Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,896 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees (32170 Views)

MIRACLE! After 12 Years Of Barrenness, Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets - Photos / Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / Driver's Wife Delivers Quadruplets In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by proudlyafrican(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2012
Excelboi: The title alone cracked me up! God forgive me

Honestly,i was just laughing and still laughing..No be small thing oooooo,after having five girls in a cramped room you are still making babies in the pretext of trying to have a male child. I stopped helping people who have more children than they can care for...Nonsensical, Nonsense.Please whoever that knows his where about should tell him to submit himself immediately to clear the bills.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2012
Yomieluv: Can someone explain the rationale between being poor,and having many children?despite most people who are poor,dont feed well,how come their s.per.m is able to fertilize egg,and rich that feeds well,always have low s.per.m count...the man ought to be arrested for causing population explosion#justjoking#.

Poor tend to have more sex because the only thing that makes them happy is sex. Perhaps, it's because they can't really afford the social lifestyle most affluent/stable people have.

However, you need to stop judging the number of kids people have. It's a choice thing and people should be allowed to make their choices in life, as long as they can man-up and take responsibilities for their actions.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2012
That dude needs his manhood castrated before he breeds a community! How can he run away and leave the poor woman alone? Oni awon okurin to buru gan! Oloriburuku ni bobo yen sha! undecided

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by ayobase(m): 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2012
seedord247: Since the govt were not to be blamed why does chinese govt authorized one child policy?

Thank u o my brother...my mind didnt even go there.
Besides, the man didnt run away cos he couldnt end what he can finish (I wanna believe he is capable of fending for 5 kids), but cos of the quadruplets (taking care of those alone no be samll thing)....what he didnt plan for....I dont know why people here are just being hyper-reacting over this....will u even have heard about a man with 5 children in the first place!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Pakavy(m): 11:22pm On Sep 02, 2012
eduson33: madam abeg,mix peper soup and beans,add okporoko and kpomo.spray some stew if posible.no time for dis kin talk
r u a toto tester?
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by folahann(m): 11:27pm On Sep 02, 2012
Why doThey always run?
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Tochiokoye(m): 11:30pm On Sep 02, 2012
Off topic...@Can someone please tell me н̲̣̣̣̥
o̶̲̥̅̊
w̶̲̥̅̊
to post a topic..¶ don't want to ask before but seriously this is getting me worked up....Somebody help..back to topic..it seems they have not heard of family planning breeding children like my a Duck michewwWww
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Bigflamie(m): 11:31pm On Sep 02, 2012
Where are the garri addicts?
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Chedarking: 11:31pm On Sep 02, 2012
You can be sure this woman would be VERY concerned about the price of Garri....
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Tochiokoye(m): 11:32pm On Sep 02, 2012
Off topic...@Can someone please tell me н̲̣̣̣̥
o̶̲̥̅̊
w̶̲̥̅̊
to post a topic..¶ don't want to ask before but seriously this is getting me worked up....Somebody help..back to topic..it seems they have not heard of family planning breeding children like a Duck michewwWww
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
Chedarking: You can be sure this woman would be VERY concerned about the price of Garri....

That is if they weren't already on two-meals-a-day plan before the arrival of these babies.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nuzo1(m): 11:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
shymexx:

Why should the entire society and government share the blame?

Thank you for the question.

The society should bear part of the blame because of stigmatization they have place on families with only female children. In other words, placing more importance on the male child over their female counterparts pushs women like this to breed more in order to avoid being stigmatized.

Its the government's duty to enlighten and provide the necessary infomation to her citizenry. This goes a long way to saving the tax payers' money that will be used to manage situations like this. In some cases, such situation become worst, hence cost a lot of government money.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Revolva(m): 11:36pm On Sep 02, 2012
;DHahaha the man run --- haha immediately I saw the front heading I burst into laff nearly threw my blackberry ---hahah the man will be thinking which kind devil be dis woman now ..african mentality haha haha may be him go don jump from 3rd mainland bridge for lagos
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by omenziate(m): 11:38pm On Sep 02, 2012
But how come dis kind of news is always common wit d "not so affluent" or impoverished pple? And all d men seem to have mastered the fleeing part.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Aigonline(m): 11:39pm On Sep 02, 2012
grin grin grin

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Okijajuju1(m): 11:40pm On Sep 02, 2012
Change the threads name to;
Yoruba Man Abandons wife and 9 Children over the cost of Garri...

Finally, A thread that somehow relates to the price of Garri..

#TeamSubsidizeGarri

Motto: Make garri, not Bombs

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 02, 2012
coogar:

that is if the man hasn't left her already the moment she misses her period....
This man was her husband not some stupid bf. Unfortunately the main problem is the type of men these women go for. Real men would not abandon their wifes or kids during tough times only the cowards. Woman should stop settling with imbeciles just for the sake of getting married. Monitor them and see how they are before they get married. He probably showed signs of a selfish man who does nt like responsibilities. When women finally realise that then things will get a bit better. Also unfortunately not every one has the finance to education so the government should try perhaps to organise programes to enlighten sucg individuals.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 02, 2012
Nuzo':

Thank you for the question.
The society should bear part of the blame because of stigmatization they have place on families with only female children. In other words, placing more importance on the male child over their female counterparts pushs women like this to breed more in order to avoid being stigmatized.

I don't think the 'stigmatization' is a societal thing - I think it's more of a cultural thing. It happens in most cultures, where only male kids are allowed to carry on with the family name/tradition, or are more valued. No one wants their family name to die, and in as much as people put importance to the LAST NAME - the culture isn't going anywhere soon.

Its the government's duty to enlighten and provide the necessary infomation to her citizenry. This goes a long way to saving the tax payers' money that will be used to manage situations like this. In some cases, such situation become worst, hence cost a lot of government money.

The government can't enlighten people, if they can't give the people they govern their dividends of democracy. Most people who tend to have many kids are poor and as long as there's poverty in Nigeria, this vicious cycle is going to continue. Sex is the poor man's only get-away from the stress in life and you can't expect him to give that up as well, do you?

The situation isn't costing tax payers(if at all anyone pays tax in Nigeria) money in Nigeria. The last time I checked, there's no social welfare in Nigeria.

The only solution to this problem is to get people out of poverty but people shouldn't be dictated to on the number of kids they should have - as long as they can look after them.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:50pm On Sep 02, 2012
Miss_3v3: This man was her husband not some stupid bf. Unfortunately the main problem is the type of men these women go for. Real men would not abandon their wifes or kids during tough times only the cowards. Woman should stop settling with imbeciles just for the sake of getting married. Monitor them and see how they are before they get married. He probably showed signs of a selfish man who does nt like responsibilities. When women finally realise that then things will get a bit better. Also unfortunately not every one has the finance to education so the government should try perhaps to organise programes to enlighten sucg individuals.

You are speaking like its their first child, keep in mind that they have already had 5 children before this. So it must have been a long time that she was married to the "imbe.cile". Im not trying to take the womans side, and im definately not trying to take the side of the man either, but im sure the price of condoms is not that expensive.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Okijajuju1(m): 11:52pm On Sep 02, 2012
Miss_3v3: This man was her husband not some stupid bf. Unfortunately the main problem is the type of men these women go for. Real men would not abandon their wifes or kids during tough times only the cowards. Woman should stop settling with imbeciles just for the sake of getting married. Monitor them and see how they are before they get married. He probably showed signs of a selfish man who does nt like responsibilities. When women finally realise that then things will get a bit better. Also unfortunately not every one has the finance to education so the government should try perhaps to organise programes to enlighten sucg individuals.
angry

Wow!!

Such intelligent nonsense.. Like wow!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 02, 2012
ayobase:

Is it a crime if someone planned for 5kids, but being suddenly 8..what did u expect....abi na the man programme the 4 kids for there?
And about the issue of people giving birth like ducks....thats illiteracy and with some factors involved.
Havent u heard about Islamizing by child bearing and reaering?
Government indeed has a role to play Ileke!

What is a poor man doing planning 5 kids?
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by cowgurl: 11:53pm On Sep 02, 2012
My God! The thought of these beautiful kids growing up to engage in all manner of activities just to stay alive scares the living hell outta me!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nuzo1(m): 11:54pm On Sep 02, 2012

Will you be supprised if you found out that the woman may have encouraged the hubby to take off so the government or some charity organisation could foot the bill?
Most women would, knowing the little savings she might haved with the hubby wouldn't take care of their feeding for an hour, not to talk of paying for hospital bills.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On Sep 02, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

You are speaking like its their first child, keep in mind that they have already had 5 children before this. So it must have been a long time that she was married to the "imbe.cile". Im not trying to take the womans side, and im definately not trying to take the side of the man too but im sure the price of condoms is not that expensive.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by maigaskiya1: 11:55pm On Sep 02, 2012
maclatunji: Drama in Ibadan: Woman gives birth to quadruplets after five children, husband absconds

"Children are the heritage of God and blessed is the man that his quiver is full of them,” says the Holy book, but not in the situation of 35-year-old Iyabo Oladunni, a mother of five girls who was blessed with a set of quadruplets at 5:14pm on Friday 24, 2012 at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan .

Iyabo, who live in Ijaye Orile near Ibadan, Oyo State, with her husband, Olayemi Oladunni, is a tailor by profession, while her husband is a welder.

The mother of five girls before the birth of the quadruplets said that her aim and hope of having another baby after the five girls was to have a boy. But to her amazement, God gave her more than she requested and expected.

Moreover, Iyabo Oladunni said that the eldest of the first five girls, who is now 12 years old, lives with her father’s younger brother at Lagos. The second girl, 8-year-old, is presently in Nursery 3 in a school in Ijaye; the third born, a set of twins, are in Nursery 1 and the fifth girl, aged three years has not started schooling.

When asked how she feels about the birth of the babies, Iyabo said “I have mixed feelings about their deliveries. I’m partly happy and partly sad. I’m happy because I have a male which is my desire among the four children, and sad because I don’t have the wherewithal to take care of them in a rented room where we live.”

According to Iyabo, although the couple were both desirous to have a male child, it was amazing that her husband and the father of the quadruplets, Olayemi, took to his heels immediately he had an inkling a day to his wife’s delivery.

Recounting her husband's reaction when he heard she was carrying four babies in her womb, Iyabo said “after a scan was carried out in the month of March this year, and it showed there were four babies in my womb, I was afraid and started crying.

'"But the doctor who did the ultrasound test encouraged me to pray to God for assistance instead of weeping. The man also told me that God, who put them there, will definitely take care of them. When I got home after the scan, I told my husband about it and he kept asking me 'where do I take the four babies to?'"

She, however, pleaded with her husband wherever he is that he should return home so that they can jointly take care of the babies, even as she called on the Oyo State governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, to come to the aid of the babies in whatever ways he deems fit. She also appealed to Nigerians generally to come to her rescue.

According to the pastor of the Oladunnis, Evangelist Olawumi Abiola of Emmanuel Anglican Church, Ijaye Orile, Akinyele Local Government, Ibadan, “Mrs. Iyabo Oladunni started complaining of stomach pain for a very long time and had used some medications. When she told me that the pain persisted, I persuaded her to undergo a medical test in order to get to the root of the stomach pain.

After the test, she discovered that it was pregnancy and I told her that she should go and register in a hospital outside Ijaye. She obeyed and came to register at Adeoyo State Hospital. I can’t afford to lose her as I lost another member of the church about two years ago.”

Evangelist Abiola also spoke about the committment of the Oladunnis, especially the wife owing to the fact that women are generally committed to the work of God. He also expressed his gratitude to God for keeping the four babies and their mothers alive. "I implore Nigerians to come to our aid, most especially considering the future of these children. The responsibility cannot be carried by an individual more so that the parents live in a village; there is no money in the village.”

Also speaking, the mother-in-law, Madam Moyiola Oladunni, said, “I’m very happy for this miraculous work of God. When God gives me this blessing, I can’t question him, but my major concern is how to take care of these blessings because it’s not a one-man responsibility.”

http://www.olufamous.com/2012/09/husband-absconds-after-wife-delivers.html#more
rhino wer is ur uncle ruing 2
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by omidan21: 11:55pm On Sep 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

We have heard this story hundreds/thousands of times before now. I do have to ask why people are not addressing the obvious problems. The man living now does not mean he would not have left if she had not had the quads now. I mean honestly, women need to start re-focusing their minds a bit more.
She already had five kids living in the same cramped apartment. Why think of having another when she has yet to solve the problem of their living in that cramped apartment?

Thank u ma brother.in my own opinion the woman had overdone it en she wasn't xpecting dese to be the outcome.I think in he unquantifiable search of wanting to ve a male child she has used some pills or herbal drugs en d likes en d effects of dese things sometimes u just imagine.now they are looking for pple to hlp dem solve d problem in which dey caused woith deir own hands.me I pray almighty Allah in his immeasuarable efforts takes care of d babies tilldey grow old
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by omidan21: 11:55pm On Sep 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

We have heard this story hundreds/thousands of times before now. I do have to ask why people are not addressing the obvious problems. The man living now does not mean he would not have left if she had not had the quads now. I mean honestly, women need to start re-focusing their minds a bit more.
She already had five kids living in the same cramped apartment. Why think of having another when she has yet to solve the problem of their living in that cramped apartment?

Thank u ma brother.in my own opinion the woman had overdone it en she wasn't xpecting dese to be the outcome.I think in her unquantifiable search of wanting to ve a male child she has used some pills or herbal drugs en d likes en d effects of dese things sometimes u just imagine.now they are looking for pple to hlp dem solve d problem in which dey caused woith deir own hands.me I pray almighty Allah in his immeasuarable efforts takes care of d babies tilldey grow old
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 02, 2012

The same government that's got its priority wrong, huh? Nigeria has no government, just a bunch of inbred looters, who are just there to loot.

However, I agree with you that the man is a coward. I know a woman that raised 6kids by herself, and they're all successful. The type of men you guys breed in Nigeria are messed up. I'm not surprised, though - with the skinny jeans they wear, and the mohican I see on their heads.. Bwahahahahahaha
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 03, 2012
mai gaskiya: rhino wer is ur uncle ruing 2
so because you wanna start a fight that's why you quoted the whole topic? Seems you don't know some of us use our phones to surf the net! I can't be stressing my eyes and fingers trying to scroll quoted topics. Bros abeg respect yourself!
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by dasparrow: 12:05am On Sep 03, 2012
shymexx:

I don't think the 'stigmatization' is a societal thing - I think it's more of a cultural thing. It happens in most cultures, where only male kids are allowed to carry on with the family name/tradition, or are more valued. No one wants their family name to die, and in as much as people put importance to the LAST NAME - the culture isn't going anywhere soon.

The government can't enlighten people, if they can't give the people they govern their dividends of democracy. Most people who tend to have many kids are poor and as long as there's poverty in Nigeria, this vicious cycle is going to continue. Sex is the poor man's only get-away from the stress in life and you can't expect him to give that up as well, do you?

The situation isn't costing tax payers(if at all anyone pays tax in Nigeria) money in Nigeria. The last time I checked, there's no social welfare in Nigeria.

The only solution to this problem is to get people out of poverty but people shouldn't be dictated to on the number of kids they should have - as long as they can look after them

@bolded

I understand what you are saying but the problem is that most poor people cannot afford to take care of these kids. This is why they send their children at a very young age to become some family's housemaid/housekeeper in the city. They also send their children to extended family members where they are treated like slaves in the home. I saw alot of that whilst growing up in Nigeria. These kids have no life, they are the first to wake up and the last to go to bed each night. I think it is wicked to bring children into the world that one cannot adequately take care of or provide for. I have no respect for such kind of parents. In addition, it is not only poor people who are guilty of this. I have seen even college educated Nigerians/Africans who kept popping out babies all in their bid to birth a son. When the son is born, they spoil him rotten and he grows up to become a nuisance to his family, his country and the world at large.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Goldenskin: 12:10am On Sep 03, 2012
And to think the 8 year old child is still in nursery school(meaning she started school at the age of 5). That implies she will complete her primary school education at the age of 14 when we already have 14 year old undergraduates in universities. I wonder what age this set will begin school, maybe age 7. So sad.
Re: Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 03, 2012
No mam, u couldnt put ur coochie in one place, and now u want sum1 to take care of ur kids. take her to sum motherless home. okay?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? / Rescued 'Witch Child' Hope Dances Happily In New Video / I Caught My Wife Eating Tantalizer Food With Her Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.