Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,837 members, 7,844,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). (21302 Views)

An Apology Letter From Men To Women / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men / What Do Women Really Want From Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 12:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Glad you said it because then I would have been called a racist/tribalist. See I intentionally set up trick questions to trap goons. Now he gave me ammunition to further prove my point. grin grin grin

Nope..they aren't Christians...they are extremists pretending to be Christians. I am not religious but I do know the tenets Christians follows....and from what I see it is contradictory and oppressive to say the least.

As you can see those who supports polygamy/polyandry sure are quiet...when I asked about adultery. grin grin grin grin

But some leading Bible figures were polygamists and it appears the bible is ambigious (as usual) about whether polygamy is forbidden.

Ileke-IdI:

See your mouth. . . "co-wife and I have to tolerate it". . . . religiously brainwashed sheep.

Better open your eyes because you deserve better.

You have men cheating behind your back, fucking another woman before he brings her home and you tolerate it. What a shame.

PS: Did he ask your permission before he brought her home? (that's if you're the first wife o).

This thread is really beginning to piss me off.

Continue venting.

Before you know it, you will end up in a polygamous marriage. cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ayoobscom: Mr one wife!

He's no polygamy
But sleeps with 15 other young ladies cheating on his wife
He's no polygamy
But rapes his own daughter into second untold wife
He's no polygamy
But already gave birth to 6 daughters and just one boy
He's no polygamy
So he'd rather murder the one at home to marry a fresh blood
He's no polygamy
But have innumerable concubines\children outside wedlock
He wouldn't marry a 15 year old..no its child abuse
But will sleep with a 12 yrs old in anointment\
And groom them into old hag whores that will never find a husband

Let us kill 50% of ladies and achieve one man to one lady

I trust you are not thinking God approves of prostitution(all prostitutes are not in for money...30% are in for lack of man fact!

Or let us assume God is no longer perfect allowing ladies to outnumber men

Excuse me! what false religion the hell is lying to you one man to one woman..please tell us more of those lies bringing the world to its knees

Errr ............. ladies do not outnumber men! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
dasparrow:

Well said. I think that polygamy negatively affects the children the most. My late dad was polygamous. What he did was marry here and there, make babies and then leave his wives to take care of their respective children financially and otherwise. Tell me, is that not wickedness? I can't call that a marraige where a woman does not get to enjoy her husband because he is spending time with the other wife.

My mom is the first wife. Today, the children of the other women (my step siblings) are contacting us and want a sibling relationship with us. I hate polygamy with a passion and any man who loves his wife and children will never put his family through such. Polygamy is one of the reasons why there is so much hatred and envy in alot of Nigerian families today.

And monogamy does not cause hatred and envy?
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
odohemma:
What is it with u n joystick? Seems like u r very much attached to it.

And I take it you don't have one huh? grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by coolgeorge: 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mr one wife!

He's no polygamy
But sleeps with 15 other young ladies cheating on his wife
He's no polygamy
But Molests his own daughter into second untold wife
He's no polygamy
But already gave birth to 6 daughters and just one boy
He's no polygamy
So he'd rather murder the one at home to marry a fresh blood
He's no polygamy
But have innumerable concubines\children outside wedlock
He wouldn't marry a 15 year old..no its child abuse
But will sleep with a 12 yrs old in anointment\
And groom them into old hag whores that will never find a husband

Let us kill 50% of ladies and achieve one man to one lady

I trust you are not thinking God approves of prostitution(all LovePeddlers are not in for money...30% are in for lack of man fact!

Or let us assume God is no longer perfect allowing ladies to outnumber men

Excuse me! what false religion the hell is lying to you one man to one woman..please tell us more of those lies bringing the world to its knees

WORTHY OF NOTE!
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
lastpage: CIVILIZATION AND WESTERNIZATION is what is wrong with Polygamy!

Whether we like it or not, whether we accept reality or not, the NATURE OF MAN IS POLYGAMOUS!

"Territorial behavior" (a form of Polygamy!) is found in ALL MALE SPECIES!

From "basic" animals, to insects, to "higher" animals like humans.

Just go into the bush and watch a Lion or even a Male Chicken.....and you will learn from "little things".

Again, looking at "human anatomy", it was designed to encourage polygamy in men otherwise, they (men) should have been getting pregnant and their organ should have been a "receptacle" instead of the "external penetrator" that they have! (it was designed to be used "in multiple receptacles" without affecting its effectiveness, unlike that of women...no disrespect to women)

But Western society (and those who have Boko Haram grin ) has tried to demonize it by IMPOSING "laws and rules" which make it unworkable!.
The idea was to SIMPLIFY SUCCESSION AND INHERITANCE ISSUES they have at hand.

Such "rules" are indoctrinated into our heads in "Churches", "Schools", "society" and if we fail to "tow-the-line"....the rules are ENFORCED in the "western style" Law Courts!

Thus, most 'monogamist' are not by choice, but "out of fear" because such men have "no choice"
(even their wife will drive them out of the house in the western world, if they try it)

Of course Women dont like it (just like those chickens and other living things dont like sharing their partners!) and would do anything to demonize it.

That is understandable..................But it has NEVER WORKED!
shocked shocked

The "men" simply device new ways of "practicing it" ---by Cheating on their wife, "Aristo" style, multiple marry and divorce (serial monogamy), children outside marriage, complete secrecy which is only discovered during "his" burial grin , e.t.c

Even the men here proclaiming "monogamy" on moral or religious grounds, are "YET TO BE TESTED"!
Make the "situation right" (for some men, it's money, Power, personal (viz bigamy laws) and family security, e.t.c) for them and you will see the polygamy in them rear its head! grin

And by the way, all the "mentioned ills" of Polygamy are NOT UNIQUE to Polygamy!

For example, division, hatred, jealousy, wickedness, quarrels, fights are also experienced in the "work place" amongst colleagues viz-a-viz office politics!
They are just normal human relationship issues which can and do rear their heads where more than one human is present.------ a "relationship issue" as against a "polygamy issue"

Okay, this is not a favorite topic and l may have ruffled some feathers; Am sorry.

But think about it: 95% of all our laws are derived from "common law" which itself is derived from "Religious injunctions".

Yet "God" (in which ever form) NEVER PUNISHED POLYGAMOUS MEN!
? That l find most unusual!

In Christianity, He issued "an advisory" only but still "fellowshiped" with chronic polygamist like Solomon, Abraham, Jacob. e.t.c.
In Islam, it was expressly encouraged. Ditto other Easter religions.

Okay, no be my business, l have something else to do

Caveat:
This is not an encouragement to be Polygamous. Its just a "rational opinion" on a subject matter. State your own and dont insult me or others! wink

Lastpage!

My wife must not read this one sha, this weekend "show" go just cancel. walahi! shocked

Standing ovation!

This is making sense.

Imagine someone having their blood boil over saying that shame on "men that can't control their urges". I wonder if that statement applies to "women that can't control their nagging and bitching". undecided

My view of polygamy comes on 2 basic platforms:

- Anyone should be free to marry as many partners as they want if we truly plan to practice freedom and naturality. Furthermore, it is in the UN human rights charter.

- It is also freedom and in the UN human rights charter for people to choose not to be part of polygamy. No one can or should be able to force you to practice it.

If your partner wants to practice polygamy/polyandry and you don't like it, walk away. No law should stop or punish your partner from executing their human rights.

It is so shocking the moronic nations that have brainwashed people to condemn and reject polygamy (a perfectly natural phenomena), and stick to monogamy (a very unnatural state and more of a cultural phenomena), are the ones pushing for an even more unnatural family unit of homosexual marriages. And you will see a lot of the mugus on this thread being champions and advocate of homosexual marriages under the aegis of "progressive", "liberal", "urban", "21st century", "civilised" and other bullshit tags.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
solomon111: If not that everybody wants to be western than the westerners,or be seen as 'trendy',or 'cool',i don't see anything wrong with polygamy.
My grand-father had 4 wives,and he died at the age of 101,while my friend who has only being married for 5 years,spends more time in my house,cos,he is always trying to avoid his nagging wife.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
Hazyz: where was it written and forbidden for jews not to take polygamy. . .Jehovah was silent on Marriage no where in the books forbid polygamy.

Did I say the Bible? Torah and Bible are two different things boo boo. Keep up. kiss

Torah, Bible, and Koran....have different beliefs with ONE GOD. Which one are you going to pick...the one with the most benefits huh? grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sagamite:

But some leading Bible figures were polygamists and it appears the bible is ambigious (as usual) about whether polygamy is forbidden.

Continue venting.

Again...the old testament was saturated with Kings having multiple wives and hoes...but the new testament illustrated the idea of one wife as in singular.

The very same Bible speaks about fornication and adultery. It also didn't "speak" against polyandry...but why are [size=22pt] TOO MEN [/size]rejecting the idea of it

Their reason for not supporting polyandry or stating the absurdity of it...."who will know the father of the child?" Really

The bible/Koran doesn't concern those who do not believe it...why are people still using the Bible to justify their actions/choice
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sagamite:

And monogamy does not cause hatred and envy?

Yeah...when the partner steps outside and dutty wining another chick/dude. Any human being with emotions/feelings/soul will hate and envy their partner sleeping, talking, and dutty wining another person even of the same gender.

Any person who disputes that is lying.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
Decryptor: What if he's a tranny?

He would still have dick huh? undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Again...the old testament was saturated with Kings having multiple wives and hoes...but the new testament illustrated the idea of one wife as in singular.

The very same Bible speaks about fornication and adultery. It also didn't "speak" against polyandry...but why are [size=22pt] TOO MEN [/size]rejecting the idea of it

Their reason for not supporting polyandry or stating the absurdity of it...."who will know the father of the child?" Really

The bible/Koran doesn't concern those who do not believe it...why are people still using the Bible to justify their actions/choice

Apparently, polygamy was in existence during the time of Jesus and he never condemned it. Neither did the bible explicitly condemn it.

Adultery/fornication is sleeping with a woman you are not married to, not marrying multiple wives.

Many notable men of the Bible that "speak directly to God" (Coughs and ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin) were polygamous. If God objected, how come he did not say "Hey, homie David, you got too much babes, stick with only one, blad. You getme, bruv"?

The bible does not record cases of polyandry hence it is more reasonable to assume it is not acceptable in that religion. I really don't know why you think that argument is valid.

1) God is not politically correct.

2) Religion is not politically correct.

3) Only modern rational thinking is politically correct.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2012
DeCleff:
Everything is wrong wit it no matter how much u have. Infact polygamy becomes deadly if the man is wealth.

In my family my dad has 3 wives and 23 children, 10guys and 13 ladies.

I tell u its like hell 4 us the children of the last wife. We've suffered so much from our step mums and half siblings. Just because we chose to study hard in school unlike them who hate education.

My mum couldnt go out again cause they've sent people in several occasions to kill her but God delivered her.

I have suffered a spinal cord injury cos my half brother sent his men to kill me. They would have cut off my head wit an axe if not 4 God. C.T Scan and Xray results showed that 75% of my spine was cut off. So for the fact that am alive is a MIRACLE. Since 13th October 2002, i've not be able to stand, or walk.

If not 4 God i would have lost my elder brother (my mum's first son) since june this year cos my family member sumond him in a shrine in Ogoni and ask the spirit 2 kill him but God delivered him.

Recently they took the names of my 3 brothers to Amadioha to kill them 4 no just cause.

Polygamy is hell on earth and i won't advice any guy or gurl that loves his or her life and that of the unborn kids to go into polygamy.

I rather become a Rev. Father in Catholic that marry more than one wife.

I HAVE LEARNT A LESSON FROM MY DAD'S MISTAKE.

It is unfortunate what you went through growing up and you survived...however the idea of anti-polygamy isn't about preventing hoish men from having multiple chicks because of whatever reasons they have concocted in their minds...but my stance on polygamy is if it isn't okay for polyandry then it shouldn't be okay for polygamy.

People want to throw around the Bible about nothing against polygamy without acknowledging the that it also said nothing against polyandry.. One "good" reason I got from a dummy that polyandry isn't good because who will know who is the father of such babies?

[size=33pt]Really Seriously [/size]

But then again the same GROUP OF PEOPLE looks down on adultery!!! In some Arab countries...if a woman is caught sleeping with another man that is not her husband...she is stoned to death but if a man is caught sleeping with hoes..he is given a verbal lashing! Why not allow the adulterous wife to marry her lover and everyone can be a big happy "fucking" family grin grin grin

But I get your point though.... wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sagamite:

Apparently, polygamy was in existence during the time of Jesus and he never condemned it. Neither did the bible explicitly condemn it.

Adultery/fornication is sleeping with a woman you are not married to, not marrying multiple wives.

Many notable men of the Bible that "speak directly to God" (Coughs and ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin) were polygamous. If God objected, how come he did not say "Hey, homie David, you got too much babes, stick with only one, blad. You getme, bruv"?

The bible does not record cases of polyandry hence it is more reasonable to assume it is not acceptable in that religion. I really don't know why you think that argument is valid.

1) God is not politically correct.

2) Religion is not politically correct.

3) Only modern rational thinking is politically correct.
a

Jesus didn't condemn a drunkard for raping girls and didn't condem Paul for killing Christians before he became a disciple. cheesy cheesy cheesy

The same Bible you have quoted also stated that believers should obey the laws of the LAND addition to the laws of the bible...since most countries ARE AGAINST POLYGAMY and people who practices polygamy in anti-polygamous countries are COMMITTING ADULTERY AND FORNICATION. grin grin grin

God isn't political correct for HE IS NOT of this world and religions are manmade by confused beings. Enough said.

[size=22pt]
Do you support polyandry?[/size]
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

The same Bible you have quoted also stated that believers should obey the laws of the LAND addition to the laws of the bible...since most countries ARE AGAINST POLYGAMY and people who practices polygamy in anti-polygamous countries are COMMITTING ADULTERY AND FORNICATION. grin grin grin

God isn't political correct for HE IS NOT of this world and religions are manmade by confused beings. Enough said.

You have a point there. I will give it to you. grin

That said, "laws of the lands" can be changed and most of these "laws of the land" were formed based on a misinterpretation of the position of Christianity on polygamy. grin

That is what I like to term a "loop of faults". cheesy

Mrs.Chima:

[size=22pt]
Do you support polyandry?[/size]

Sagamite:
My view of polygamy comes on 2 basic platforms:

- Anyone should be free to marry as many partners as they want if we truly plan to practice freedom and naturality. Furthermore, it is in the UN human rights charter.

- It is also freedom and in the UN human rights charter for people to choose not to be part of polygamy. No one can or should be able to force you to practice it.

If your partner wants to practice polygamy/polyandry and you don't like it, walk away. No law should stop or punish your partner from executing their human rights.

It is so shocking the moronic nations that have brainwashed people to condemn and reject polygamy (a perfectly natural phenomena), and stick to monogamy (a very unnatural state and more of a cultural phenomena), are the ones pushing for an even more unnatural family unit of homosexual marriages. And you will see a lot of the mugus on this thread being champions and advocate of homosexual marriages under the aegis of "progressive", "liberal", "urban", "21st century", "civilised" and other bullshit tags.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sagamite:

That said, "laws of the lands" can be changed and most of these "laws of the land" were formed based on a misinterpretation of the position of Christianity on polygamy. grin

Did the same land of the laws misinterpreted the Bible when it supported the rights for homosexuals to get married? The bible clearly states marriage is for man and woman. grin grin grin grin

So why is it okay for polygamy but not okay for homosexuals to get married since things are "misinterpreted" grin grin grin

Could those who are against homosexuality "misinterpreted" that God is against homosexuality and that it is a sin? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Remember I didn't bring religion/books in the mix and suggested chatters NOT TO. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sagamite:

[size=44pt]A male supports polyandry....CASE CLOSED! [/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My whole argument was if polygamy is okay then people shouldn't look down on adultery, fornication, and polyandry. wink We can do whatever want to do right? wink

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by snthesis(m): 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
COOLDUN: Polygamy if you can look at it from the beginning, you would see how destructive it has been. The problem we have in this modern world is polygamy; Abraham upon how he was very close and loved by God, couldn’t handle two wives peacefully ,the two women that gave birth to his two sons, Ishmael and Isaac is the beginning of the problem we are witnessing today in this world. Look at Jacob, David, Solomon, Gideon to mention but a few. These great men tried all they could to maintain peace but still it didn’t work out well. No woman is ready and happy to share his man with another woman. Any woman that saw a man who has a wife and children but still went ahead to marry that man is a rebel and a witch. She is going there to destroy the marriage, the second wives know this very well and that is why they are ever battle ready for the first wives. Polygamy brings sadness and sorrows to the family. The second wives always like to destroy the children of the first wives in order to claim that her coming in to the family is justified. I have not seen a peaceful polygamous family, they might be pretending that all is well but all is not well. So my fellow men let us take one wife and make a happy and enjoyable home. Though marriage is not a bed of roses, but the more wives you have, the more problems you will have too.
how many wives did Adam have? tongue
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 1:15pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Did the same land of the laws misinterpreted the Bible when it supported the rights for homosexuals to get married? The bible clearly states marriage is for man and woman. grin grin grin grin

So why is it okay for polygamy but not okay for homosexuals to get married since things are "misinterpreted" grin grin grin

Could those who are against homosexuality "misinterpreted" that God is against homosexuality and that it is a sin? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Remember I didn't bring religion/books in the mix and suggested chatters NOT TO. cheesy cheesy grin

I don't get your point.

You admit the bible clearly states homosexual marriage is wrong and should be between a man and a woman, so how can the "laws of the land" misinterpret the bible? They ignored it.

How can people misinterpret what the bible says when they agree with?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mynd_44: 1 woman= 1 blessing + 1 curse
2women= 1 blessing + 2 curses
3 women= 1 blessing + 3 curses
do the maths yourself and see what's wrong
4 women= 0 blessing + 4000 curses grin
Mynd_44: 1 woman= 1 blessing + 1 curse
2women= 1 blessing + 2 curses
3 women= 1 blessing + 3 curses
do the maths yourself and see what's wrong
4 women= 0 blessing + 4000 curses
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2012
@lastpage

angry

Sagamite:

Continue venting.

Last time I checked, Yoruba culture does not force women into marriage. So why would I see myself in a polygamous one? Let me see if I can cover every possibility of "ifs" you will eventually throw at me.

1. I wont romance a married man knowing he's married.

2. Why would I marry a pathetic lair who cares nothing for his children and wife at home? I won't want to be on karma's bad side. What I do to another will come back to haunt me.

3. If I'm the first wife and he marries another, I'll simply divorce him. I didnt sign up for that nonsense. I'm not a Christian so please dont quote that contradictory Bible nonsense.

4. My society looks down on polygamy. So you bet your azz I'll report his him as quick as I can if I ever find out he has another wife in Naijiriya. There is no way I'm living in that society of shameless . . . Anyway, It will be my pleasure to take everything he owns.

5. A man would have to be an FBI to keep another life from me.

As for those of you asking "isnt polygamy better than for a man to have a wife home and to cheat on her bla bla ba", uhmm hello, it's still cheating. Neither is right. If a woman knows her value, she wouldnt stick in a polygamous marriage knowing that her husband has been unfaithful and disloyal to her. What makes a man leave his home to ynash another woman? It's disrespectful, if you think about it, for your husband to tell you that he's marrying another woman. What a shame.

I'm still shocked that that foolish Funke Akindele not only cheated with a married man, but also married him too. Girl, how low can you go? Ratcheeeettt azz Jenifa bytch.

Nigerian women are simply doing this to themselves. Shame on you for saying "yes" and for "tolerating it".

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by F00028: 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

What difference does it make who is the father
you obviously dont know anything about men (properly so called).

Mrs.Chima:

And from your comment...you will indulges in polygamy because the wife have her period What if all the wives have their periods at the same time...

what are the odds of that in, e.g, the family you visited?
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Last time I checked, Yoruba culture does not force women into marriage. So why would I see myself in a polygamous one? Let me see if I can cover every possibility of "ifs" you will eventually throw at me.

Money and love. grin

Ileke-IdI:

1. I wont romance a married man knowing he's married.

From my PhD research in my doctorate in womantology, most women have dated married men or men that have a girlfriend. And that is based on those willing to admit it to me. grin

Ileke-IdI:

2. Why would I marry a pathetic lair who cares nothing for his children and wife at home? I won't want to be on karma's bad side. What I do to another will come back to haunt me.

Love na! grin

And all men lie. tongue

Ileke-IdI:

3. If I'm the first wife and he marries another, I'll simply divorce him. I didnt sign up for that nonsense. I'm not a Christian so please dont quote that contradictory Bible nonsense.

You are not a Xtian?

AHHH! You are going straight to hell fire. grin grin grin grin grin

You will leave the father of your kids? cheesy tongue

Ileke-IdI:

4. My society looks down on polygamy. So you bet your azz I'll report his him as quick as I can if I ever find out he has another wife in Naijiriya. There is no way I'm living in that society of shameless . . . Anyway, It will be my pleasure to take everything he owns.

The one in Naija will be customary, hence not recognised in USA.

I will be his lawyer, we will argue it die. grin

And his assets will mostly be in Naija, under his sugarbaby, second wife's name. grin grin grin grin

Ileke-IdI:

5. A man would have to be an FBI to keep another life from me.

Your problem is that you have never met professional players.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sagamite:

Money and love. grin

Never said I'd become a housewife.

What is love when the father of my children goes out to create another family outside our home? The thing about me is that I'm a good reflector of intense emotions. I give back what I receive.

From my PhD research in my doctorate in womantology, most women have dated married men or men that have a girlfriend. And that is based on those willing to admit it to me

LOL grin Which uni? Uni Yaba-Left?
Most women are not "most women", if you get my drift.

Love na! grin

And all men lie.

All women also lie. Still doesn't excuse it.

I ask you again, what's love got to do with it? Only a pathetic loser of a man would think a man loves her after not having an affair behind her back, but also having the gall to marry "the other" woman.

You are not a Xtian?

AHHH! You are going staight to hell fire. grin grin grin grin grin

You will leave the father of your kids?

Lol @ hell. Joker grin

The father of my kids left me, didnt he? What example will I be setting for my children if I stay? That their mother is a weak, pathetic loser?

The one in Naija will be customary, hence not recognised in USA.

I will be his lawyer, we will argue it die. grin

And his assets will mostly be in Naija, under his sugarbaby, second wife's name.

What do you mean by customary? Was it blessed by the church? Were there witnesses to witness the union? Must a marriage license be signed?

Yea, let it be in Naija, but the one in US belongs to me. And not because I'd NEED them.

Let's be honest here, in this 21st century, which women is foolish enough to have all properties in her husband name only?
Even if he had them before they married, it can always be "revised".

Your problem is that you have never met professional players.

Well, it is for the lack of trying. Who goes out looking for them?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Never said I'd become a housewife.

What is love when the father of my children goes out to create another family outside our home? The thing about me is that I'm a good reflector of intense emotions. I give back what I receive.

LOL grin Which uni? Uni Yaba-Left?
Most women are not "most women", if you get my drift.

Internet mouth!

I got my PhD from the University of Sagamu! cool

Ileke-IdI:

All women also lie. Still doesn't excuse it.

I ask you again, what's love got to do with it? Only a pathetic loser of a man would think a man loves her after not having an affair behind her back, but also having the gall to marry "the other" woman.

Ehn! What has love got to do with it.

Sit there and accept the benefits of marriage na. At least he would still put a roof over your head. grin

Ileke-IdI:

Lol @ hell. Joker grin

The father of my kids left me, didnt he? What example will I be setting for my children if I stay? That their mother is a weak, pathetic loser?

The kids need both parents.

Remember the mantra: "In the best interest of the kids".

You should always act in the West in the best interest of the kids, the parents interest is irrelevant. cheesy

Ileke-IdI:

What do you mean by customary? Was it blessed by the church? Were there witnesses to witness the union? Must a marriage license be signed?

Yea, let it be in Naija, but the one in US belongs to me. And not because I'd NEED them.

Customary marriages do not require a marriage licence. You just get the girl, family meet family and pakurumo in a nice bedroom to fire. grin

US courts will not recognise that as marriage.

The only asset my client would have in USA is a high-purchase Jeep. grin grin grin

Ileke-IdI:

Let's be honest here, in this 21st century, which women is foolish enough to have all properties in her husband name only?
Even if he had them before they married, it can always be "revised".

Why would women not have all properties in her husband's name? Is marriage not about 100% trust? Why are women so unromantic. grin grin grin grin

Ileke-IdI:

Well, it is for the lack of trying. Who goes out looking for them?

Like if you don't want a baaad boy. A reeeeeal thug! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Rimamnusi: 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
Polygamy is totally wrong cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sagamite:

I don't get your point.

You admit the bible clearly states homosexual marriage is wrong and should be between a man and a woman, so how can the "laws of the land" misinterpret the bible? They ignored it.

How can people misinterpret what the bible says when they agree with?

of course you wouldn't get my point even when it is simplistically illustrated to the root. grin grin grin You are the one that brought up "misinterpretation" so if people can misinterpret biblical stance on polygamy...it is very well easily that people can misinterpreted other stances in the bible including homosexuality and adultery/fornication.

YET some CHRISTIANS/MUSLIMS/OTHERS supports that marriage isn't just for man and woman EVEN IF THE BIBLE specifically states it is designed for male and female. grin grin grin Which did they ignored Polygamy or Homosexuality?

Now your stance was since Jesus didn't condemn the whores for having whores...it is biblically accepted. It is also against the commandment to kill but Jesus didn't condemn Paul for killing plethora of Christians before coming a disciple...so it means killing is okay now since Jesus didn't condemn Paul lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Your question: How can people misinterpret what the bible says when they agree with?
My answer: How can people misinterpret what the Bible says when they disagree with it? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by tiebe: 3:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
sexyverah: everytin is wrong wit it, cos d bible said one man one wife... or bible dey lie?

was speaking bout this in the office some time ago and we did not find the exact place where it was said in the bible.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
F00028:
you obviously dont know anything about men (properly so called).

what are the odds of that in, e.g, the family you visited?

You obviously don't know anything about women (properly so called). wink wink

@bolded...I didn't know I had to do a research on family samples. undecided undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Sagamite(m): 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

of course you wouldn't get my point even when it is simplistically illustrated to the root. grin grin grin You are the one that brought up "misinterpretation" so if people can misinterpret biblical stance on polygamy...it is very well easily that people can misinterpreted other stances in the bible including homosexuality and adultery/fornication.

YET some CHRISTIANS/MUSLIMS/OTHERS supports that marriage isn't just for man and woman EVEN IF THE BIBLE specifically states it is designed for male and female. grin grin grin Which did they ignored Polygamy or Homosexuality?

Now your stance was since Jesus didn't condemn the whores for having whores...it is biblically accepted. It is also against the commandment to kill but Jesus didn't condemn Paul for killing plethora of Christians before coming a disciple...so it means killing is okay now since Jesus didn't condemn Paul lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Your question: How can people misinterpret what the bible says when they agree with?
My answer: How can people misinterpret what the Bible says when they disagree with it? grin grin grin

No, it cannot be misinterpreted what the bible says about homosexuality or adultery or fornication because it is fcking, blatantly written in the bible it is not acceptable.

Why did you bring "jesus did not condemn killing"? How is that relevant?

Is it in the bible that polygamy is not allowed? Why did you bring an analogy of something that is clearly in the bible to compare to polygamy.

What is your basis of comparison for:

A) Polygamy that is not in the bible and not condemned by Jesus even when in his face.

to

B) No killing that is blatantly in the bible, probably dictated by Jesus at some point (I leave that to bible-thumpers to give the quote) but Jesus did not condemn on one occasion.

How are those 2 comparable?

This is an example of when I say some of you struggle with logic.

- If something is not in the bible and is not supported by Jesus, THEN that thing cannot be what Xtian values dictate.

- If something is IN the bible. Case closed! You do not need Jesus to even refer to it. THEN that is what Xtain values dictate.

- If something is CLEARLY STATED by Jesus. Case closed! THEN that is what Xtain values dictate.

Pure simple bread and moi-moi alata logic!

- The bible CLEARLY talks against killing.
- The bible CLEARLY talks against having sex outside marriage.
- The bible CLEARLY talks against homosexuality.
- The bible did not talk against polygamy.

Logic!
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sagamite:

Why did you bring "jesus did not condemn killing"? How is that relevant?

Logic!

What is logical about people contradicting themselves grin grin grin

Why did you bring "Jesus/God did not condemn polygamy? How is the Bible relevant to people's choice in what they will supports/believe in/perform in actions grin grin grin You stated...religion is political correct...in other words.. not LITERAL. lipsrsealed

The bible outlined dislike/distaste in some things such as homosexuality/adultery..YET some Christians support/believes it is okay for man to marry man and the "devil" made them commit adultery because wife gotten fat. grin grin grin grin grin

According to many Africans....homosexuality is "western" and do not support "westernization" ...homosexuality is forbidden in Nigeria. SInce polygamy is not condemned and homosexuality is supported in many countries...should it be okay for men to have multiple husbands? grin grin grin Remember the Bible isn't against polygamy and indicates believers should follow the laws of the LAND. grin grin

Message to the atheists...I understand your stance now. I would be confused too if I were to listen to some ranting religious zealot preaching about righteousness and contradicting themselves at the same time. grin grin grin grin

That's the point/bottom line.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Will You Miss If Your Partner Ends Your Relationship? / The Massive Curves On This Slay Queen Has Caused Commotion Online [photo] / ₦360million, Would You Breakup With Bae For $1million, See Reactions(shots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.