Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,423 members, 7,843,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). (21296 Views)

An Apology Letter From Men To Women / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men / What Do Women Really Want From Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Thank you brother. I am glad somebody with a dick said it cos I have been told I am a feminist for saying THE EXACT SAME THING.
Smh.

Mrs C
the whole problem here is these same men, that will beat their chest and say that having multiple wives is ok, will then turn around and frown on the idea of that same wife having multiple husband. a bunch of hypocrites them lot!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by sconsults: 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
[size=15pt]polygamy is good
Polygamy is our culture
Polygamy is the best
What is life without polygamy
I will never marry one wife
The white man do not have stamina so he calls monogamy a good thing
I am an african and i have stamina
I can handle multiple women
God allowed it in the old testament and God never change
Paul hate women and he did not marry so he condems marriage,polygamy,women speaking in church etc
If women now speaks in church,why cant men be polygamous.
Why be hungry in midst of abundance
Only weak men remains monogamous
Strong men like me,obasanjo,ojukwu,fela,abiola,david,solomon,ahmadu bello will never be monogamous
I love all my wives,gbemi has fat ass,ngozi have big chest,fatima is fair,erica is black,osanbo is 50 yrs,mary is 17 yrs
I love them all and each is unique
I am a king in my own house and everybody lives to satisfy me cool
[/size]

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
The same men care less what goes on under his roof when he leaves to bleep his potential "third wife".

You have wives envying and hating each other. Doing harm to their "co-wife"s children to better the lives of their own children.

Shame on you women who have no qualms destabilizing another woman's marriage. Shame on you men who can't control your sexual urges and shame on your for cowardly hiding behind religion.

No wonder Nigeria has bred a culture of unnecessary self-defense and envy for another.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima1(f): 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
See that is why I suggest people do not bring religion to prove their point. Every religions have agreed there is ONE GOD...now...in the Christian belief...God is against polygamy, the very same God Muslims worships...now in the Koran...it is supported to have multiple wives as long as the husband can support her fully as his other wives.

In the Judiasm......polygamy is also forbidden...and they worship the same God Christians and Muslims worship....

Now if every religion is "the correct one" that means there are more than one God. You can't have a God that supports polygamy and against polygamy.

But here is the kicker....even in the Koran...adultery and fornication is forbidden. grin grin grin grin It is also forbidden in the Bible and Torah.

Now I understand why Atheism is on the rise! [size=33pt]YOU PEOPLE do not even follow YOUR OWN BOOK! [/size] grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima1(f): 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

Mrs C
the whole problem here is these same men, that will beat their chest and say that having multiple wives is ok, will then turn around and frown on the idea of that same wife having multiple husband. a bunch of hypocrites them lot!

I see. Glad they didn't suckered you to the other side. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by omenziate(m): 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2012
Ayoobscom: Mr one wife!

He's no polygamy
But sleeps with 15 other young ladies cheating on his wife
He's no polygamy
But rapes his own daughter into second untold wife
He's no polygamy
But already gave birth to 6 daughters and just one boy
He's no polygamy
So he'd rather murder the one at home to marry a fresh blood
He's no polygamy
But have innumerable concubines\children outside wedlock

Young man, hw does polygamy solve all ur listed hypothetical issues u raised here. Polygamy to me is just pure greed, being insatiable and very libidinous.
My grand dad (God bless his soul) would say, 1 wife is a wife, 2 wives is half wife and 3 wives is no wife at all.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Ayoobscom(m): 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
@Omenziate he was confused! based on your analysis of which don't even believe any grown up person would've said
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by sigmundfreud(m): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
NOTHING!
As long as u can handle it..
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by sigmundfreud(m): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
See that is why I suggest people do not bring religion to prove their point. Every religions have agreed there is ONE GOD...now...in the Christian belief...God is against polygamy, the very same God Muslims worships...now in the Koran...it is supported to have multiple wives as long as the husband can support her fully as his other wives.

In the Judiasm......polygamy is also forbidden...and they worship the same God Christians and Muslims worship....

Now if every religion is "the correct one" that means there are more than one God. You can't have a God that supports polygamy and against polygamy.

But here is the kicker....even in the Koran...adultery and fornication is forbidden. grin grin grin grin It is also forbidden in the Bible and Torah.

Now I understand why Atheism is on the rise! [size=33pt]YOU PEOPLE do not even follow YOUR OWN BOOK! [/size] grin grin
And where was it explicitly stated in the Bible that 'God was against polygamy'?
Polygamy is not the same as fornication or adultery.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by sigmundfreud(m): 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2012
sconsults: [size=15pt]polygamy is good
Polygamy is our culture
Polygamy is the best
Paul hate women and he did not marry so he condems marriage,polygamy,women speaking in church etc
Strong men like me,obasanjo,ojukwu,fela,abiola,david,solomon,ahmadu bello will never be monogamous
I love all my wives,gbemi has fat ass,ngozi have big chest,fatima is fair,erica is black,osanbo is 50 yrs,mary is 17 yrs
[/size]
ALAWADA!
Wch stamina? Your stamina breeds poverty and a host of other social ills!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
Polygamy is old fashioned now..why would a sane man want that?most skirt chaser can't afford a polygamous family...it can't be explained except you experience it...hatred,competition,jealousy are the order of the day...its better to keep a mistress outside the matrimonial home,than to be a polygamous man..

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Klin1(m): 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2012
Can a man honestly keep 2 his one wife alone? What if 'God 4bid' a young woman wit 1 or 2 kids lost her husband. Wil any barchelor b ready 2 take her home as a fiancy? Conditions atimes may allow 4 polygamy. No marriage is ever perfect, d core thing is edurance. Do according 2 ur capacity. No religion forces it but religion permit it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by SPIFF(m): 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
If you have one wife, a chicken feather in the sitting room is just ordinary feathers but when wives are many no one will ever believe it's ordinary feather anymore which could be jjust ordinary....you know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by F00028: 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
Come to think of it...how come it is okay for women to accept the fact that their husbands can have multiple wives under a religious belief but it is not okay for a wife to have multiples husbands....and if you are going to use the excuse that it is easier for a man to marry multiple wives because of A, B, C, and D.....

Would husbands TOTALLY accept their wives sleeping with other men? So why do you think you are any different and that your wife will TOTALLY accept you sleeping with other women

one woman multiple husbands? hmmm...
how they gonna be sure who fathered which child?
what happens to the guy whose "turn" it is when the woman starts her period?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Lantean(m): 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
It's very unAfrican of Nigerians to condemn polygamy. Indians don't give a care what the worldthinks.
The main reason it's unpopular is that it's associated with Islam. Well.... being the religion that advocates it.......
However, People need to acknowlegde and accept the fact that man is polygamous by nature. It's a universal fact that polygamy is as old as man!
Besides India, most men fantasize being with multiple women, or marrying them.
-And i've a gut feeling Indian men inclusive!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
sexyverah: everytin is wrong wit it, cos d bible said one man one wife... or bible dey lie?
Chapter and verse please.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by F00028: 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

what you wrote would only make sense if these same women were equally allowed to have as many husbands as they wish.

how would that work?
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Lantean(m): 7:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
And i don't think 3he rich India practice Polyandry. 'strongly believe it's the poor!
They woulda loved to mary one and keep many outside wedlock
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by tintingz(m): 7:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
COOLDUN: Polygamy if you can look at it from the beginning, you would see how destructive it has been. The problem we have in this modern world is polygamy; Abraham upon how he was very close and loved by God, couldn’t handle two wives peacefully ,the two women that gave birth to his two sons, Ishmael and Isaac is the beginning of the problem we are witnessing today in this world. Look at Jacob, David, Solomon, Gideon to mention but a few. These great men tried all they could to maintain peace but still it didn’t work out well. No woman is ready and happy to share his man with another woman. Any woman that saw a man who has a wife and children but still went ahead to marry that man is a rebel and a witch. She is going there to destroy the marriage, the second wives know this very well and that is why they are ever battle ready for the first wives. Polygamy brings sadness and sorrows to the family. The second wives always like to destroy the children of the first wives in order to claim that her coming in to the family is justified. I have not seen a peaceful polygamous family, they might be pretending that all is well but all is not well. So my fellow men let us take one wife and make a happy and enjoyable home. Though marriage is not a bed of roses, but the more wives you have, the more problems you will have too.
Issac married ONE WIFE and yet it is the worst marriage ever...issac got blind ontop one wife, blessed one son and not blessing the other son planned by his one wife...so what are you saying Mr.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Moukafoam(f): 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
Everything is wrong with it ♍♈ dear wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by dasparrow: 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
The same men care less what goes on under his roof when he leaves to bleep his potential "third wife".

You have wives envying and hating each other. Doing harm to their "co-wife"s children to better the lives of their own children.

Shame on you women who have no qualms destabilizing another woman's marriage. Shame on you men who can't control your sexual urges and shame on your for cowardly hiding behind religion.

No wonder Nigeria has bred a culture of unnecessary self-defense and envy for another.

Well said. I think that polygamy negatively affects the children the most. My late dad was polygamous. What he did was marry here and there, make babies and then leave his wives to take care of their respective children financially and otherwise. Tell me, is that not wickedness? I can't call that a marraige where a woman does not get to enjoy her husband because he is spending time with the other wife.

My mom is the first wife. Today, the children of the other women (my step siblings) are contacting us and want a sibling relationship with us. I hate polygamy with a passion and any man who loves his wife and children will never put his family through such. Polygamy is one of the reasons why there is so much hatred and envy in alot of Nigerian families today.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by sylve11: 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2012
Manbush: Some parts of Delta state practice poliandry

Mugu, which part of Delta state? cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by mu2sa2: 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2012
What's wrong with polygamy? Well, hypocrites will always condemn this veritable institution which has being in the service of mankind since time immemorial. You hypocrites fire salvos at polygamy, but apart from your wife u keep girlfriends/women friends/concubines with whom u hav fornication/adultery.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
where was it written and forbidden for jews not to take polygamy. . .Jehovah was silent on Marriage no where in the books forbid polygamy.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by misreal(m): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2012
Mynd_44: 1 woman= 1 blessing + 1 curse
2women= 1 blessing + 2 curses
3 women= 1 blessing + 3 curses
do the maths yourself and see what's wrong
u r practically de best mathimatician nigeria has ever produced grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Orukky1(m): 8:32pm On Sep 15, 2012
Polygamy is d worst tin dat can ever happen to u. It is beta imagined dan xperienced. Dere is division, hatred, jealousy, wickedness, quarrels, fights etc. Fr dose of u dat r frm nuclear homes, tank ur starz cos i knw wot am goin thru evryday. Am talkin frm xperience.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by AGBORMAN1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2012
Please pardon me;
I think ur still sick in ur head.
Quality of life, Not quantity lives.
sconsults: [size=15pt]polygamy is good
Polygamy is our culture
Polygamy is the best
[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by lastpage: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2012
CIVILIZATION AND WESTERNIZATION is what is wrong with Polygamy!

Whether we like it or not, whether we accept reality or not, the NATURE OF MAN IS POLYGAMOUS!

"Territorial behavior" (a form of Polygamy!) is found in ALL MALE SPECIES!

From "basic" animals, to insects, to "higher" animals like humans.

Just go into the bush and watch a Lion or even a Male Chicken.....and you will learn from "little things".

Again, looking at "human anatomy", it was designed to encourage polygamy in men otherwise, they (men) should have been getting pregnant and their organ should have been a "receptacle" instead of the "external penetrator" that they have! (it was designed to be used "in multiple receptacles" without affecting its effectiveness, unlike that of women...no disrespect to women)

But Western society (and those who have Boko Haram grin ) has tried to demonize it by IMPOSING "laws and rules" which make it unworkable!.
The idea was to SIMPLIFY SUCCESSION AND INHERITANCE ISSUES they have at hand.

Such "rules" are indoctrinated into our heads in "Churches", "Schools", "society" and if we fail to "tow-the-line"....the rules are ENFORCED in the "western style" Law Courts!

Thus, most 'monogamist' are not by choice, but "out of fear" because such men have "no choice"
(even their wife will drive them out of the house in the western world, if they try it)

Of course Women dont like it (just like those chickens and other living things dont like sharing their partners!) and would do anything to demonize it.

That is understandable..................But it has NEVER WORKED!
shocked shocked

The "men" simply device new ways of "practicing it" ---by Cheating on their wife, "Aristo" style, multiple marry and divorce (serial monogamy), children outside marriage, complete secrecy which is only discovered during "his" burial grin , e.t.c

Even the men here proclaiming "monogamy" on moral or religious grounds, are "YET TO BE TESTED"!
Make the "situation right" (for some men, it's money, Power, personal (viz bigamy laws) and family security, e.t.c) for them and you will see the polygamy in them rear its head! grin

And by the way, all the "mentioned ills" of Polygamy are NOT UNIQUE to Polygamy!

For example, division, hatred, jealousy, wickedness, quarrels, fights are also experienced in the "work place" amongst colleagues viz-a-viz office politics!
They are just normal human relationship issues which can and do rear their heads where more than one human is present.------ a "relationship issue" as against a "polygamy issue"

Okay, this is not a favorite topic and l may have ruffled some feathers; Am sorry.

But think about it: 95% of all our laws are derived from "common law" which itself is derived from "Religious injunctions".

Yet "God" (in which ever form) NEVER PUNISHED POLYGAMOUS MEN!
? That l find most unusual!

In Christianity, He issued "an advisory" only but still "fellowshiped" with chronic polygamist like Solomon, Abraham, Jacob. e.t.c.
In Islam, it was expressly encouraged. Ditto other Easter religions.

Okay, no be my business, l have something else to do

Caveat:
This is not an encouragement to be Polygamous. Its just a "rational opinion" on a subject matter. State your own and dont insult me or others! wink

Lastpage!

My wife must not read this one sha, this weekend "show" go just cancel. walahi! shocked

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by solomon111(m): 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2012
If not that everybody wants to be western than the westerners,or be seen as 'trendy',or 'cool',i don't see anything wrong with polygamy.
My grand-father had 4 wives,and he died at the age of 101,while my friend who has only being married for 5 years,spends more time in my house,cos,he is always trying to avoid his nagging wife.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by sconsults: 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
AGBOR-MAN:
Please pardon me;
I think ur still sick in ur head.
Quality of life, Not quantity lives.

I am sick like the strong men i listed and you are truly a wise man.i promise you my family is living very well. Culturaly polluted bigot like you can never hold me back
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by DeCleff(m): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2012
coolgeorge: Is there anything really wrong with Polygamy. Opinions please.
Everything is wrong wit it no matter how much u have. Infact polygamy becomes deadly if the man is wealth.

In my family my dad has 3 wives and 23 children, 10guys and 13 ladies.

I tell u its like hell 4 us the children of the last wife. We've suffered so much from our step mums and half siblings. Just because we chose to study hard in school unlike them who hate education.

My mum couldnt go out again cause they've sent people in several occasions to kill her but God delivered her.

I have suffered a spinal cord injury cos my half brother sent his men to kill me. They would have cut off my head wit an axe if not 4 God. C.T Scan and Xray results showed that 75% of my spine was cut off. So for the fact that am alive is a MIRACLE. Since 13th October 2002, i've not be able to stand, or walk.

If not 4 God i would have lost my elder brother (my mum's first son) since june this year cos my family member sumond him in a shrine in Ogoni and ask the spirit 2 kill him but God delivered him.

Recently they took the names of my 3 brothers to Amadioha to kill them 4 no just cause.

Polygamy is hell on earth and i won't advice any guy or gurl that loves his or her life and that of the unborn kids to go into polygamy.

I rather become a Rev. Father in Catholic that marry more than one wife.

I HAVE LEARNT A LESSON FROM MY DAD'S MISTAKE.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by FindOut(m): 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
Ayoobscom: Mr one wife!

He's no polygamy
But sleeps with 15 other young ladies cheating on his wife
He's no polygamy
But rapes his own daughter into second untold wife
He's no polygamy
But already gave birth to 6 daughters and just one boy
He's no polygamy
So he'd rather murder the one at home to marry a fresh blood
He's no polygamy
But have innumerable concubines\children outside wedlock
He wouldn't marry a 15 year old..no its child abuse
But will sleep with a 12 yrs old in anointment\
And groom them into old hag whores that will never find a husband

Let us kill 50% of ladies and achieve one man to one lady

I trust you are not thinking God approves of prostitution(all prostitutes are not in for money...30% are in for lack of man fact!

Or let us assume God is no longer perfect allowing ladies to outnumber men

Excuse me! what false religion the hell is lying to you one man to one woman..please tell us more of those lies bringing the world to its knees

as far as polygamy is concerned, in fora such as this, i prefer to sit on d fence....else i'll have to type a long epistle to state my exact position. That said, i hope i get married to one wife who would satisfy me so much in every way, that i wouldnt think of having another. But POLYGAMY IS NOT A BAD IDEA. We just have to face it.

I highlighted d above post because i'm looking to see if anyone can produce a concrete rebuttal. There is a lot of sense in that post. We cannot deny the fact that the population of females are increasingly becoming more than males each day. All your friends who have given birth this year, if they are up to ten, how many gave birth to boys? Now, the many girls, who go marry them?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Did He Mean? I'm not nigerian, Help please! / The Massive Curves On This Slay Queen Has Caused Commotion Online [photo] / What Will You Miss If Your Partner Ends Your Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.