Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,688 members, 7,844,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). (21300 Views)

An Apology Letter From Men To Women / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men / What Do Women Really Want From Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by AGBORMAN1(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
Gone are the days our fathers are farmers. Wantin many wives & children to help with farming works.
Its all Machines & Hi-technology. Modern live is here to stay. Pls dont take us back to Caves.
The more children u have, the less quality of Live the household will have. Period.

Even monkeys will agree with me.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by F00028: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2012
lastpage:

...Of course Women dont like it (just like those chickens and other living things dont like sharing their partners!) ...
who told you chicken give dam.n?! i've raised thousands and i ain't ever seen one bat an eyelid.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by F00028: 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
anyone ever consider: it might not be the game...it might the players? am just saying...

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by tintingz(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
What's wrong in polygamy sef...polygamy move men away from adultery(virus HIV/AIDS passport)...my dadd married to TWO WIVES and we live happily ever my mum was even the god-mother of the two sons of my step-mum...my dadd is a real nd strong man not a weak nd retard man any polygamous family that shows hatred to each other am sorry to say the papa no be man na weak nd clueless man.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Dygeasy(m): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2012
Is Polygamy a person? Is he/she sick? #just asking
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2012
lastpage: CIVILIZATION AND WESTERNIZATION is what is wrong with Polygamy!

Whether we like it or not, whether we accept reality or not, the NATURE OF MAN IS POLYGAMOUS!

"Territorial behavior" (a form of Polygamy!) is found in ALL MALE SPECIES!

From "basic" animals, to insects, to "higher" animals like humans.

Just go into the bush and watch a Lion or even a Male Chicken.....and you will learn from "little things".

Again, looking at "human anatomy", it was designed to encourage polygamy in men otherwise, they (men) should have been getting pregnant and their organ should have been a "receptacle" instead of the "external penetrator" that they have! (it was designed to be used "in multiple receptacles" without affecting its effectiveness, unlike that of women...no disrespect to women)

But Western society (and those who have Boko Haram grin ) has tried to demonize it by IMPOSING "laws and rules" which make it unworkable!.
The idea was to SIMPLIFY SUCCESSION AND INHERITANCE ISSUES they have at hand.

Such "rules" are indoctrinated into our heads in "Churches", "Schools", "society" and if we fail to "tow-the-line"....the rules are ENFORCED in the "western style" Law Courts!

Thus, most 'monogamist' are not by choice, but "out of fear" because such men have "no choice"
(even their wife will drive them out of the house in the western world, if they try it)

Of course Women dont like it (just like those chickens and other living things dont like sharing their partners!) and would do anything to demonize it.

That is understandable..................But it has NEVER WORKED!
shocked shocked

The "men" simply device new ways of "practicing it" ---by Cheating on their wife, "Aristo" style, multiple marry and divorce (serial monogamy), children outside marriage, complete secrecy which is only discovered during "his" burial grin , e.t.c

Even the men here proclaiming "monogamy" on moral or religious grounds, are "YET TO BE TESTED"!
Make the "situation right" (for some men, it's money, Power, personal (viz bigamy laws) and family security, e.t.c) for them and you will see the polygamy in them rear its head! grin

And by the way, all the "mentioned ills" of Polygamy are NOT UNIQUE to Polygamy!

For example, division, hatred, jealousy, wickedness, quarrels, fights are also experienced in the "work place" amongst colleagues viz-a-viz office politics!
They are just normal human relationship issues which can and do rear their heads where more than one human is present.------ a "relationship issue" as against a "polygamy issue"

Okay, this is not a favorite topic and l may have ruffled some feathers; Am sorry.

But think about it: 95% of all our laws are derived from "common law" which itself is derived from "Religious injunctions".

Yet "God" (in which ever form) NEVER PUNISHED POLYGAMOUS MEN!
? That l find most unusual!

In Christianity, He issued "an advisory" only but still "fellowshiped" with chronic polygamist like Solomon, Abraham, Jacob. e.t.c.
In Islam, it was expressly encouraged. Ditto other Easter religions.

Okay, no be my business, l have something else to do

Caveat:
This is not an encouragement to be Polygamous. Its just a "rational opinion" on a subject matter. State your own and dont insult me or others! wink

Lastpage!

My wife must not read this one sha, this weekend "show" go just cancel. walahi! shocked

So you're even a man?

All this time, I think say you be woman. That's not a compliment.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by odohemma(m): 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Thank you brother. I am glad somebody with a dick said it cos I have been told I am a feminist for saying THE EXACT SAME THING.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by seunajia: 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
*Ahem!* grin

There is |nothing| wrong with polygamy.

PROs:
Like many posters have opined, Human nature, Physiology, population ratio, common sense etc encourages it. Come to think of it, it's even better than the hypocrisy of 1-man 1-wife where the man ends up sleeping with the whole town!

CONs:
The conditions shocked Is it really easy to be just between two women? undecided
The headache; women can be troublesome.
The financial implication. etc.

If a man can fulfill or attempt to fulfill most of the conditions, especially that of being just between them, by all means!

^^ is me being objective. If you ask me, I don't like it, I don't want to.

BTW, Polyandry na prostitution
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by mekaboy(m): 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2012
BETTER MARRY AS MANY WIVES AS U CAN AND GO TO HEAVEN, THAN MARRY 1 CHEAT AND GO TO HELL. THE BIBLE SAYS IF YOUR RIGHT HAND WILL CAUSE YOU TO SIN, CUT IT OFF, IF MARRYING ONE WIFE WILL CAUSE U TO CHEAT, MARRY TWO OR MORE.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Eziachi: 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2012
Its not atomic science, polygamy is the biggest spreading agent of HIV is the sub Sahara African. One person brings it into the chain, all, including the innocent are damned.
I will only support polygamy if equality is practiced within it, so that women will have more than one husband as well and then watch as our ever willing men supporters suddenly hates it and it will no longer be called our culture all of a sudden.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 16, 2012
F00028: anyone ever consider: it might not be the game...it might the players? am just saying...
God bless you man. The problems that have been credited to polygamy on this thread should actually be bamed on the practitioners. From what I gather here, marriage in its entirety should be avoided at all costs, and is in fact, a detrimental endeavour to the human race because of the many ills associated with a bad marriage.
I assure you that there are prosperous, harmonious polygamous hommes out there. Don't call a dog a bad name just to hang it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by lordy(m): 12:22am On Sep 16, 2012
lastpage: CIVILIZATION AND WESTERNIZATION is what is wrong with Polygamy!

Whether we like it or not, whether we accept reality or not, the NATURE OF MAN IS POLYGAMOUS!

"Territorial behavior" (a form of Polygamy!) is found in ALL MALE SPECIES!

From "basic" animals, to insects, to "higher" animals like humans.

Just go into the bush and watch a Lion or even a Male Chicken.....and you will learn from "little things".

Again, looking at "human anatomy", it was designed to encourage polygamy in men otherwise, they (men) should have been getting pregnant and their organ should have been a "receptacle" instead of the "external penetrator" that they have! (it was designed to be used "in multiple receptacles" without affecting its effectiveness, unlike that of women...no disrespect to women)

But Western society (and those who have Boko Haram grin ) has tried to demonize it by IMPOSING "laws and rules" which make it unworkable!.
The idea was to SIMPLIFY SUCCESSION AND INHERITANCE ISSUES they have at hand.

Such "rules" are indoctrinated into our heads in "Churches", "Schools", "society" and if we fail to "tow-the-line"....the rules are ENFORCED in the "western style" Law Courts!

Thus, most 'monogamist' are not by choice, but "out of fear" because such men have "no choice"
(even their wife will drive them out of the house in the western world, if they try it)

Of course Women dont like it (just like those chickens and other living things dont like sharing their partners!) and would do anything to demonize it.

That is understandable..................But it has NEVER WORKED!
shocked shocked

The "men" simply device new ways of "practicing it" ---by Cheating on their wife, "Aristo" style, multiple marry and divorce (serial monogamy), children outside marriage, complete secrecy which is only discovered during "his" burial grin , e.t.c

Even the men here proclaiming "monogamy" on moral or religious grounds, are "YET TO BE TESTED"!
Make the "situation right" (for some men, it's money, Power, personal (viz bigamy laws) and family security, e.t.c) for them and you will see the polygamy in them rear its head! grin

And by the way, all the "mentioned ills" of Polygamy are NOT UNIQUE to Polygamy!

For example, division, hatred, jealousy, wickedness, quarrels, fights are also experienced in the "work place" amongst colleagues viz-a-viz office politics!
They are just normal human relationship issues which can and do rear their heads where more than one human is present.------ a "relationship issue" as against a "polygamy issue"

Okay, this is not a favorite topic and l may have ruffled some feathers; Am sorry.

But think about it: 95% of all our laws are derived from "common law" which itself is derived from "Religious injunctions".

Yet "God" (in which ever form) NEVER PUNISHED POLYGAMOUS MEN!
? That l find most unusual!

In Christianity, He issued "an advisory" only but still "fellowshiped" with chronic polygamist like Solomon, Abraham, Jacob. e.t.c.
In Islam, it was expressly encouraged. Ditto other Easter religions.

Okay, no be my business, l have something else to do

Caveat:
This is not an encouragement to be Polygamous. Its just a "rational opinion" on a subject matter. State your own and dont insult me or others! wink

Lastpage!

My wife must not read this one sha, this weekend "show" go just cancel. walahi! shocked
IMHO, best response so far!
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Decryptor(m): 12:31am On Sep 16, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Thank you brother. I am glad somebody with a dick said it cos I have been told I am a feminist for saying THE EXACT SAME THING.

Smh.
What if he's a tranny?
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by cfours: 3:28am On Sep 16, 2012
it's outdated.
polygamous marriage is marriage of convenience most of the time and the wife is just waiting for the husband to die so she can fight for her share of the inheritance.

In fact, there should be research done on "cause of death" for polygamous men. I won't be surprised if the main cause was food poisoning.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by 5much(m): 5:45am On Sep 16, 2012
any man that intends to live long shd not attempt polygamy.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Bright2(m): 6:54am On Sep 16, 2012
So far as it makes you happy,carry go! Some times 1st wifes don't seat up if they don't see challenge of such.Infact the women are two many to go 1 4 1,it should be at least 2 4 1 hw ever, you can help them.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by lastpage: 6:57am On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So you're even a man?

All this time, I think say you be woman.
That's not a compliment.
How come it took you "all this time" to decipher such a simple thing as my "gender"?
You sharp no be small O! ......and that is a compliment! wink wink

BTW: Did anyone ask you to "identify" my gender?
Contribute your own opinion to the topic "logically" and leave "gender" out of it.

Lastpage!
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by lastpage: 7:22am On Sep 16, 2012
It is erroneous to think and state that "our Grandfathers were polygamous simply because they needed "more hands on the farm"!

Patently wrong otherwise, would you use the same logic to say the richest man back then, (King Solomon) and even someone like Billionaire Moshood Abiola, needed more hands on his FARM, thus he married more than one wife?

C'mmon, lets see things objectively naah.

Again,
*l have seen a monogamous man die earlier than a polygamous man!
was it the monogamy that killed him? (That man selling Computer wares at Ikeja *KAVEX Computers* was murdered on the instruction of his ONLY wife! He was monogamous angry )

*I have seen monogamous homes where the children killed each other over "Daddy's property"!
Where they fighting "step children"?

*I have seen monogamous homes where the husband and wife badger each other to pieces!

Was there an "invisible" second wife she was fighting?

*I have seen monogamous homes where the man had NINE children, from just one wife!
shocked
Was it a second wife that caused such battalion?
.......while a polygamous man had five children from two wives!

*I have seen many monogamous homes where poverty was like breakfast, to the children!

A second wife does not make you richer or poorer! Neither does a single wife!

*I have seen monogamous homes were the wife still went ahead to sleep with her husband's driver
(and in another instance, despite his beautiful wife, "Oga" was still laying the house-girl!)
It is not only Polygamy that causes the infidelity now, if at all?

*I have seen monogamous homes where the husband was infected with Gonococus because "Madam played AWAY" and brought it home!

It is not only 'polygamy' that spread disease, it is unclean habits ....and sheer ignorance, to leave it untreated!

In essence, dont attribute "any general evil" to polygamy while laundering the image of monogamy.
Finally, because Mr. A's polygamy/monogamy "backfired", does not mean Mr. B's own would go the same way!

Let us put the cards on the table and examine it properly, instead of "giving a Dog a Bad name so we can hang it".

Caveat: I dey warn you o, no be me say make you go marry two wives o! Na jeje l dey yarn my own for NL.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Audukaya: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2012
So! You will marry one woman and worship her with her children till you die,and she will pick a boyfriend. Marry many and enjoy my friend.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Audukaya: 7:29am On Sep 16, 2012
Without a second wife who will take care of you?
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 16, 2012
This Mrs Chima lady. Your posts are never police. Always an element of someone not being nice.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by radektugal: 8:36am On Sep 16, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
Loveaflame: My dear,it is not easy to maintain such.For Christians it is (NOT)[size=8pt][/size] good.God made only one woman for one man.That is the standard.Anything outside that is lust and ojukokoro.The evils of polygamous home are so many.I came from one.BE WARNED.

I checked the bible from Genesis to Revelation. God did not categorically condemn polygamy neither did any prophet nor apostle did.the only set of people that paul forbade are deacons & bishops.the idea of one man one woman was brought into our land from the western world who long practiced it from the concept of the knights.there are so many bastards on our land today, divorce is on the rise everyday simly because we want to be like the whites.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by F00028: 9:36am On Sep 16, 2012
Eziachi: Its not atomic science, polygamy is the biggest spreading agent of HIV is the sub Sahara African...

you are right. its not atomic science, ITS PURE FICTION!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by hamwasy(m): 9:37am On Sep 16, 2012
As for me there's nothing bad in polygamous marriage as far as u're capable physically, financially stable and can also perform equal justice among dem. u can ride on with it.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by NAJALYN: 10:05am On Sep 16, 2012
@bennyraz, you have said it all. One wife less trouble, many wives plenty trouble from your wives and many children. Not to mention conspiracies that could lead to loss of life of the man and other members of the family.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by NAJALYN: 10:26am On Sep 16, 2012
@bennyraz, you have said it all. One wife less trouble, many wives plenty trouble from your wives and many children. Not to mention conspiracies that could lead to loss of life of the man and other members of the family. Its not easy to raise 2 children to standard, so you can imagine the problems that would be encountered in raising 3 and above. Any number above 6 could drive one crazy. A man who had 47 children from different women, a driver, was summoned one day from his office that his 2 children had been arrested for armed robbery. A couple had 11 children. 2 of them were fighting one day & one killed the other. These are true life stories and there are many more.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by FelixL(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2012
From outside
Came across a philosopher who said, that the high number of divorces in western societies comes from the fact, that one partner is just not enough people. (R.D. Precht)
Am with him so far. At least the western 'couple + 2 children' model does not work. Any poly- marriages I also do not see as a solution out of reasons that are described here already. There are other ways to take over responsibility and create a community. Am thinking about kibbutz-like concepts and things like that.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 11:00am On Sep 16, 2012
sigmundfreud:
And where was it explicitly stated in the Bible that 'God was against polygamy'?
Polygamy is not the same as fornication or adultery.

Since you want to get technical....let go there. grin grin grin

According to the Bible....

God didn't say HE was against racism/tribalism....
God didn't say HE was against stabbing and shooting another human being...
God didn't say HE was against necrophilism.....
God didn't say HE was against slavery....
God didn't say HE was against women wearing revealing clothes/wild hair styles
God didn't say HE was against nine years old girls marrying old men
God didn't say HE was against wives having male friends and going out on dates with them

You get the point.....

The bible also said that believers should not only follow the laws of the Bible...but also the laws of the land. There are millions of believers breaking laws on both side and justifying it with..."it was the devil that made me do it" grin grin grin

In THE SAME BIBLE...in Genesis...illustrated a MAN leaving his mother and father and cleaved as ONE WITH HIS WIFE....NOT WIVES. Nothing in the Bible speaks about a man leaving his wife to cleaved into another wife.

Someone mentioned Abraham had multiple wives...He had two wives and one concubine before he married the third wife that is said to be the Mother of Islam beliefs. Hagar was a servant girl entrusted to Abraham to bore him children because Sarah...the first wife had complications.

Speaking of polygamy...according to the Bible...God didn't say HE was against polyandry. But why it is harder for men to digest the concept of polyandry since God didn't speak AGAINST the concept of multiple partners but in Ephesians illustrated the concept of LONE WIFE??

The old testament and new testament have different perspectives. Old testament is before coming of Christ whereas the new testament is after the coming of Christ. If you properly research you will see the decline of polygamous relationships in the new testament as disciples encourages the idea of monogamous marriages.

The Bible also speaks about defiling the marital bed, adultery, and fornication. Since we are being technical....God didn't say HE was against polygamy but spoke of HIS dislikes regarding divorces, homosexuality, and those who practices "black magic. In Matthews, it spoke about the ownership of man and wife....what if the second wife want attention when it is not her turn because he is husband to the other wife and why shouldn't the wife have to wait her turn since the Bible speaks against defiling...some people believe defiling means bring outside person into the marital bed which can be one aspect of defiling but according to the dictionary....

de·file 1 (d-fl)
tr.v. de·filed, de·fil·ing, de·files
1. To make filthy or dirty; pollute: defile a river with sewage.
2. To debase the pureness or excellence of; corrupt: a country landscape that was defiled by urban sprawl.
3. To profane or sully (a reputation, for example).
4. To make unclean or unfit for ceremonial use; desecrate: defile a temple.
5. To violate the chastity of.

Isn't rejecting a wife's needs and requests violates and debases her? Do you think jealousy and resentment is corrupt or natural? Would you support polyandry since God didn't say HE was against polygamy according to the Bible?

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A BIBLE DEBATE WE CAN!! grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 11:04am On Sep 16, 2012
F00028:

one woman multiple husbands? hmmm...
how they gonna be sure who fathered which child?
what happens to the guy whose "turn" it is when the woman starts her period?

What difference does it make who is the father The women in polygamy takes care of other wives' children and not all polygamous couple have their own homes. I visited a polygamous family overseas where there was one husband and seven wives and about 22 kids maybe more. Each wives have their own room where the main bedroom is shared by the wife of the evening. The husband do not have a set day which wife he will husband to and according to one wife I spoke to...sometimes other wives may not see their husband for weeks at a time. Hmm. Sounds appetizing huh? grin lipsrsealed

And from your comment...you will indulges in polygamy because the wife have her period What if all the wives have their periods at the same time....what you are going to indulges homosexuality
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by muyenmuyen: 11:12am On Sep 16, 2012
poly naah bad thing,pls dont go into it.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 11:27am On Sep 16, 2012
Mynd_44: 1 woman= 1 blessing + 1 curse
2women= 1 blessing + 2 curses
3 women= 1 blessing + 3 curses
do the maths yourself and see what's wrong

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by optimistD(m): 11:33am On Sep 16, 2012
No problem. Only reduction of life span.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Massive Curves On This Slay Queen Has Caused Commotion Online [photo] / What Will You Miss If Your Partner Ends Your Relationship? / ₦360million, Would You Breakup With Bae For $1million, See Reactions(shots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.