Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (30839 Views)

Buhari Should Take Over Power Ministry -melaye / Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by tadysmart(m): 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. The likes of Nnaji are good guys , too willing to serve their nation to the extent they ignore how their employer is an appointee of the system that revels in failure for the masses and stupendous wealth and overwhelming control for the few 'insiders' and "owners of Nigeria". Nnaji is supposed to defeat Atiku (Mikano) and other Vultures like Otedola when his last line of defense is a highly corrupt President sponsored into office to protect the interest of the "business as usual" crowd?

Prof Nnaji, you are a patriotic man but you were always fighting a losing battle as some of us concluded ages ago. You were a pawn in the wicked game vacuous opportunists deceived you with - all in the effort to pretend they are seeking solution while they deepen the problem. You are now a victim of the treachery of Nigerian politics that means corrupt Presidents,sponsored by saboteurs, deploy credible folks like you to add gloss to their regime while the real intention is that you never succeed. Just ask Tai Solarin et al.

Seems GEJ is allergic to good performance. The only minister we could say we feel the impact of his effort.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by asha80(m): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
Dis Guy:

this should/would be illegal surely

i mean ive always wondered where past finance/trade ministers/CBN governor go after office; i mean they know the secrets, they know FG future plans
and any investment would be a sure banker!!

well there is no other choice for him now.at least he would not have influence on whether the company he has interest in would win the bid to control afam power plant.i am not sure how it is illegal.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by emmasege: 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2012
and why now that power is gradually improving? who has skeleton in his cupboard, barth or GEJ?. and i hope GEJ is going to keep the port-folio to himself until........ because getting a replacement for him now either in the acting or substantive position is going to spell doom for the power sector reforms.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by princepee: 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
rebadu left and efcc died....dora left nafdac died......bart is leaving let me go and service my gens.

2 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by pingpong1: 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
leyom234:
Majority of Nigerians know virtually nothing about PHCN. You just want light abi? Just yesterday, MR Vice President blasted the man because it was discovered that he actually had personal interest in PHCN companies. Barth is into business of power generation. He expressed personal interest and the vice president was furious at him. He resigned out of shame. He owns a company called Geometricpower which claimed to be generating power to the national grid but in actual sense, it generates nothing. His plan to own parts of PHCN was exposed and he resigned in shame. I know Nigerians will not want to believe this because they feel its PHCN staff that cause power outage and interruption.

GBAM
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Remii(m): 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
Corruption is really fighting back in Nigeria. Farouk was farouked now Nnaji has nnajized.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by CHouse: 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nigeria is finished abeg. The only person in GEJ cabinet making visible impact resigning just like that doesn't add up. The recent appreciation in power supply must have really gotten the cabals mad. Nigeria wouldn't get far with this perception.
The other day in kwara, some agberos went ahead and sabotaged rail tracks on the ilorin to offa axis because the people were deserting the motor parks & opting for train services which are cheaper & safer. The garage touts had to go and destroy the rail tracks to ensure continous business flow (smh). Nigeria is a mess.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Nightshift(m): 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
The old big spin by NEPA gangs will continue . Barth should also leave Nigeria immediately , he tried to change the way the fat pigs feed-off Nigerians thereby making many enemies . We are waiting for more news....
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by phadat(m): 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
Which way Nigeria?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by asha80(m): 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
leyom234:
Majority of Nigerians know virtually nothing about PHCN. You just want light abi? Just yesterday, MR Vice President blasted the man because it was discovered that he actually had personal interest in PHCN companies. Barth is into business of power generation. He expressed personal interest and the vice president was furious at him. He resigned out of shame. He owns a company called Geometricpower which claimed to be generating power to the national grid but in actual sense, it generates nothing. His plan to own parts of PHCN was exposed and he resigned in shame. I know Nigerians will not want to believe this because they feel its PHCN staff that cause power outage and interruption.

i agree he probably has interests in a company that wants to invest but who do you think is responsible for power outage and interruption?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by asha80(m): 10:08pm On Aug 28, 2012
CHouse: Nigeria is finished abeg. The only person in GEJ cabinet making visible impact resigning just like that doesn't add up. The recent appreciation in power supply must have really gotten the cabals mad. Nigeria wouldn't get far with this perception.
The other day in kwara, some agberos went ahead and sabotaged rail tracks on the ilorin to offa axis because the people were deserting the motor parks & opting for train services which are cheaper & safer. The garage touts had to go and destroy the rail tracks to ensure continous business flow (smh). Nigeria is a mess.

shocked shocked shocked are you sure about this?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by babyacidtalk: 10:08pm On Aug 28, 2012
acidtalk:

ABSOLUTELY SUSPICIOUS.
The fastest things Jonathan Signs and accepts are the EVIL THINGS.
Example are; dismissal of the Appeal court president (on a saturday)by the NJC and yet so slow to accept the letter for his reappointment.

The passing of the removal of the Fuel Subsidy removal in January against the April date.

The increment of the Power tariff against the earlier stated date.

and many more.

It is so obvious the man (Nnaji) refused the bribe sent him from the diesel and Petrol bigwigs (cabals) not to give steady power supply as that will affect their business negatively.

The earlier Nigerians all unite and set aside ethnic and religious sentiments and face the common enemies, the better for this country.

Seun and his foot soldiers (Moderators).
Was the above statement enough reason to ban me?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by babyacidtalk: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2012
Viewing this topic: bappahman, apache77(m), proudly9ja(m), Meristem, Goodn9ja, kbdrim(m), ukpaku, gcue, EyesWideOpen(m), mymadam, harryeema, ridlaw(m), Immune#1(m), solidbroda, NiyiMorino(m), funola, chimex38, Jaytee67(m), taharqa, miredia(m), SHABZ, pristine001, elNegro, ebony13, John311, DDNICE, leyom234, Enoquin(f), sureboykris(m), aletheia(m), Unkl'(m), abusol, Valto(m), wengerjay, Yusfa, felifeli, Mubz(m), high-chief, dont8(m), wanakak, scribble, akhis, EdDave(m), styvne, ifysoft, assetstrap(m), bowakoko, haykay2005, Johnpaul88(m), bisiofgod, dmy(m), JLINKD, scampy, Smuthx(m), Ifloxy(f), tadysmart(m), Hayjaycity(m), maclatunji, notindome, flexdee(m), cunlay007(m), Tru_lie, Eeyore(m), lat4real, Ajengogo(m), Chyvy(f), johhnnie(m), jintah4real(m), blink182(m), princeFaty, vinc, warripekin(m), oshos j.f, Hizo nizzle(m), aduhube, kay2000, idupaul, miccheck57, leftone, Malix, amaham, mobuch(m), P406, olivertwist, lordjay, Jenams(m), kodeblurr, creepytoon, ayodeji1(m), emmatok, ggiz, biz.ideas, Briz(m), honeymix77, dodoro(m), nettan, malc619(m), courage89(m), kunle21, Dells, Dejiro, awardey(m), johnstin(m), aluma(m), Onyema1(m), emmasege, madshow01(m), akinreals, OMO IBO, timoney45, oluala1, bunmikay(f), amicdan(m), anikesho, Kc2swit, jmaine(m), seledafti, princepee, Tstark(m), Ezira, intelligen(m), xtraodinaire, Dis Guy, CHUKSIE, beholddean, CHouse, Chubhie(m), Aladinn(m), Musbau abiodun, ItsGoingDown, mikeywise(m), samuelk(m), Ishsoph, chymeks(m), heman, moshood44(m), 2drajayi, Daadaaa, Egba girl(f), StarBoard, gafti001, nollyj, J luv u, Daniel Nwulu, Kamali(m), donbigboy(m), braine(m), Tallpal(m), jidewash, sr, Ray1251, omenka(m), monechuks, acidtalk, Scream(m), bitec, occam(m), Dzzbabe, GP15, eroma(m), lainex(m), moshd(m), Proxytalk, homerac7, inteli, Tiboi, Maximus17(m), doctokwus, princenonny, alaoeri, ping pong, Royal Roy(m), gidjah(m), iyaski, ayurdavid, Gabbysky, OLAJOMO(m), Sun of god(m), kay4cashmoney(m), agabaI23(m), uwa234, Genius100, thebaisify(m), Slyp, afam4eva(m), arabambi, flexya, phadat(m), ionwuachu, quid(m), kenerep, benez6(m), Kennyblues(m), chidexy(m), collozzuz, ndcide(m), osat02, profola2be(m), akinorg(m), baby_acidtalk, prince FAD, anike1, Bigflamie, seunfly, barnasbj, OneDy, hillsate, tk22ng, giddygtbank(m), ogasir2011, pluto04(m), Chynwe, Gomez(m), olsmade(m), Cachez(m), asha 80(m), smithoo, Wallie(m), petsam11, Nightshift(m), Tiphareth(m), onyeka205, kidiat, Gabriel_sylar, denuda, Biggyd2, Sketch007(m), J12(m), @Kaybase(m) and 252 guest(s)

If this number of people viewing this thread takes to the street to request for explanation into why Nnaji resigned, i believe Jonathan he realize he cant keep taking Nigerians for granted with his selfishness, deceit and endless corruprion.

1 Like

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2012
To all my conspiracy theorists out there...

Who are the Diesel and Generator Cabal you speak of biko!?

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Nightshift(m): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2012
GE, Siemens, plus other potential big investors will definitely re-evaluate their interest in Nigeria's power sector . Seemed these companies had some confidence in Nnaji's ability and seriousness . He was a guy they could work with !

2 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Wallie(m): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2012
First it was Farouk Lawan and now, Barth Nnaji? Are Nigerians just morally bankrupt that one can’t find a trustworthy leader?

I hope and pray that he was fired for anything else but corruption!
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by asha80(m): 10:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
Okija_juju: To all my conspiracy theorists out there...

Who are the Diesel and Generator Cabal you speak of biko!?

to me the main issue is that whoever that will take over would he or her stick to the privatizaton time plan.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by enevitus: 10:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
yrry
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by PrincessEni(f): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
Yes they said conflict of interest!he had interest in the Afam Station in the Enugu Area Network,but we will definitely hear all the facts in due course!
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by gidjah(m): 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2012
as far as we r concern,ds prof is d only standing minister in d nation now,hw come sme is acting devilsh wt him?i guess he wnted to defend his intergrity n remain a gd egg.now is d time for our dear mikano and chineese compatriots to resume wt dey no best! Enviromental pollutn n ozone layer constructn.only God will save d common maan in naija,UP NEPA!!
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Olaone1: 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
This is disheartening
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by jmaine: 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
Though am disappointed with his resignation . .but i keep wondering why peeps who labelled Nnaji a liar and part of team GEJ "clueless" cabinet are now singing his praises

The hypocrisy of you all stinks . .Damn !!!

3 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by chmod777: 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
Is it Nairalanders or Nigerians that lack basic common sense. For some piple of international reputation and competence to find it difficult to fix things in a place called Nigeria means something is fundamentally wrong with both the people and the system
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by smithoo(m): 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nnaji resignation came as a surprise to me. As for me the guy is performing,at least i came predict when i will have power. If a performing minister can resign,then alison-maduaeke and sanusi should resign immediately.

1 Like

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by giles14(m): 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2012
Power minister barth nnaji resigned,and his resignation was accepted by de presido c-in-c[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by flexdee(m): 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
There's always going to be a breaking point, if you get my drift.
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by bittyend(m): 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
Though, he isn't a saint based on what I've read so far - and he also has personal interests in PHCN. But this is the first time, I've seen/heard a Nigerian, on the ivory tower resign - and you've to give him credit for that. I bet he doesn't want the expose, to destroy the career, he laboured all his life to build - very smart bloke.

I wish Mrs. Ngozi Iweala and the Petroleum Minister could do the same.

Fresh air! cool
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Gonzaga1010(m): 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
What could be d cause?
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Nightshift(m): 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
The crawling continues - less than 5000 Megawatts of electricity , 180million people , over 50yrs after independence, over 400billion Dollars earned from crude oil export , a hugely short-changed and pessimistic population, deep ethnic suspicions , all these are recipes for a perilous years ahead for Nigeria .
Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by taharqa: 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2012
I am astounded by this decision. Nnaji was one of the Ministers that was doing his job meticulously.

For all we know now, he had some possible Conflict of Interest with two companies to be privatized(Afam and Enugu Disco) through his company. He apparently informed the NCP(National Council on Privatization) about this and they deferred consideration on the companies cos they didnt want to mar the entire process. He might have had to resign inorder to safeguard the integrity of the entire process(all these kind of looks to good to be true so there might be other things involved which we are not aware of yet- if however, this was what happened then my respect for him,the NCP and the Process is increased).
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/privatisation-bids-cancelled-over-firms-linked-to-nnaji/123388/

The Privatization process is one in which the govt has really impressed me so far by the kind of work they have done almost from the start,and how they have committed to adhere to their own timeline which was set in March(a rarity in Nigerian Government). All the dates given months back have been kept by these people including the Opening of the Financial Bids of the GENCOS on Friday August 24 just as was set. I hope that the process that was supposed to conclude late Sept/Oct this year(just about a month or two to go for a process that would be Nigeria's most Significant INFRASTRUCTURAL initiative in her history). THIS PROCESS MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO FAIL PLZ

https://www.nairaland.com/1004060/something-wrong-power-improving/13#11639505

3 Likes

Re: Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2012
leyom234:

Here is what puzzles me. We have known of his involvement in power generation(Geometric, which we never really confirmed, as you said, was actually generating any power) long before he become minister, in fact,it is part reason why many proclaimed him the best candidate for the position. I don't think he ever resigned from Geometric so why now?

Anywho, maybe now we get someone who we can all shut down when he tries to sell us more propaganda. Nnaji kept getting a pass because so many people saw him as a brilliant man of some sort even though much of what has taken place in the past 2.5 years is thanks to Obasanjo's signing of power plans. Had he not, we would be nowhere near 4000MW today, as the pace at which the so called reforms have been going is ridiculously slow to say the least.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ilorin Chief Imam Released After Arrest For Calling Yorubas To Take Over Kwara / Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan / Donald Duke Spoke Of His Identity Theft By Tinubu And TVC (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.