Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (761635 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 4:53pm On Jun 28, 2014
symbian03:

I'm also going for packaged courses. I'd advise you to search the internet for sample SOP and then try to fine-tune it to fit your circumstances!
where are you headed, Sydney?

 ƮĦΑ̲̅ΩX will check it out on the net. Western sydney institute
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Akhere29(m): 10:31pm On Jun 28, 2014
Please guys i want to study in Austria, and i have gotten all the requirement but the problem is that, i have a little error on my date of birth on my waec certificate, then i went and sworn affirdavit at high court, please will they accept it at the embassy.. i need immediate answers please!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 6:24am On Jun 29, 2014
Thank God, Nairaland is back. I came, I conquered. Victory at last. My postgraduate research visa had been granted grin. Happy mood activated.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 6:43am On Jun 29, 2014
surveyor1: Thank God, Nairaland is back. I came, I conquered. Victory at last. My postgraduate research visa had been granted grin. Happy mood activated.
CONGRATULATIONS BROS... You've helped me a lot, if I don't congratulate you who will!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cybug: 8:02am On Jun 29, 2014
surveyor1: Thank God, Nairaland is back. I came, I conquered. Victory at last. My postgraduate research visa had been granted grin. Happy mood activated.

Wow! Congratulations bro.. cheesy
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 8:26am On Jun 29, 2014

Congrats bro. Hw many days/week did it took the embassy to grant you visa? And did you do medicals before you lodged the application?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 8:28am On Jun 29, 2014

Congrats.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 8:34am On Jun 29, 2014
Hello everybody. Pls my school fee is 20k and have paid 12300, waiting for my COE,pls how much do I need to have in my bank statetment? Do you think 6M will be ok for svp application? And am going for bachelor of public health which is 3yrs and pls what are the chances of getting PR in canberra?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 9:23am On Jun 29, 2014
Congrats, forward march.....

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 29, 2014
Hi all, I got additional 2 points from my latest and last IELTS, so I will wait on my Master's degree to claim 68 points for Canadian PR-FSWP. Next year things! Oz's PR is killed. I'm out!

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holuphisayor(m): 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
congrats
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2014
wOw good luck.

ferdimako: Hi all, I got additional 2 points from my latest and last IELTS, so I will wait on my Master's degree to claim 68 points for Canadian PR-FSWP. Next year things! Oz's PR is killed. I'm out!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nues1769: 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2014
symbian03:

I'm also going for packaged courses. I'd advise you to search the internet f
or sample SOP and then try to fine-tune it to fit your circumstances!
where are you headed, Sydney?
Is your tafe packaged course diploma to degree or certificate to advance diploma?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2014

Congrats surveyor1. See me o, I was even thinking you are already in OZ. I even thought you have a Chieftaincy title in one of the towns over there, hehe.

You sure know a lot in this area. Best of wishes to you in your studies, particularly the research.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 11:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
nues1769:
Is your tafe packaged course diploma to degree or certificate to advance diploma?

Diploma - Advanced diploma total duration of 2yrs. U in same boat?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2014

Congrats man
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 12:05am On Jun 30, 2014
Congrat
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 6:44am On Jun 30, 2014
Zenkel:

Congrats bro. Hw many days/week did it took the embassy to grant you visa? And did you do medicals before you lodged the application?
9 working days but I did medical prior to lodgement.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 6:45am On Jun 30, 2014
FutureDon:

Congrats surveyor1. See me o, I was even thinking you are already in OZ. I even thought you have a Chieftaincy title in one of the towns over there, hehe.

You sure know a lot in this area. Best of wishes to you in your studies, particularly the research.
Lol. I am in the UK not aussie yet lool

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 6:47am On Jun 30, 2014
stalco84: Hello everybody. Pls my school fee is 20k and have paid 12300, waiting for my COE,pls how much do I need to have in my bank statetment? Do you think 6M will be ok for svp application? And am going for bachelor of public health which is 3yrs and pls what are the chances of getting PR in canberra?
firstly, you don't need a bank statement. I applied with my wife n a son without bank statement. just keep the bank statements just in case. why only canberra? spread your tentacles, getting your PR that what matters.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 10:29am On Jun 30, 2014
Thanks for the resonse and congrats. Reson why I ask is because my program will be starting on the 8 of august and I dont want a situation where I will apply and they will be asking for bank statement which will take another time, I have bank statement with me already and all necessary documents are ready. Pls I hope is not too late to apply? And the reson why I said pr in canberra is because thats where I will be doing my program and I will like to file for PR and the end of my 2nd year.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 10:45am On Jun 30, 2014
Is there anyone going through the 189 process currently and does anyone know how long it will take to go through the security check for Nigerians ?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:58am On Jun 30, 2014
stalco84: Thanks for the resonse and congrats. Reson why I ask is because my program will be starting on the 8 of august and I dont want a situation where I will apply and they will be asking for bank statement which will take another time, I have bank statement with me already and all necessary documents are ready. Pls I hope is not too late to apply? And the reson why I said pr in canberra is because thats where I will be doing my program and I will like to file for PR and the end of my 2nd year.
it is not too late but you are running out of time. go and do your medical by Wednesday and submit your application this week. completing your degree in canberra doesn't mean you should apply only to canberra state. apply for your student visa first, one at a time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 11:01am On Jun 30, 2014
spiggy: Is there anyone going through the 189 process currently and does anyone know how long it will take to go through the security check for Nigerians ?

what do u meant by security check? Do you mean police certificate or what? have you applied for the visa?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by spiggy: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
@surveyor1 - Thanks for responding....

The security check is part of the 189 skilled migrant application process and it is done in addition to health and character checks. The length of time it takes varies from country to country so I just wanted to find out and how long it takes from others who have gone through the process and use that as a rough estimate. The police certificate seems to be used as one part of the character/security check - but I have submitted that already anyway.

I lodged the application about 7 months back and my case officer informed me he is waiting for the conclusion of the security checks hence my original questions.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nues1769: 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
symbian03:

Diploma - Advanced diploma total duration of 2yrs. U in same boat?
its a packaged course but it diploma to degree 3years
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
@surveyor1 thanks for the response. I will be going for my medicals on Wednesday or tomorrow. I just hope my COE will be ready by Thursday, and I didnt write test of english cause my school didn't request for it, and my admission was unconditional. I just hope embassy wont ask for it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 1:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
ferdimako: Hi all, I got additional 2 points from my latest and last IELTS, so I will wait on my Master's degree to claim 68 points for Canadian PR-FSWP. Next year things! Oz's PR is killed. I'm out!

Congratulations brother.
For the words in bold, you are not serious at all.

surveyor1: I came, I conquered. Victory at last. My postgraduate research visa had been granted grin. Happy mood activated.
Great news and congrats. It remains Mr CConcept.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hello House, please does the police character certificate required for Oz PR have a validity date? I'm expecting my IELTS results and assessment result this week, so I should apply for EOI in July, and the proper PR application in 2-3 months time hopefully.

I'm in Nigeria presently, so I'd like to know if it's okay to get the police character certificate now. Plus, do I need to authenticate it at the ministry of foreign affairs?

Thanks in advance...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
Nigerians dont go through long security checks. Ubktech got his gsm 189 visa in 7mths, and it took that long cos one of his dependents had his medicals referred, cos of tb, and he had to undergo treatment. Nwokenna also went via the pr route, and his took less than 6mths...same with manmeta also, i think. And all these applications were made when the processing time was still 12 to 18mths....but now, it has been drastically reduced to 3mths. I have seen Nigerians on other forums who got their visas in less than 6mths also...infact, i saw a Nigerian on another forum who applied ending of April, got a co allocated ending of may..then the co asked him to go do medicals.....and most times, they dont tell you to go do medicals if you will be placed on longggg security checks, cos medicals are valid for just a year, while security checks take between 10mths and above......so long and short, i have not come across any Nigerian who had to wait as long as the pakistanis, bangladeshi, iranians or other arabs. @cyph8, dont do the pcc now, cos it is valid for a year and you cant enter Aus after it expires...same with medicals. Your initial entry date is mostly calculated on the expiry date of your pcc or medicals, whichever comes earlier. Wait till you lodge, and are uploading documents before you get it...so you can extend the validity. Some people even wait till the co requests for it, which is most times along with medicals. You dont need to authenticate police character report. All the co needs is the original copy uploaded, not certified/notarised/authenticated. Foe the person requesting to know about canberra pr - you should visit the act website. Im not sure of canberra, but I know that Adelaide offers such pr route, where you can apply for state nomination, after completing at least 2yrs of study. Long and short, browse the website thoroughly.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
Got it. Thanks ma.

bossladyMo: @cyph8, dont do the pcc now, cos it is valid for a year and you cant enter Aus after it expires...same with medicals. Your initial entry date is mostly calculated on the expiry date of your pcc or medicals, whichever comes earlier. Wait till you lodge, and are uploading documents before you get it...so you can extend the validity. Some people even wait till the co requests for it, which is most times along with medicals. You dont need to authenticate police character report. All the co needs is the original copy uploaded, not certified/notarised/authenticated.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hi ALL,

With HND in chemical Engineering, what are my options in australia.

Can i be eligible for graduate studies?

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.