Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754937 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
SirNuell1:
am a graduate and I will like to do masters in australia...please I need advice on how to get a visa to australia

Since you are not willing to read previous posts that contain all you ever need from A-Z, lets say...u start by looking at any university of ur choice and ur desired course. You are to apply for admission and if ur chosen school requires u having ielts score...then u write d english test before applying. once u have d admission letter, u will be asked as a condition for acceptance to pay some deposit after which a document called coe...certificate of enrolment...will be sent to you that will allow u to apply for ur visa under svp (fast tracking and less doc condition) together with other document as will be outlined in another doc called...checklist.
Thats d summary.
First step.. check for desired schl n course
next......write ielts exam
next.....apply for admission/scholarship
next..... pay the deposit as required in d admission offer
next.....collect ur coe
next...get other document n apply for visa
next...do medicals
next...visa granted
......note ...medicals can come before visa application submission depending on u.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
Someone please answer.
kakazee:
Good day everyone, I submitted my student application on the 30th to sept and got a mail that same day that my application has been forwarded to prectoria. Now my question is this, how do I know when I get a CO?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
kakazee:
Someone please answer.

Except something is required from you, you will not know.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by tonybunor(m): 7:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
Pls I know most people have talked about cheap or affordable accommodation, but pls I can't seem to find the particular page... Pls I would like a little help on that @futureDon pls ur help is highly needed. And how does it work and the cost (cheap) do I have to pay there or I can pay from here too... pls and pls distance to school too. Thanks for ur continued support
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
tonybunor:
Thanks to God first then to everyone on this forum big ups to @FutureDon @equlibrium @malkinburg @galala123 not forgetting @aduktus and @ukchy for the help rendered. got my visa earlier today,
applied -22nd Sept(subclass 573, Higher education)
School -CQU Brisbane campus
start date -27th oct.
God Bless
million congrats man.
lets go build a professional Nigerian community in Oz baby

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
Goodevening house, please I have a problem, I applied for a diploma course at TAFE western Australia and I was rejected that I should use an Agent, I was also told to apply for a diploma to degree pathway,i also need an agent. Please is there any TaFE program I can apply to directly without using an agent or a Diploma to degree pathway I can apply for directly?.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 9:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
kakazee:
Someone please answer.

Have u done medicals? If yes, then u shld be waiting for ur visa....

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
tonybunor:
Pls I know there have talked about cheap or if rather say affordable accommodation, but pls I can't seem to find the tread... Pls I would like a little help on that @futureDon pls ur help is highly needed. And how does it work and the cost (cheap) do I have to pay there or I can pay from here too... pls and pls distance to school too. Thanks for ur continued support

Let me advise you based on my experience - you can book a cheap motel, hotel, backpackers, hostel for the first few nights, this can be booked prior to your arrival using your ATM card. You may use google to find any of these. By so doing, you will be able to search for accommodation. You may not find your choice of place immediately, however you can start with a 3month contract while you search for a better place.

I could have suggested that you stay at my place for a few days, however, I live a lil bit far from the Central Business District (Ann Street) where I believe your campus is located.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 10:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
FutureDon:

Let me advise you based on my experience - you can book a cheap motel, hotel, backpackers, hostel for the first few nights, this can be booked prior to your arrival using your ATM card. You may use google to find any of these. By so doing, you will be able to search for accommodation. You may not find your choice of place immediately, however you can start with a 3month contract while you search for a better place.

I could have suggested that you stay at my place for a few days, however, I live a lil bit far from the Central Business District (Ann Street) where I believe your campus is located.
he should just try the college accommodation for few weeks then search for a better place. the college accommodation is the best place to first settle cos you'll meet students like your self... my 50 cents
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by tonybunor(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
FutureDon:

Thanks a lot boss and like how much would it cost sir
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 23, 2014
aduktus:

Since you are not willing to read previous posts that contain all you ever need from A-Z, lets say...u start by looking at any university of ur choice and ur desired course. You are to apply for admission and if ur chosen school requires u having ielts score...then u write d english test before applying. once u have d admission letter, u will be asked as a condition for acceptance to pay some deposit after which a document called coe...certificate of enrolment...will be sent to you that will allow u to apply for ur visa under svp (fast tracking and less doc condition) together with other document as will be outlined in another doc called...checklist.
Thats d summary.
next.....collect ur coe
next...do medicals
next...visa granted
......note ...medicals can come before visa application submission depending on u.
I have applied for a VET program,due to its affordable tuition.
but unfortunately its not under SVP category you mentioned.
will my visa be granted with it?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 11:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
Haustraliah:

Who is your sponsor? Source of funding seems to be the hardest knot for subclass 572.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
troubled:
Goodevening house, please I have a problem, I applied for a diploma course at TAFE western Australia and I was rejected that I should use an Agent, I was also told to apply for a diploma to degree pathway,i also need an agent. Please is there any TaFE program I can apply to directly without using an agent or a Diploma to degree pathway I can apply for directly?.
yes.
Google.
www​.imagineeducation .com
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
symbian03:

Who is your sponsor? Source of funding seems to be the hardest knot for subclass 572.
my uncle.
but i have a fixed deposit of 2million naira,which is prepared for my education and accommodation.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 12:14am On Oct 24, 2014
Haustraliah:

O yes, visa can be granted. However, u shld plan for a lot more documentation at the Visa application stage especially financial evidence.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by MisterNRC(m): 2:06am On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=Nwokenna post=27381667][/quote]

Heart, Knee, Neck all join.. grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by MisterNRC(m): 2:09am On Oct 24, 2014
FutureDon:

Oh, it looks like you live in Brisbane smiley

smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 7:49am On Oct 24, 2014
Haustraliah:

my uncle.
but i have a fixed deposit of 2million naira,which is prepared for my education and accommodation.

I wish that 2m would be enough proof of your financial stability but unfortunately it won't. Currently, your uncle is not eligible to financial support you for subclass 572 AL3. We're in same boat, we know we can afford it, we know we've got uncle who will be responsible for our upkeep throughout the study period but it is just not an acceptable source of funding and that is a rule. BTW, SVP is coming to advanced diploma early next year.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 8:35am On Oct 24, 2014
tonybunor:
Thanks a lot boss and like how much would it cost sir

Reasonable prices ranges from AUD$50 - 230 per night depending on how 'big' your pocket is. I have never been a fan of school accommodation, too many undergrads' wahala smiley

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by SirNuell1(m): 9:46am On Oct 24, 2014
aduktus:

Thats d summary.
next.....collect ur coe
next...do medicals
next...visa granted

thanks bro..u knw beta can I add you on bbm or whatsapp let's talk better?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 24, 2014
Hello house,Can I apply for admission before getting my IELTS result? And please. House, what university can I apply for a diploma or Degree course that is fast without using an Agent?. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
SirNuell1:

thanks bro..u knw beta can I add you on bbm or whatsapp let's talk better?

I do not know better at all..others know better than me plus no need for side talk, ask ur questions here and u ll get responses so that others can learn too..hope u understand this please.
It is the singular act that keeps this thread going.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
nicholls2013:
Hello house,Can I apply for admission before getting my IELTS result? And please. House, what university can I apply for a diploma or Degree course that is fast without using an Agent?. Thanks

If your desired school does not request for it..yes! However most undergraduate and diploma courses will require u having IELTS.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 25, 2014
symbian03:

I wish that 2m would be enough proof of your financial stability but unfortunately it won't. Currently, your uncle is not eligible to financial support you for subclass 572 AL3. We're in same boat, we know we can afford it, we know we've got uncle who will be responsible for our upkeep throughout the study period but it is just not an acceptable source of funding and that is a rule. BTW, SVP is coming to advanced diploma early next year.
since my uncle is not eligible to finance my education under the 572.who should be in the best position to do so?
secondly,like how much can I increase the 2million fix deposit to?
finally,kindly explain more on the VET,and its disadvantages,because I only went for it because of its cheap tuition and the program I applied for is also two years diploma program.
wish to hear back from you soon.
thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 25, 2014
aduktus:

O yes, visa can be granted. However, u shld plan for a lot more documentation at the Visa application stage especially financial evidence.
I really needs advice on my financial issue.
apart from the 2million fixed deposit on my name,my uncle gas 25 million naira statement if account, which I wants to use as a financial proof.
is that OK?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 8:48am On Oct 25, 2014
Thanks but I have not done medicals.
aduktus:

Have u done medicals? If yes, then u shld be waiting for ur visa....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 10:02am On Oct 25, 2014
kakazee:
Thanks but I have not done medicals.

What is your visa subclass applied for? You may consider writing Pretoria as well to get update especially if you are under SVP.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 10:44am On Oct 25, 2014
Haustraliah:

since my uncle is not eligible to finance my education under the 572.who should be in the best position to do so?
secondly,like how much can I increase the 2million fix deposit to?
finally,kindly explain more on the VET,and its disadvantages,because I only went for it because of its cheap tuition and the program I applied for is also two years diploma program.
wish to hear back from you soon.
thanks

As regard who is eligible to financially support you as an AL3 applicants:

Financial support can be
provided by eligible family
members. These include:
the applicant
the applicant’s partner
the applicant’s parents
the applicant’s grandparents
the applicant’s brothers and
sisters
an uncle or aunt of the
applicant who is:
an Australian citizen,
an Australian
permanent resident or
an eligible New
Zealand citizen; and
usually resident in
Australia.

If you're self sponsored, you should have finances that is sufficient enough to cover your tuition + living cost for at least a year. I cannot say for sure the disadvantages of VET programs as I can only speak for my self but I know most VET programs guarantees pathway to university and are also eligible for the post-study work arrangements so long as you meet the two-year duration study requirement. (endeavor to be certain that your proposed vocational courses are CRICOS registered) Good luck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
Am for AL3 thanksauthor=aduktus post=27436296]

What is your visa subclass applied for? You may consider writing Pretoria as well to get update especially if you are under SVP.[/quote]
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
symbian03:

As regard who is eligible to financially support you as an AL3 applicants:

Financial support can be
provided by eligible family
members. These include:
the applicant
the applicant’s partner
the applicant’s parents
the applicant’s grandparents
the applicant’s brothers and
sisters
an uncle or aunt of the
applicant who is:
an Australian citizen,
an Australian
permanent resident or
an eligible New
Zealand citizen; and
usually resident in
Australia.

If you're self sponsored, you should have finances that is sufficient enough to cover your tuition + living cost for at least a year. I cannot say for sure the disadvantages of VET programs as I can only speak for my self but I know most VET programs guarantees pathway to university and are also eligible for the post-study work arrangements so long as you meet the two-year duration study requirement. (endeavor to be certain that your proposed vocational courses are CRICOS registered) Good luck

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deaero: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
kakazee:
Am for AL3 thanksauthor=aduktus post=27436296]

What is your visa subclass applied for? You may consider writing Pretoria as well to get update especially if you are under SVP.
I applied to usq for degree course... I sent it via online. I noticed on my application check it was written faculty not specified. I emailed them to clear them that I wanted a packaged course for a degree. Cos I was disturbed they could give me an offer only in a diploma programme when I needed also in the UG wch is my major intention. because I don't want to be subdued to non SVP. So I will run into the hitch of AS, wch made me withdraw frm BCIE. Pls is it possible they could only place me on just a diploma offer, making me not posses Coe for Bsc? Wch could result falling off SVP. Cos they email I got asked me if I wanted a diploma in business I said yes. And they also made change on my online App. Saying career : BSc in business . Application diploma in business.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by tonybunor(m): 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
Greeting from Brisbane... Thanks to everyone once again for the help

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.