Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,160 members, 7,811,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752624 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 05, 2013
RED

If you apply now you can meet July session thats if there is one in the school you are applying to.

@those traveling

Always declare your food to customs. The airline will give you a card to declare all your food stuff, do not bother doing "boju-boju" cos they will find out and if they find out you lied to them, they will cease your food and fine you.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 05, 2013
Noswaa: pleas for the successful students it will be ideal if you people can help us list the document you submitted to the embassy,the amount of deposit made to the university before visa was issued,the amount in the statement of account etc,this will help the regular visitors of this thread to know if they can afford to study in Australia and be able to guide them in their visa applications,this is how it been done in most of the threads such as Canada and USA.Thank you

1. We advise people here to go on the immigration websites and search things for themselves. We all like people to do our work for us but to be honest, you are in a better place to find out what documents immigration needs as it is clearly stated on their website and easy to find. If you re interested in a country it is your job to find out things that country requires of students. People are not supposed to do it for us before a visitor know if they can afford it or not. I always knew the countries I wanted to study and I used the Internet to find out information for myself when I was till in high school and presented them to my parents. The rest was up to them to sort out.

2. We try to answer questions on this thread and we expect those who ask the questions to have done a little research for themselves.

3. If you go through the website you will see that the schools requires first semester fees to be paid in full before a visa can be issued. Subsequent semesters can be paid by installments. But I agree, people can post the fees they paid before they could get their visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
bbamega: As par accommodation in Armidale ,presently when I know the exact time tyrex arrival he may just be fixed in Smith House I will actually confirm the cost of a room but I am currently paying 250dollars simply because of my family but I am trying to sort out my accommodation 2bedroom flat at queens Elizabeth drive at 220 dollars partially furnished,i don't think there is problem in getting accommodation .
This to anybody coming to Armidale please try to change your money at Sydney Airport and may be you sleep at Sydney and join train to Armidale the following day however,from Sydney to Armidale is about 8hrs plus with train ,Armidale is relatively cold and try to buy enough naija food ,I can assure you jst be bold with Immigration they are very friendly with us when I arrive and answer them all what they request if you don't understand try to ask them any question they are helpful.

How did you find Sydney airport? cheesy Your next target is getting yourself your permanent residence after studies, no rest for you until you get that.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 1:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
bbamega: As par accommodation in Armidale ,presently when I know the exact time tyrex arrival he may just be fixed in Smith House I will actually confirm the cost of a room but I am currently paying 250dollars simply because of my family but I am trying to sort out my accommodation 2bedroom flat at queens Elizabeth drive at 220 dollars partially furnished,i don't think there is problem in getting accommodation .
This to anybody coming to Armidale please try to change your money at Sydney Airport and may be you sleep at Sydney and join train to Armidale the following day however,from Sydney to Armidale is about 8hrs plus with train ,Armidale is relatively cold and try to buy enough naija food ,I can assure you jst be bold with Immigration they are very friendly with us when I arrive and answer them all what they request if you don't understand try to ask them any question they are helpful.

@bbamega. Nice to know u settling in well.. Pls wich airline did u fly with and someone told me abt a BTA pls is it true..I av to show BTA to enter Australia?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by barrackokl: 7:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
i do need help on dettail and how to get australian student visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
What help do you need Barrack? Have you applied to any school yet? Be more specific please
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2013
thank jennykenny I will surely stick to your advise .
@zion you may follow Ethiad Airways or Emirate whichever one are good to go ,note that you need to pray for God favor as par BTA I think nobody asked about BTA at Airport I only declared the cash I have since is over 10,000 USD
@Kenny Sydney Airport is one the best in universe and the immigration officer are friendly.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dmitroika(m): 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
bbamega: thank jennykenny I will surely stick to your advise .
@zion you may follow Ethiad Airways or Emirate whichever one are good to go ,note that you need to pray for God favor as par BTA I think nobody asked about BTA at Airport I only declared the cash I have since is over 10,000 USD
@Kenny Sydney Airport is one the best in universe and the immigration officer are friendly.

@jenny, pls as a student coming for a 2yr tafe program how much must i hav as BTA when coming to australia. I mean the least amount that i must have on me. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
@dimtrik you have to come with your wish cash ,just have enough cash with u when yu ar coming.If you are first timer traveler pls beware of Nija immigration at Lagos they may stress you and jst have some tips with you .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:04am On Feb 06, 2013
@bbamega

Aww you are so helpful. God bless you for replying some questions. I know as school starts you will be busy so it's okay if we don't see you here for a few days. Just no abandon us oooo cheesy
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tyrexx: 5:24am On Feb 06, 2013

@ Bbamega, I am so happy that you arrived safely in Armidale with your family. My time of arrival at Armidale airport is 14:30 pm on the 12th of February. Please how do I locate smith house? What is the cost of a room at smith house?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by fendorf(m): 10:58am On Feb 06, 2013
@bbamega wish type of visa did u apply for and like how much should be in my account to apply for skilled visa?thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2013
Bbamega

Tell us what you think of Australia? I remember the first time I stepped foot in Australia, I just knew I was where I should be. There was no fear, no doubt no nothing. In Europe I was scared the minute I got off the plane, I travelled as a kid but never expressed that kind of fear before then. So when I got to Australia, I was waiting for that same feeling but it never happened
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dmitroika(m): 11:04pm On Feb 06, 2013
jennykadry: Bbamega

Tell us what you think of Australia? I remember the first time I stepped foot in Australia, I just knew I was where I should be. There was no fear, no doubt no nothing. In Europe I was scared the minute I got off the plane, I travelled as a kid but never expressed that kind of fear before then. So when I got to Australia, I was waiting for that same feeling but it never happened

@jenny you make a lot of sense with your contributions i tell you.. what a wonderful question!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:49am On Feb 07, 2013
I can see Goshen viewing this topic. We have been waiting to hear from you, how far?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 8:05am On Feb 07, 2013
jennykadry: I can see Goshen viewing this topic. We have been waiting to hear from you, how far?
@jennykadry pls I made reservation to fly Emirate to Adelaide. But there is a 8hr stopover in Dubai. Pls my question this. Will Emirate provide accomodation and meals during this stopover period or what's goin to happen. I dnt want to change airline because emirate is d only airline flying a one stopover route to Adelaide. Pls reply is needed urgently. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 07, 2013
How about you ring emirate and find out from them? I have heard people say there have free food in Dubai if their stop over time is from 4 hrs and above. I have never only had maximum 2 hours wait so I have no idea.

This is the question emirates will answer for you. Call them
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by martina7: 10:42am On Feb 07, 2013
i read all the information about traveling this really good.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
jennykadry: How about you ring emirate and find out from them? I have heard people say there have free food in Dubai if their stop over time is from 4 hrs and above. I have never only had maximum 2 hours wait so I have no idea.

This is the question emirates will answer for you. Call them
@jennykadry tanx for d reply..I wil do jst dat. Pls I wanna knw if I nid any proof of vaccination/immunization... Apart from my visa grant letter, my ticket and my intl passport..what oda tins do I nid to show at point of entry in Adelaide?? tanx once again
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
jennykadry: I can see Goshen viewing this topic. We have been waiting to hear from you, how far?

Thanks Jenny. Am still waiting oooo. I will horla as soon as I get feedback from them.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
zioni:
@jennykadry tanx for d reply..I wil do jst dat. Pls I wanna knw if I nid any proof of vaccination/immunization... Apart from my visa grant letter, my ticket and my intl passport..what oda tins do I nid to show at point of entry in Adelaide?? tanx once again

Apart from the things you mentioned above, Your food stuff is all you need to declare when you get to Adelaide . cheesy
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iamcapela: 7:02pm On Feb 07, 2013
I am live in Melbourne, Australia, it feels good to be here, as for me, I don reach my last bus stop, Gosh, this country is blessed and it's beautiful here, I got here today at about 12am Melbourne time, Everyone is nice here, even the customs and quarantine officers are friendly too, The quarantine office even joked with me and 2 other guys that we came thru Qatar airways, He was even the one who told us 9ja qualified for the nations cup final.

I've been here barely 5 hours, but I know this city has alot to offer me and others, Thanks everyone for all your inputs, encourage and all.

God bless you all, I am so jetlagged and tired, flew over 20hours, but in all it's worth now, I am here now..LOL.

I;ll post my full experience when I am fully settled.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 7:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
I will post my experience when I settled down in my own apartment ,but presently its very difficult to get accommodation as a family ,the aussie real estate agent protocols are tu much I jst want everybody to get prepared for the challenge.Honestly,its good to be in Australia very beautiful and enough job for students to support yourself.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2013
iamcapela: I am live in Melbourne, Australia, it feels good to be here, as for me, I don reach my last bus stop, Gosh, this country is blessed and it's beautiful here, I got here today at about 12am Melbourne time, Everyone is nice here, even the customs and quarantine officers are friendly too, The quarantine office even joked with me and 2 other guys that we came thru Qatar airways, He was even the one who told us 9ja qualified for the nations cup final.

I've been here barely 5 hours, but I know this city has alot to offer me and others, Thanks everyone for all your inputs, encourage and all.

God bless you all, I am so jetlagged and tired, flew over 20hours, but in all it's worth now, I am here now..LOL.

I;ll post my full experience when I am fully settled.

Good to know your arrived safely.. Hapi for u.my own departure date is 19th...aussie here I come...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iry5648: 12:34am On Feb 08, 2013
Thanks Jenny and bbamega for your help
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 08, 2013
@I am acapella

Thank God for safe journey. Melbourne is beautiful during dark hours like night time/ early hours of the morning. Gosh I envy you cheesy. I also knew this place was my last bus stop the minute I landed in Perth. I don't see myself living elsewhere but Nigeria and Australia. This country is a virgin land so Grab the opportunities while you can

I am also glad you all informed us when you got here. At least the success stories would motivate readers.

@zioni

Na you next oo

@Goshen
If you have done Medicals be ready to hear from them not too long from now.

iry5648: Thanks Jenny and bbamega for your help

No worries

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 08, 2013
If anyone has questions please feel free to ask me and the others
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chatdare(m): 7:23am On Feb 08, 2013
jennykadry: If anyone has questions please feel free to ask me and the others
@jennykadry,I just receive an addmission offer from ETI to study elicos programme (english),i was ask to accept the offer by making payment and signing some other documents the total cost of the course is $6570 for six month..
What surprises me is that I don't apply for english I applied for other certificate course...is it possible for them to offer me english without me applying for it.I won't mind 2 u send a copy of the offer letter so u can help me go through it and explain better 2 me....I will like to hear from u so as to send u a copy.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:39am On Feb 08, 2013
jennykadry: If anyone has questions please feel free to ask me and the others

100 likes

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 08, 2013
ELICOS is a very degrading course. Yes it' is an English course. In Australia, a primary and secondary school visa is more valued than ELICOS.

I will type them down In order of "strength"

1. ELICOS
2. Primary and secondary
3. Vocational education (TAFE)
4. Higher education
5. Post graduate research.
6. Non award
7. Ausaid or defense.

You speak English very well so that course you got offered is a waste of time and money. People who are from English speaking countries do not apply for ELICOS. They cannot offer it to you without you paying either, it's a course and you have to pay for it. I will advise you re-apply for a TAFE course instead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:03am On Feb 08, 2013
@Jenny,
Maybe you can give him an explanation for what hasn't been answered.
He asked if a third class degree could earn an admission into Masters program or PgD. To me, it can't earn admission into Masters, cos it's not possible here in Nigeria, except through PgD. What I don't know is PgD.
In case he can't get admitted into PgD, then what can he do?
Explanation would be appreciated.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 9:03am On Feb 08, 2013
chatdare:
@jennykadry,I just receive an addmission offer from ETI to study elicos programme (english),i was ask to accept the offer by making payment and signing some other documents the total cost of the course is $6570 for six month..
What surprises me is that I don't apply for english I applied for other certificate course...is it possible for them to offer me english without me applying for it.I won't mind 2 u send a copy of the offer letter so u can help me go through it and explain better 2 me....I will like to hear from u so as to send u a copy.
I support jennykadry summation.. Bt if I may ask wats ur highest qualification? Why not apply for a higher degree... Make sure u do ur own personal research b4 either acceptin or rejectin d offer..d final decision lies with u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.