Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (755783 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 11:27am On Jul 06, 2014
zoe iyke:
Is there any specific amount DIBP or the assessing body expects someone applying for a PR from naija to have in his/her account?

Those who already got their PR are in a better position to answer this. But I don't think so, if you're applying under subclass 189. If applying under subclass 190/489 (state/regional nomination) however, some states require evidence of financial capacity / net assets before nominating you. Northern Territory for example require AU$ 35,000 net assets for individual applicant, it is higher for applicants with dependants. Some other states like ACT don't specify the amount, but they want to know your financial capacity.

At the time of assessment, you don't need to show evidence of financial capacity. What is your assessing body?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nues1769: 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
symbian03:

Cool ;-) Under what assessment level did you fall?

SVP VISA But the uni emailed me that I must use an agent for diploma to degree packaged course
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2014
nues1769:

SVP VISA But the uni emailed me that I must use an agent for diploma to degree packaged course

Agents demands are often a great deal and time consuming. IMHO, using agents should be optional.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Shabaranks: 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
bossladyMo: Congrats to evrtyone who got their visas! Surveyor, I actually thought you were already in Oz! Congrats!!!.

Shabaranks, thank God for a safe flight. Will b joining all you Aussies soon by his grace...
Thanks bossladymo. I wish u all d best. smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kingsley989(m): 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hi all. I will be graduating with HND in Elect/Elect and planning on traveling to Australia OR Canada. What are my chances of succeeding and what kind of jobs are available. Thanks all as i await your responds.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by tunnath: 3:04am On Jul 07, 2014
Being an undergraduate student here,how can I apply for a school in aussie,and what is the requirement for the processing,pls I need a response from you house,thnks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Shabaranks: 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
tunnath: Being an undergraduate student here,how can I apply for a school in aussie,and what is the requirement for the processing,pls I need a response from you house,thnks
Check immi.gov.au most of the infos u need are there. What do u wanna study in aussie? Tafe, B.sc or Masters?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Shabaranks: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
kingsley989: Hi all. I will be graduating with HND in Elect/Elect and planning on traveling to Australia OR Canada. What are my chances of succeeding and what kind of jobs are available. Thanks all as i await your responds.
What do u mean by succeeding? Do u ve plans to study?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
House, is there any hope for PR after 2years Masters in a field not in Skilled occupations required. Like Masters graduate of business management, marketing or Administration.
Any other chances after the program? Apart from marrying an Aussie o...as suggested by some.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
^^^
I won't advice going for that kind of program so as to be on the safe side.

I got your message some days back but I don't know if you got the response via that medium. Did you?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
RedReact: ^^^
I won't advice going for that kind of program so as to be on the safe side.

I got your message some days back but I don't know if you got the response via that medium. Did you?
oh ! I didn't, I'll check my gmail.
Thanks for your advice.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by tunnath: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
B.sc @shabaranks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
lawland: Hi house,
For people that has gotten positive assessment from Vetasses, pls what document do I need to submit to them?
I know of degree result and transcript, I just want to know more of employment related documents... Do I need to write career episode as in Engineer Australia? Someone should walk me thru this pls.
@ surveyor, congrts man, you deserve it.

I submitted just employment contract, employer reference/statemÄ—ent of service and payslips (one from each quarter of the length of time I worked). No need for career episodes, just a well detailed cv. Instructions on what the cv should contain are on their website.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
lawland: Must the transcript be sent from the school? Yes Vetasses is the assessment body.

YES! Or else they won't even touch your file. Other assessing bodies might accept scanned copies though.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 12:00am On Jul 08, 2014
my brothers and sisters in the house who are already in oz abeg make una help a brother make up im mind. av gotten an offer for petroleum eng in universide of adelaide masters and environmental engineering in griffith university nathan campus brisbane. my question is if you where me what which will you choose and why. trust me i am honestly confused as it may seem like i should just do petroleum but what i am really concerned about is employability after school and not the wages. pls house help out. my start date is feb 2015.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by stalco84: 6:13am On Jul 08, 2014
malkinburg: my brothers and sisters in the house who are already in oz abeg make una help a brother make up im mind. av gotten an offer for petroleum eng in universide of adelaide masters and environmental engineering in griffith university nathan campus brisbane. my question is if you where me what which will you choose and why. trust me i am honestly confused as it may seem like i should just do petroleum but what i am really concerned about is employability after school and not the wages. pls house help out. my start date is feb 2015.
tell lord to deside for you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by proftaiwo: 8:27am On Jul 08, 2014
Hello dears ..Aussies residents in the house pls can you tell about the Australia college of IT.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 08, 2014
wahabcoal: House, is there any hope for PR after 2years Masters in a field not in Skilled occupations required. Like Masters graduate of business management, marketing or Administration.
Any other chances after the program? Apart from marrying an Aussie o...as suggested by some.

@ALL,
I think we need to clarify the impression that you get PR after 2yrs of study in Australia, I honestly do not think that there is anything like PR after 2yrs of Study. But what is available is an opportunity for Graduate Visa (Subclass 485, 476 etc) which will provide a pathway to permanent residency eventually. However, you will still need to meet the requirements of skilled migration to get your PR.

I stand to be corrected, but I would like anyone with counter opinion to enlighten me including the PR visa(s) one can apply for after 2yrs of study

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Shabaranks: 9:30am On Jul 08, 2014
tunnath: B.sc @shabaranks
Check the list of SVP schools on immi.gov.au then Check for ur preferred course and its requirements. U will find all u need there. Incase u need more clarification, feel free 2 drop ur questions here.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 10:03am On Jul 08, 2014
UBKtech:

@ALL,
I think we need to clarify the impression that you get PR after 2yrs of study in Australia, I honestly do not think that there is anything like PR after 2yrs of Study. But what is available is an opportunity for Graduate Visa (Subclass 485, 476 etc) which will provide a pathway to permanent residency eventually. However, you will still need to meet the requirements of skilled migration to get your PR.

I stand to be corrected, but I would like anyone with counter opinion to enlighten me including the PR visa(s) one can apply for after 2yrs of study

Thanks

Yea, i did not imply any course could gain PR after 2 years of study, ONLY courses on the Skilled occupation list gurantees PR before or after studies. Even if its a TAFE program with occupation on the SOL list, its a sure pathway for PR unlike occupations not on the list.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
I got my student visa this morning. I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the success of this thread..... special thanks to nkechima, shabaranks, and surveyor. I'm going for Msc in Structural Engineering at UNSW.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
Zenkel: I got my student visa this morning. I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the success of this thread..... special thanks to nkechima, shabaranks, and surveyor. I'm going for Msc in Structural Engineering at UNSW.

congrats. did you do medicals before lodging ur visa request?? and did u also provide bank statement? how long did it take??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
Zenkel: I got my student visa this morning. I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the success of this thread..... special thanks to nkechima, shabaranks, and surveyor. I'm going for Msc in Structural Engineering at UNSW.
Congratulation. Team july fly****
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Zenkel(m): 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
malkinburg:

congrats. did you do medicals before lodging ur visa request?? and did u also provide bank statement? how long did it take??

Thanks. I didn't do medicals before lodging my visa; I waited for d directive of my case officer who contacted me 9 working days after the application.
I didn't provide bank statement. It took me approximately 3weeks to get the visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
Dear friends, kindly assist with this issue. I sent a mail to british council but I'm yet to receive reply.
I was trying to register for ielts and I
I read the instructions on the website that the name for the registration should be the name on my international passport. I got my international Passport before I got married so I have my maiden name on the passport but I would be applying for the PR using my married name because we are applying as a family.
My question is can I register using my new surname ( husband's name) and go to the exam centre with my marriage certificate as a proof that I am the same person. Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
Dear friends, kindly assist with this issue. I sent a mail to british council but I'm yet to receive reply.
I read the instructions on the website that the name for the registration should be the name on my international passport. I got my international Passport before I got married so I have my maiden name on the passport but I would be applying for the PR using my married name because we are applying as a family.
My question is can I register using my new surname ( husband's name) and go to the exam centre with my marriage certificate as a proof that I am the same person. Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
sexysisi: Dear friends, kindly assist with this issue. I sent a mail to british council but I'm yet to receive reply.

That's no biggie! I assume your educational certificates also bear your maiden name. All you have to do is provide an evidence of name change when applying for the PR proper. It can be gotten at a court for like 2,500 or so...but ensure it is a big court like a high court, not a kwe kwe court. This will cover any name irregularities.

I think it's safe to say you can go ahead with the ielts in your maiden name. Ielts is valid for 3yrs, and they don't expect your life to be on a standstill for those 3yrs. It's alright, as long as you have the proper documentationto back up the name change e.g affidavit, marriage cert, when the embassy asks.

Which PR are you going for?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
Please house, can i pay my OSHIC to d school using gtb master card? Somebody said i needed to have a gtb online code to be able to do this. Any better means of paying money to oz schools pls? Thanx.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Shabaranks: 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
Congrats! Welcome to the train grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Shabaranks: 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
aduktus: Please house, can i pay my OSHIC to d school using gtb master card? Somebody said i needed to have a gtb online code to be able to do this. Any better means of paying money to oz schools pls? Thanx.
U need to activate ur online banking to be able to make online transactions using a Gtb Mastercard. However, u culd walk into any Gtb bank and make a telegraphic transfer or preferably if u have a Dom account. Most schools ve a method of payment and most times ur OSHC is added to ur acceptance fee.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kingsbeko(m): 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
. Congratulation
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Shabaranks: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
Come ooo...where is @Nkechima? Hw far with ur application? Hope all is well?

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.