Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752934 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
tonybunor:
Wow that's cool to import food products into Australia from what I hear is very expensive because you will have to get a certificate and register your food products and also it must have an expiring date met a guy who was supposed to import Palm wine but couldn't because of the rigorous process...

I am not planning to import to Australia but to export from there. I asked to know if I can get them in abundance for export. Thanks
MisterNRC:

Pineapple full ground well.. sotay dem don begin use am do pizza mede-mede.

Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
bossladyMo:

I think you guys got him wrong. He meant for those that want the airport pickup, and city tour...so it fmdoes not derail the thread.

Sister, Its better to derail the thread than allow someone play a fast one here. He also said "we are organizing a reception and dinner for u guys". who are d "we"? I can't recall when peeps already in OZ talk abt a group in Western OZ following this thread. He didn't even give details only to go on to talk abt arranging pick-ups at d airport. The next thing will be to ask those who PM him to make payment upfront. OK, let's give him d benefit of d doubt to explain better. I still smell something fishy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Bruich76(f): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
Australia Day 2015 events, celebration and fireworks at Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and all places. Also find Australia Day 2015 honours and awards.

Source: http://www.australiaday2015.com/

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
here's a lil view of mine for my fellow migrants, Canberra is like Abuja where you find all they civil servants going to work it's not so fast paced, Sydney is like Lagos where things happen to some extent, Melbourne like Lagos is awesome cos its like a very multicultural environment so you will always feel at home, Perth is kinda good but far away, i don't really know much about Perth but businesses close early there dky!, these places i have been there so from my lil experience. i Study at uni. of Canberra, i will respond to any question when i can, Good-luck in all your endeavors

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 12:20am On Jan 21, 2015
My brothers who have gotten positive assessment from engineers australia I need some assistance in figuring out how to go about my circumstance.

I have a first degree in chemical engineering. Since then I have only worked in environmental engineering related roles in a private setting. Now I intend to continue with masters in environmental Eng this Feb at Griffith uni. In my CDR competency demonstration report do I focus on chemical Eng role or env Eng role in my three career episodes as I intend to switch. PS I will be applying as an environmental engineer when the time comes. Please advice. I need to start early, PR on my mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 3:43am On Jan 21, 2015
malkinburg:
My brothers who have gotten positive assessment from engineers australia I need some assistance in figuring out how to go about my circumstance.

I have a first degree in chemical engineering. Since then I have only worked in environmental engineering related roles in a private setting. Now I intend to continue with masters in environmental Eng this Feb at Griffith uni. In my CDR competency demonstration report do I focus on chemical Eng role or env Eng role in my three career episodes as I intend to switch. PS I will be applying as an environmental engineer when the time comes. Please advice. I need to start early, PR on my mind

Since your first degree is in Chemical Engineering and you are looking for a PR as an Environmental Engineer (which is an integral part of Chem. Engr'g.), I'll advise that you tactfully write your CDR from a broad perspective of Chem. Engr'g. while you zero in on Env. Engr'g. where you said you have been practising extensively.

More importantly, I'll advise you check the details of the responsibilities of a Env. Engineer on the SOL. These will give you an heads-up as to how to match your experience with the stated duties.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ruleogo: 8:20am On Jan 21, 2015
akomsy:
here's a lil view of mine for my fellow migrants, Canberra is like Abuja where you find all they civil servants going to work it's not so fast paced, Sydney is like Lagos where things happen to some extent, Melbourne like Lagos is awesome cos its like a very multicultural environment so you will always feel at home, Perth is kinda good but far away, i don't really know much about Perth but businesses close early there dky!, these places i have been there so from my lil experience. i Study at uni. of Canberra, i will respond to any question when i can, Good-luck in all your endeavors
Please do you know how long it takes to get an accommodation in canberra.thinking of getting a short stay or an hotel for a week and then looking around for a long term accommodation but really don't know if one week will be fine to get an accommodation.also please what is needed to get to an accommodation off campus especially an apartment.your advise in general will be fully appreciated,will be going with my family.thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Remmy613(m): 9:04am On Jan 21, 2015
Anyone who can guarantee a visa to australia should contact me remmyflex@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2015
Remmy613:
Anyone who can guarantee a visa to australia should contact me remmyflex@yahoo.com

I think your going about it the wrong way. All the info u need to get a visa without giving an agent a single penny is here. Ur just inviting scammers into ur life. No body can guarantee u a visa. If ur doubt ur papers or ur circumstance is complicated then u can go look for a registered MARA agent "www.mara.gov.au" to relate with the embassy on your behalf. They too can only enhance ur chances. If else do it urself its ABC. Avoid scammers at all cost.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
UCHDR:
Hello house,
How could one obtain international driving license? and how long does it take?
why get an int'l drivers license when the normal nigerian drivers license can work here...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 10:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
Bossladymo,

I am still waiting for your response. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
Did anyone here register for ielts online. How did you go abt the payment? I've finally decided to START
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 11:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
God is faithful.
It came like a wish , then like a dream and now a reality.
I got my grant today (573), lodged an application on the 6th of January and I was hit by the Golden mail at exactly 1.11pm today being the 21st of January 2015. Never mind it's a day worth remembering.

I do appreciate each and everyone that has taken time to share cogent information...your input here goes a long way in helping others.#Malkinburg you are the bomb.
Gold Coast here we come!

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 11:46pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ruleogo:

Please do you know how long it takes to get an accommodation in canberra.thinking of getting a short stay or an hotel for a week and then looking around for a long term accommodation but really don't know if one week will be fine to get an accommodation.also please what is needed to get to an accommodation off campus especially an apartment.your advise in general will be fully appreciated,will be going with my family.thanks

Tbh is kinda hard to get settled under one week but with God all things are possible, you can stay in YHA backpackers in the city at 7 Akuna street. That's the cheapest to me hotel is not cheap, sometimes you might see a house but you might not like it cos you dont like the tenats or location of price etc but canberra has best houses in Australia anyways cos its developing so most houses are new, how many people are coming with you? Also if you wanted to rent an apartment it might be hard cos you have no job yet so they won't really give you a contract. Anymore questions I will load you hope this helps
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jimeff: 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2015
akomsy:

Im headed to UC first week of next month, any advice on accomodation, because that seems to be my only headache as at now..hopefully would meet u wen i get there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by abhim: 12:13am On Jan 22, 2015
@Bossladymo,I've gone through most of the chats here. Been following you since and I've finally made up my mind to go the PR way, I studied agricultural economics in ui, and worked in the bank for about 6 yrs, I left bank 3 yrs ago and joined my hubby on his farm as an advisor more or less , I have 2 kids ages 5 and 1, I'm trying to follow up with my transcript with the help of my sister in Ibadan, but I remember you made mention of your applied courses not being fully listed, how did you overcome that challeng
e, where did you get your syllabus for the course, I guess it would be among what to upload for vetassess. Thank you for taking out of your tight schedule to help on this forum, it's highly appreciated, thanks again
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by abhim: 12:20am On Jan 22, 2015
And another question is would I have to include my yearsof experience in the bank, in the cv that is to be submitted to vetassess, does the cv follow any special format? I only have experience as an advisor for 2 years .thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 12:59am On Jan 22, 2015
jimeff:

Im headed to UC first week of next month, any advice on accomodation, because that seems to be my only headache as at now..hopefully would meet u wen i get there.
I would really say you stay in a backpackers for a start shaa, don't stress so much about accommodation just enter aussie first ( here's my number for anyone who wants to message me you can only what'sapp or viber this number but won't let you call me I can call you if necessary +61466542259)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by UCHDR: 5:57am On Jan 22, 2015
iriferi:
why get an int'l drivers license when the normal nigerian drivers license can work here...
okay, i dont know Nigeria driving license is accepted in Australia.
Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by UCHDR: 6:02am On Jan 22, 2015
is being 45yr old a barrier to migrate to australia?
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 22, 2015
bellong:
Bossladymo,

I am still waiting for your response. Thanks

I just replied...sorry for the delay.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 22, 2015
abhim:
@Bossladymo,I've gone through most of the chats here. Been following you since and I've finally made up my mind to go the PR way, I studied agricultural economics in ui, and worked in the bank for about 6 yrs, I left bank 3 yrs ago and joined my hubby on his farm as an advisor more or less , I have 2 kids ages 5 and 1, I'm trying to follow up with my transcript with the help of my sister in Ibadan, but I remember you made mention of your applied courses not being fully listed, how did you overcome that challeng
e, where did you get your syllabus for the course, I guess it would be among what to upload for vetassess. Thank you for taking out of your tight schedule to help on this forum, it's highly appreciated, thanks again

Hi! They finally found the courses, but it took 2 whole months...despite the fact that I finished not too long ago. Agricultural Economics dept are more organised, you should get yours faster I guess.

I didn't upload syllabus, just transcript and certificate...you don't need syllabus.

You only need a year experience to get a positive assessment (during my time, pls confirm as rules might have changed). The CV format is detailed on their website. Lay emphasis on your agric experience, and just list any other irrelevant experience.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by abhim: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2015
@Bossladymo,thank you I'm forwarding my details to the person helping with the transcript today. And I'd keep you updated as events unfold, I would need a close guidance from you, hope I'd be obliged.are you saying I shouldn't mention the banking experience at all?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 22, 2015
abhim:
@Bossladymo,thank you I'm forwarding my details to the person helping with the transcript today. And I'd keep you updated as events unfold, I would need a close guidance from you, hope I'd be obliged.are you saying I shouldn't mention the banking experience at all?

According to the VETASSESS guidelines for writing CV, irrelevant work experience can just be listed, as ypu have just 3 pages for the entire CV. So just list it and use a few sentences to describe your duties.

Shey you know the transcript process in UI? It can take a long while if you have not done your clearance o.

No pee, I dey here.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oladunwo(m): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
Please, have been reading and reading, I must confess I have gained a lot from this forum. As a banker with a two years experience, am I eligible to apply for Australia permanent residence? If yes, what are the tins am going to need?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hello,please anyone studying in Rmit or university of canberra?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
Preciousstones:
Hello,please anyone studying in Rmit or university of canberra?

university of canberra, any question?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
akomsy:

university of canberra, any question?

Yea I just got my admission to study masters of business management for 1semester but I will be adjusting my resumption date to 2nd semester.wanted to find out how's the school(university of canberra).I joined some international forum about australian schools it seems most people don't like the school,not really sure yet.'M still waiting for RMIT university admission process.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
Preciousstones:

Yea I just got my admission to study masters of business management for 1semester but I will be adjusting my resumption date to 2nd semester.wanted to find out how's the school(university of canberra).I joined some international forum about australian schools it seems most people don't like the school,not really sure yet.'M still waiting for RMIT university admission process.

uni isn't much of a fun in Australia, for Canberra; its a small city and i'm not sure its the best uni anyways but for uni cert. it doesnt matter wch uni you graduated from what matters is that u studied in Australia and btw once you get busy here you go to uni only when you should be there if you know what i mean
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
akomsy:

uni isn't much of a fun in Australia, for Canberra; its a small city and i'm not sure its the best uni anyways but for uni cert. it doesnt matter wch uni you graduated from what matters is that u studied in Australia and btw once you get busy here you go to uni only when you should be there if you know what i mean

Thank,for helping out.'M considering RMIT because they have my program(communications-PR)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by akomsy(m): 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
Preciousstones:

Thank,for helping out.'M considering RMIT because they have my program(communications-PR)

that would be nice RMIT might be more expensive but melbourne is nice grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.