Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752425 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ohioilserve: 6:46pm On May 22, 2015
WHEW!!!! Hello guys virtue just went out of me! I just submitted n paid for 189 for me and my family.....pray for us!
On the document upload, I have a few question
The documents have to b certified before scanning n uploading?its not so clear in the website,first it says d docs shld be scanned and the next sentence says d provided docs have to be certified. I have always thot that you only certify when hard copies are been sent. ( Doesn't make sense to me that you certify and then scan)

The upload section has Health,Evidence of....is dat the almighty medicals? Another place in the site says if you are applying from outside,you have to wait till requested before you go for medicals.abeg how much does medicals cost for 2 adults and a baby? Have tried to enquire from them on phone at Fatayi and they were asking for my something something number before they can give me an estimate
Also, the upload section has Character Evidence of.....is this the police certificate? Tot you also will have to be directed by your CO to go for it?

Bosslady, Fedriko,NNBB2012 et al abeg respond....God bless you all.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 22, 2015
ohioilserve:
WHEW!!!! Hello guys virtue just went out of me! I just submitted n paid for 189 for me and my family.....pray for us!
The documents have to b certified before scanning n uploading?its not so clear in the website,first it says d docs shld be scanned and the next sentence says d provided docs have to be certified. I have always thot that you only certify when hard copies are been sent. ( Doesn't make sense to me that you certify and then scan)

The upload section has Health,Evidence of....is dat the almighty medicals? Another place in the site says if you are applying from outside,you have to wait till requested before you go for medicals.

Also, the upload section has Character Evidence of.....is this the police certificate? Tot you also will have to be directed by your CO to go for it?

Either u certify, scan and upload ur photocopies or u scan ur originals as they're in color and upload.

For medicals and PCC...wait for ur CO then.

Which occupation, how many points and how long did it take to invite u?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ohioilserve: 7:02pm On May 22, 2015
Thanks man. Petroleum Engr, my Claim na 65 points, submitted EOI on 4th, they invited me 6days later on the 10th....me self fear....come they look am some how smiley!
ferdimako:

Either u certify, scan and upload ur photocopies or u scan ur originals as they're in colored and upload.

For medicals and PCC...wait for ur CO then.

Which occupation, how many points and how long did it take to invite u?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lighthouse4real: 8:28pm On May 22, 2015
@ izykvision0:Mehn just played around checking fares, I couldn't believe my eyes. For a family of 3 around June/July its 970k thereabout on Emirates and 780k thereabout on Etihad/Qatar. In winter? Serious matter o. August is even higher.

What miracle can IOM perform here, knowing that they use Emirates?

IOM will definitely perform miracle. Try to make use of it. The fare for my family of four that I checked earlier, on Etihad was about 1.2million.
I eventually made use of IOM with a total pay of 670k ( despite converting naira to dollar at a rate of 221). Made the payment through my domiciliary dollar account to the IOM Australia account.
So try to make use of the organization. Got my ticket in less than 3 days after payment.
All the best
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 8:48pm On May 22, 2015
ohioilserve:
Thanks man. Petroleum Engr, my Claim na 65 points, submitted EOI on 4th, they invited me 6days later on the 10th....me self fear....come they look am some how smiley!
Congratulations, with this, pray and fast, God will do it. Hope your SOA submitted is very strong. What was your qualification when you apply, And yrs of work Experience.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 9:21pm On May 22, 2015
Congrats, if you have scaled the assessment stage, the rest is almost assured. I was told this a while ago, but I didn't believe until I experimented it myself, then others here can attest to that..... Best of luck, and get ready for the longest wait of yur life

Secondly, the character evidence is your PCC... Scan and upload in colour. Well, they say it's not necessary to certify, but hey, I certified everything... Since I did the same for the assessing body, and used virtually the same documents... For the medicalised, they say you should wait for your CO to contact you, butfromthis thread, I realized, if youre sure of your claims, you can go ahead with the meds. Call fatoyinbo Williams, and they will ask you a question on some number on your application acknowledgent... It's not an elaborate process. No need to upload anything, fatwa yi will sort that out.

3rdly Omooba2015, pls take your time to read the immi website, not just read, but understand. There's a lot of info on the page, but you can easily sieve yours out. Also, less than 10 pages back, there was a useful post on the breakdown on what to do and how to do it if you want to migrate to Aussie.

ohioilserve:

The upload section has Health,Evidence of....is dat the almighty medicals? Another place in the site says if you are applying from outside,you have to wait till requested before you go for medicals.abeg how much does medicals cost for 2 adults and a baby? Have tried to enquire from them on phone at Fatayi and they were asking for my something something number before they can give me an estimate

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 22, 2015
omooba2015:

Congratulations!.. Do you write English proficiency Examination,before submitting your application, do u pay full tuition fees or part payment. Enjoy with the family. God bless u. More testimony!!!
i thanks, i didnt write any english exam. i am not a student but my wife.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ohioilserve: 9:44pm On May 22, 2015
This is cetainly helpful. Hope the wait won't be draining...grin grin...have a lot to yet do before moving!! Thanks man.
bjayzeez:
Congrats, if you have scaled the assessment stage, the rest is almost assured. I was told this a while ago, but I didn't believe until I experimented it myself, then others here can attest to that..... Best of luck, and get ready for the longest wait of yur life

Secondly, the character evidence is your PCC... Scan and upload in colour. Well, they say it's not necessary to certify, but hey, I certified everything... Since I did the same for the assessing body, and used virtually the same documents... For the medicalised, they say you should wait for your CO to contact you, butfromthis thread, I realized, if youre sure of your claims, you can go ahead with the meds. Call fatoyinbo Williams, and they will ask you a question on some number on your application acknowledgent... It's not an elaborate process. No need to upload anything, fatwa yi will sort that out.

3rdly Omooba2015, pls take your time to read the immi website, not just read, but understand. There's a lot of info on the page, but you can easily sieve yours out. Also, less than 10 pages back, there was a useful post on the breakdown on what to do and how to do it if you want to migrate to Aussie.

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ohioilserve: 10:12pm On May 22, 2015
omooba2015:

Congratulations, with this, pray and fast, God will do it. Hope your SOA submitted is very strong. What was your qualification when you apply, And yrs of work Experience.

Bros thanks. I pray all goes well. What's SOA? R u sure its relevant to 189? Hv a BEng n Msc in Pet. About 6yrs exp.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 10:55pm On May 22, 2015
lighthouse4real:
@ izykvision0:Mehn just played around checking fares, I couldn't believe my eyes. For a family of 3 around June/July its 970k thereabout on Emirates and 780k thereabout on Etihad/Qatar. In winter? Serious matter o. August is even higher.

What miracle can IOM perform here, knowing that they use Emirates?

IOM will definitely perform miracle. Try to make use of it. The fare for my family of four that I checked earlier, on Etihad was about 1.2million.
I eventually made use of IOM with a total pay of 670k ( despite converting naira to dollar at a rate of 221). Made the payment through my domiciliary dollar account to the IOM Australia account.
So try to make use of the organization. Got my ticket in less than 3 days after payment.
All the best

Really. Did they get Emirates or Etihad for u? And for what month was that? Learnt on this forum they have a naira account.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by JesusDWay(m): 11:28pm On May 22, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I know a little that the present system being used by Canada for their Federal immigration programmes are little designed after the Australian type but don't know how much similarity they really have. Can anyone kindly let me know if there are specific professions that are catered for in Australia's immigration programme or anyone with a post-secondary qualification and some years work experience can apply, specifically administrative work experience?

I've been on their site but haven't gotten much out of it yet.

Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by omooba2015(m): 11:35pm On May 22, 2015
ohioilserve:

Bros thanks. I pray all goes well. What's SOA? R u sure its relevant to 189? Hv a BEng n Msc in Pet. About 6yrs exp.
Statement of Account... But let hope for victory.... Be happy, Do you write any English Test...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chuckdee13(m): 11:38pm On May 22, 2015
theres a place on auusie immigration site (www.immi.gov.au) that shows the occupation list...then u can see all u need to know
JesusDWay:
Hi Everyone,

I know a little that the present system being used by Canada for their Federal immigration programmes are little designed after the Australian type but don't know how much similarity they really have. Can anyone kindly let me know if there are specific professions that are catered for in Australia's immigration programme or anyone with a post-secondary qualification and some years work experience can apply, specifically administrative work experience?

I've been on their site but haven't gotten much out of it yet.

Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chuckdee13(m): 11:39pm On May 22, 2015
pls dont be offended but can u tell me what scored these points for u. I'm a petroleum engineer too but didnt do my masters in petroleum engineering.
ohioilserve:
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by JesusDWay(m): 12:01am On May 23, 2015
chuckdee13:
theres a place on auusie immigration site (www.immi.gov.au) that shows the occupation list...then u can see all u need to know

Thanks bro
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ohioilserve: 2:23am On May 23, 2015
...Man you've got to READ through this thread and the immi site...No SOA is needed for 189 subclass and Yes,I wrote IELTS
quote author=omooba2015 post=34010452]
Statement of Account... But let hope for victory.... Be happy, Do you write any English Test...[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by pingu2k5(m): 2:27am On May 23, 2015
ohioilserve:
Please how did you make payment for your visa application? Can one make payment using the ATM mastercard? I applied earlier this week for NSW SS. I pray and hope I'll get the state sponsorship and invite from skillselect before this FY runs out, so I can beat the proposed fees hike for next FY.

I wish you all the best in your application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ohioilserve: 2:31am On May 23, 2015
30 for Age, 10 for IELTS, 15 for qualification and 10 for experience you get assessed with your Bachelors . So no worries....it says at least a bachelors gives 15 points
chuckdee13:
pls dont be offended but can u tell me what scored these points for u. I'm a petroleum engineer too but didnt do my masters in petroleum engineering.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ohioilserve: 2:39am On May 23, 2015
Yea....I paid with my normal naira mastercard. Thanks! Wish you well too
pingu2k5:

Please how did you make payment for your visa application? Can one make payment using the ATM mastercard? I applied earlier this week for NSW SS. I pray and hope I'll get the state sponsorship and invite from skillselect before this FY runs out, so I can beat the proposed fees hike for next FY.

I wish you all the best in your application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lighthouse4real: 3:43am On May 23, 2015
izykvision0:

Really. Did they get Emirates or Etihad for u? And for what month was that? Learnt on this forum they have a naira account.

Emirates airway was booked for June ending. Yeah, you can pay via the local branch of IOM in Lagos.
The various options on payment will be sent to you when you are set to book with them.
Take care
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:19am On May 23, 2015
ohioilserve:
Yea....I paid with my normal naira mastercard. Thanks! Wish you well too

The people who have to wait for invites are mostly ICT occupations and Accountants...every other occupation gets invited fairly easy, as the number of applicants aren't many and the ceiling level was also increased.

I would advice you do your meds now, uploaded all the required docs and just wait for your direct grant. It is better than waiting for the co to ask for it, as it pushes back the processing time. Just click on the get health details tab and follow the instructions.

When I did my meds, it was about 40k for adults and 20k or so for kids...excluding polio vaccination. Just give them your hap I'd (which will be generated when you click on health details). You will do a full body exam, urine and HIV test...then over to St Nick for x-ray at 5k (only adults need x-ray).

Upload original docs, as long as they are coloured...no need to certify. Also upload your university transcripts alongside your certificate.

If you get everything done and submitted, you can expect your visas by late June to mid July.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:25am On May 23, 2015
ohioilserve:
This is cetainly helpful. Hope the wait won't be draining...grin grin...have a lot to yet do before moving!! Thanks man.

Nothing to fear jare. I went through the skill select process twice, and I faced no issues. If you have nothing to hide, and have appropriate documentation to back your claims...then it's easy breezy. What gorks most ppl is when the dibp can't verify their claims e.g work experience.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ohioilserve: 7:43am On May 23, 2015
Wow....informative....BossladyMo make DIBP take you for work na...abi na there you dey work?grin Thanks. When d grant is given,how long do I hv to enter Aussie? Some say upto 6months....because am not yet ready to move,am looking at Dec or Jan...abi make I use d medicals thing and buy some time?
bossladyMo:

The people who have to wait for invites are mostly ICT occupations and Accountants...every other occupation gets invited fairly easy, as the number of applicants aren't many and the ceiling level was also increased.

I would advice you do your meds now, uploaded all the required docs and just wait for your direct grant. It is better than waiting for the co to ask for it, as it pushes back the processing time. Just click on the get health details tab and follow the instructions.

When I did my meds, it was about 40k for adults and 20k or so for kids...excluding polio vaccination. Just give them your hap I'd (which will be generated when you click on health details). You will do a full body exam, urine and HIV test...then over to St Nick for x-ray at 5k (only adults need x-ray).

Upload original docs, as long as they are coloured...no need to certify. Also upload your university transcripts alongside your certificate.

If you get everything done and submitted, you can expect your visas by late June to mid July.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:54am On May 23, 2015
ohioilserve:
Wow....informative....BossladyMo make DIBP take you for work na...abi na there you dey work?grin Thanks. When d grant is given,how long do I hv to enter Aussie? Some say upto 6months....because am not yet ready to move,am looking at Dec or Jan...abi make I use d medicals thing and buy some time?

Lol...abi ooo. Nothing as secure as govt job he he.

You have 1yr from the day u take your meds or the date on your PCC...whichever us earlier.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 7:56am On May 23, 2015
ohioilserve:

If u aint ready now, wait for CO to contact u for meds and pcc - buys more time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 8:01am On May 23, 2015
bossladyMo:

Lol...abi ooo. Nothing as secure as govt job he he.

You have 1yr from the day u take your meds or the date on your PCC...whichever us earlier.

Aw far na, aws ur wknd going? Since getting on 190 have u made moves on getting ur kids on govt. approved day care for child benefit yet? Pls kindly tell me the process, still gonna read it up though. So many links and benefits explained. I know of a medical register the child has to be on first, to tender to d skl or sumtin.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by youngpboy: 8:14am On May 23, 2015
Glorious day to everyone here.
I am submitting application for my 572 visa under SVP but not self sponsored. I want to know if I av to include my sponsors (brother) statement of account to my application after using it on my GTE. I will appreciate good response
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 8:27am On May 23, 2015
youngpboy:
Glorious day to everyone here.
I am submitting application for my 572 visa under SVP but not self sponsored. I want to know if I av to include my sponsors (brother) statement of account to my application after using it on my GTE. I will appreciate good response
If u ar under SVP No need of Bank Statement just follow the checklist
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by youngpboy: 9:09am On May 23, 2015
mrnilobrawn:
If u ar under SVP No need of Bank Statement just follow the checklist
thanks great
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 9:30am On May 23, 2015
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:57am On May 23, 2015
izykvision0:

Aw far na, aws ur wknd going? Since getting on 190 have u made moves on getting ur kids on govt. approved day care for child benefit yet? Pls kindly tell me the process, still gonna read it up though. So many links and benefits explained. I know of a medical register the child has to be on first, to tender to d skl or sumtin.

I dey bro.

The register is the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register. Your kid automatically gets on it once they get a shot in Aus.

New immigrants are only entitled to Family Tax Benefit A & B, CCB and CCR. All you do is lodge the claim online, take a couple of docs to the centre link office so they can upgrade your online self-service access. You can either choose to upload the required docs needed for your claim, or have them upload it for you at centrelink. Then you wait 21days to start receiving the benefits. They backdate payments to when you first lodged the claim though.. And you can choose to receive it fortnightly, quarterly or annually.

You then take yours and the kids customer reference number to the daycare. They will do the calculations and tell you how much you are then to pay. If you choseto have the cCCB paid to the daycare, then all you do is pay whatever is remaining after CCB and CCR are applied. By if you choose to have it paid to your account, then you pay the full daycare fees and your accounted credited.

New migrants also qualify for rent assistance, if your rent is more than a certain amount per fortnight.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:00am On May 23, 2015
omooba2015:

Statement of Account... But let hope for victory.... Be happy, Do you write any English Test...
It is not needed!

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.