Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know (22346 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures / Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by donigspain(m): 2:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
Well written.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
lavita2: I actually feel insulted by this piece and I am taking this personal. angry Someone needs to tell this blockhead that we have details of how much the president budgeted for his meal this year: a whooping 1 billion naira. whether he chose to starve to death is none of my business. The fact remains that, he's pocketng a whooping 1 billion naira as meal allowance.

Someone also needs to tell this foool that Nigerians are not dumb. that we say we weren't going to vote in a man with no shoes is not a literal statement. It is our own way of saying 'once bitten twice shy'. Now we know, if a dull-looking, humble-speaking retardeen comes our way come 2015, we would think twice about it and not get carried away by pity and sentiments. where's is his sense of humour? gosh!
Do you pay your taxes ? What is your individual contribution to Nigeria economy ? What have you done for Nigeria ? Do you just wake up and expect manna from heaven ? UNTIL YOU CONTRIBUTE TO NATION BUILDING, YOU HAVE NO REASON TO EXPECT ANYTHING FROM YOUR GOVERNMENTS.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by lacasa: 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
Wat's Bingo yappiing about again? undecided
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Mexyz(m): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
Thank u mr Abati for ds writeups..somtyms i 1da wat people get for attackn gej nd his govt,some wl even go as far as attackn his family as a whole. U talkn abt farouk's case, is gej d judge or is he d one doin d investigatn? God bless Gej, God bles naija
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by lacasa: 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Do you pay your taxes ? What is your individual contribution to Nigeria economy ? What have you done for Nigeria ? Do you just wake up and expect manna from heaven ? UNTIL YOU CONTRIBUTE TO NATION BUILDING, YOU HAVE NO REASON TO EXPECT ANYTHING FROM YOUR GOVERNMENTS.

" YOU HAVE NO REASON TO EXPECT ANYTHING FROM YOUR GOVERNMENTS."

... Are u fσr real shocked
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by joshuakume: 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
Great one abati,personally i love constructive criticism,but when it gets to a stage where you blind your eyes to fact something is wrong.As a matter of fact,it seems the critics we have are more clueless,quit hurling stones and start building.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Ekans: 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mr Abati,i know you will do everything to protect your job which is currently at stake.But,i equally know that you dont believe half of what you have written about GEJ.So please shut up because we know better before i call you a RETARDEEN.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Adagba1: 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
The president has just hired an attack dog/lion(okupe),Abati has to write this to protect his job which he will eventualy loose sooner than he imagine.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by freecocoa(f): 2:29pm On Aug 26, 2012
Mstcheew.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by jmaine: 2:29pm On Aug 26, 2012
Uncle Reuben Just demolished the resident cynic pigs grin

Baba Abati . . .abeg ride on cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Mexyz(m): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
@chipmunkey,Ur name jst tel me who u be... U are on nairaland, are u sure u are mre intelligent than mr Abati? Pls read ur comment again nd prove to me that u re mre intelligent than mr Abati.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by lavita2(f): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Do you pay your taxes ? What is your individual contribution to Nigeria economy ? What have you done for Nigeria ? Do you just wake up and expect manna from heaven ? UNTIL YOU CONTRIBUTE TO NATION BUILDING, YOU HAVE NO REASON TO EXPECT ANYTHING FROM YOUR GOVERNMENTS.

Professor of know-it-all. Yes. I pay my taxes. Yes. I risked my life and was beaten black and blue during the last general elections while trying to do what's right by making sure every vote counted in the course of national service.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by nifemi01(m): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
We all know d president isn't all bad but i think when u talk about d good things he has done, u should also highlight his shortcomings but hey we all know dats like typing ur own sack letter.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
God Bless you Abati.

God Bless GEJ.

God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Pataki: 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
“THEY” in this piece refers to all the cynics, the pestle-wielding critics, the unrelenting, self-appointed activists, the idle and idling, twittering, collective children of anger, the distracted crowd of Facebook addicts, the BBM-pinging soap opera gossips of Nigeria, who seem to be in competition among themselves to pull down President Goodluck Jonathan. This army of sponsored and self-appointed anarchists is so diverse; many of them don’t even know why or how they should attack the president.

This sums up the bald headed eediot called Reuben and what he and GEJ thinks of Nigerians who dare to criticize, and insult their CLUELESS government.

Children of anger you called Nigerians, and yet in the same paragraph you state they don't even know why or how they should attack the president. You bald headed man are an utter EEDIOT! Pray teach us, oh learned one, how to attack the president.

And these are doofus presiding over Nigeria? We don enter one chance with these deluded bunch.

Oponu oshi as adviser.

9 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by chreldb(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
"When he spoke about not wearing shoes as a child, he meant that as a metaphor for the disparities in the Nigerian system, and the urgent need to redress inequalities. But I have heard some persons responding literally that Nigerians should never vote for a man who never wore shoes. How simplistic. Attention needs to be drawn to the fact that a rooted, people-sourced President, who seeks to transform Nigeria, and who campaigns on a platform of transformation, will necessarily be opposed by those who consider themselves the children of Empire builders, those who think that their ancestors built Nigeria. Wrong".

Dr Abati sir can you kindly tell me what made you come to the conclusion that peoples response are literal and not metaphorical?

"I have even heard that the President spends billions on feeding. Well, I have enjoyed the privilege of eating at the President’s table. What does he eat? Fish pepper soup. Cassava Bread. Slices of yam. Rice. Boiled plantain. Fruits and vegetables. He fasts when he chooses, and fasts all month during Ramadan and Lent. And because he takes his exercises and keep fit regime seriously, he eats very little. Okay, he drinks coffee. And yet there are people out there who keep claiming that there is a feast in the Villa every day. They say at every meal, the table is decorated with roasted turkey, and every delicacy under the sun. Lies. Lies. This President is not a glutton. We have a disciplined, hardworking President who enjoys his privacy, and the company of intelligent people.
"

I stand to be corrected but people do not accuse Mr president of been a glutton but protest the yearly allcation of 1 billion naira for feeding in the prsidential villa. Secondly sir, with that kind of allocation I would expect that everyday would indeed be a feast at the villa but from your claims that residents in the villa are only been fed yam pepper soup cassava bread e.t.c. Then the question comes to mind what is the 1 billion naira food allocation been spent on? In your bid to justify the presidents eating habits you have contradicted yourself.

You can call me or whoever unintelligent and accuse me of been a part of the opposition if you please that is non of my business because I know my IQ and I have to right to critisize my governmet if as a citzen I am not satisfied with its performance. Finally Dr Abati I still have so much respect for you but I must say indeed you have compromised yourself. i can continue to point out things wrong in this piece that you wrote which in my opinion is the worst article I have ever read from such a talented journalist as yourself. I advice you to take your own advice if really you said such "When your eating dont talk"

5 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by BENZINA(m): 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ruben Abati is only repeating what we knew before.Only low intelligent people will disagree with Abati.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by onandon: 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2012
One thing I know is I can never be brain washed. Thank God for education/enlightenment/internet... "President Jonathan is the first president to appoint a WOMAN as blah blah blah ... "
Who cares if it's a dog he appoints ? Effectiveness is what people are looking forward to not gender or specie. Please you pep's should stop "holding me back"(Rick Ross) .. You guys are sickening, I'v not had power since Wednesday but got a nepa bill and had to pay. All your crap is sickening.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Toktee(m): 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
The retard cant even tell the public how government intend to tackle boko hallam in the north,militancy and kidnapping in the south,atleast tell us who are the cabal and how you and odechukwu intend to retrieve our money from them,a good reason why johnadull have nt visited the affected state since,why government is silence on the ogoni declearation of soverignty,and what they are doing about the abadoned people of bakassi,dummy you have been paid to talk,keep talking but pick from the above topics pls

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by alaoeri: 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
Abati is just ranting there's nö government that's won't receive critics from the opposition what's such government 'll do is to upgrade their task & prove their critics wrong.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by 377: 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
Is he true with his super story,even if ur d one u must speak well for him bcs he is paying his salary.tell him to tell his oga GEJ that he should not even think of coming for re election 2015 bcs hw will fail.this is d worst administration since d history of Nigeria.all we see is high cost of things everyday.to hell with him.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by PresGEJ(m): 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
"President Jonathan is a clever, methodical and intelligent man, who is very adept at wrong footing all the persons who make an effort to second-guess or under-estimate him." - Reuben Abati

I shed tears at this point. This man really knows me.

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by MrGlobe(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2012
that article only fit for the presidential dustbin. The whole article is an antithesis of what's on ground. He said the President eats simple meals, no exotic meal. Then the President must be arrested for misappropriation public funds because no fish pepper soup, boiled plantain and yam will cost a family the budgeted 1 billion a year. none. thrash sycophantic article

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
lavita2:

Professor of know-it-all. Yes. I pay my taxes. Yes. I risked my life and was beaten black and blue during the last general elections while trying to do what's right by making sure every vote counted in the course of national service.
Make sure you tell your neighbours to pay taxes too. I ran back to this country because tax was taking all my earnings abroad and when we are here, most of us dont pay reasonable taxes but we expect government to mint money to create road, sell crude oil to provide power plants, we insult the president for not selling his mother to provide us with subsidized fuel. I am sorry to say that most Nigerians are ignorant of their expectations in nation building, yet we want to be like America. We even cry when we use our money to buy subsidized fuel for generators. We are fvcking stingy people in Nigeria.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by taharqa: 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
Soul_caine: @poster i almost believe the write up. Try again but this time show physical evidence and explain why the budget is the way it is. I have a copy with me. Goodluck !

"Major" achievements you said. Do

you have any idea of the extent of

meticulous work been done in the

Power Sector not just in the marked

improvements in Generation,

Transmission and Distribution but

esp in the Privatisation and

concessioning of the sector? Are you

aware of the effects the reforms,

which is currently in its concluding

stage(Sept/Oct this year), would

have on the nation? This admin is Major" achievements you said.

Do you have any idea of the extent of

meticulous work been done in the

Power Sector not just in the marked

improvements in Generation,

Transmission and Distribution but

esp in the Privatization and

concessioning of the sector? Are you

aware of the effects the reforms,

which is currently in its concluding

stage(Sept/Oct this year), would

have on the nation? This admin is

midwifery the greatest

transformation in the Power Sector

in this country's history.
http://sweetcrudereports.com/2012/04/25/gas-to-power-500mmcfd-of-gas-to-be-delivered-to-nipp-soon/
https://www.nairaland.com/1004060/something-wrong-power-improving/13#11639505

The nation is also undergoing its most

audacious developments in the

Transportation Sector- Rails, Inland

Waterways and Seaports. On rails,

the NRC that have been moribund for

very many years have been revived,

more workers re-engaged and most of

its dilapidated facilities across

the nation repaired; all the rail

tracks in the country are been

rehabilitated(actually most of the

tracks have been rehabilitated

already and some intra- and

interstate trains services have

started running after a very long time

in deed). The Standard Guage

Itakpe-Aladja-Warri rail track is

finally completed(with additions

planned) while the Modern Abuja-

Kaduna track is on going(about 30%

completion) just as the Double track

Lagos-Ibadan Modern(which is

different from the narrow guage

Lagos-Ibadan which is already

running trains) has been awarded

about 3 months ago.
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/31659/2012/08/04/rail_rehabilitation_are_we_waiting_godot.html
file:///C:/Users/odia/Desktop/New%20folder/Newfolder/Nigeria-Federal+Government+Raise+Power+Output+9+000MW.htm

On Inland Waterways, the dredging of

the Lower Niger which links 9 states

on its axis and provide south-north

all year round navigation which

would ensure the cheap movements of

huge amounts of goods and humans,

has been completed with some

accompanying River Ports for the

first time in the country's history;

the dredging of River Benue has also

commenced.
http://www.shipsandports.org/detaildiscource.php?id=5
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87591:river-niger-now-a-beehive-of-commercial-activities&catid=81:maritime-watch&Itemid=591

The Seaports now work 24/7,

bureaucracy reduced and the amount of

time goods spend in the ports has

been halfed already(though not yet

up to the 48hrs target) while

Demorage costs have significantly

decreased(when was the last time you

heard of goods staying months on the

seas cos terrible congestions in the

pots and paying huge demorage).

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/stakeholders-count-gains-of-agencies-reduction-in-ports/115563/

Do you have any idea of the effects of

all theses on the economy going

forward especially as they are been

interconnected?(works on Roads need

to be accelerated though).

The most massive rehabilitation and

remodeling of airports across the

nation with about 11 of them is

ongoing; Kano International Airport

is for instance nearing completion.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-puts-basa-fund-at-n11-54bn/

Do you have any idea what kind of

work is going on in the Agriculture

Sector?
http://www.newworldnigeria.com/pdf/AdesinaLondonBOIForumfinal.pdf

....As a Nigerian am sick and tired of these lies that some of you guys are peddling about the president not doing anything. You and others who feel otherwise should not be COWARDS and respond to these claims here . I am earnestly waiting for such responses. Now Good luck with that

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Super1759: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
I don't know why this man is wasting his pen and paper, trying to convince haters about GEJ. All I know is He will ever be remembered. He had done what obj couldn't do in 8yrs, what yardua couldn't do in 4years, he did it in a year, and that makes him promising. if any of you think its easy to rule a nation of over 150m people, try to be a Community leader or commitee chairman Good work shaaa
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by kinguwem: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
We have heard the good side of GEJ. I'm impressed by his actions recently. There is regular power supply in Jalingo. Some days ago I read that Boko Haram was begging to negotiate with the FG. I buy fuel with ease at filling stations. GEJ should consolidate his efforts by stepping up the fight against corruption and insecurity in the country.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
kinguwem: We have heard the good side of GEJ. I'm impressed by his actions recently. There regular power supply in Jalingo. Some days ago I read that Boko Haram was begging to negotiate with the FG. I buy fuel with ease at filling stations. GEJ should consolidate his efforts by stepping up the fight against corruption and insecurity in the country.
Nice!
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Make sure you tell your neighbours to pay taxes too. I ran back to this country because tax was taking all my earnings abroad and when we are here, most of us dont pay reasonable taxes but we expect government to mint money to create road, sell crude oil to provide power plants, we insult the president for not selling his mother to provide us with subsidized fuel. I am sorry to say that most Nigerians are ignorant of their expectations in nation building, yet we want to be like America. We even cry when we use our money to buy subsidized fuel for generators. We are fvcking stingy people in Nigeria.
Shame on you bro! So since you came back home how much have you paid for tax? You are encouraging us to pay tax meanwhile you fled from another man's country because they pay tax! And who says I don't pay tax.how have I benefitted from it? Save your energy from talking trash I tell ya!
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by lavita2(f): 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Make sure you tell your neighbours to pay taxes too. I ran back to this country because tax was taking all my earnings abroad and when we are here, most of us dont pay reasonable taxes but we expect government to mint money to create road, sell crude oil to provide power plants, we insult the president for not selling his mother to provide us with subsidized fuel. I am sorry to say that most Nigerians are ignorant of their expectations in nation building, yet we want to be like America. We even cry when we use our money to buy subsidized fuel for generators. We are fvcking stingy people in Nigeria.

I get your point monsieur. I agree the taxes are unreasonable. But that's what I have been asked to pay. If today, I am asked to pay 80% of my income as tax and I am guaranteed to have basic amenities as is obtainable abroad, I'd have no problem doing that. And please, stop your baseless generalisation. Nigerians are these, Nigerians are that. I have friends, just like myself, who are passionate about a new Nigeria. Who are doing the little they can to make sure we leave a better Nigeria for the next generation.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
berem: Shame on you bro! So since you came back home how much have you paid for tax? You are encouraging us to pay tax meanwhile you fled from another man's country because they pay tax! And who says I don't pay tax.how have I benefitted from it? Save your energy from talking trash I tell ya!
You always like to attack personalities instead of issues on discourse. Did you not study elementary philosophy in year one in the university ? When you do this, you make me think you arent educated enough to hold constructive argument without committing fallacy ad homonium. All am asking is that we pay tax so government can have much money to provide the infrastructures we need and you are attacking my person. You need proper education.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Emerald120(f): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2012
Delfino: What Mr Abati talking about
Who cares
must u log in?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers / Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 / BON, NEDG Pick Only 5 Political Parties For Debate (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.