees and commissions that are set up almost every week to look into several issues. Its because we're used to the Military style of someone just waking up one day and probably increasing the price of Petrol like Obasanjo once did or someone who was too "strong" and arrogant to seek the approval of the national assembly before ceding away a part of the country to another country. Nigeria needs a "weak" leader now and Goodluck Jonathan fits this profile.
You just spoke my mind. Nigeria needs more people like you.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Henritwist(m): 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
Abati is a naive man. You eyes are closed. Educated an uninformed adviser dat called Nigeria youth, "facebook addicts". You are among d people deciving Mr president. Convience Nigerians that d president is working and dnt insult us.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by playahP(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2012
Geh is a failure.
Reading this idiot's statement, I feel insulted. He didn't actually deny that Gej consume 1billion nairal on food!
He just made a totally invalid arguement!
And those 40 man laptop crew should get something to do with their lives cos itd all end when Gej leaves.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Henritwist(m): 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
Abati is a naive man. You eyes are closed. Educated an uninformed adviser dat called Nigeria youth, "facebook addicts". You are among d people deciving Mr president. Convience Nigerians that d president is working and dnt insult us. Your write up is not even logical. Abati, go back to school.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Fadenitan(m): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
Is it a crime to come from humble background to occupy d highest postion in d land,i will continuing to say dt GEJ is a God‘s project and one of d choosen generation.Nigeria is a very difficult country to rule but that does not means our president should failed in his promise of transforming nigeria of yesterday to nigeria of our dream where we can all say am proud to be a nigerian.For me and some other nigerian who are postive minded and believe that GEJ shall lead us to our promised land of better nigeria.For those that are saying negative things about d president and d presidency i urge you to change ur mindset and believe in your beloved country, because for me i don‘t have any other country that can be like Nigeria.My question for you?What are your little contribution to change this country for better,there is no needs for you to be in gov‘t.Speak good thing to our leaders and country,for you don‘t know you may find urself in power tomorrow.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Dotman01(m): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
Why can't this guy Abati go sleep? Let Jonathan's transformation achievements speak for him. A good product does not need much advert. Chinua Achebe says"When Nigeria is working, we will all see it" Abati you dont need to tell us all your boss does. Nigeria projects are not invisible, we shall all see it.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Proxytalk: 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
[quote author=chucky234][/quote]
sorry , i type fast if you dont understand u can ask me to rewine. or may be you are the real daft
check all my posting on NL i dont post rubbish like people that were not raised in a home. seek for knowledge that is where i belong not to typed for typing sake. infact a lot of people talk without thinkinga and this no of youths are incresing everyday in nig.as if our past generations are better than youths of nowadays yet we are hopin for a better tmorrow
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by werepeLeri: 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
aspabay:

Is this Were guy a Nigerian at all? Tell me during OBJ, did we hear of any BH? Even the militants at that time he dealt squarely with them. OBJ knows, just like the Americans, that you don't negotiate with a terrorist.

LOL. Dunce. Do you know when BH came into existence? 1999-2001. This shows you are a kid, no need to tell you stories about BH. Did they tell you BH started with GEJ? LOL. Even primary school folks knows better. Mumu.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by BLACKPANTHER(m): 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2012
mumu,ur a member of the rullin,thats ur shoe4u,wear ours and know hw selfish we are just like u bt where u cant beat us even in theory,hypothesis and thesis within the real of our political economy IS BRIDGING THE GAP...stability of ethno-religious,social n political interests btw the 2 TEAMZ..who wil have2complain afta dat.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Dotman01(m): 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2012
werepeLeri:

LOL. Dunce. Do you know when BH came into existence? 1999-2001. This shows you are a kid, no need to tell you stories about BH. Did they tell you BH started with GEJ? LOL. Even primary school folks knows better. Mumu.
But they were not active during Obj's regime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Hands Over To Olusegun Obasanjo (Throwback Pic) / NAF Commences Advanced Forensic, Crime Scene Investigation Course In Lagos / Why Oil Marketers Want Payment Before May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.