Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (753907 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
FutureDon: 574 approved today. No regrets turning down the few doctoral offers I had gotten in America.

Thanks to everyone who were on this thread before me. Your posts were really insightful to the extent that I almost became a travel agent, lol grin

#TeamAustralia.

Congrats. May God open the way for the rest of us hopefuls as he has done for u.

Where r u headed to?
When does ur program start?
Did u add SOA to ur application?
How long after lodgement before approval?

Wishing u all the best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 4:53am On Sep 26, 2014
FutureDon: 574 approved today. No regrets turning down the few doctoral offers I had gotten in America.

Thanks to everyone who were on this thread before me. Your posts were really insightful to the extent that I almost became a travel agent, lol grin

#TeamAustralia.

Congrats bro, wish you Good luck.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 9:29am On Sep 26, 2014
Thanks everyone. Submitted at VFS on 04 Sep.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chamboy(m): 11:11am On Sep 26, 2014
House have got admission to Griffiths uni how do I apply for student visa with or without Agent. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chamboy(m): 11:28am On Sep 26, 2014
surveyor1:
Thanks ma. longest time. na Gold coast i dey hide o.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 11:43am On Sep 26, 2014
chamboy: House have got admission to Griffiths uni how do I apply for student visa with or without Agent. Thanks
You dont need an agent. Just apply. I applied without agent..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
malkinburg, sorry for responding lately - QLD. October. No SOA. Applied Sept 4. The slight delay is attributed to my meds.

Bros, you be journalist? see as you fire me with questions.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brainny74(m): 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
bossladyMo:

Hey! I'm not conversant with that occupation and it's requirements, but try getting in touch with eother Nwokenna or UBKtech....one of them is medical radiographer and is now in Aus via the skilled migrant route.

Overall, the major steps are -

Get assessed
Get IELTS done
Submit EOI
Lodge visa after invite
Submit documents
Medicals
Grant

Hope this helped...
Thx bosslady, it will go along way †φ helping me, and just incase Ђow do get in touch with either ƒ those two? Are they on here? Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
I have a question @ jennykadry or anybody who can help me in this regards. Since DIBP might possibly frown at sponsorship by uncle or aunt who is Nigerian based, what are the obligations of an uncle or aunt who is an Australian citizen or PR? aside a sworn affidavit of support and bank statement? would really appreciate your response.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
Congrats....

#TeamAustralia.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
brainny74:
Thx bosslady, it will go along way †φ helping me, and just incase Ђow do get in touch with either ƒ those two? Are they on here? Thanks

Yes they are. Go through the thread, you will see a couple of posts from them.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
ceazar:

Thanks a lot FutureDon. I almost forgot about my statement of purpose. I would speak to my agent about the SVP declaration form as it was not attached to my offer letter. All i got was an acceptance form and an acceptance checklist for AL3$4 and i am certain that Deakin Uni is under SVP. Is there anything else you think i should add?

I made all necessary inquiries and that's why i was prepared to show a statement of account with $30k+ just to receive a CoE. But i didnt think i would be asked to show a statement with $60k (balance of school fees + $18k) to apply for visa when my school is under SVP.

Is anyone currently about to or has just started processing his/her student visa 573 to AU on his/her own? Lets work together.
Yeah I just started mine too.
I applied for VET program.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hello house.
I just got admitted in (VET) vocational program in Queensland,duration of 52 weeks.
My program type is a diploma program in business,I initially studied civil engineering and currently holding an ND certificate.
please kindly help me on what next to do,since I have never seen anyone applied for a vocational program on this thread.
am I good to apply for Visa?
what are the requirements?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brainny74(m): 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
UBKtech:

Honestly, I think immigration should play by their rules, the financial requirements as set by them is to have enough funds to cover tuition, living expenses and return airfare for the first ONE YEAR(twelve months). And not for the whole duration of the program

Granted, I know it is almost impossible to
cover the remaining costs through part-time student work because international student fees cost an arm and a leg. But I believe that the DIBP should as a matter of integrity adhere to its own rules. I believe this requirement came into effect earlier this year and replaced the earlier one that required students to show proof of funds for the whole duration of their study.

Source: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/Student-572-Assessment-Level-3-checklist.aspx
Goodday UKB pls I really your help on this, a nairalander(Bosslady) actually told me about you. The thing is this, I am a medical radiogrpher, graduated since 2011 and I'm seriously wnting †φ migrate †φ Australia, now †φ be since with you I don't what nd where †φ start from, I'm just in the dark!
So if u can help me with any information that will help me, please kindly and such will be highly appreciated, thanks and waiting....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 9:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
Please where is the best place for someone to do his medical is it abuja or lagos. What documents are required to be presented before medicals. How much does it cost for adult and kids.Can I schedule my medicals for weekend or must be a week day. I would appreciate inputs from anyone who has done medicals recently. Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
gogochocolate: Please where is the best place for someone to do his medical is it abuja or lagos. What documents are required to be presented before medicals. How much does it cost for adult and kids.Can I schedule my medicals fora weekend or it must be a week day. Anyone who has dome

Depends on location close to you. The price difference is not significant.

Adult - 40,200 (Lagos) 35,000 (Abuja)

Kid - 20,000 (Lagos) Think same for Abuja.

This is one of the numbers for Lagos clinic, 08081009944, you can call to ask if there's room for weekend appointment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
Please do you have the contact for the abuja centre. The phone number on the DIBP website cannot be reached. Are the radiology and medical tests done in different places in lagos as I can see two addresses. Can I pay at the hospital on the day of the medicals
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
The radiology (X-ray) is done at St Nicholas.

Where are you based?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chamboy(m): 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
surveyor1:
You dont need an agent. Just apply. I applied without agent..
Please I need info on how
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
I am based in the owerri so abuja may end up being a better alternative particularly as I have kids going with me. Did you have to prebook before you went for the test
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 11:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
gogochocolate: I am based in the owerri so abuja may end up being a better alternative particularly as I have kids going with me. Did you have to prebook before you went for the test

did mine @ zankli abuja. Cost me 30,000 Naira Only!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
iriferi: did mine @ zankli abuja. Cost me 30,000 Naira Only!!!

Please did you call them at Abuja before going for the test and what means did you you use to schedule the appointment. Did you go with your international passport ? I need to be sure because I dont want to repeat the trip to abuja.thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 2:42am On Sep 27, 2014
gogochocolate:

Please did you call them at Abuja before going for the test and what means did you you use to schedule the appointment. Did you go with your international passport ? I need to be sure because I dont want to repeat the trip to abuja.thanks
go with your intl passport and two passport fotos per person attending
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 2:43am On Sep 27, 2014
gogochocolate: I am based in the owerri so abuja may end up being a better alternative particularly as I have kids going with me. Did you have to prebook before you went for the test

always better to prebook yeah
else go very early before people who booked start showing up
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 7:06am On Sep 27, 2014
Please does the Abuja Clinic work on weekends and what number can I use to reach them. The number listed on DIBP website are not reachable
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2014
gogochocolate: Please does the Abuja Clinic work on weekends and what number can I use to reach them. The number listed on DIBP website are not reachable
they don't work on weekends. You have to go with ur referral letter.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 8:49am On Sep 27, 2014
gogochocolate: Please does the Abuja Clinic work on weekends and what number can I use to reach them. The number listed on DIBP website are not reachable
lagos does work on wkends but you have to book ahead and they charge an extra 5k per person to conduct your meds on Saturdays. Just Saturdays oh
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2014
symbian03: I have a question @ jennykadry or anybody who can help me in this regards. Since DIBP might possibly frown at sponsorship by uncle or aunt who is Nigerian based, what are the obligations of an uncle or aunt who is an Australian citizen or PR? aside a sworn affidavit of support and bank statement? would really appreciate your response.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
brainny74:
Goodday UKB pls I really your help on this, a nairalander(Bosslady) actually told me about you. The thing is this, I am a medical radiogrpher, graduated since 2011 and I'm seriously wnting †φ migrate †φ Australia, now †φ be since with you I don't what nd where †φ start from, I'm just in the dark!
So if u can help me with any information that will help me, please kindly and such will be highly appreciated, thanks and waiting....

Well, am not a radiographer, Nwokenna is, however the process is the same. Your occupation Medical Diagnostic Radiographer 251211 is on the skilled occupation list SOL

the process is like this:
1. IELTS ACADEMIC 7.0 with no band less than 7.0
2. SKills Assessment by the Australian Institute of Radiography http://www.air.asn.au/overseasass.php
3. Expression of Interest EOI
4. Visa Application
5. Welcome to Australia!

But go here first and take the points test: you will need at least 55points to start. http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx

This booklet explained all the steps from start to finish http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1119.pdf
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
jennykadry:

Ma'am, I really need your inputs. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
I did mine in lagos

Adult will pay N30,000 + 2,500 oral polio + 5200 Chest X ray total N37,700
Kids #20,000 each
You will go with your intl passport(Original and photocopy, 2 passport foto ,Your Referral Letter or HAP Number,Your kids Medical card ,their Intl passport too and referral letter print out or just the HAP No .
I don't know about weekends but the hospital do open on weekend,Ring them to verify i did mine on weekdays

gogochocolate: Please where is the best place for someone to do his medical is it abuja or lagos. What documents are required to be presented before medicals. How much does it cost for adult and kids.Can I schedule my medicals for weekend or must be a week day. I would appreciate inputs from anyone who has done medicals recently. Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.