Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752388 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 21, 2014
prechear:

You will have to give more details. Which visa subclass is ur wife applying for? U mentioned her being Nominated. I guess u are talking about state nomination(SN). I don't really knw abt SN and if General IELTS is accepted. But if its subclass 189 and she is trying to get a +ive assessment and thereafter apply thru SkillSelect, she will need to get a band score of 7 IELTS(Academic) and apply to the assessing authority of her choice which I mentioned b4.

Whether State Nomination or Independent (189), she still needs a positive skills assessment before any state or territory can sponsor her. She still needs Academic Ielts band 7.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 9:47am On Oct 21, 2014
UBKtech:

Whether State Nomination or Independent (189), she still needs a positive skills assessment before any state or territory can sponsor her. She still needs Academic Ielts band 7.

Here u have it, oscarpellenchy. Ur wife will have to need hit a 7 in all IELTS band(Academic) regardless if she is going for skills Independent or state nomination just as UBKtech clarified. General is NOT accepted for Accountants. I Initially forwarded General Ielts for my assessment and I ws later asked to provide Academic.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 21, 2014
lawland:
Not living in Perth is very much possible but not living in WA is a no no no... I am a big believer...

Okay na. Stay diaaa make pata dey wear you tongue
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 12:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
jennykadry:

Okay na. Stay diaaa make pata dey wear you tongue
Hmmmmm... I can see someone has moved...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oscarpellenchy: 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
Thanks so much, UBKtech and preacher for that too, much helpful really. I never meant she has been nominated,only looking at what we have against the available options to be more informed before filing in an application. We ll have to opt for the SN for obvious reasons but no lele sha.Another issue is this work experience of a thing, you know the NIgerian factor, she is presently working in a position that is so different from her qualification and profession,not even very close to her profession fah! what do you advise on that too pls?[/b]
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chookudi(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
Just a few Qs for you preacher. Did you have your academic qualification and employment skills assessed at the once? why did you prefer CPA? My fiancee just passed her academic ielts (7.5 overall) and i have made a decision on her behalf to have ICAA assess her academic qualifications and employment skills because they seem to have the shortest processing time (4weeks). basically i just want you to shed more light on why you preferred CPA to IPA and ICAA. ALso do you think she needs to include her ICAN qualification together with her Accounting degree (UNILAG). I suggested she should do so to cover any loopholes

prechear:

Here u have it, oscarpellenchy. Ur wife will have to need hit a 7 in all IELTS band(Academic) regardless if she is going for skills Independent or state nomination just as UBKtech clarified. General is NOT accepted for Accountants. I Initially forwarded General Ielts for my assessment and I ws later asked to provide Academic.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
chookudi:
Just a few Qs for you preacher. Did you have your academic qualification and employment skills assessed at the once? why did you prefer CPA? My fiancee just passed her academic ielts (7.5 overall) and i have made a decision on her behalf to have ICAA assess her academic qualifications and employment skills because they seem to have the shortest processing time (4weeks). basically i just want you to shed more light on why you preferred CPA to IPA and ICAA. ALso do you think she needs to include her ICAN qualification together with her Accounting degree (UNILAG). I suggested she should do so to cover any loopholes

Q1. The assessing authority will ask for evidence of employment in ur chosen occupation in addition ur qualifications. They will indicate its OPTIONAL but I provided anyways. I can say yes to this question
Q2. CPA/ IPA is like ICAN/ANAN. I prefer ICAN. There is nothing wrong with either of them. CPA is more of the private sector while IPA is of the public.
Q3. Ensure tht she includes her ICAN qualification else she might not get a +ive assessment. CPA, IPA,ICAA and our ICAN are all members of IFAC, the world acct body. Remember dogs don't eat dogs.

oscarpellenchy:
if ur wife can hit 60points without claiming work experience, then she can go for it. Being nominated a state attracts some points. Do the maths and check. Age, state nomination, IELTS, qualification etc
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2014
Please for those you who have passed through 189 visa application process, i applied on the 15th of August and yet i have not heard from a case officer. Other people who applied after me for the same category of visa (Indians ) have been granted visa. Is it what to expect from DIBP because i am a Nigerian. Is there an email address i can contact them with. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
gogochocolate:
Please for those you who have passed through 189 visa application process, i applied on the 15th of August and yet i have not heard from a case officer. Other people who applied after me for the same category of visa (Indians ) have been granted visa. Is it what to expect from DIBP because i am a Nigerian. Is there an email address i can contact them with. Thanks

I guess Indians are not subjected to the rigorous internal and or external checks.

Be patient, there are others you applied together and are in the same situation.

Meanwhile, you could have been given a CO without you knowing. You only know of a CO if there is an outstanding document needed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
bellong:

I guess Indians are not subjected to the rigorous internal and or external checks.

Be patient, there are others you applied together and are in the same situation.

Meanwhile, you could have been given a CO without you knowing. You only know of a CO if there is an outstanding document needed.

I decided not to submit my medicals and PCC until I am told to by the case officer and I am suprised he or she has not requested for it. Thanks for the input
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
gogochocolate:

I decided not to submit my medicals and PCC until I am told to by the case officer and I am suprised he or she has not requested for it. Thanks for the input

Means it is yet to be assigned. 189 takes longer to process though as 190 is given priority.

The Indians do receive special status/privilege going by how fast they process theirs.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2014
gogochocolate:

I applied a few days after you, but CO already requested for meds and pcc on the 10th....I guess because I'm not claiming work exp points, so the application is pretty direct. But your case is not out of the ordinary, enough Indians from July sef have not gotten grants...they just started working on August applications last week, from what I could see on another forum...

It is if you dont have a CO by next month that the worry can begin...and 189 does take longer than 190/489

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chookudi(m): 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
prechear:

Thanks for the insight. Yeah I already know most of the info..How long did your assessment take?
Q1. The assessing authority will ask for evidence of employment in ur chosen occupation in addition ur qualifications. They will indicate its OPTIONAL but I provided anyways. I can say yes to this question
Q2. CPA/ IPA is like ICAN/ANAN. I prefer ICAN. There is nothing wrong with either of them. CPA is more of the private sector while IPA is of the public.
Q3. Ensure tht she includes her ICAN qualification else she might not get a +ive assessment. CPA, IPA,ICAA and our ICAN are all members of IFAC, the world acct body. Remember dogs don't eat dogs.

oscarpellenchy:
if ur wife can hit 60points without claiming work experience, then she can go for it. Being nominated a state attracts some points. Do the maths and check. Age, state nomination, IELTS, qualification etc
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
surveyor1:

yes. Fatayi williams dont have X ray machine but if you go to st nicholas, they will do both for you. St nicholas is among the panel doctors now

wrong information, I called St. Nicholas today & I was told they run x-ray only.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
cherries1:

wrong information, I called St. Nicholas today & I was told they run x-ray only.
Well, things might have changed but if u check the immi panel doctors list, you will find St nicholas there and i knew folk who did it there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2014
bossladyMo:

I applied a few days after you, but CO already requested for meds and pcc on the 10th....I guess because I'm not claiming work exp points, so the application is pretty direct. But your case is not out of the ordinary, enough Indians from July sef have not gotten grants...they just started working on August applications last week, from what I could see on another forum...

It is if you dont have a CO by next month that the worry can begin...and 189 does take longer than 190/489

Thanks bosslady and bellong. Patience is the key. Without taking my work experience into consideration I already had a score of 60. Ielts 20 bachelors degree 15 and age 25. So I thought my case would be straight forward even with employment verification . Thanks a lot once more.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
bellong:

Sup, Im still waiting for an updated referee letter from my company before i put in an application to SA. Hows it going at yoour end bellong and bossladymo ?

Just a wild thot..... In WA, Schedule 2 requires an employment for nomination..... do you know if a uni admission could fly?..... i guess the answer is no, but I just thot to ask
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 21, 2014
surveyor1:

Well, things might have changed but if u check the immi panel doctors list, you will find St nicholas there and i knew folk who did it there.

nothing changed. St. Nicholas has been on radiology only; just as it appears on d immi site. Fatayi does d medical exam (blood screening et al) and send patients either to St. Nicholas or Crest view for chest x-ray(radiological examination).

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2014
lawland:
My boss, you can send me contact request and I go do am sharpary...

I have sent u a pm, do the needful!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brianlerry(m): 12:37am On Oct 22, 2014
nothing changed. St. Nicholas has been on radiology only; just as it appears on d immi site. Fatayi does d medical exam (blood screening et al) and send patients either to St. Nicholas or Crest view for chest x-ray(radiological examination).

Very correct!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chookudi(m): 1:35am On Oct 22, 2014
Sorry i have other Qs to ask concerning assessment. Is one required to provide payslips for EVERY month worked for the employment skills assessment? Concerning ICAN, should one also provide the syllabus or will the result certificate suffice? I'll like to also know how long CPA took to assess your qualifications. Thanks

prechear:

oscarpellenchy:
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 1:58am On Oct 22, 2014
chookudi:
Sorry i have other Qs to ask concerning assessment. Is one required to provide payslips for EVERY month worked for the employment skills assessment? Concerning ICAN, should one also provide the syllabus or will the result certificate suffice? I'll like to also know how long CPA took to assess your qualifications. Thanks

I was not asked to provide payslips for EVERY month. They usually indicate the kind of evidence to buttress ur claims like employers reference letter or letter of appointment etc. About ICAN, Yes one shld provide the syllabus in addition to the certificate and also transcript . The cover page, content page, foreword and the Relevant pages of the Diet she sat for. I mean, PE 1 & 2. You don't need to include those exam stages she didn't sit for. It MUST also be Certified. As to d time it took for my assessment. Mine ws not normal, my doc were not properly certified and I initially provided General Ielts. I had to resend and re-sit. Check CPA website, they will give an indication of the time it takes. Normally, abt 8-10 weeks. Check
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 3:26am On Oct 22, 2014
UBKtech:

I have sent u a pm, do the needful!
Done
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 4:24am On Oct 22, 2014
Bjayzeez,

You can use the reference letter you used for the assessment.

Yes, admission will not cut it.

Do you have offer from university in Perth?

I was told my application is undergoing various checks but he doesn't know or can't determine what the checks are.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 6:09am On Oct 22, 2014
bellong:
Bjayzeez,

You can use the reference letter you used for the assessment.

Yes, admission will not cut it.

Do you have offer from university in Perth?

I was told my application is undergoing various checks but he doesn't know or can't determine what the checks are.

remember I mentioned that vetassess assessment stated that i have over 2 years experience.... as they assessed only 35 months, lol. So the plan is to get an updated letter from work, and submit with payslips...just to be on the safe side.

I do have an offer with Curtin...but I guess id have to let it go

Im sure they would revert in a bit....the window before you get a response is 12 weeks isnt it.... bestaluck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 6:33am On Oct 22, 2014
bjayzeez:

remember I mentioned that vetassess assessment stated that i have over 2 years experience.... as they assessed only 35 months, lol. So the plan is to get an updated letter from work, and submit with payslips...just to be on the safe side.

I do have an offer with Curtin...but I guess id have to let it go

Im sure they would revert in a bit....the window before you get a response is 12 weeks isnt it.... bestaluck

Alright... Get it updated.

What program is your offer in? I used to work on geothermal systems, I can see that Adelaide has geothermal program.

Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 6:41am On Oct 22, 2014
bellong:

Alright... Get it updated.

What program is your offer in? I used to work on geothermal systems, I can see that Adelaide has geothermal program.

Thanks

Oh, nice.... How did you get yourself into that lol....Id guess thats not within the shores of niger area.

Mine is on burial history modelling, resident in the pet engineering department..... Part of the research in their shale gas consortium.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 7:06am On Oct 22, 2014
bjayzeez:

Oh, nice.... How did you get yourself into that lol....Id guess thats not within the shores of niger area.

Mine is on burial history modelling, resident in the pet engineering department..... Part of the research in their shale gas consortium.

Getting into it was fortuitous.. cheesy cheesy

We do have the resources though not really enough for power generation but can aid in agriculture and other needs if tapped.

I have been useless to geothermal since I returned though.

You are digging deep into oil and gas history... Very nice.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 7:21am On Oct 22, 2014
bellong:

Getting into it was fortuitous.. cheesy cheesy

We do have the resources though not really enough for power generation but can aid in agriculture and other needs if tapped.

I have been useless to geothermal since I returned though.

You are digging deep into oil and gas history... Very nice.

so, you planning to go back to school in Aussie? Perhaps Adelaide? Ive been making noise about shale gas too in the past, gave talks at NAPE, and people just simply ignored me lol.....

On this geothermal ish tho....I have been looking it up as a prospective area id like to get involved in. We would definitely talk about this someday..... but before we turn OZ migration page to General Geology discussion.... we better park well lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 7:27am On Oct 22, 2014
bjayzeez:

so, you planning to go back to school in Aussie? Perhaps Adelaide? Ive been making noise about shale gas too in the past, gave talks at NAPE, and people just simply ignored me lol.....

On this geothermal ish tho....I have been looking it up as a prospective area id like to get involved in. We would definitely talk about this someday..... but before we turn OZ migration page to General Geology discussion.... we better park well lol

Its part of the migration talk. At least one can talk about plans after grant.

Yes, I plan going for PhD in geothermal. Will probably look into geothermal wells cohabiting with oil.

Shale gas is the current bomb unfortunately, my interest has not been in the oil and gas. Thinking of exploring it now.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 7:49am On Oct 22, 2014
bellong:

Its part of the migration talk. At least one can talk about plans after grant.

Yes, I plan going for PhD in geothermal. Will probably look into geothermal wells cohabiting with oil.

Shale gas is the current bomb unfortunately, my interest has not been in the oil and gas. Thinking of exploring it now.

sounds good. Im sure we would be able to find common grounds in our respective research areas. I am into oil n gas, interested in geothermal....you are into geothermal, thinking of exploring oil and gas..... shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided

sounds interesting to me

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 7:51am On Oct 22, 2014
bjayzeez:

sounds good. Im sure we would be able to find common grounds in our respective research areas. I am into oil n gas, interested in geothermal....you are into geothermal, thinking of exploring oil and gas..... shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided

sounds interesting to me

God willing, we will meet in Oz and break forth these areas. We will exploit in Nigeria too with knowledge and resources gotten from there.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.