Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,238 members, 7,957,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (777754 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
FutureDon: malkinburg, sorry for responding lately - QLD. October. No SOA. Applied Sept 4. The slight delay is attributed to my meds.

Bros, you be journalist? see as you fire me with questions.

Lol I no be journalist ooh. My blood bin dey rush. By Gods grace i will join u and surveyor1 in QLD come feb2015. I Just dey wait my COE make I pull trigger for my 573.

Cheers
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:45am On Sep 28, 2014
Please, I wanna know if aussie universities accept 2.2 for msc programme. Thank you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 6:55am On Sep 28, 2014
Kingzy4pep: Please, I wanna know if aussie universities accept 2.2 for msc programme. Thank you.
They do. I will advice you to opt for course,that is on the SOL/CSOL list. Very important!!!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 6:56am On Sep 28, 2014
malkinburg:

Lol I no be journalist ooh. My blood bin dey rush. By Gods grace i will join u and surveyor1 in QLD come feb2015. I Just dey wait my COE make I pull trigger for my 573.

Cheers

Ameen. Waiting for ya
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brainny74(m): 8:15am On Sep 28, 2014
UBKtech:

Well, am not a radiographer, Nwokenna is, however the process is the same. Your occupation Medical Diagnostic Radiographer 251211 is on the skilled occupation list SOL

the process is like this:
1. IELTS ACADEMIC 7.0 with no band less than 7.0
2. SKills Assessment by the Australian Institute of Radiography http://www.air.asn.au/overseasass.php
3. Expression of Interest EOI
4. Visa Application
5. Welcome to Australia!

But go here first and take the points test: you will need at least 55points to start. http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx

This booklet explained all the steps from start to finish http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1119.pdf
Tnks UBKTech, will peep into it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kingzy4pep(m): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2014
surveyor1:
They do. I will advice you to opt for course,that is on the SOL/CSOL list. Very important!!!!!
Tnx for ur reply. I studied geology and I just checked the CSOL list and found that my course of study was listed there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:23am On Sep 28, 2014
Kingzy4pep: Tnx for ur reply. How do I know the courses on that list. I studied geology here.
google SOL list australia. It will pump iur or alternatively, check www.immi.gov.au
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kingzy4pep(m): 9:32am On Sep 28, 2014
surveyor1:
google SOL list australia. It will pump iur or alternatively, check www.immi.gov.au
I just checked the CSOL list and found that my course of study was listed there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pls all who can help with accommodation in brisbane... I'm looking for one... @surveyor1 pls help... Griffith accommodation
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
iriferi: Pls all who can help with accommodation in brisbane... I'm looking for one... @surveyor1 pls help... Griffith accommodation

Bro you searched on www​. flatmate.com.au & www​. gumtree.com.au you might just be lucky.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
iriferi: Pls all who can help with accommodation in brisbane... I'm looking for one... @surveyor1 pls help... Griffith accommodation
You can get a share house in brisbane via gumtree but get a backpacker when you arrive and you can check gumtree. Flatmate is crap.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
When are you landing iriferi?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
surveyor1: When are you landing iriferi?
I'm looking at monday/tuesday Sir... Should I book one way or round trip How well do you trust wakanow.com
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dailydolar(m): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
@ surveyor and the oda gurus in the house i need help here i have a bsc in chemistry and also waiting for my MSc in Physical chemistry result from Futo cos i have not done my defence i have plan to go to abroad to study for Phd but d way things r now it hard surviving here cos am married with 3kids my wife is a gradute 2 by in psycology getting wor for here has been hard but we r surviving well here ooo and i have checked d SOL and CSOL nd chemistry is not dere what do u tink is my option to go to Aussie and get PR by dis i mean which route will u advice i take shd i wait for this futo defence dat has lingered for like 8mths now if not 1yr or apply for a TAFE or advance diplomer in any of d skilled fille. pls help answer i need help
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
iriferi: I'm looking at monday/tuesday Sir... Should I book one way or round trip How well do you trust wakanow.com
One way is fine, you dont need round trip. I dont trust wakanow because the stated fare on their website changes by time of payment.However, individual opinion varies, some people may like their service. I used travelstart sha. Safe trip

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
dailydolar: @ surveyor and the oda gurus in the house i need help here i have a bsc in chemistry and also waiting for my MSc in Physical chemistry result from Futo cos i have not done my defence i have plan to go to abroad to study for Phd but d way things r now it hard surviving here cos am married with 3kids my wife is a gradute 2 by in psycology getting wor for here has been hard but we r surviving well here ooo and i have checked d SOL and CSOL nd chemistry is not dere what do u tink is my option to go to Aussie and get PR by dis i mean which route will u advice i take shd i wait for this futo defence dat has lingered for like 8mths now if not 1yr or apply for a TAFE or advance diplomer in any of d skilled fille. pls help answer i need help
Firstly, what are the age bracket of your children? Because once they have reach the age 5, you must enrol them in school, which is additional cost. Considering the cost of tafe and school fee for your children and the work right of your wife as dependant of tafe, it worth going for phd route. This is because your children school fees are waived and you and your wife will have unlimited working hours. Lastly, you dont need to submit bank statement for visa application. But if you opt for tafe, you will need to show huge bank account for 4 dependants. Chemistry is a very good course, try to tailor your phd research towards health and check similar field on SOL/CSOL list. All in all, the ball is your court

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
surveyor1:
One way is fine, you dont need round trip. I dont trust wakanow because the stated fare on their website changes by time of payment.However, individual opinion varies, some people may like their service. I used travelstart sha. Safe trip
owk thanks... What about accomodation, what do u suggest?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
iriferi: I'm looking at monday/tuesday Sir... Should I book one way or round trip How well do you trust wakanow.com

Waka now isn't too bad. I know a couple of people who use them regularly. If u are in abj go to their office at the Hilton. No time. Try and purchase ur ticket Asap. Safe journey mate.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
malkinburg:

Waka now isn't too bad. I know a couple of people who use them regularly. If u are in abj go to their office at the Hilton. No time. Try and purchase ur ticket Asap. Safe journey mate.
Thanks Boss...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
iriferi: owk thanks... What about accomodation, what do u suggest?

U cud try and refine ur search to suburbs like nathan, banoon, sunnybank near Griffith Nathan campus. I believe u cud get good deals from about 130 to 200 PW. Just make Sure ur not too far away from school or bus/train station. BTW try arrange ur drivers liciense it would come in handy. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dailydolar(m): 8:05am On Sep 30, 2014
surveyor1:
Firstly, what are the age bracket of your children? Because once they have reach the age 5, you must enrol them in school, which is additional cost. Considering the cost of tafe and school fee for your children and the work right of your wife as dependant of tafe, it worth going for phd route. This is because your children school fees are waived and you and your wife will have unlimited working hours. Lastly, you dont need to submit bank statement for visa application. But if you opt for tafe, you will need to show huge bank account for 4 dependants. Chemistry is a very good course, try to tailor your phd research towards health and check similar field on SOL/CSOL list. All in all, the ball is your court
my first son is 5yr, d second is 3yrs while d last is jus 8months old but i was not trying to take dem alomg for the tafe if i follow that route as per the Phd so u advice i wait get my MSc and apply for Phd which will allow me to take my family along i c may be i should do taht but dis (ja sch and dere system dey r jus wasting my time here shd hadve grad long time ago but u know now.
can u believe this my guy that we started this msc together in uk is now doing phd over dere while am still here strugling to get my MSc defence done. men dis country sha i cry some times i am planning on abandoning it self and do my MSc afresh, but u gave me hope thank u surveyor
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 10:46am On Sep 30, 2014
I got a situation here. I did my medicals on 27/8/2014 and got a message from global health for additional medicals on 8/9/2014 on d ground of calcified lesions in the upper zone of the lung secondary to previous tb treatment and the tests included Xray and sputum culture plus others which I started on 9/9/2014 but the sputum would take at least 6 weeks to be reported. Every other tests carried out by the panel doctor were negative..but still waiting for sputum culture result.
I lodged my application on 23/09/2014 and got a message from vfs that my application has been dispatched to the embassy for processing.
Now my concerns....
1) Up til now, no case officer has been allocated to my application. Anybody with any info on issue like this?
2) the additional medicals were to be forwarded within 28 days but certainly this will be impossible as the sputum culture takes 6 weeks mini. I would have notified the CO but no case officer has contacted me. what do I do?
3) when will I likely have final decision on my application?
4) I didn't declare any previous tb treatment in my medical form but they discovered it by themselves, hence the additional medicals but I declared this in my visa form, will this affect the visa decision?
My application is a SVP, 574, PhD, tuition scholarship.
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2014
aduktus:

1. I can bet you already have a CO who is just waiting on your medical clearance. I didn't get to know my CO until I contacted them to express concern about my application.

2. You may contact Pretoria for them to clarify this. The team leader (student) or your case officer is likely to respond.

3. Until your medicals is cleared - your app will be assessed but your visa will only be issued when you've satisfied the health requirements.

4. No it will not, fear not sir.

Cheers and good luck.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2014

Go on Qatar airways and get yourself a one-way cheap ticket from Lagos to Brisbane. If you pay with your ATM card, your visa will be ready almost immediately. On the other hand, If you pay into their bank account, e-ticket will be email in about 30-40mins. #TeamQLD.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Just thought to share this - if you think your waiting in unusual and have exceeded the normal processing period, it is advisable to contact Pretoria to check if everything is alright. I contacted them the same day my visa was issued only for the team leader (Student) to realise my CO had sent a PVC request mail to a wrong email address.

If I hadn't contacted them, they would have been waiting for me to respond to a mail I never received smiley They are generally nice, so just go straight to them point (and be nice but not obsequous) when contacting them (through email).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
FutureDon:

1. I can bet you already have a CO who is just waiting on your medical clearance. I didn't get to know my CO until I contacted them to express concern about my application.

2. You may contact Pretoria for them to clarify this. The team leader (student) or your case officer is likely to respond.

3. Until your medicals is cleared - your app will be assessed but your visa will only be issued when you've satisfied the health requirements.

4. No it will not, fear not sir.

Cheers and good luck.
@FutureDon....many thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brainny74(m): 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
bossladyMo: Just throw the question open to the house...

Good day bosslady, I have been searching for mr nwokenna all these while cos I wanted †φ ask him. Very personal question as regards my profession but can't find him, I hve perused through the thread and I'm begining †φ have visual blurring pls can help me with one ƒ his post or anything just †φ geyt him, I'm a radiographer, tnks and God bless u
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nwokenna:

My broda am kinda delaying my travelling till after X-mass am kinda waiting for my AHPRA to pull thru b4 hiting Emirates office in Lagos i guess they should have an office here in PH where i stay not sure tho.

Here is a post of his...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
brainny74:

Good day bosslady, I have been searching for mr nwokenna all these while cos I wanted †φ ask him. Very personal question as regards my profession but can't find him, I hve perused through the thread and I'm begining †φ have visual blurring pls can help me with one ƒ his post or anything just †φ geyt him, I'm a radiographer, tnks and God bless u

Type Nwokenna in the search box above, his posts should come up and you can view his profile directly.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
Manmenta. How far?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by remmy27(f): 12:26am On Oct 01, 2014
pls for God sake, i am a mother willing to hay my children to get into Australia to hastle and succeed. They are graduates of patches, sociology and Gaurdiance &Counselling. I really dont have money for schooling but i have an opportunity through an agent to get them d visa through seminar of a thing. They intend working and later get a school to further more. They need to work toward getting d PR. Pls enlight me. What is third chances. They of ages 27, 25 and 23. Waiting to have an helpful advice. Nigeria is very tough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.