Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:01 AM

Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees (32128 Views)

MIRACLE! After 12 Years Of Barrenness, Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets - Photos / Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / Driver's Wife Delivers Quadruplets In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by hardbody: 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
Abali1: singing in my native language.... adighi eme ya n' ike....adighi eme ya n' ego.... Chi n' enye nwa, nwa bu onyinye Chukwu

The Irony of this is that, you see most of the very rich couples having only 2 or 3 or 4 kids and the very poor couples breeding as if they were competing in an olympreek (olympic) game.

I believe it is only one son in the qaudrplets, for that I say congratulation Ma. God has really granted your hearts desire.
This is a clear case of tempting nature... God in His infinite wisdom gave you 1,2,3,4,5 (I believe beautiful gals). But you were asking God to please EMBARASS you with more blessings. So why is she crying for help from the govt and the society.

On a serious note, women are mostly the architect of their woes... After 2 or 3 gals, why didn't the woman just give up. If hubby wanted to please himself so much with a male child, let him ADOPT. why risk your health and stretch your meagre finances just to please a Man who didn't even think of facing his fears/RESPONSIBILITIES, before absconding.

On Point.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by stagger: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
The man na welder abi?

He should go and train to become an undersea welder and his life will never be the same. Someone advise him to locate any of the militant generals in his state (he can claim to be Izon), register as an ex militant and he is on his way! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by sucezTP(f): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
It is the lord's doing, and it's marvellous in our sights..

Let charity begins..stop criticizng them..
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
Chedarking: You can be sure this woman would be VERY concerned about the price of Garri....

Lol! I love that!

Now I'm going to be really bit.c.h.y here. I've just had another good look at the woman in question here, and she looks too dry to breastfeed 2 children well, let alone 4!

Even after she don born dem finish, why she still get that surprised look on her face? She nor know say she go born 4 of them before?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2012
proudlyafrican:
I am on my way to the office will be right back when i touched down..However,with our cultural and traditional belief,don`t you think thousands if not millions of women will be thrown out of their matrimonial home if they dare raise the guts to tell their desperate "SON" seeking husbands that they do not want any further child after having five girls??

Let me ask you this . . . Do you think Children care about what society and tradition says or do you think they care more that those who are their parents love them first? I mean you are, right now, saying "F**K you" to society in your own life(you choose to love your children first), and society and culture already frowns at your kind but cannot do anything. Why can't these women say "F**k you" to the same society/culture/man-who-only-loves-them-as-long-as-they-are-doing-what-society wants-OVER-what-the-kids-NEED, and choose to love their children first? Why are women to put their "MRS" status on a higher state than their love for their own children? Why?

I understand that Nigerians/Africans created this problem so horrible that it is possible millions of women will be kicked out of their matrimonial homes if they choose to LOVE their children more, but unfortunately this problem was created by many of these same women choosing Culture/Society(which is really made up of the opinions of other people)first in their lives. So the solution is not going to come on a plattter of gold.

proudlyafrican:
Won`t the society frown at them,won`t they be called witches and wizards,won`t they be stigmatize by their immediate family and the society at large? How much are they prepared educationally,emotionally and financially to swim through the tide? I think they wish they can take such a great leap,but they are intimidated by our cultural and traditional belief of womanhood which as far as i am concerned is outdated and repugnant.

Society(like many other societies before it) will frown, and then will have no other choice but to eventually change/adapt. Many societies before this did exactly the same. Society is made up of your neighbors and their neighbors etc. Other people --- that is just what society is. Much of this has to do with personal choice . . people know how to make choices . .. go with what people say or go with loving my children no matter what. It is a personal choice individuals need to make. We know that if they don't start making those choices now, the Population in Nigeria is going to continue to explode and poverty will continue to rise, and many of the children will continue to suffer because their parents chose society over their wellbeing.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
^^ Kobo, I need to ask you this:

Would you in anyway, whatsoever feel pressurized to have a male child if all your kids are females?

Are you saying that as a man, you won't have that secret longing deep down inside of you to try for a heir? Someone to carry on your name /lineage?

Mind you, from the posts on this thread, many well educated parents fell into this trap - once the step foot on the Nigerian shores.

Be absolutely honest here pls...
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
Aro Okigbo:
ironically, many millionaires living in Lekki are seeking God to bless them with JUST one child.
Do we say that life isn't fair?

This has nothing to do with life but selfishness on the part of those who feel it is OK to drag souls into this world . . . more than they can care for. That is GREED and nothing more.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by free2ryhme: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

We have heard this story hundreds/thousands of times before now. I do have to ask why people are not addressing the obvious problems. The man living now does not mean he would not have left if she had not had the quads now. I mean honestly, women need to start re-focusing their minds a bit more.
She already had five kids living in the same cramped apartment. Why think of having another when she has yet to solve the problem of their living in that cramped apartment?

Now that you've finished shouting ... Can i ask you... Do you have a solution to this issue?
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Kobo, I need to ask you this:

Would you in anyway, whatsoever feel pressurized to have a male child if all your kids are females?

Are you saying that as a man, you won't have that secret longing deep down inside of you to try for a heir? Someone to carry on your name /lineage?

Mind you, from the posts on this thread, many well educated parents fell into this trap - once the step foot on the Nigerian shores.

Pressured by what? Society that I don't even agree with? Culture that has some people listed as sub-humans(children and women) while the others can do no wrong? What would pressure me into doing such? undecided undecided undecided What is this longing for an heir? This man is a welder . . probably eeks out a living and has a piece of land or two . . . what does he have left to pass on after having 9 kids(assuming he even takes good care of them after all this) to take care of?

Forget what Nigerian society and culture feeds some, not every man out there has a "secret longing" for an heir. Look around you and you will find that some of the most powerful men in the world, don't have male children and some of their daughters are already married but they are not loosing sleep over their lack of a male child in the house. But the majority poor in Nigeria, who really have nothing continue to buy into delusions that a male is necessary, what for?

Please stop saying it is a trap. There is no trap. . . there are only fickle-minded individuals who feel that their existence makes little sense if they do not please others(society).

A man decides he wants to get married. . . he marries a woman he claims to love but leaves her after a couple of years because she cannot bare him a child or a male child. Is that a man who ever loved his wife or a man who loved what society says more than anyone else? Is that woman not better off finding herself a man who loves her first?
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Kobo, I need to ask you this:

i am educated and i would love to have a male child - if my wife can't make one, i would adopt one in bangkok or timbuktu!!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Pressured by what? Society that I don't even agree with? Culture that has some people listed as sub-humans(children and women) while the others can do no wrong? What would pressure me into doing such? undecided undecided undecided What is this longing for an heir? This man is a welder . . probably eeks out a living and has a piece of land or two . . . what does he have left to pass on after having 9 kids(assuming he even takes good care of them after all this) to take care of?

Please stop saying it is a trap. There is no trap. . . there are only fickle-minded individuals who feel that their existence makes little sense if they do not please others(society).
A man decides he wants to get married. . . he marries a woman he claims to love but leaves her after a couple of years because she cannot bare him a child or a male child. Is that a man who ever loved his wife or a man who loved what society says more than anyone else? Is that woman not better off finding herself a man who loves her first?

You haven't answered the question.

Will you Kobo, long to have your own "heir" if all your kids so far are girls??

coogar:

i am educated and i would love to have a male child - if my wife can't make one, i would adopt one in bangkok or timbuktu!!

Coogar angry

Your opening statement contradicts with the bolded! You do know that, don't you??

That aside, why must you adopt a male child? You saying your girls aren't good enough?? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

You haven't answered the question.

Will you Kobo, long to have your own "heir" if all your kids so far are girls??
No
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
^^ Seriously??

So what would happen to you lineage and millions??
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Seriously??

So what would happen to you lineage and millions??
Donate it to the poor if I end up childless. . . you can't take it with you and once you are dead . . you are dead . . lineage or none, no longer matters to you so why concern yourself with such stupidities?

The world barely remembers 100's of millions of people who had sons, and died 50 years ago, so why are so many fascinated with lineage? Once you are dead . . you are dead. The only thing that will matter is not what you have or how many children you had or how many male children but what you did. Ask the Clintons, the Bushes, the Obamas . . . they all have female children but the world is more concerned about their works. . that is all that will matter.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:
Coogar angry

Your opening statement contradicts with the bolded! You do know that, don't you??

That aside, why must you adopt a male child? You saying your girls aren't good enough?? undecided lipsrsealed

where's the contradiction? because i said if my wife can't make one? you want to preach the old myth that it's the male that carries the x and y chromosomes so the male technically determines the sex of the child? that's bollocks....

the ovary chooses what fertilises it. the theory that the spermhead that wins the race to the ovary fertilises it is false. in actual fact, millions of spermheads get to the ovary at the same time and the ovaries assess what each has got and it carefully chooses what is compatible with it!

how's that for a tutorial, efe? grin
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by ayobase(m): 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2012
sucezTP: It is the lord's doing, and it's marvellous in our sights..

Let charity begins..stop criticizng them..

Atleast we have NL e-helpers!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Donate it to the poor if I end up childless. . . you can't take it with you and once you are dead . . you are dead . . lineage or none, no longer matters to you so why concern yourself with such stupidities?

True, and a really chivalrous act on your part. But not many (if all any) Nigerian men would see it that way.

Infact, come to think of it - despite all the condemnation heaped on the fleeing man, many men here have a bit of that welder deep down inside them.

Take Coogar for example... grin grin grin
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

hahahaha, such a virile man! i'd take it as a compliment!
as if welding job is not a honest profession.....look at you!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by ayobase(m): 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
From this thread so far, the ''aggressive minority'' is discernible!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

True, and a really chivalrous act on your part. But not many (if all any) Nigerian men would see it that way.

Infact, come to think of it - despite all the condemnation heaped on the fleeing man, many men here have a bit of that welder deep down inside them.

That is because they were not raised, even by their mothers to see the world that way. Many of them believe that what society/others around them say is what should be. If a child grows up in a home where society/culture is always put ahead of the needs of the individuals in the home, that child soaks that up and spits that back out. Do you blame them? Sure but we have a cycle that if not broken will only continue.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
coogar:

where's the contradiction? because i said if my wife can't make one? you want to preach the old myth that it's the male that carries the x and y chromosomes so the male technically determines the sex of the child? that's bollocks....

the ovary chooses what fertilises it. the theory that the spermhead that wins the race to the ovary fertilises it is false. in actual fact, millions of spermheads get to the ovary at the same time and the ovaries assess what each has got and it carefully chooses what is compatible with it!

how's that for a tutorial, efe? grin

Na useless tutorial be that! grin grin

And no, the contradiction is in the first 3 words of your opening statement and the bolded. Additionally, you now claiming that the proven biological process of fertilization is bollocks?

Those little swimmers (belonging to the man), determine the sex of the child, so don't even go there. tongue
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
coogar:

hahahaha, such a virile man! i'd take it as a compliment!
as if welding job is not a honest profession.....look at you!

Coogar, you need deliverance - fast! grin grin grin

ayobase: From this thread so far, the ''aggressive minority'' is discernible!

Meaning?? undecided

Kobojunkie:

That is because they were not raised, even by their mothers to see the world that way. Many of them believe that what society/others around them say is what should be. If a child grows up in a home where society/culture is always put ahead of the needs of the individuals in the home, that child soaks that up and spits that back out. Do you blame them? Sure but we have a cycle that if not broken will only continue.

Fair enough. I'll concede to that.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Na useless tutorial be that! grin grin
And no, the contradiction is in the first 3 words of your opening statement and the bolded. Additionally, you now claiming that the proven biological process of fertilization is bollocks?

super-bollocks!
the ovary is like a club bouncer....with many people outside the door trying to go in. the bouncer can only allow one of them in.....then the door opens stylishly for one to go in and then the door slams shut on the others.....it's not about who get there first - go n watch the millions of documentaries on youtube - the door opens for who the ovary chooses....

Those little swimmers (belonging to the man), determine the sex of the child, so don't even go there. tongue

no, they don't - the doorman determines the sex of the child!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2012
The same goes for the wives. If they are raised to believe that culture/society matter more, they will also continue to ENABLE the men in their lives, ignoring the best needs for their family and their children.

So, in essence, many of the women are raised to be ENABLERS in all of this.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
coogar:

super-bollocks!
the ovary is like a club bouncer....with many people outside the door trying to go in. the bouncer can only allow one of them in.....then the door opens stylishly for one to go in and then the door slams shut on the others.....it's not about who get there first - go n watch the millions of documentaries on youtube - the door opens for who the ovary chooses....

You believe everything you see on Youtube?

No. Prove your claim to me with hard facts substantiated with back-up statistical data obtained from reliable research sources.

coogar: no, they don't - the doorman determines the sex of the child!

And how d'you know the scales aren't tipped heavily in favour of one sex?

How d'you know that those tadpoles aren't in this instance mostly, or say 90% "X" chromosomes?

Man wey dey carry incomplete load go begin blame im wife say she nor fit produce "heir". Bunch of hypocrites!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kobojunkie: The same goes for the wives. If they are raised to believe that culture/society matter more, they will also continue to ENABLE the men in their lives, ignoring the best needs for their family and their children.

So, in essence, many of the women are raised to be ENABLERS in all of this.

No, the men are the DRIVERS of this madness. If the women don't comply, they'll be thrown out before you can say "Jack Robinson" and they'll be stigmatized by society. They'll be society's outcasts.

So it's more a case of, "If you can't beat them, join them."
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by coogar: 4:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:
You believe everything you see on Youtube?
No. Prove your claim to me with hard facts substantiated with back-up statistical data obtained from reliable research sources.

scientifically proven 3D pictures showing millions of swimmers heading towards the same finish line. hundreds of thousands get to the destination at the same time and the ovary picks one it wants! emphasis on "picks"!

And how d'you know the scales aren't tipped heavily in favour of one sex?
46 chromosomes - 23 apiece of x and y!

How d'you know that those tadpoles aren't in this instance mostly, or say 90% "X" chromosomes?

equal number, efe!!
you did biology na!

Man wey dey carry incomplete load go begin blame im wife say she nor fit produce "heir". Bunch of hypocrites!

if the load is incomplete then there wouldn't be any fertilisation - another evidence is the moment these men decide to try their luck elsewhere - gbam, a male child would surface!!! so how come is the load incomplete at home but it's complete with a concubine? answers on a postcard, please!!!!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by SisiKill1: 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
Before we can get anywhere with this debate of female/male children, we must first get rid of the idea that male children are "Heirs". . .I mean what does that make female children? "Spares"?

Even Royal Families with real titles and kingdoms to pass down aren't particular about Male "Heirs" not to talk of some Joe Somebody from Iyana somewhere in Nowhere Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by genboy: 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Fhemmmy: Waoh . . . This is serious!
this is serious. If this children grow up and make it, the father will come bak begging. But why on earth will u bring children into this world and u can not take care of them. I think parents should learn from this and start family planning.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by EfemenaXY: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Before we can get anywhere with this debate of female/male children, we must first get rid of the idea that male children are "Heirs". . .I mean what does that make female children? "Spares"?

Even Royal Families with real titles and kingdoms to pass down aren't particular about Male "Heirs" not to talk of some Joe Somebody from Iyana somewhere in Nowhere Nigeria.

Exactly! And that's precisely why I put the word heirs in quotes to denote sarcasm. You know, History has Queen Elizabeth I was one of the strongest / best rulers of Britain.

Re: The bolded... grin grin grin

@ Coogar, you single handedly want to re-write biology, abi? cheesy

Anyway sha, at the end of the day, the "he" or "she" delivered by a woman is a product of her spouse's handwork.

And if the useless welder wasn't guilty, why did he take off in the first place?
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Before we can get anywhere with this debate of female/male children, we must first get rid of the idea that male children are "Heirs". . .I mean what does that make female children? "Spares"?

ROFLMAO!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Finally Reunites With Sister After 25-years Apart / Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / I Caught My Wife Eating Tantalizer Food With Her Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.