Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know (22349 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures / Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by yohannazack(m): 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2012
Why gej stil kip pple like abaty around him? Oh, maybe it is becus he is a retardeen too. Mumu, wat abaty fails to knw is that nigerians on the streets/nairaland are more intellegent and informed than him. He also fails to knw that nigerians knw him as an empty person who speaks witout facts. If he thinks we dont knw wats hapenin, let him point at one achievment by this administration of retardeens and criminals like him, and nigerians wil point at 100s of their failure. My advice to abaty and his type is that, they shuld get ready to leave aso rock by 2015, walahi allah. Mumu abati and his pple.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by werepeLeri: 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2012
yohanna zack: Why gej stil kip pple like abaty around him? Oh, maybe it is becus he is a retardeen too. Mumu, wat abaty fails to knw is that nigerians on the streets/nairaland are more intellegent and informed than him. He also fails to knw that nigerians knw him as an empty person who speaks witout facts. If he thinks we dont knw wats hapenin, let him point at one achievment by this administration of retardeens and criminals like him, and nigerians wil point at 100s of their failure. My advice to abaty and his type is that, they shuld get ready to leave aso rock by 2015, walahi allah. Mumu abati and his pple.

LOL - intelligent indeed. Does that include yourself? Name the intelligent Nigerians on NairaLand. We are waiting.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by freshside: 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
see wht d cassaava bread is causing is already turning their head abati u dont need to poolish ur oga 4 us.u re telling us wht we know pls tell us the one we dont know

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by chucky234(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
Proxytalk:
sorry , i type fast if you dont understand u can ask me to rewine. or may be you are the real daft
check all my posting on NL i dont post rubbish like people that were not raised in a home. seek for knowledge that is where i belong not to typed for typing sake. infact a lot of people talk without thinkinga and this no of youths are incresing everyday in nig.as if our past generations are better than youths of nowadays yet we are hopin for a better tmorrow
Hmmm maybe your writing skills contradict your ideas and makes you look absurd,your use of punctuations got me perturbed.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by taharqa: 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
I have read through all the comments here esp those insulting the President(ie "the he is the worst President CROWD" ) and cant make any sense of what they are saying. Honestly, I want to make sense of it. I didnt vote for GEJ in the last elections cos of the antecedents of his party yet it seems that I am supporting him now not just cos I see some of the strategic things he is presently DOING(work in progress) but cos those ppl who virulently oppose him have done a terrible job at intellectually letting others know exactly why this President is the worst President we ever had.

The worst President in Nigeria's history? Really? This is a President that is overseeing the most significant turn-around in the Power Sector not just in the Generation, Transmission and Distribution of electricity but esp in the Privatization of the sector which is at its concluding stages now(I dont know of any other infrastructural undertaking by any govt that would be more transformational than this); this President has brought the trains back to life, rehabilitating all the existing rail tracks across country(actually most of them have already been completed) while some modern rail tracks are also been constructed; this is the President that has completed the dredging of the Lower River Niger(he will be commissioning the Onitsha River Port this week) and is dredging the River Benue; this is the President who is overseeing the most massive refurbishment and remodeling of about 11 airports across Nigeria in other to reduce the disgrace that most of our airports were(if any of you travel through the airspace recently you would have seen work going on- Kano International Airport is almost complete); this President has reduced the time spent by goods in the ports and improved efficiency by decongseting the ports, beginning 24/7 prt services and reducing port agencies and bureaucracies( when last did hear of the huge and disgraceful Demurrage costs that used to be associated with Nigeria ports)- the main artery Route to the two main ports, Apapa-Oshodi has reached an advanced stage of repairs,its Trailer Park, a dedicated bridge leading into Tin-Can Island Port from Liverpool Round-About are alos be constructed whilst the railtracks to the ports are been repaired. Do ppl understand the consequences of all these on Nigeria's ecnmy going further. This is the President that provided leadership in reforming our terrible electoral system( ppl seem to have forgotten that all the present reforms in our elections starting when he became acting President- sack of Iwu, Constitutional reviews on electoral matters, financial autonomy of INEC, new voting system including posting results at pooling booths, conclusion of electoral matters 6months to the date of submission etc etc ), in fact NO Nigerian leader has ever presided over the most transparent elections in Nigeria's history- starting from Anambra Elections in 2010 to the Edo state elections recently including of course the 2011 General Elections; this President is also by far the most open(relatively) ever in Nigeria- while Obj and Yar'adua for in stance refused to sign the FOI bills(Obj saying that he didnt like the title and Yar'adua's top aid saying it was dangerous for Nigeria's "security" ), the FOI bill was amongst the 1st bills that GEJ signed when he came on board- all these openesss and tolerance is why ppl we for instance have access to budget details and can question the amount Aso rock uses in feeding itself an info that was treated almost as a "state secret" in previous administrations. These are just some areas I wish to highlight(there are others like Agriculture and Investments- unlike what ppl want to believe there are actually more investments in the economy than those that leave such that Nigeria was the highest recipient of FDI in Africa last year in spite of the Security issues). SO how can any one with a straight face tell me that he is the "worst President ever"(cos I would ask : COMPARED TO WHOM? ) or that he is not even doing well considering the huge distractions he had had to put up with. In fact apart from Security(Hopefully, there are now beginning to be signs that the Security Services are beginning t get some grip over the peculiar security challenges. ) I cant find any major area of our economy that has deteriorated (though of course most still have a long way to go).

Is there room for more work? Yes. There is no questions. But he was elected for 4 years and have just spent 1 year. I is unfair and hypocritical to behave as though he is the cause of Nigeria's HUGE problems. He met them. In my view he is doing more than any Nigerian president to tackle them, he just needs our support whilst keeping him on his toes.

PS: This is not really for some of the few persons who have vowed to oppose this admin out of HATE and/or Lust for Power. I expect them to behave as though they didnt see this and if by chance they respond, I expect insults or soundbites. This is for every other person who is willing to test their assumptions. I am willing to test mine.

8 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by tpapi: 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
God bless nigeria,God bless gej, cant wait 2 vote 4 gej in 2015
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by taharqa: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2012
yohanna zack: Why gej stil kip pple like abaty around him? Oh, maybe it is becus he is a retardeen too. Mumu, wat abaty fails to knw is that nigerians on the streets/nairaland are more intellegent and informed than him. He also fails to knw that nigerians knw him as an empty person who speaks witout facts. If he thinks we dont knw wats hapenin, let him point at one achievment by this administration of retardeens and criminals like him, and nigerians wil point at 100s of their failure. My advice to abaty and his type is that, they shuld get ready to leave aso rock by 2015, walahi allah. Mumu abati and his pple.

Okay.
[b]
"Major" achievements you said. Do

you have any idea of the extent of

meticulous work been done in the

Power Sector not just in the marked

improvements in Generation,

Transmission and Distribution but

esp in the Privatisation and

concessioning of the sector? Are you

aware of the effects the reforms,

which is currently in its concluding

stage(Sept/Oct this year), would

have on the nation? This admin is Major" achievements you said.

Do you have any idea of the extent of

meticulous work been done in the

Power Sector not just in the marked

improvements in Generation,

Transmission and Distribution but

esp in the Privatization and

concessioning of the sector? Are you

aware of the effects the reforms,

which is currently in its concluding

stage(Sept/Oct this year), would

have on the nation? This admin is

midwifery the greatest

transformation in the Power Sector

in this country's history.
http://sweetcrudereports.com/2012/04/25/gas-to-power-500mmcfd-of-gas-to-be-delivered-to-nipp-soon/
https://www.nairaland.com/1004060/something-wrong-power-improving/13#11639505

The nation is also undergoing its most

audacious developments in the

Transportation Sector- Rails, Inland

Waterways and Seaports. On rails,

the NRC that have been moribund for

very many years have been revived,

more workers re-engaged and most of

its dilapidated facilities across

the nation repaired; all the rail

tracks in the country are been

rehabilitated(actually most of the

tracks have been rehabilitated

already and some intra- and

interstate trains services have

started running after a very long time

in deed). The Standard Guage

Itakpe-Aladja-Warri rail track is

finally completed(with additions

planned) while the Modern Abuja-

Kaduna track is on going(about 30%

completion) just as the Double track

Lagos-Ibadan Modern(which is

different from the narrow guage

Lagos-Ibadan which is already

running trains) has been awarded

about 3 months ago.
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/31659/2012/08/04/rail_rehabilitation_are_we_waiting_godot.html
file:///C:/Users/odia/Desktop/New%20folder/Newfolder/Nigeria-Federal+Government+Raise+Power+Output+9+000MW.htm

On Inland Waterways, the dredging of

the Lower Niger which links 9 states

on its axis and provide south-north

all year round navigation which

would ensure the cheap movements of

huge amounts of goods and humans,

has been completed with some

accompanying River Ports for the

first time in the country's history;

the dredging of River Benue has also

commenced.
http://www.shipsandports.org/detaildiscource.php?id=5
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87591:river-niger-now-a-beehive-of-commercial-activities&catid=81:maritime-watch&Itemid=591

The Seaports now work 24/7,

bureaucracy reduced and the amount of

time goods spend in the ports has

been halfed already(though not yet

up to the 48hrs target) while

Demorage costs have significantly

decreased(when was the last time you

heard of goods staying months on the

seas cos terrible congestions in the

pots and paying huge demorage).

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/stakeholders-count-gains-of-agencies-reduction-in-ports/115563/

Do you have any idea of the effects of

all theses on the economy going

forward especially as they are been

interconnected?(works on Roads need

to be accelerated though).

The most massive rehabilitation and

remodeling of airports across the

nation with about 11 of them is

ongoing; Kano International Airport

is for instance nearing completion.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-puts-basa-fund-at-n11-54bn/

Do you have any idea what kind of

work is going on in the Agriculture

Sector?
http://www.newworldnigeria.com/pdf/AdesinaLondonBOIForumfinal.pdf

....As a Nigerian am sick and tired of these lies that some of you guys are peddling about the president not doing anything. You and others who feel otherwise should not be COWARDS and respond to these claims here . I am earnestly waiting for such responses. Now Good luck with that[/b]

I have named more than one of the things he is doing(there are so many others), plz fulfill your part and state the "hundreds" of failures he has had. PLEASE DONT RUN AWAY AS USUAL WITH YOU GUYS- just shame me PLEASE.

PS: PLZ ppl watch if he can take this challenge he himself set without insults.

Waiting.....
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Biggyd2: 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by hakeem4shi(m): 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
emekatimsu: Weldone Mr Abati for ur detailed information on the person of the president.
One thing i know for sure is that most people who abuse the president daily on Facebook,twitter or BBN are the clueless people, some don't evn knw why they abuse the president.{maybe access to the internet is a major factor}.

Let haters continue to hate themselves, GEJ may God continue to lead u through the right path. I won't stop praying for you.
Long live GEJ, Long live FRN.
I think the last Aso Rock job was given to the criminal attack lion o,so no do eye service for Abati o!
I remember this same man on patitos gang,he's now singing another tune,truely,who pays the pipers,dictate the tune! Calling the president critics names won't help him though,2015 is near though,I know more tune will be heard!
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by takedat(m): 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
it is pertinent to note that most hard core critics of GEJ do not hate him as a person.Nigerians have been docile for a long time without having a say in the affairs of their country,hence they vent their frustrations on the President they collectively voted for.This is no time for half measures or sycophancy afterall previous govt had all claimed to have embark on series of projects with nothing to show for it.Personally i refuse to be carried away with sentiments and promises,i want to see action and results

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Chubhie: 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
Oga Reuben,Most of the people criticizing your principal are same people that even voted for him while some paid with their blood to make sure he is there cos they feel he is one of them.How it seems their hopes are getting dashed and they resort to insults cos that is the least they can do for now.

GEJ is a gentleman with good intents but the people needs an action man with balls of steel.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
ebamma: PDP is my party i shall not
want,he makes me to lie
down in aso rock
mansion,he leads me to
the post of president,he
restoreth my shoe,he
leads me in the paths of
lootingness for his names
sake.
Yea Though i walk
through the roads of
borno state,i shall fear no
evil,for soldiers and
policemen are with
me,their guns and their
bombs the comfort me
The prepared a bank
account before me,in the
presence of my
enemies,the anoint my
account with bribes,my
balance runs over
Surely Patience and her
english shall follow me,all
the days of my life,and i
shall dwell in my house in
bayelsa forever and ever
Amen.

lol.u are just something else.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by dedeike: 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
Chubhie: Oga Reuben,Most of the people criticizing your principal are same people that even voted for him while some paid with their blood to make sure he is there cos they feel he is one of them.How it seems their hopes are getting dashed and they resort to insults cos that is the least they can do for now.

GEJ is a gentleman with good intents but the people needs an action man with balls of steel.
What other balls of steel do you need from GEJ? For the first time in our history, we have seen a Nigerian FG expose oil thieves, probe them, and charged them to court.
In the last one month, we have seen the sons of influential people been docked for subsidy scam.
Last week, we witnessed the refusal of the FG to pay oil cabal for corruption hence the partial strike by NUPENG.

Even some of those indicted in the oil subsidy scam have refunded their loot.
More are still to be charged.
Even the pension scammers have been exposed and are facing trial.
What other steel balls do you require of Jonathan?
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by malc619(m): 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2012
grin
grin
grin
Man must Wack.....
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by klax(m): 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
To be honest i'm not PDP follower or beliver but their something that always flash across my mind and this has really made me to be a bit caution when it come to GEJ. During Buhari/Idiagbon Nigerians were complaining oh this govt. is too hrsh, oh how can we have president and his vice that does'nt smile, oh this govt is too wicked, oh this govt is too hard and so on till some disgruntled gangs went ahead to overthrown the regime and when IBB gangs came on board with all smiles in their face and promises of heaven and earth here we are today the gamage done within 8 year of mr smilling faces still put Nigeria in Nightmare we are today.

And now is GEJ turn, Gej is this, Gej is that, all sorts of names calling and abuse were rain on me just because he is a passionate man and love simplicity people now use that as his weakness to derail and thumble his govt this is so sad. Buhari and his fellow "gangs master ElRufai" who are claiming to be "a saint" "Mr too good and too know" who is supporting Sharia as lawful way to rule and a pretending bokoharam supporters these same people so many Nigerians want them to rule Nigeria. Please the question is people who took this "satanic horror rules" "mr iron fist" "mr do it or die" Buhari and his gangs should rule this country then what will happen?Anarchy Definately.

We Nigerians need to be caution seriously as per our lack of satisfaction in everything and this is what has put Nigeria in hate list among other nations. Even the u-20 girls playing in Japan despite all the effort this young lads are putting in face of frustration still my people still say they are doing nothing as a matter I read someone in this house abusing them seriously pls what do we Nigerians want??

This words may sound somehow but as I said i'm not PDP follower or believer and would not be but I think some caution is needed on what is on ground. No one should take this personal just my own opinion I may be wrong though.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by hipinnacle: 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
I think Nigerians should b more matured and logical than this in reasoning; as much as I fell in love wt the beautiful laced write-up of Reuben Abati, I think most of what he wrote is unjustifiable. A leader should not b afraid of criticism or attack maybe logical or destructive, more attacks were launched on past great leaders including our Lord Jesus Christ (He was accused of doing good things) but those infringements don’t deterred them from promoting values and integrity. It can never b possible that 167million people will think and speak the same way. Some of his comments were uncalled for like having more women in his cabinet, trying to justify that his master is not drinking alcohol or the type of food he eats. These justifications are unnecessary. What an average, I don’t mean the acclaimed super-rich is employment, constant power, food security and the enabling environment to go about doing pushing the right things.
Also, the unity of Nigeria is more from God and not man.

My take is that the little I have seen about Jonathan government is that he is trying to fix the wanton problems of Nigeria and you can’t do that in just 2years. It takes time but more to that he should go beyond being good or gentle and put more power & passion to his policies (if one is existing). Abati should stop taking things with emotion, Jonathan is our president and his president, so don’t take it personal.

I for one have not seen anything sustainable in what Jonathan is doing; he is just scratching solution on the surface. It is possible u can b working but no productivity. He should lay down policies that will curb corruption, government waste so that when he leaves, we will continue to enjoy good Nigeria. Anyway God helps him.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by haisam: 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
u just wasted ur hand typing for a very long time, at the end of the season u just write rubish sorry for your life
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by nagoma(m): 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
lari03: struggle to remain relevant now that Doyin Okupe is now on the scene pay little attention folks.

Yes Abati is fighting for his life. Power corrupts! Even the little power slipping away from Abati.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by harryem(m): 9:07pm On Aug 26, 2012
i see nigeria progressing.... Thts all i knw
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by nagoma(m): 9:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
dedeike:
What other balls of steel do you need from GEJ? For the first time in our history, we have seen a Nigerian FG expose oil thieves, probe them, and charged them to court.
In the last one month, we have seen the sons of influential people been docked for subsidy scam.
Last week, we witnessed the refusal of the FG to pay oil cabal for corruption hence the partial strike by NUPENG.

Even some of those indicted in the oil subsidy scam have refunded their loot.
More are still to be charged.
Even the pension scammers have been exposed and are facing trial.
What other steel balls do you require of Jonathan?

The balls to allow a free trial and appropriate sanction. Is there any example of that? We all know about ibori's and similar cases. He has no balls , he needs transplants.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by ziccoit: 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
Of course, if they knew they wouldn't have blindly vote him as the president of their county. Abati alapa lipsrsealed grin angry grin cool. Lol
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by chreldb(m): 9:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
But wait o, could this be sarcasm coming from Abati? Just a thought. undecided
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by janewillis: 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
well

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by ayolack(m): 9:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
Who is really is JONATHAN? Is he a saviour or a punisher?
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by onyeego(m): 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2012
One thing I've come to understand with alot of Nigerians is that its very convenient for them to run their mouths rather than think with their heads.
If u think Mr president will turn Nigeria to U.S in one year then you are not thinking.
For me, this is d best president that this country has got since independence.
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by shaqhead: 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
Na Waaassshhhh
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by nagoma(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
@taharqa

No need to shame you. You should feel ashamed yourself as I do as a Nigerian with the current clueless government to look up to. Why are all these things you keep repeating hidden from the public? The work on the power , the protection money paid to topology and other bandits, the subsidy scam , the secret NNPC count and now the imaginary rail line works are all secret. That doesn't fit with a partisan democracy . There is something missing. That is sincerity .
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by quiverfull(m): 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2012
I actually took my time to read this particular article by Dr Abati and i felt sorry for what he has reduced himself to. President Jonathan is just a bad commodity to embellish no matter how had you try. A president who talks about transformation and fighting corruption yet surrounds himself with some of the most corrupt sycophants. A good example is the case involving one of the chief financiers of his election and his close associate(Otedola) openly confessing to bribing one his party's strongest men (Farouk Lawan)in the National Assembly. And after having the two men open different cans of worms for over two months in the media, both are still walking free. Another is the case of Dr Okupe his new special adviser who has admitted that he got paid to execute contracts for the states of Imo and Benue, and after absconding for 8 years he is now negotiating with those states to refund the monies. These words of Pius Adesanmi sums it all up: "If he (Jonathan) does not appoint scurrilous characters, he clings to the ones he inherits, no matter the level of national outrage. Witness his clinging to Diezani Alison Madueke, despite the enormous work done by the defunct NEXT newspapers and Premium Times to reveal the level of the woman’s rottenness. Witness his clinging to Arunmah Oteh even when the letter written to reinstate her by his own Secretary to the Government of the Federation grudgingly admitted her incompetence. Witness his clinging to Alhaji Abdullahi Inde Dikko, the ethically-dented and morally-damaged certificate forger who heads the Nigerian customs service."

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by monami2abd: 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hi house,

Please just wondering, is this thesame Abati that used to criticize this same govt before being called to aso rock? Guess money indeed intoxicates. Hypocrite of the millenium.... i wonder what Guiness book of record is waiting for.. A word of advice to bingo Abati, jonathan can't be president forever.. Remember tomorrow coz if you continue on this path, then am afraid of what will happen to your generation....
Re: Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know by luq4u(m): 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
Common sense is not common to people,this paid ranting Abati should have made his write up meaningful if he jettison calling Nigerians criticising his boss and governance names "unintelligent" idle, distracted. Ask this retarded man what will he do as a jurnalist if he still guardian worker when governance is dull like this. GEJ should advice him to stop ranting like a dog. Criticism is the basis of a good governance,we've seen how American criticise Obama and series of Romney attacks. Why not in nigeria, clueless abati, in fact you are a curse to humanity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Oil Marketers Want Payment Before May 29 / Obasanjo’s Book “my Watch” Adapted To Nollywood Movie(photo) / Abdulsalami Abubakar Hands Over To Olusegun Obasanjo (Throwback Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.