Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East (26870 Views)

Elders Bowing for 17-Year-Old Delta-King Chukwuka-Akaeze I / Five Things We Must Stop Doing As Nigerians / Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by somalia3: 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
plz dont call me a brother, am somali. am no brother with someone with ur history or ur looks.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
ezeagu:

Kind of hypocritical since you're an extreme traditionalist and (Igbo) Nigerian women once dressed like this:

Thanks babes.

I love it when ppl can keep it real.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by somalia3: 11:37pm On Sep 11, 2012
wow monkeys in costumes is all i see
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by ezotik: 4:53am On Sep 12, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

[size=32pt]GBAM![/size]

i am a Maguzawa Hausa to the extent that i admit i am fanatic about it. but has that stopped me from living and working in the u.k. in a work-place

shocked u of all people also live abroad? im shocked!! and not even a country like the US but pure european society? so how are u going to avoid westernization when u do not even live amongst ur kind but live with whites? it is like me living in a hausa heartland and whining about hausanization.

and btw, so who is going to teach ur maguzawa hausa back home on how to avoid westernization when u with the knowledge is not living amongst them but living comfortably amongst oyibos? oh, i get it, the knowledge will fall to them from heaven..or when they come live and work with u in the uk.

the hypocrisy of ur comment is actually funny.... and i bet u are probably sipping tea while typing on nairaland coz i doubt if u dey see kunu buy there grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by ezotik: 5:15am On Sep 12, 2012

^^

judging from this map, it seems u abokis in the north have a lot more work to do. ur culture and civilization is no longer considered african but islamic and we all know islamic = arabization. and u are now in the same category with somalia.

so who knows, very soon we will have a confused negroid from the north like the somali troll screaming how he hates 'africans'. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 7:35am On Sep 12, 2012
ezotik:

^^

judging from this map, it seems u abokis in the north have a lot more work to do. ur culture and civilization is no longer considered african but islamic and we all know islamic = arabization. and u are now in the same category with somalia.

so who knows, very soon we will have a confused negroid from the north like the somali troll screaming how he hates 'africans'. grin

We so-called Abokis actually have less work to do. Our music actually still uses traditional African instruments, a lot of you "non-Abokis" use keyboards and Western instruments to play your music.

Our music is also pentatonic so it goes along the lines of traditional African music. Also that map is a fluke, There are different kinds of "African cultures". Also not all of Russia is Orthodox, just like not all of India is Hindu, there are more Muslims in India for example than the rest of the middle east.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by somalia4: 8:54am On Sep 12, 2012
somalis have been muslims longer than arabs in egypt, syria, iraq, iran, pakistan, india, malaysia. the first hijra was to present day zeila in somalia.

so we are not confused. we have been muslims since the religion was revealed more than 1400 years ago.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by ezotik: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2012
lol..fulaman, u again? who loves to talk but to hates to explain? pls stop quoting my comment and direct ur response to the scholars who drew the map and considers ur culture an arabized one.

btw, it was dumb of u to post a video of someone rapping and u called it ur culture...even though u claim to despise AA culture? but i bet that fulani rapper was influnced by tupac and waka flocka... haha

in fact, u abokis in the north are the most confused...coz are both arabized and westernized coz i bet outside writing queens english, u can also write perfect arabic..and very soon u will be writing ebonics...dumbass

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 9:13am On Sep 12, 2012
ezotik: lol..fulaman, u again? who loves to talk to hates to explain? pls stop quoting my comment and direct ur response to the scholars who drew the map and considers ur culture an arabized one.

btw, it was dumb of u to post a video of someone rapping and u called it ur culture...even though u claim to despise AA culture? but i bet that fulani rapper was influnced by tupac and waka flocka... haha

in fact, u abokis in the north are the most confused...coz are both arabized and westernized coz i bet outside writing queens english, u can also write perfect arabic..and very soon u will be writing ebonics...dumbass

I bet English is the only language you speak/write, and you are quite incompetent at it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by ezotik: 9:30am On Sep 12, 2012
^
another one of ur dumb responses. but isn't that supposed to be a good thing? at least it shows im resisting westernization unlike u has conformed by speaking queens english... so yeah, i will take it as a compliment that my english bad.

however, my edo is fluent and my pidgin is konk
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2012
ezotik: ^
another one of ur dumb responses. but isn't supposed to be a good thing? it shows im resisting westernization unlike u has conformed by speaking queens english... so yeah, i will take it as a complement that my english bad.

however, my edo is fluent and my pidgin is konk

According to PhysicsQED there is no such thing as Edo language so u lie man.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by ezotik: 9:35am On Sep 12, 2012
lol
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2012
ezotik: lol

It's true man lol, there is esan, Benin language that Uwaifo sang in, and so many others like the one in Auchi
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
ezotik:

shocked u of all people also live abroad? im shocked!! and not even a country like the US but pure european society? so how are u going to avoid westernization when u do not even live amongst ur kind but live with whites? it is like me living in a hausa heartland and whining about hausanization.

and btw, so who is going to teach ur maguzawa hausa back home on how to avoid westernization when u with the knowledge is not living amongst them but living comfortably amongst oyibos? oh, i get it, the knowledge will fall to them from heaven..or when they come live and work with u in the uk.

the hypocrisy of ur comment is actually funny.... and i bet u are probably sipping tea while typing on nairaland coz i doubt if u dey see kunu buy there grin grin

wtf??!!! i am in the uk for the sole of the high salary, which i hardly use for myself. most of them money goes back to my famiy and other community work among my tribe and to fund my religio-tribal projects among tribals around the world. i have a huge amount f self-control. i am not lap-dog. does being in the west mean i become like them. do Asian peoples, arabs etc., go to the west and change themslves. instead i have seen Hindus , Sikhs and CHinese even building their religious temples here in the u.k. i recently visited one of the largest Hindu temples inthe wold, just to see it. i even have my Nigeria accent for that matter.
i visit Nigeria now and then and my native place. Many Maguzawa are very aware of what is going on. dont think that we are just sitting like fools and getting subdued. one of my brothers has even written many articles online against islam and christanity and has received much criticism. (i have to find the link).

aso i am trying my best to encourage many Nigerians to emigrate to europan countries just as Indians and Chinese do. so that we can earn as much money as possible and send back to our country and take over their economy (which s a dream, but that doesnt ean it wont be true). We need to get as much benifit from them as possible to sustaiin the countless previous losses.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by ezotik: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
excuses upon excuses. and lol @ saying u still have ur nigerian accent. that was funny. grin grin

my thing is, if u are going to whine about westernization, u should be able to do ur thing amongst ur people not living in the comfort of a western society and then whining about it. why cant u build ur wealth at home? or is because u lack the know-how and have to rely on oyibo to employ u? and put u to 'good' use?

and oh, dem asians are becoming westernized also. http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/19/korea.beauty/index.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ezotic i take my hat off to you.

Any beef or exchange we have ever had is now void lol.

Big ups to you for keeping it real and exposing their hypocrisy better than i could have.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
ezotik: excuses upon excuses. and lol @ saying u still have ur nigerian accent. that was funny. grin grin

my thing is, if u are going to whine about westernization, u should be able to do ur thing amongst ur people not living in the comfort of a western society and then whining about it. why cant u build ur wealth at home? or is because u lack the know-how and have to rely on oyibo to employ u? and put u to 'good' use?

and oh, dem asians are becoming westernized also. http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/19/korea.beauty/index.html

Looooool.

Fula and pagan....SLAYED.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
ezotik: lol.[size=13pt].fulaman, u again? who loves to talk but to hates to explain[/size]? pls stop quoting my comment and direct ur response to the scholars who drew the map and considers ur culture an arabized one.

btw[size=13pt], it was dumb of u to post a video of someone rapping and u called it ur culture...even though u claim to despise AA culture? but i bet that fulani rapper was influnced by tupac and waka flocka... haha[/size]

in fact, u abokis in the north are the most confused...coz are both arabized and westernized coz [size=13pt]i bet outside writing queens english, u can also write perfect arabic[/size]..and very soon u will be writing ebonics...dumbass

Slayed? No this is a slaughter! grin
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
Fulaman198:

We so-called Abokis actually have less work to do. Our music actually still uses traditional African instruments, a lot of you "non-Abokis" use keyboards and Western instruments to play your music.

Our music is also pentatonic so it goes along the lines of traditional African music. Also that map is a fluke, There are different kinds of "African cultures". Also not all of Russia is Orthodox, just like not all of India is Hindu, there are more Muslims in India for example than the rest of the middle east.

Of course there is that African element within fulani culture however it is a fact you have been "arabized"...in fact i am positive that even though you speak fulani and have authentic instruments, your culture is still significantly different than it was prior to arab invasion. Only a few fulani clans still continue to live the nomadic lifestyle of their ancestors such as the wodaabe. You said it yourself so dont lie.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by PhysicsQED(m): 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
Fulaman198:

According to PhysicsQED there is no such thing as Edo language so u lie man.

Where did I say this? Please post the statement from me that you're referring to because I think you may have misread something I wrote.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by PhysicsQED(m): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
Fulaman198:

It's true man lol, there is esan, Benin language that Uwaifo sang in, and so many others like the one in Auchi

"Benin language" = Edo language

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by PhysicsQED(m): 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
ezotik: http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/19/korea.beauty/index.html

Wow. That story is pretty awful. I knew this stuff was going on with Asians, but I didn't know the problem was that serious.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by ezotik: 5:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Wow. That story is pretty awful. I knew this stuff was going on with Asians, but I didn't know the problem was that serious.

the truth is that asians are just as westernized as africans and even worse. but i guess because they have a better economy can create their own wealth unlike us who have to rely on oyibo to do it for us...eg Pagan 9ja, people tend to look over them.

and the irony is wider eyes that asians think is more beautiful also comes natural to blacks/or africans but some dumb negroid would take it as a compliment when people tell em they have asian eyes. and if u watch the video @ 2:10 the clinic is called eboneye.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by ezotik: 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Any beef or exchange we have ever had is now void lol.

lol..i dont do internet beefs. but it ok to know 'ezotik' is no longer in ur e-blackbook.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by JallowBah(f): 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
ezotik:

You and miss thang up here have already killed this, but, I have to add: good luck. I have tried to tell this fool the same thing for a long time. Not working.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
PhysicsQED:

"Benin language" = Edo language

Ok am sorry, I stand corrected then. I thought I read somewhere from you that there are many Edo languages and not one in particular.
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Of course there is that African element within fulani culture however it is a fact you have been "arabized"...in fact i am positive that even though you speak fulani and have authentic instruments, your culture is still significantly different than it was prior to arab invasion. Only a few fulani clans still continue to live the nomadic lifestyle of their ancestors such as the wodaabe. You said it yourself so dont lie.

Arabs and Fulani dress way different, their music is way different, their culture is way different. The only thing in common is religion. Our languages are way different. Now if you were to say that Wolof and Serer are close to Fulani culture or Tuareg culture has similarities to Fulani culture then I would agree.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Fulaman198(m): 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
Also I never said I despise AA culture, I said I don't like RnB. I said I am against Westernization. Also since you lack reading comprehension ms.darkskin and ezotik I listed on several occasions that not only African cultures Westernized, also Asian and South Americans have as well.

I said it is not ok for Africans to be Westernized. Even if you guys want us to be, I will fight it from happening. Nomads are already abused enough as is for trying to retain their culture.

If I was ever to become a leader in Naija, I will express the importance of teaching traditional cultures in school. Enough western boot-licking

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by PhysicsQED(m): 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
Fulaman198:

Ok am sorry, I stand corrected then. I thought I read somewhere from you that there are many Edo languages and not one in particular.

There are many "Edoid" languages (languages similar to Edo), but I wouldn't have said something about there not being an Edo language. Anyway, it's an understandable mistake so no big deal.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by MrsChima1(f): 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
Just because some modern day Africans dress and play music different from Arabs doesn't reduce the fact that Africa was invaded by the Arabs hence the evolution of North/East Africa.

Understand the power of evolution and adaptation. Ancient Africans weren't practicing Christianity nor Islam before the Oyinbo/Arab invasion.

Think about it. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
ezotik:

^^

LMAO!!!!
Re: Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
Fulaman198: Also I never said I despise AA culture, I said I don't like RnB. I said I am against Westernization. Also since you lack reading comprehension ms.darkskin and ezotik I listed on several occasions that not only African cultures Westernized, also Asian and South Americans have as well.

I said it is not ok for Africans to be Westernized. Even if you guys want us to be, I will fight it from happening. Nomads are already abused enough as is for trying to retain their culture.

If I was ever to become a leader in Naija, I will express the importance of teaching traditional cultures in school. Enough western boot-licking

Western civilization has contributed much to this world.. Both blacks and whites of the western world. So be grateful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olubadan Of Ibadanland Lands In London In Style. Photos / Olubadan's Wife, Kudirat Aduke Is Dead / Turbaning Ceremony Of Hon Chibuike R Amaechi In Duara Kastina (Video & Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.