Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,776 members, 7,959,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (778056 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 09, 2013
surecan: sis jenny,can you revisit my former question to you please

Please repost question

@chookudi

No, what we are saying is he ticks the truth in te forms and hope for the best that he gets a visa. You don't lie to foreign countries when you know they are well equipped to find out the truth.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 9:13am On Feb 09, 2013
@ jenny

I have gone through the site it was very interesting,i will like to know how possible it could be to use it get a student visa since is more of undergraduate program not post graduate diploma either,will i be given student visa,can i work and study,can i bring my dependent after,i see diploma in marketing which i will like to apply,hope they dont use to do like canada and USA that doesnt give visa when you apply a course below your former educational level.Thanks [/quote]
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 10:54am On Feb 09, 2013
chookudi: @zioni and jennykadry, tanx a lot for that info..I'll definitely tell him 2 be truthful..So u r saying that even though he lied in d visa form, he can still make amends in d medical form and be granted the visa??also will he have to fill the form before going for the medicals or he will have to do that while undergoing the medicals in the presence of the doctors?

Yes he shuld open up. When I went for my medicals I went with d 2 forms but I was given a new form and asked to fill it in deir presence at d hospital..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
Your dependent can only come with you if the course is more than 12 months. Any course under 12 months they can't come here with you. Your student visa will come with a work visa of 40 hours per fortnight automatically. As per diploma in marketing, why not apply first before thinking of being rejected.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2013
[quote author=jennykadry]Your dependent can only come with you if the course is more than 12 months. Any course under 12 months they can't come here with you. Your student visa will come with a work visa of 40 hours per fortnight automatically.As per diploma in marketing, why not apply first before thinking of being rejected.

i mean visa not admission,do you think that i can secure visa if am going for diploma course when i already have Bsc.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 10:55pm On Feb 09, 2013
zioni:
U can apply online directly to d school @ unisa.edu.au University of south australia. Make sure u certify (true copy) all documents you want to submit
please zioni. how much did you pay as deposit for the skool send u coe.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 11:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
jennykadry: There is a visa called graduate visa, you are eligible for that visa if you have studied for a minimum of 2 years. There are some points you have to meet to to get your PR visa, studying in a regional town increases your point. From the graduate visa, you can apply for PR. or if you finish your TAFE course and get a company willing to sponsor you, you don't need to apply for graduate visa, the company sponsors you for permanent residence direct

TAFE is a recognised way of study here that has to do with certifictes, diploma, advanced diploma etc . it is a step below uni. it is highly recognised here. Yes a graduate with 2:2 can apply for it

I thought graduate visa is only for those who did engineering in certain approved schools in and out of australia.jenny,please clarify

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:45am On Feb 10, 2013
@surecan
Read my posts on TAFE and my reply to you, I have Answered your question.

Concept

There is that one for engineers but there is also another visa that fresh school graduates here applied for, A family member who is a nurse and another one who studied HR applied for this visa, it's an 18 months temporary visa and a pathway to PR . I will get the exact visa number off them.

I think it's skilled graduate 485 visa. That was why I said as long as the person has studied for 2 years or more they can apply for it. Will confirm from those two re visa number.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 1:49am On Feb 10, 2013
kaycome:
please zioni. how much did you pay as deposit for the skool send u coe.
$12000 comprising 1st semester tution fee, student amenity fee and my health insurance. I hope d info is helpful

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 2:41am On Feb 10, 2013
what are the equivalent certificates or levels of education for Nigeria when you compare to AUS 10,11 or 12yrs of education as required for TAFE?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 10, 2013
Year 12 is ss3 in Nigeria this is when WAEC results come Into the show. 10 and 11 do not apply to us.

Primary 1-6(6 years though I finished in primary 5)

Secondary school js1-ss3( 6 years)

All give and take is 12 years( year 12)

In Australia people CAn drop out of school in year 10,11. Equivalent to ss1 and 2. But if you drop out, you can't study a uni or TAFE course directly, there are some courses or exam you have to do to be eligible for TAFE professional courses. As per uni i dont know what they have to do to get in, me thinks more. A year 12 graduate is eligible for TAFE and uni .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 3:04am On Feb 10, 2013
jennykadry: Year 12 is ss3 in Nigeria this is when WAEC results come Into the show. 10 and 11 do not apply to us.

Primary 1-6(6 years though I finished in primary 5) smiley

Secondary school js1-ss3( 6 years)

All give and take is 12 years( year 12)

In Australia people CAn drop out of school in year 10,11. Equivalent to ss1 and 2. But if you drop out, you can't study a uni or TAFE course directly, there are some courses or exam you have to do to be eligible for TAFE professional courses. As per uni i dont know what they have to do to get in, me thinks more. A year 12 graduate is eligible for TAFE and uni .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:10am On Feb 10, 2013
Iamcapella

I see you oooo. How are you doing?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 3:19am On Feb 10, 2013
jenny,is TAFE also applicable to SVP?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:43am On Feb 10, 2013
SVP?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 8:16am On Feb 10, 2013
@jenny,i know that is not easy for answering multiples of questions here,i will also encourage others to assist you to lesson the boding.I am asking you if a graduate can be granted visa to study Tafe?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 10, 2013
Yes you can.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 9:43am On Feb 10, 2013
cconcept: jenny,is TAFE also applicable to SVP?
NO u can't apply for visa under SVP with a Tafe course bt dere is an exception.. check dis web address and u wil get all d information u need to knw rgds SVP. http://www.immi.gov.au/students/_pdf/2011-university-sector-streamlined-processing.pdf
Am sure it wuld b helpful...let me knw if u av any oda concerns rgds SVP...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 10:12am On Feb 10, 2013
zioni: NO u can't apply for visa under SVP with a Tafe course bt dere is an exception.. check dis web address and u wil get all d information u need to knw rgds SVP. http://www.immi.gov.au/students/_pdf/2011-university-sector-streamlined-processing.pdf
Am sure it wuld b helpful...let me knw if u av any oda concerns rgds SVP...

i sent you a message,please check your NL message
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by fendorf(m): 10:55am On Feb 10, 2013
Pls what type of visa can a registered nurse and midwife apply for in australia to work?thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2013
fendorf: Pls what type of visa can a registered nurse and midwife apply for in australia to work?thanks

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/medical-practitioners/nurses.htm

Please go through that link very well and carefully. That link has got everything you will need to know about working as a nurse in australia.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 11:06am On Feb 10, 2013
jennykadry: @surecan
Read my posts on TAFE and my reply to you, I have Answered your question.

Concept

There is that one for engineers but there is also another visa that fresh school graduates here applied for, A family member who is a nurse and another one who studied HR applied for this visa, it's an 18 months temporary visa and a pathway to PR . I will get the exact visa number off them.

I think it's skilled graduate 485 visa. That was why I said as long as the person has studied for 2 years or more they can apply for it. Will confirm from those two re visa number.

jenny,have you been able to clarify this?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 10, 2013
cconcept:

jenny,have you been able to clarify this?

Was right
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 11:50am On Feb 10, 2013
jennykadry:

Was right
pls can you send me a mail-cconcept2000@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 10, 2013
cconcept:
pls can you send me a mail-cconcept2000@yahoo.com

Sorry I don't do emails. The only time I have done email was to read someone's admission letter and I also advised him that I won't reply. If you want to discuss anything with me re Australian Visa or Australia, please do it here. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2013
jennykadry:

Sorry I don't do emails. The only time I have done email was to read someone's admission letter and I also advised him that I won't reply. If you want to discuss anything with me re Australian Visa or Australia, please do it here. Thanks

well noted.
I have gone through the western australia TAFE site and i have some questions.
1.what do they mean by tuition per year,does that mean a semester?assuming one is doing a 2yr prog and it is quoted that the fee is 12k/yr?
2.can you recommend a good 2yr TAFE prog in regional areas for a female with good PR prospect
3 does studying in regional areas limit the opportunities available to students in terms of social life,work etc?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2013
cconcept:

well noted.
I have gone through the western australia TAFE site and i have some questions.
1.what do they mean by tuition per year,does that mean a semester?assuming one is doing a 2yr prog and it is quoted that the fee is 12k/yr?
2.can you recommend a good 2yr TAFE prog in regional areas for a female with good PR prospect
3 does studying in regional areas limit the opportunities available to students in terms of social life,work etc?

Will gladly answer, are you female?

1. 12k/yr meaning 6k per semester.
2. It depends on the person's interest.
3. It limits the opportunities re social life (you will make friends in regional areas but not as many as you would in a city). There is work everywhere in Australia, some regional areas even pay more for living and working there. Living in a regional area increases your chances of a PR. if you want to apply yourself, it increases your point and if you want a sponsorship, you get companies willing to sponsor you for your PR. It is very difficult in the city because they have too many of yous wanting that job and many amongst yous who are PR's and citizens, they would rather choose those ones than you cos it saves them time and money(litte) though. But in a regional area, because people would prefer to work in the city, they get short of workers and are willing to take on board anybody that shows interest.

Example: Someone studied Nursing in the city, applied for a job in different health care facilities, she got lots of job offers but when she told them she wanted sponsorship, they backed down. They told her that if ever they were going to sponsor, they would rather sponsor a nurse who is specialized in ICU, Theatre etc and not a fresh graduate. She applied for a job in a regional area, she got a telephone interview and told them she needed sponsorship AFTER they gave her the job and boommmmm, they sponsored her and immigration granted her her permanent residence after a week.

PS I am mobile, pardon my errors

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2013
jennykadry:

Will gladly answer, are you female?

1. 12k/yr meaning 6k per semester.
2. It depends on the person's interest.
3. It limits the opportunities re social life (you will make friends in regional areas but not as many as you would in a city). There is work everywhere in Australia, some regional areas even pay more for living and working there. Living in a regional area increases your chances of a PR. if you want to apply yourself, it increases your point and if you want a sponsorship, you get companies willing to sponsor you for your PR. It is very difficult in the city because they have too many of yous wanting that job and many amongst yous who are PR's and citizens, they would rather choose those ones than you cos it saves them time and money(litte) though. But in a regional area, because people would prefer to work in the city, they get short of workers and are willing to take on board anybody that shows interest.

Example: Someone studied Nursing in the city, applied for a job in different health care facilities, she got lots of job offers but when she told them she wanted sponsorship, they backed down. They told her that if ever they were going to sponsor, they would rather sponsor a nurse who is specialized in ICU, Theatre etc and not a fresh graduate. She applied for a job in a regional area, she got a telephone interview and told them she needed sponsorship AFTER they gave her the job and boommmmm, they sponsored her and immigration granted her her permanent residence after a week.

PS I am mobile, pardon my errors

ok ok ok,thanks.
I am a male,looking out for my babe and the kid smiley,remember,i am the guy asking about phd?
can you suggest some regional areas?

i never saw your errors smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 10, 2013
I would like to suggest but I can't. Remember I said, it depends on what the person is interested in? What that person might want to study might not be offered in a regional area but city. It's the individuals call to choose where they want to go.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 1:06pm On Feb 10, 2013
cconcept:

i sent you a message,please check your NL message
S how do I check message in NL?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2013
zioni:
S how do I check message in NL?

email me then-cconcept2000@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.