Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752708 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
dailydolar:
5yrs,3yrs and 8months

Can you endure these for 2yrs -

Are you ready to fork out 200 - 250 AUD on insurance monthly?

Are you ready to fork out about 3, 000 AUD monthly on daycare costs...if both you and wife work full time?

If you want to study, you might be told to pay int'l student fees...

Research the 489 and cost implications compared to salary earnings, before committing.

On the brighter side, Adelaide and other areas of SA have a low cost of living.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
Ok thanks for this information. The other non relevant experiences, I'm thinking not to include them. Cos I can't get bank statements for them.... The one I'm on is okay jare... Abi

bossladyMo:
Yeap...uni.

Be careful when ticking your work exprience as relevant or irrelevant. Tick only the assessed experiemce as relevant
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 8:50pm On Oct 13, 2014
bellong:

You can only go for state nomination. Geoscience is not in SOL except for geotechnical engineering.

Mine is Geology... Both geology and geophysics are in CSOL.

Yes, you need employment offer for schedule 2 list. It was what disqualified me for the WA nomination.

Bellong.... Sorry the skills assessment is for geologist... I'm used to calling it geosciences. .... So, geology is on both yea? How far have you gone with yours?

What's this about schedule 1 and 2, and having an employment?..... Does having a valid admission offer from WA count for anything if going for the state nomination? If I wanna apply now, what schedule would I be on
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ruleogo: 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2014
snowburn:

Keep me posted bro...i'll say you should go for it, its arguably the best Uni in Australia, or at least top 3...especially in Sciences and Tech

Thanks mate....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2014
bjayzeez:
Ok thanks for this information. The other non relevant experiences, I'm thinking not to include them. Cos I can't get bank statements for them.... The one I'm on is okay jare... Abi

You have to include them, cos it says employment history in the past 10yrs. But once you tick them as non-relevant, CO won't acknowledge them...only the jobs you ticked as relevant will be reckoned with.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
malkinburg:

MPH??
master in public health, actually best university in OZ for postgraduate. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
bjayzeez:

Bellong.... Sorry the skills assessment is for geologist... I'm used to calling it geosciences. .... So, geology is on both yea? How far have you gone with yours?

What's this about schedule 1 and 2, and having an employment?..... Does having a valid admission offer from WA count for anything if going for the state nomination? If I wanna apply now, what schedule would I be on

Geology is only on the CSOL list.

Victoria wants people with about 10yrs experience in the field. Though it is not written on their site but people's experiences point to that fact especially for geology and geophysics.

QLD removed it from 190 and left it for 489.

NSW still sponsors it. I think the next round of application is 14th Oct, I am not sure. NSW fills up within an hour of opening. You have to be glued to your system.

WA rquires employment offer for occupations on schedule 2 which geology is among.

South Australia is the easiest to get. I think you can go for it.

My application via under processing. I guess its been sent for external security check.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
[quote author=bossladyMo post=27107874]

Oh...so I have to shuttle between the 2. I guess it's only the Abuja clinic that does both.

Pls do I have to book in advance or something? And how long did it take for them to upload your results?

Also, do they disclose results?

[you have right to a copy of your test results. you can can request for it.]
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
Thanks

On their website it says 2 weeks... Besta luck. Was SA on medium availability when you applied too? It seems pretty straight forward.

can one apply for both 189 and 190. I cant remember if Ive heard something like that before.

I have an offer from a uni in WA, and I really like the curriculum. and I know if i do 190 to SA, I will have to live there for a while except I wanna try Adelaide. Thats why I was kinda particular about WA. .... But I think the first step is to "get out of jail"

bellong:

Geology is only on the CSOL list.

Victoria wants people with about 10yrs experience in the field. Though it is not written on their site but people's experiences point to that fact especially for geology and geophysics.

QLD removed it from 190 and left it for 489.

NSW still sponsors it. I think the next round of application is 14th Oct, I am not sure. NSW fills up within an hour of opening. You have to be glued to your system.

WA rquires employment offer for occupations on schedule 2 which geology is among.

South Australia is the easiest to get. I think you can go for it.

My application via under processing. I guess its been sent for external security check.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 14, 2014
bjayzeez:
Thanks

On their website it says 2 weeks... Besta luck. Was SA on medium availability when you applied too? It seems pretty straight forward.

can one apply for both 189 and 190. I cant remember if Ive heard something like that before.

I have an offer from a uni in WA, and I really like the curriculum. and I know if i do 190 to SA, I will have to live there for a while except I wanna try Adelaide. Thats why I was kinda particular about WA. .... But I think the first step is to "get out of jail"

You can go for NSW if you don't like SA. NSW has removed the ICT occupations on their list for this round of intakes, so there should be fairness this time around and it shouldn't be filled up as fast as it was the last time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 14, 2014
[quote author=cherries1 post=27119071][/quote]

Oh okay...thanks!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 4:41am On Oct 14, 2014
bjayzeez:
Thanks

You can either accept your offer from WA and on completion go to SA to fulfill your 2 year stay rule or you apply for NSW, there are good universities in Sydney with similar curriculum with Perth.

NSW state nomination has been postponed till 22nd Oct. You have time to prepare and apply for it.

Adelaide is the Capital of South Australia.

You cannot apply for 189 because Geology is not on the SOL list. 189 is the best option but you are limited. I wanted Melbourne but then get the grant first and sort out your preference of stay later.

Meanwhile, you are not in jail..... cheesy cheesy

BossladyMo,

Congrats in advance on the new life... May s/he live to fulfill God's purpose....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 5:24am On Oct 14, 2014
walmak:
Hi Cypha 8, Did I hear you say you got positive assesment from vetassess?
Congratulations! And how did you do it?
Though I have B.Tech in Architecture (2009) also, I just submitted my application for assessment to Vetassess and i nominated Architectural Draftsperson when I wasnt sure degree in Architecture would be accessed at par with Australia Architect ure degree. Hoping to receive a positive response.
deg

Hi,
Your B.Tech. is enough to get a positive from VETASSESS. Architect occupation is another ball game entirely... Do you have a masters degree in architecture?

Best wishes with your assessment..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 5:24am On Oct 14, 2014
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 5:40am On Oct 14, 2014
I'm submitting my SA today before medium availability turn to low lol... grin..I'm equally excited about NSW n SA.... Thanks for all your info.

Eavesdropping.... Congrats bossladymo... You are a star, so will the new born be...

bossladyMo:

You can go for NSW if you don't like SA. NSW has removed the ICT occupations on their list for this round of intakes, so there should be fairness this time around and it shouldn't be filled up as fast as it was the last time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 5:44am On Oct 14, 2014
Yea... 190 it is, SA it is..... Gracias. I will keep you posted.

Typical case of assumption. I just assumed that geology is on the sol, I didn't bother to check until now. Lesson learnt ..... Never assumed

bellong:

You can either accept your offer from WA and on completion go to SA to fulfill your 2 year stay rule or you apply for NSW, there are good universities in Sydney with similar curriculum with Perth.

NSW state nomination has been postponed till 22nd Oct. You have time to prepare and apply for it.

You cannot apply for 189 because Geology is not on the SOL list. 189 is the best option but you are limited. I wanted Melbourne but then get the grant first and sort out your preference of stay later.

BossladyMo,

Congrats in advance on the new life... May s/he live to fulfill God's purpose....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 14, 2014
bellong:

BossladyMo,

Thanks Bellong! ...Amen!!!

Got a CO allocated on Friday sef...requested for PCC and Meds
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 14, 2014
bjayzeez:
I'm submitting my SA today before medium availability turn to low lol... grin..I'm equally excited about NSW n SA.... Thanks for all your info.

Eavesdropping.... Congrats bossladymo... You are a star, so will the new born be...

Good idea!

Unlike before when SA used to decide your application based on the availability when your file reaches a case officer, now it is decided based on status at application....so that's a plus for you.

Thanks for the wishes bro!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by walmak(m): 6:43am On Oct 14, 2014
Thank you, so i will be like you.
Master's degree in Architecture not yet. I submitted the application with 3 years relevant experience.
Did you submit your application with years of experience also and whats the next step once you get a positive response? Cypha8. Cc:bossladyMO
Cypha8:

Hi,
Your B.Tech. is enough to get a positive from VETASSESS. Architect occupation is another ball game entirely... Do you have a masters degree in architecture?

Best wishes with your assessment..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 6:54am On Oct 14, 2014
bossladyMo:

Thanks Bellong! ...Amen!!!

Got a CO allocated on Friday sef...requested for PCC and Meds

I saw your post. Go with _Shel's advice. It is the best you can do for yourself and the great young one.

Had a CO since 12th Sep. Requested for my wife's proof of English.

But this data collection team (T13) keeps asking me for additional information... sad angry I understand their comprehensive check on me though.
Another was asked today.

bjayzeez:
Yea... 190 it is, SA it is..... Gracias. I will keep you posted.
Typical case of assumption. I just assumed that geology is on the sol, I didn't bother to check until now. Lesson learnt ..... Never assumed

No prob... If you have the patience, NSW is next week Wednesday but with $300AUD application fee.

Good luck bro.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dailydolar(m): 7:24am On Oct 14, 2014
snowburn:

Bro, if you don't have a degree in OSH you'll surely get a negative assessment from VETASSESS; the minimum qualification to do the job here in australia is Cert IV, in fact so many jobs dey in OHS, requirement is cert IV, but for skills assessment with VETASSESS, you need a degree
noted sir, but can u help me confirm if i will get positive assessment if i apply for chemist or chemistry technician
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 14, 2014
bellong:

I saw your post. Go with _Shel's advice. It is the best you can do for yourself and the great young one.

Had a CO since 12th Sep. Requested for my wife's proof of English.

But this data collection team (T13) keeps asking me for additional information... sad angry I understand their comprehensive check on me though.
Another was asked today.

No prob... If you have the patience, NSW is next week Wednesday but with $300AUD application fee.

Good luck bro.

Oh...so you're registered on that end too. Yes, will go with Shel's advice.

Sometimes they request for documents that have already been uploaded...maybe they don't view some uploads or sumn.

What additional documents did they ask again?

Well at least, you know they are working on your application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 14, 2014
A Nigerian dude who applied middle of July just got a direct grant, 190...I guess that was around the time you applied.

You might not be on external checks afterall.

@ Bellong
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 8:13am On Oct 14, 2014
bossladyMo:

Oh...so you're registered on that end too. Yes, will go with Shel's advice.

Sometimes they register for documents that have already been uploaded...maybe they don't view some uploads or sumn.

What additional documents did they ask again?

Well at least, you know they are working on your application.

I view as a guest.

Sep 15... They needed clarification on my post secondary and university activities.

Oct 14.... Questions on my travel history and address history.

I know why they are doing the comprehensive routine check on me. Only hope it wouldn't be as long as the Pakistanis or Afghans.

Yes, I saw his post but he doesn't have my history. I have worked with an intelligence agency before. That qualifies me for automatic check. It should be done except they don't know what they are doing. wink
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 14, 2014
bellong:

I view as a guest.

Sep 15... They needed clarification on my post secondary and university activities.

Oct 14.... Questions on my travel history and address history.

I know why they are doing the comprehensive routine check on me. Only hope it wouldn't be as long as the Pakistanis or Afghans.

Yes, I saw his post but he doesn't have my history. I have worked with an intelligence agency before. That qualifies me for automatic check. It should be done except they don't know what they are doing. wink

Oh okay...yours is special then, lol.

Me I have no travel history of any sort, hehehe...na dis Naija I don dey siddon.

Guess they requested form 80 too
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:15am On Oct 14, 2014
bossladyMo:

Oh okay...yours is special then, lol.

Me I have no travel history of any sort, hehehe...na dis Naija I don dey siddon.

Guess they requested form 80 too

I knew form 80 would be requested from me so I front loaded it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 9:30am On Oct 14, 2014
Dear All, Can i apply for vetassess skill assessment with my MBA only. My nominated occupation is facilities manager.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 11:41am On Oct 14, 2014
Bosslady, if someone have two years working experience in his or her field and is zero point. Did he or she needs to tick non relevant, since he or she is not claiming point. Elaborate pls.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 11:45am On Oct 14, 2014
Jetspeed:
Dear All, Can i apply for vetassess skill assessment with my MBA only. My nominated occupation is facilities manager.

I don't think your MBA alone can give you a positive skill assessment. What is your first degree?

surveyor1:
Bosslady, if someone have two years working experience in his or her field and is zero point. Did he or she needs to tick non relevant, since he or she is not claiming point. Elaborate pls.

If the assessing body assess the experience to be relevant to the chosen occupation, s/he can tick relevant but will not be awarded point if it is less than 3 years.

The system automatically award you points if you claim 3years upward and will not award point if it is less.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
bellong:

I don't think your MBA alone can give you a positive skill assessment. What is your first degree?

If the assessing body assess the experience to be relevant to the chosen occupation, s/he can tick relevant but will not be awarded point if it is less than 3 years.

The system automatically award you points if you claim 3years upward and will not award point if it is less.
cool. Did you need to upload document for the job, despite not claiming point for it
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 12:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
surveyor1:

cool. Did you need to upload document for the job, despite not claiming point for it

If you have it, upload it. Better than being asked and delaying the application processing.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hello house! Praise the Lord with me!!!

God has blessed us with a beautiful baby girl!!! I put to bed a litte while ago!!!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.