Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754512 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:48am On May 22, 2015
bossladyMo:

Was that with VETASSESS?

I assessed with just my BSc, and it was assessed equal to an Aus Bachelor's. I guess the MSc helps if you feel your Bachelor's is gonna fall short.
I think Nigerian five-year programs cut that nicely...again if one has the kind of my opportunity where u can delay ur 4-year major by doing extra one semester or two, can get it at par. BossLady, u know those my 7 missing ICT courses killed my B.Sc equivalency.

My M.Sc Supervisor is just dribbling me...I have only chapter four to wrap up since March 25.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:31am On May 22, 2015
ferdimako:

I think Nigerian five-year programs cut that nicely...again if one has the kind of my opportunity where u can delay ur 4-year major by doing extra one semester or two, can get it at par. BossLady, u know those my 7 missing ICT courses killed my B.Sc equivalency.

My M.Sc Supervisor is just dribbling me...I have only chapter four to wrap up since March 25.

Imagine! So they still didn't find it? Na wa for Naija!!! 'Tis well .

Guess you just have to chill for your M.Sc...and yeap, 5 year degrees fair better. But bellong has a 4yr degree from OAU, and that passed...so I guess it depends on the school also.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:21am On May 22, 2015
izykvision0:

Nope, Statistician. Vic SS.

Oh okay. Just hang in there bro
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:18am On May 22, 2015
ewagbamio:
Nice one @UBKtech! are you an IMG too? You you appear to have firsthand experience of how its going down over there.
Seeing as it is that JCU and Flinders appear to be in urban areas, can you suggest any uni located in the countryside offering Masters Programs in Public Health/Primary Care/Paliative Care etc.

Also, as to practicing in regional areas, I understand exceptions are given for Afterhours practice, kindly say a thing or two about it please.

Any other contributions you might have on the issue of Nigerian IMGs/health workers generally in Aus esp on; getting in, good locations, settling down, and the ULTIMATE -- Jobs. Info from people like you are in demand here.

Thank you

@ewagbamio, I am not an IMG, but I work in the healthcare/hospital environment. I know a lot of 9ja Drs practising here in Victoria and a lot more trying to get into the system. The migration pathway for drs is not straight forward like that of others, here is the pathway for drs:

AMC1==>Job offer==>PESCI==>AMC2==>Skilled migration/PR.

But the most difficult aspects of the process is getting a job offer and passing PESCI. I don't understand what you meant by after hours work, but I know you have to meet all the requirements before you can practice.

As for schools, most of the schools offering the courses you want would be in the urban/semi-urban center.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:14am On May 22, 2015
bossladyMo:

Imagine! So they still didn't find it? Na wa for Naija!!! 'Tis well .

Guess you just have to chill for your M.Sc...and yeap, 5 year degrees fair better. But bellong has a 4yr degree from OAU, and that passed...so I guess it depends on the school also.
Yea...they are a straitjacket... nothing gets added nothing gets removed.

Yeah it depends on the contents..three years with 65% ICT major is even better than five years of pure math, physics and GSTs. I saw this ahead and I signed up for more ICTs and they refused to add my 7 courses including my IT. Telling me u have graduated... as if that is all.

I received a text now from my supervisor... let me see what he can do. If I submit my project now I will be graduated in June or July.. so that I can process the transcript and testimonial. Cert is given in January... that is not my problem.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 8:05am On May 22, 2015
bossladyMo:

What is your age bracket?
Do you have a Diploma, BSc or Phd?
How good are your English skills?
How many years of work exp do you have AFTER YOUR DEGREE?
Do you have a spouse? If yes, what is her occupation?
Have you ever studied in Aus?
Thanks for your response...
My Age...(34)
I have.... (Bsc in Accounting)
My English skill....(Excellent)
Job Experience....(2008-Till date)
Spouse....(Yes)
She has been working in a company for 2yrs now. She also do little business in her shop.
Have u ever study in Australia...( NO).pls advice me what to do next. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 8:11am On May 22, 2015
ferdimako:

That is an idea based on u and what u feel u can achieve... the real thing is what I told u. U get to read up...know ur assessing authority... deal with them and do that English test with d required bands in mind.
Thanks for your Advise, pls how am I going to know my assessing authority. Any link pls,I want you to put me through. May God bless you all. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 8:13am On May 22, 2015
omooba2015:

Thanks for your response...
My Age...(34)
I have.... (Bsc in Accounting)
My English skill....(Excellent)
Job Experience....(2008-Till date)
Spouse....(Yes)
She has been working in a company for 2yrs now. She also do little business in her shop.
Have u ever study in Australia...( NO).pls advice me what to do next. Thanks

Age----- 25
English.... 0
Degree..... 0
Experience... Maybe 10, maybe 5 and maybe 0.
Spouse: 0

From what you have here. The maximum point you can get as at now is 35 which is not enough to qualify to fill an EOI.

If you had read either this thread or the immigration website, you will know that you are jumping the gun.

Now you have to assess your work experience and degree with one of the two bodies who can do it. After that you will write an English exam. It is the exam that will award you excellent not yourself.

If you ask me, I will tell you to start your assignment from here www.skillselect.gov.au

Good luck.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by teeflow09: 8:42am On May 22, 2015
missakomaye:

They dont send any form of acknowledgement o. And yes i agree, they should be able to add that to services rendered.
Usually students from Niaja no dey fit track their visas. I dont know abt PR.
You can however call the embassy in Pretoria (not teleperformance Lagos). 25th March is a long time ago, especially if its SVP.
The number is on their website and its displayed two or three threads back.
Patience no easy oo
Good day frds,pls is dere anyone in d house dat just got his Australian visa trough teleperformance
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:09am On May 22, 2015
omooba2015:

Thanks for your Advise, pls how am I going to know my assessing authority. Any link pls,I want you to put me through. May God bless you all. Thanks
Do u have ICAN? I don't know if only B.Sc will do. Anyway, Google the assessing authorities...I think they are about three. Even with 60points, u can get invited within weeks despite the fact accountants are always lodging.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:09am On May 22, 2015
teeflow09:

Good day frds,pls is dere anyone in d house dat just got his Australian visa trough teleperformance

yes, submitted May 4th and granted 15th May 2015. It is svp visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:11am On May 22, 2015
bellong:

Age----- 25
English.... 0
Degree..... 0
Experience... Maybe 10, maybe 5 and maybe 0.
Spouse: 0

From what you have here. The maximum point you can get as at now is 35 which is not enough to qualify to fill an EOI.

If you had read either this thread or the immigration website, you will know that you are jumping the gun.

Now you have to assess your work experience and degree with one of the two bodies who can do it. After that you will write an English exam. It is the exam that will award you excellent not yourself.

If you ask me, I will tell you to start your assignment from here www.skillselect.gov.au

Good luck.
Whao! Agent Bellong!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 9:56am On May 22, 2015
ferdimako:

Whao! Agent Bellong!
Wow... Infact I dey confuse ooo guys. Make Una help, I don't have ICAN. Na only Bsc I get with 8yrs working experience as An Accountant.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 10:06am On May 22, 2015
ferdimako:

Do u have ICAN? I don't know if only B.Sc will do. Anyway, Google the assessing authorities...I think they are about three. Even with 60points, u can get invited within weeks despite the fact accountants are always lodging.
Thanks alot, I will google it, and look at it, I will feed u back my out come.Thanks again
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:58am On May 22, 2015
omooba2015:

Wow... Infact I dey confuse ooo guys. Make Una help, I don't have ICAN. Na only Bsc I get with 8yrs working experience as An Accountant.
I'm not saying u must have...just check to see what is possible. I don't really know. The man I know had MBA and ICAN, superior english proficiency and had 60 points. He did not claim any migration points from work experience. He's in Oz with his family.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 11:00am On May 22, 2015
ferdimako:

Yes, this is d outcome,they are three assessing body,(1) Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia(ICAA)..(2) Certified Practising Accountant of Australia (CPAA)...(3) Institue of Public Accountant (IPA)... So my question now is this... Am I going to send them an email or what am going to do. Thanks alot.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:00am On May 22, 2015
omooba2015:

You might need ICAN to boost your BSc.

Which uni did you attend?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by teeflow09: 11:27am On May 22, 2015
malmo:

yes, submitted May 4th and granted 15th May 2015. It is svp visa.
Ha....Jesus I need help ooo... how much was in ur statement of account cos I was thinking it's my statement dat is causing delay...I submitted since March 25th nd wen is ur sch resuming
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:48am On May 22, 2015
teeflow09:

Ha....Jesus I need help ooo... how much was in ur statement of account cos I was thinking it's my statement dat is causing delay...I submitted since March 25th nd wen is ur sch resuming

nil, my wife has student visa based on that i submitted my application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:50am On May 22, 2015
Thanks for your input BossladyMo, I am a Doctor and planning to migrate by firsr getting into a relevant Masters Prorgram. I'll look at the Seek.com site and educate myself further.

@UBKtech, really good hearing from you especially an insider in the Health system over there. It really is a complex maze for Doctors and it is made even more daunting by the paucity of current info.

@BossladyMo and UBKtech, I'd like your opinion on which region is more favorable for IMGs/Doctor in term of ease of getting a Job, overall cost of living. My focus is on QLD vs Victoria but info on any other areas, no matter how minute, will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2015
bossladyMo:

You might need ICAN to boost your BSc.

Which uni did you attend?
OOU
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 12:47pm On May 22, 2015
malmo:

Bro, will like ask u few questions please. I sent u PM
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2015
malmo:

You mean your wife was granted visa along with you,at the same time,pls what type of visa
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 22, 2015
omooba2015:

You mean your wife was granted visa along with you,at the same time,pls what type of visa

my wife applied along with our kids around february.They left for AU in March, and I applied 4th May and granted 15th.It is SVP visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 1:40pm On May 22, 2015
malmo:

my wife applied along with our kids around february.They left for AU in March, and I applied 4th May and granted 15th.It is SVP visa.
Congratulations!.. Do you write English proficiency Examination,before submitting your application, do u pay full tuition fees or part payment. Enjoy with the family. God bless u. More testimony!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chuckdee13(m): 1:52pm On May 22, 2015
wow that was God speeding up the whole process for u. that was really fast for both visas.
malmo:

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chuckdee13(m): 1:56pm On May 22, 2015
If I get a superior english proficiency...can I use my B.eng n M.sc(not related to my B.eng) with some certifications I have gotten n not enough work experience to apply for 189?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 22, 2015
chuckdee13:
If I get a superior english proficiency...can I use my B.eng n M.sc(not related to my B.eng) with some certifications I have gotten n not enough work experience to apply for 189?
No single answer...deal with ur assessing authority, read up on their site or from other people that have gone before you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by missakomaye(f): 2:56pm On May 22, 2015
teeflow09:

Hello teeflow09,
Did you try to contact them like i advised? Via Phone call or email?
It is important you do. They are quite open/approachable and will assist in assuaging your worries (maybe)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chuckdee13(m): 3:51pm On May 22, 2015
thx alot man. I'm just gathering up facts before I act. I'll check with my assessing body
ferdimako:

No single answer...deal with ur assessing authority, read up on their site or from other people that have gone before you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 5:37pm On May 22, 2015
Mehn just played around checking fares, I couldn't believe my eyes. For a family of 3 around June/July its 970k thereabout on Emirates and 780k thereabout on Etihad/Qatar. In winter? Serious matter o. August is even higher.

What miracle can IOM perform here, knowing that they use Emirates?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 5:42pm On May 22, 2015
izykvision0:
Mehn just played around checking fares, I couldn't believe my eyes. For a family of 3 around June/July its 970k thereabout on Emirates and 780k thereabout on Etihad/Qatar. In winter? Serious matter o. August is even higher.

What miracle can IOM perform here, knowing that they use Emirates?
U will get better deal with IOM

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.