Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752877 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dailydolar(m): 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
bossladyMo:

Let her just stick with the 4-5yrs experience. State nomination does not care if you have 55 or 85...as long as you meet the minimum score of 55. Also, for that corporate services manager, she will need an average of 7 in each band, to meet SA nominstion requirements...........well, she already needs 7 to get a 10 anyways.

It's really dangerous claiming points for work experience that you can't support with adequate documentation.

Does she have tax documents?
The cheques she is paid with, does it carry her name or yours?
Does she have payslips?

She needs to have at least 2 out of the above 3. Cos if the CO is not convinced, you could lose your application and fee....and for a family of 5, we are looking at about 8k dollars or so.

If she does not have enough evidence to back it up, you guys can go for the 489 visa. It's a provisional visa that leads to PR after spending 2yrs in a regional area, and working for 1 yr. It gives you 10 pts extra, and will bring her points score to 60. Although, you won't be entitled to medicare and childcare benefits, until you are a PR. It follows the same procedure as 189 and 190.
well for the cheques mostly in my name or my company name but for pay slip that should not be a problem d main problem is d tax certificate cos am not sure if they pay tax in dat place ooooo except because of this now i will talk to d boss to c how dey can get an accountant to get only her own tax certificate and d money will come from my pocket or we go for the 489(what shd be d first thing shd we go for assessment now or what) or do i need to check for the sponsors first cos i want her to write the IELTS around November
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
I believe I have the docs, I will use the same ones I used for the skills assessment. They only assessed the most recent employment, that is less than 5 years, so I might use just that. I started this employment in 2011.....and of course my qualifications. I also have an advisory letter from vetasses....dunno if that helps

I prefer the faster tho. .... and I will just choose to get nomination from western, which is where I wanna go... You get me?

I will read up, and think about it more and more.... then choose one. Which do you advice tho.

bossladyMo:

Getting nominated isn't hard at all...I got nominated in 4days by QLD. 189 gives you more flexibility on where to stay in Aus, but 190 is faster. I also got a positive assessment with a Nigerian BSc.

Once you have a positive assessment, and have proper documentation to back up your points claims, and no medical condition, you are guaranteed.

How many years work exp are you claiming?

Hope you have payslips/bank statements showing deposits and/or tax documents, if claiming work exp points?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2014
dailydolar:
well for the cheques mostly in my name or my company name but for pay slip that should not be a problem d main problem is d tax certificate cos am not sure if they pay tax in dat place ooooo except because of this now i will talk to d boss to c how dey can get an accountant to get only her own tax certificate and d money will come from my pocket or we go for the 489(what shd be d first thing shd we go for assessment now or what) or do i need to check for the sponsors first cos i want her to write the IELTS around November

Cheques in your name won't work.

Payslips alone won't work.

Tax certificate alone won't work, cos it doesnt show records of amounts paid. Tax returns are more acceptable.

South Australia sponsors corporate services manager. But there is a catch - Over the financial year, states change their occupation lists a few times, unlike the 189 SOL that is amended just once. They add or remove occupations...so you have to pray that by the time you are done with the assessment (3 mths), it is still available for sponsorship...cos there's a chance it might be removed.

Read about the 489...and see if you can accept the terms. Remember you are not entitled to medicare or child care benefit for 2yrs...so all daycare fees and health insurance, will have to come out of pocket.

But if she can get an 8 in each band, then 190 is sure for you.

For VETASSESS assessment, payslips will do just fine, and they must cover all years of employment...like 1 for every quarter. The duties stated on the employer reference letter must align with the duties stated on the abs.gov.au site, for that occupation. Visit the VETASSESS website for more details.

I applied for the 489.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
bjayzeez:
I believe I have the docs, I will use the same ones I used for the skills assessment. They only assessed the most recent employment, that is less than 5 years, so I might use just that. I started this employment in 2011.....and of course my qualifications. I also have an advisory letter from vetasses....dunno if that helps

I prefer the faster tho. .... and I will just choose to get nomination from western, which is where I wanna go... You get me?

I will read up, and think about it more and more.... then choose one. Which do you advice tho.

Me I'm always up for getting out of Naija asap...lol. But it's your choice really.

Once again, ensure you have tax returns documebts and/or bank statements showing salary deposits, alongside your payslips...for work experience.

Do you mean points test advice?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
well my employer sorts that one out, it shows in my payslips, then, yea, I have bank statements showing deposit too.... does that mean i will submit bank statement, cos a couple of posts ago, someone mentioned that no need to submit bank statement, Just funds declaration. Ive heard that a couple of times

points test advise, yea... that they submit it to the embassy or sumthin like that

bossladyMo:

Me I'm always up for getting out of Naija asap...lol. But it's your choice really.

Once again, ensure you have tax returns documebts and/or bank statements showing salary deposits, alongside your payslips...for work experience.

Do you mean points test advice?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
bjayzeez:
well my employer sorts that one out, it shows in my payslips, then, yea, I have bank statements showing deposit too.... does that mean i will submit bank statement, cos a couple of posts ago, someone mentioned that no need to submit bank statement, Just funds declaration. Ive heard that a couple of times

points test advise, yea... that they submit it to the embassy or sumthin like that

The bank statements are not for evidence of funds, but they are meant to show salary deposits from your employer, if you are claiming work exp points. They don't care if you have only 1naira as your bank balance. All you do is just print out your 3yrs worth of bank statements, and highlight salary deposits with a highlighter, so CO does not have to go through each transaction...then upload.

For state nomination, soms statss just need a declaration, while some require evidence of funds. I had to show evidence of funds fod QLD, but WA does not need evidence of funds, just declaration.

The points test advice is mainly useful when you are claiming points for work exp gotten more than 5yrs ago...mbut you can still upload it all the same, doesn't hurt.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
Ah, I see

I will decide which one before the end of the day, (189 or 190) and I will keep you posted.

bossladyMo:

The bank statements are not for evidence of funds, but they are meant to show salary deposits from your employer, if you are claiming work exp points. They don't care if you have only 1naira as your bank balance. All you do is just print out your 3yrs worth of bank statements, and highlight salary deposits with a highlighter, so CO does not have to go through each transaction...then upload.

For state nomination, soms statss just need a declaration, while some require evidence of funds. I had to show evidence of funds fod QLD, but WA does not need evidence of funds, just declaration.

The points test advice is mainly useful when you are claiming points for work exp gotten more than 5yrs ago...mbut you can still upload it all the same, doesn't hurt.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
bjayzeez:
Ah, I see

I will decide which one before the end of the day, (189 or 190) and I will keep you posted.

Aiiii!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2014
Meanwhile in the EOI,

"Has the client completed, or is currently enrolled in any studies at secondary level and above?*".....Page 6, do they mean University education?

bossladyMo:

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2014
Yeap...uni.

Be careful when ticking your work exprience as relevant or irrelevant. Tick only the assessed experiemce as relevant
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2014
Pls, people that have done medicals. Does one have to go to St Nicholas for the x-ray seperately, or do they conduct both kinds.

Cos I can see radiological services with st Nicholas and one other hospital under.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2014
bossladyMo:
Pls, people that have done medicals. Does one have to go to St Nicholas for the x-ray seperately, or do they conduct both kinds.

Cos I can see radiological services with st Nicholas and one other hospital under.
you do both at St nicholas. Bosslady,I read on western australia that someone needs contract of employment after state nomination,if he or she skill falls under schedule2. Clarification?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
bjayzeez:

Nominated occupation is geosciences, available in the SOL and CSOL.

You can only go for state nomination. Geoscience is not in SOL except for geotechnical engineering.

Mine is Geology... Both geology and geophysics are in CSOL.

surveyor1:

you do both at St nicholas. Bosslady,I read on western australia that someone needs contract of employment after state nomination,if he or she skill falls under schedule2. Clarification?

Yes, you need employment offer for schedule 2 list. It was what disqualified me for the WA nomination.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
surveyor1:

Oh okay. Is St Nich the only option?

Yea, I remember reading something like that on their site. The special conditions for schedule 2 occupation changes, but for this period, the condition is that you must have an employment contract.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
bossladyMo:

You will do only the X-ray at St Nicholas while the medical examination and HIV would be done at Fatayi Williams clinic.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
bellong:

You can only go for state nomination. Geoscience is not in SOL except for geotechnical engineering.

Mine is Geology... Both geology and geophysics are in CSOL.
Thanks big boss. Which state you they sir..

Yes, you need employment offer for schedule 2 list. It was what disqualified me for the WA nomination.

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
[quote author=surveyor1 post=27107804][/quote]

Offshore... Not yet in Oz
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
bellong:

You will do only the X-ray at St Nicholas while the medical examination and HIV would be done at Fatayi Williams clinic.

Oh...so I have to shuttle between the 2. I guess it's only the Abuja clinic that does both.

Pls do I have to book in advance or something? And how long did it take for them to upload your results?

Also, do they disclose results?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
bellong:

yes. Fatayi williams dont have X ray machine but if you go to st nicholas, they will do both for you. St nicholas is among the panel doctors now
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
bellong:

Offshore... Not yet in Oz
Ok. Thought you are in oz. All the best boss
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
bossladyMo:

Oh...so I have to shuttle between the 2. I guess it's only the Abuja clinic that does both.

Pls do I have to book in advance or something? And how long did it take for them to upload your results?

Also, do they disclose results?

Only the Abuja clinic has both.

No need of booking in advance, just call them a day before going to prepare for you.

Result was uploaded the third day because ehealth server had problem. Normally it is uploaded same day, the doctor tried to do it same day but ehealth was down.

I didn't ask about my result because I wasn't bothered. We are all very healthy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Though when I was about leaving, the doctor told me on my way out that our medicals are good. It cleared same day it was submitted.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
So 2 different opinions......hmmmm.....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2014
bossladyMo:
So 2 different opinions......hmmmm.....

I didn't know St Nicholas is now included, if Surveyor is very sure of it. I was given a referral letter from FTW to St Nicholas for the X-ray.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2014
bellong:

Only the Abuja clinic has both.

No need of booking in advance, just call them a day before going to prepare for you.

Result was uploaded the third day because ehealth server had problem. Normally it is uploaded same day, the doctor tried to do it same day but ehealth was down.

I didn't ask about my result because I wasn't bothered. We are all very healthy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Though when I was about leaving, the doctor told me on my way out that our medicals are good. It cleared same day it was submitted.

Awesome! Same day...wow, that's fast....and it also cleared immediately....coool!!!

My husband even went to do a round of tests outside, just to be sure hehehehehe...

As for me, since I'm pregnant, most of the tests had been done on me.

Is it possible for me to go to both in a day? Does it take a long time? Do they do weekends?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
bossladyMo:

Awesome! Same day...wow, that's fast....and it also cleared immediately....coool!!!

My husband even went to do a round of tests outside, just to be sure hehehehehe...

Is it possible for me to go to both in a day? Does it take a long time? Do they do weekends?

I did everything same day. I grew up in the Island, so I know short cuts to cut off long queues that could prevent us making it to Nicholas that day.

Get to FTW early in the morning, you will finish with them before St Nicholas closes X-ray for the day.

Why was he scared doing extra tests?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
bossladyMo:

St Nicholas was just added to the lists of panel doctors. You can do both on the same day. However, if you go to st nicholas first with your HAP, they will do all the necessary test but if you go to fatayi william, you will be refer to st nicholas for x ray. The choice is yours
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2014
bellong:

I did everything same day. I grew up in the Island, so I know short cuts to cut off long queues that could prevent us making it to Nicholas that day.

Get to FTW early in the morning, you will finish with them before St Nicholas closes X-ray for the day.

Why was he scared doing extra tests?

He wasn't scared...but like he said, "You can never be too sure", lol...he was particular about the x-ray and his sugar level, cos he gets cough easily and consumes sugar like an ant hehehe.

He grew up on the Island too, so I guess he should also know short cuts.

They only do weekdays abi?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2014
surveyor1:

St Nicholas was just added to the lists of panel doctors. You can do both on the same day. However, if you go to st nicholas first with your HAP, they will do all the necessary test but if you go to fatayi william, you will be refer to st nicholas for x ray. The choice is yours

Alrighty! Danke!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
bellong:

I didn't know St Nicholas is now included, if Surveyor is very sure of it. I was given a referral letter from FTW to St Nicholas for the X-ray.

They have not updated their panel doctor page in a while, so it's possible St Nich was recently added...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dailydolar(m): 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
bossladyMo:

Cheques in your name won't work.

Payslips alone won't work.

Tax certificate alone won't work, cos it doesnt show records of amounts paid. Tax returns are more acceptable.

South Australia sponsors corporate services manager. But there is a catch - Over the financial year, states change their occupation lists a few times, unlike the 189 SOL that is amended just once. They add or remove occupations...so you have to pray that by the time you are done with the assessment (3 mths), it is still available for sponsorship...cos there's a chance it might be removed.

Read about the 489...and see if you can accept the terms. Remember you are not entitled to medicare or child care benefit for 2yrs...so all daycare fees and health insurance, will have to come out of pocket.

But if she can get an 8 in each band, then 190 is sure for you.

For VETASSESS assessment, payslips will do just fine, and they must cover all years of employment...like 1 for every quarter. The duties stated on the employer reference letter must align with the duties stated on the abs.gov.au site, for that occupation. Visit the VETASSESS website for more details.

I applied for the 489.
let pray she get 8 but for now i no wan loos make i dey prepare for the 489
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 13, 2014
dailydolar:
let pray she get 8 but for now i no wan loos make i dey prepare for the 489

How old are your kids?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dailydolar(m): 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
bossladyMo:

How old are your kids?
5yrs,3yrs and 8months

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.