Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate (24028 Views)

FG Seeks Abolition Of Visa Requirement Among D-8 Member Countries / Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by DuduNegro: 6:50am On Sep 20, 2012
ndu_chucks:

How do you plan to chieve this impractical and seemingly unachievable feat? You need the 2/3 number to do this. shey you get?

If it seems impractical to you its because you are shortsighted on the emerging political shift in the middle belt.

The middle belt remains tethered to the North because of power politics, no more, no less! The Northerner label is an access key into corridors of power.Back to back, regime after regime, while North held the reins of power, middle beltans used their " I am a Northerner " access key to positions which ordinarily were reserved for majority ethnics. Middle belt is a minority. ....they want to stand alone but doing so will result in lock out from power and with no other majority stepping in as surrogate, they remain with North, believing that power will return to North soon and the fattening can continue.

If power return to North they will be right....and they stand to make gains.

The longer North is shut out of power, the hotter the competition becomes and certain allocations will dry out.

Keeping power out of North long enough will break the region into respective groups and deny them the collective 2/3 monopoly
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 8:26am On Sep 20, 2012
Let's get some things straight. Tinubu is not yoruba leader but a leader of the largest political group in yoruba land. Highly influential though.

SW is currently moving ahead considering where we are coming from (pdp era) though at a slow pace. Potentials to move faster is there, ACN should wake up.

Nothing is wrong if tinubu benefits from the system as long as its legal. Even the most revered AWO did benefit from the system as regards properties which even his grand children still benefits till date. Nothing unusual about that.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Akanbiedu(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

Pardon my poor Yoruba but what is the translation of the proverb?

With regards to your question, people have different stakes in Nigeria and Odualand.

Regardless of my personal experience, I still continue to seek the ilosiwaju of the Yoruba people and Nigerians generally.

The main issue I have with the ACN is that it is not seeking to re-organize the foundation of Nigeria so that it can pursue an agenda that would be for the benefit og the Yoruba.

Correct me if I am wrong but as any ACN legislator sponsored a bill about re-organizing Nigeria along regional lines? Everyone knows that Nigeria is doomed with the current shaky unitary form of government.

What policies is the party pushing to ensure that the Yoruba are not left in the wilderness if Nigeria is re-organized? I am referring to economic emancipation and growth.

What I see is a consolidation of power in certain individuals which will not benefit the Yoruba at large.

Perhaps I am ignorant of what is on ground; any relevant information would be helpful.

I normally joke with friends to join the political process because I believe strongly that it's difficult to understand some things if you are not involved. It is even more difficult to explain some of those things because ordinarily those things are morally wrong. I will make an attempt to expantiate the practical side of the story. It's not something I would have loved to do online though but because I don't want some influential NL member against Tinubu, at this time, I would make an exception.

Let me start by asking a question, can you make a guess how much Amosun spent contesting election in 2007 and 2011 respectively. Any idea? I am not expecting an answer, just to make a point. Although, masses and bystanders like to say eh people should contest election for the interest of the people, good but.............we don't see people making active contribution by supporting those candidates not only in terms of money but in working for the candidate before during and after election. That is the reality. Those that are enlightened enough to differentiate between candidates and choose the better one........you will never see them in politics, 60% of them will not even register to vote talkless of voting and if it so happens that a little fracas or even a rumour of it occurs, it's a bye bye to them altogether. I call them useless middle-class. I hope you are following my logic.

So the politician(Amosun for example) has to put in his personal resources to gain the support of people whose only work is politics. I hope you know what that means? He has to start paying before primaries at the party level. Then election proper, you pay party agents who most times have to pay voters before they even come out to vote. There are at least 2000 polling booths in Ogun, every one of them must be supplied with raw cash. I hope you saw the gubernatorial election results in Ogun, you will notice that if we combine PDP and PPN, a faction that broke away from PDP, together, they beat ACN. That is inspite of all the crazy things that happened under OGD. As PDP guys kept dashing money to people to vote, ACN was equally responding even though with less cash. But the main idea is people still collected money before coming out to vote.

Now put yourself in a typical Amosun's shoe. You have contested election for the same office twice and you have spent something around 1 billion naira in the process. Another election is staring you in the face in the next four years, you are not dominating your domain yet and yet you have a formidable central party, with all the money and state machinery, to contend with. We are all human beings. The idea that a man will have only the interest of the people at heart at his own detriment doesn't work 98% of the time, we can only hope to have a situation whereby interests are shared. What ACN does in short is to seek a balance between[b] performance[/b] and retaining its position. Remember, you need to be in position first before you can perform. I can tell you authoritatively that apart from Lagos and Kano, PDP can TAKE any other state they feel like if you don't do "retaining your position" well and that means oiling your political machinery from time-to-time.

I know we all want good for the people but we are putting things in the right perspective here. Tinubu and Atiku founded ACN together, why did Atiku return to PDP? We need to appreciate Tinubu a bit more for now. The fixation on his wealth and supposed benefit should not make us lose focus of the big picture. He has built a party from one state to 5 state and trying to increase the tally, he's going to need all the money he can get to do that. This may not be a good way to put it but consider that model against a PDP that is founded using federal money. He is up against people who control stolen oil, police, army, etc so he has to strike a balance between performance and sustaining his side. I hope I made sense.

It is not the ingenuity or sophistication of Yoruba people that unseat PDP in SW, It is largely due to opposition politics played by Tinubu though with help from PDPs failure. People are equally angry with PDP in every part of Nigeria but have found it difficult to remove PDP. The reason for this should not be far-fetched, resources to prosecute such. popularity and performance are good but not enough.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2012
I am totally loving this thread. The truth is all coming out. No stupid partisanship any more! It's not about ethnicity or religious bigotry but calling our so called leaders to order and bringing them to the realisation that power does indeed belong to the people; making them accountable and subjecting them to the laws of the land.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Akanbiedu(m): 9:06am On Sep 20, 2012
Demdem: Let's get some things straight. Tinubu is not yoruba leader but a leader of the largest political group in yoruba land. Highly influential though.

SW is currently moving ahead considering where we are coming from (pdp era) though at a slow pace. Potentials to move faster is there, ACN should wake up.

Nothing is wrong if tinubu benefits from the system as long as its legal. Even the most revered AWO did benefit from the system as regards properties which even his grand children still benefits till date. Nothing unusual about that.

I like this.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by PointB: 9:18am On Sep 20, 2012
Gbawe:

Look, you are simply a debased liar. Your shameless attempt at sucking up above is nauseating. Don't do it lying against me simply because you want a cringeworthy alliance with someone you percieve shares a mindless hatred of others with you. Show where I have touted Tinubu as leader of the Yorubas. Most yorubas , unlike you, are not feudalistically and mentally shackled with the concept of supreme leader. He is a Leader of the ACN and politically astute Yorubas knows what that really translates to.

It is you and others of your ilk who are always looking for one man to worship, deify and bow to. It is an obsession with you and you even do it on this forum. Tinubu is only important in so far as he helped rid the SW of the killers and thugs of OBJ and has replaced them with an undoubtedly better crop of leaders. Like him or hate him, you would be a born liar (you are anyway) to deny that Tinubu has consistently endorsed the ambition of progressive men everywhere with 'loaded' CV's and proven history of leadership.

Your snivelling attempt at currying favour here only show that you are still mentally stuck with the demigod-model of politics that has ruined Nigeria with its focus on strong men rather than strong institutions. To that end, intelligent Yorubas, and even Igbos, who see and appreciate what matter cannot be taking in by your paranoid and parochial talk against Tinubu.

Nigerians live in States. We don't live in tinubu's house . If he continues to support men like Akeredolu everywhere, do you think genuinely bright Yorubas , who see what is important, will have a problem with him? You can remain here with your mock tears for the SW. One thing is that you cannot get anyone to hate Tinubu when everyone sees him replacing undeserving mediocrities with genuinely progressive men. That is what matters ultimately.

Your feudalism will not allow you to see what the most politcally sophisticated Nigerian see. We are past the days where mortal men were regional demi-gods. We don't need that anymore. Issues are now more about the intangibles like the enshrinement of a system of good Governance and continuity. You can stay here trying to whip up sentiments against Tinubu with your foolish scaremongering only the gulluble will be taking in by.

The Yorubas don't do supreme leader. Tinubu has his use as a politically leaders. Get that into your thick head. We are, first and foremost, concerned about good leadership. Indeed in that respect, it can be said that Tinubu has not done badly at all. Where others condemned the SW into the hands of thugs, Tinubu has supported those who, unequivocally, are professionally solid and proven leaders with minds of their own. In short, Omoluabis.

Good luck selling the "Tinubu wants to become emperor of the SW" to the gullible when Yoruba people show they have moved beyond that. As long as Tinubu continues to use Party aparatus and wealth to support good leaders in the region, then hate him all you want. The Yorubas know what Nigeria is to pragmatically understand Tinubu is needed. Heck some disillusioned Yorubas, with a misplaced sense of what is important, can join your thinking.

You are inconsequential at the end of the day to the Yoruba project. We are different to others. We appreciate Tinubu but know what he is. Like someone mentioned earlier, we are not practicing regional Governance so your talk matters nought. When we get to that level the Yorubas will know how to handle Tinubu. For now, take your scaremongering away and let folks focus on what matters - good governance where Nigerians live in i.e their respective States.

So this long emotional outburst akin to what is expected of a woman approaching menopause is all because I allege, and rightly so, that you are the numero uno merchant of the defective merchandise that is Tinubu? Dude you are simply a sissy, and a little cry baby. I know Katsumoto has done very well trying to school you about your obsession with Emperor Tinubu, but like a typical blockhead I can see how hard it it for you to learn the basics. Is it because an old dog can't learn new trick, or is just of your automatic switching to defensive mode, each time Tinubu is mentioned? Even so, you MUST learn, whether you like it not!

And whether you choose the direct path, or deploy the use of reverse psychology in the promotion Emperor Tinubu, the saviour of SW, folks like us will always be around to set the record straight, or the very least expose the fallacy of your argument. And let us be very clear once again. TINUBU DID NOT SAVE SOUTH WEST FROM PDD - FREE AND FAIR ELECTION ENCOURAGED, AND INSISTED BY GEJ (A PDP MAN) DID. Now get that basic fact into you thick skull, and reflect on it. You can call me whatever names you like, but one thing is clear, your webs of lies, and empire of hypocrisy is gradually been exposed to the whole world.

Sensible folks are beginning to see you for the lies, and hypocrisy you represent, and they are beginning to challenge the spell you hold over them with your lies. Desola has sussed you out, Katsmoto have tried to school you, Jmaine knew you as a bloody hypocrite, and a Tinubu acolyte.One by one the people are realizing the truth about you. Soon or later, the free world of Nairaland will come to the realization of the fact that like your paymaster Tinubu, you are not here to promote their interest.Keeping lying to yourself, and keep attempting to deceive gullible people who buy your bullsh!t.

Guy, you are simply here because you are a paid agent of Tinubu, whose simply job is to sell your master, recruit mindless minions, and deflect attention from the fraud, and shenanigans Tinubu represent, using the bogeyman - PDP! Again you are blatantly lying that Tinubu hold no power, that people of SW should hold their governors, and senators responsible? Is there anyone in SW who doesn't know that Tinubu hold sway over the (puppet) governors of ACN? Is there anyone who doesn't know that most of those guys are handpicked by Tinubu, and foisted upon the people? Is it not a truism that he who pays the piper dictates the tune? Who for instance is more powerful between Tinubu and Fashola, Tinubu and Amosun, Tinubu and Aregbesola? If Tinubu decides to use the several puppets installed in the State Assembly in the various ACN controlled states to blackmail 'arrant' State governors, how will clowns like you know, let alone prevent it? SW is sitting on a tinderbox, with one man craftily arrogating power, and means to himself, and you are here asking folk to look away - scaring them with PDP! I laugh, and sometimes feel sorry for those who take your lies for it face value.

Guy, you sell lies, misinformation, and plain propaganda, your are as evil as the come. People should start paying serious attention to you! You are no longer a joke, seriously you are a bundle of evil!!

I have news for you Gbawe, I am the one sent to rescue your blind minions from your spell - I am your nemesis, as you so named me! I will waltze in and out of affairs of any geopolitical region in Nigeria, and beyond, however I like. And you lied again, my opinion in Yoruba affairs (as in any other ethnic group in Nigeria) is very very important, whether you admit it or not. Your attempt to ease me off discussion in so-called exclusive domain only strengthen my resolve to participate whenever I feel like, and in whatever way I deem suitable. I have vast interest in SW affair, as a huge swath of my people resides there (even if I dont). So if Tinubu, will be picking and choosing amenable (puppets) leadership across the region, his personality, motives will have to be passed through a magnifying glass. and not a millon Gbawe can stop that!

You are fighting a lost cause even as your position as Resident Hypocrite, and Tinubu lapdog #1, remains unchallenged. It is a cap you daily wear with poise! Bundle of evil!!
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 9:25am On Sep 20, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

I normally joke with friends to join the political process because I believe strongly that it's difficult to understand some things if you are not involved. It is even more difficult to explain some of those things because ordinarily those things are morally wrong. I will make an attempt to expantiate the practical side of the story. It's not something I would have loved to do online though but because I don't want some influential NL member against Tinubu, at this time, I would make an exception.

Let me start by asking a question, can you make a guess how much Amosun spent contesting election in 2007 and 2011 respectively. Any idea? I am not expecting an answer, just to make a point. Although, masses and bystanders like to say eh people should contest election for the interest of the people, good but.............we don't see people making active contribution by supporting those candidates not only in terms of money but in working for the candidate before during and after election. That is the reality. Those that are enlightened enough to differentiate between candidates and choose the better one........you will never see them in politics, 60% of them will not even register to vote talkless of voting and if it so happens that a little fracas or even a rumour of it occurs, it's a bye bye to them altogether. I call them useless middle-class. I hope you are following my logic.

So the politician(Amosun for example) has to put in his personal resources to gain the support of people whose only work is politics. I hope you know what that means? He has to start paying before primaries at the party level. Then election proper, you pay party agents who most times have to pay voters before they even come out to vote. There are at least 2000 polling booths in Ogun, every one of them must be supplied with raw cash. I hope you saw the gubernatorial election results in Ogun, you will notice that if we combine PDP and PPN, a faction that broke away from PDP, together, they beat ACN. That is inspite of all the crazy things that happened under OGD. As PDP guys kept dashing money to people to vote, ACN was equally responding even though with less cash. But the main idea is people still collected money before coming out to vote.

Now put yourself in a typical Amosun's shoe. You have contested election for the same office twice and you have spent something around 1 billion naira in the process. Another election is staring you in the face in the next four years, you are not dominating your domain yet and yet you have a formidable central party, with all the money and state machinery, to contend with. We are all human beings. The idea that a man will have only the interest of the people at heart at his own detriment doesn't work 98% of the time, we can only hope to have a situation whereby interests are shared. What ACN does in short is to seek a balance between[b] performance[/b] and retaining its position. Remember, you need to be in position first before you can perform. I can tell you authoritatively that apart from Lagos and Kano, PDP can TAKE any other state they feel like if you don't do "retaining your position" well and that means oiling your political machinery from time-to-time.

I know we all want good for the people but we are putting things in the right perspective here. Tinubu and Atiku founded ACN together, why did Atiku return to PDP? We need to appreciate Tinubu a bit more for now. The fixation on his wealth and supposed benefit should not make us lose focus of the big picture. He has built a party from one state to 5 state and trying to increase the tally, he's going to need all the money he can get to do that. This may not be a good way to put it but consider that model against a PDP that is founded using federal money. He is up against people who control stolen oil, police, army, etc so he has to strike a balance between performance and sustaining his side. I hope I made sense.

It is not the ingenuity or sophistication of Yoruba people that unseat PDP in SW, It is largely due to opposition politics played by Tinubu though with help from PDPs failure. People are equally angry with PDP in every part of Nigeria but have found it difficult to remove PDP. The reason for this should not be far-fetched, resources to prosecute such. popularity and performance are good but not enough.

The gist of this post is that Amosun invested greatly to be in the position that he is now and that his paramount concern would be to recoup his investment. That politics is not necessarily about serving the people but to match the opposition pound for pound in order to retain a political sphere. That's it's all about power. That the electorates are too stu.pid and that their votes can be easily bought when a few peanuts are thrown their way. That they do not know their right from wrong and it takes the politicians to dictate that to them.

By this, I can conclude that the ACN did not really gain the conscience of he people from the PDP but were induced by money? Okay, so by 2015 the SW region is anybody's game then?

Silly me, I thought the Southwest had seen the light and that the era of PDP was completely eclipsed but you have shown me that I couldn't be any more wrong.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 9:32am On Sep 20, 2012
Who the heck made you a messiah and who are the said minions.

Please, please! It would augur well for you to desist in propping up your point by injecting my name into it.

If you can, try not to make this thread about Gbawe or your st.up.id president who does not know his right from left, whether he is coming or going.

The cheek of bringing Jonathan into a sensible discussion!

PointB:

So this long emotional outburst akin to what is expected of a woman approaching menopause is all because I allege, and rightly so, that you are the numero uno merchant of the defective merchandise that is Tinubu? Dude you are simply a sissy, and a little cry baby. I know Katsumoto has done very well trying to school you about your obsession with Emperor Tinubu, but like a typical blockhead I can see how hard it it for you to learn the basics. Is it because an old dog can't learn new trick, or is just of your automatic switching to defensive mode, each time Tinubu is mentioned? Even so, you MUST learn, whether you like it not!

And whether you choose the direct path, or deploy the use of reverse psychology in the promotion Emperor Tinubu, the saviour of SW, folks like us will always be around to set the record straight, or the very least expose the fallacy of your argument. And let us be very clear once again. TINUBU DID NOT SAVE SOUTH WEST FROM PDD - FREE AND FAIR ELECTION ENCOURAGED, AND INSISTED BY GEJ (A PDP MAN) DID. Now get that basic fact into you thick skull, and reflect on it. You can call me whatever names you like, but one thing is clear, your webs of lies, and empire of hypocrisy is gradually been exposed to the whole world.

Sensible folks are beginning to see you for the lies, and hypocrisy you represent, and they are beginning to challenge the spell you hold over them with your lies. Desola has sussed you out, Katsmoto have tried to school you, Jmaine knew you as a bloody hypocrite, and a Tinubu acolyte.One by one the people are realizing the truth about you. Soon or later, the free world of Nairaland will come to the realization of the fact that like your paymaster Tinubu, you are not here to promote their interest.Keeping lying to yourself, and keep attempting to deceive gullible people who buy your bullsh!t.

Guy, you are simply here because you are a paid agent of Tinubu, whose simply job is to sell your master, recruit mindless minions, and deflect attention from the fraud, and shenanigans Tinubu represent, using the bogeyman - PDP! Again you are blatantly lying that Tinubu hold no power, that people of SW should hold their governors, and senators responsible? Is there anyone in SW who doesn't know that Tinubu hold sway over the (puppet) governors of ACN? Is there anyone who doesn't know that most of those guys are handpicked by Tinubu, and foisted upon the people? Is it not a truism that he who pays the piper dictates the tune? Who for instance is more powerful between Tinubu and Fashola, Tinubu and Amosun, Tinubu and Aregbesola? If Tinubu decides to use the several puppets installed in the State Assembly in the various ACN controlled states to blackmail 'arrant' State governors, how will clowns like you know, let alone prevent it? SW is sitting on a tinderbox, with one man craftily arrogating power, and means to himself, and you are here asking folk to look away - scaring them with PDP! I laugh, and sometimes feel sorry for those who take your lies for it face value.

Guy, you sell lies, misinformation, and plain propaganda, your are as evil as the come. People should start paying serious attention to you! You are no longer a joke, seriously you are a bundle of evil!!

I have news for you Gbawe, I am the one sent to rescue your blind minions from your spell - I am your nemesis, as you so named me! I will waltze in and out of affairs of any geopolitical region in Nigeria, and beyond, however I like. And you lied again, my opinion in Yoruba affairs (as in any other ethnic group in Nigeria) is very very important, whether you admit it or not. Your attempt to ease me off discussion in so-called exclusive domain only strengthen my resolve to participate whenever I feel like, and in whatever way I deem suitable. I have vast interest in SW affair, as a huge swath of my people resides there (even if I dont). So if Tinubu, will be picking and choosing amenable (puppets) leadership across the region, his personality, motives will have to be passed through a magnifying glass. and not a millon Gbawe can stop that!

You are fighting a lost cause even as your position as Resident Hypocrite, and Tinubu lapdog #1, remains unchallenged. It is a cap you daily wear with poise! Bundle of evil!!
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by geeez: 9:39am On Sep 20, 2012
It's not about a bi cameral or even tri cameral legislature. It's just boils down to greed.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Gbawe: 9:41am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

I am sorry to state this but I am left with no choice. First, It is naïve at best and disingenuous at worst to suggest that because Tinubu is no longer an office holder, he is not involved in policy making. He is the defacto leader of the ACN and as such he personally and politically liable for the actions of ACN office holders and benefits financially from ACN policies. Whether rightly or wrongly, his company has the contract for tax collection in Lagos.

You are exposed and erudite. Why must you pander to a model of holding Tinubu responsible for the actions of duly elected Politicians? Is it no longer about adults holding other mandated adults repsonsible? Should we now begin to witch-hunt those we believe have intangible obligations not defined by any official position? Where will that take us? Do Britons blame Conservative supremos, movers-and-shakers for the shortcomings of Cameron? We have got to get to that level and folks like you should help us get there because you know better !!!

Is it not shameful how focus here ,daily , is on EL Rufai, Buhari, Tinubu and others who have no Government position? Katsumoto, you know this is not what obtains elsewhere and you should not pander to the perpetuation of that here!!!! It is unhelpful to Nigeria and the direct need of our people to gain the sophistication that will lead them, from locally pertinent levels, to insist on good governance !!!

How can this model ever succeed i.e encouraging misinformed shrews to think they can turn on Party bosses when local and elected representatives are avoided? Is this not, subconsciously, proof we remain a people totally subjugated by ancient beliefs in strong deity/men to the extent we cannot see what is obvious?

What is the greatest problem of Nigeria today if not the reality of how we still don't know how to hold elected leaders accountable? Do you think if that was done we would not have a natural check-and-balance system effective even all the way to godfather level?

Tinubu is mere mortal. Me and you are men who can take him on if that is what we decide on. The owner of saharareporters does precisely that. I.e take on our very rich and powerful politicians every single day.

As educated men, we know that the Nigerian system of Governance, built at massive cost, gives no allowance or even excuse for anyone to ignore those directly empowered to deliver change only to then focus elsewhere. This is redundant and unhelpful and if I were a hypocrite, my submissions here would focus on every godfathers , real or perceived, rather than on the President, Governors, Ministers, Senators and current office holders !!!! In short, those who hold the office to deliver the progress we crave !!!

This is my "teach a man to fish" grouse. We are better served letting every Nigerian know how to hold their local representative responsible rather than subscribing to a model that holds Party bosses responsible for perceived failings of elected adult individuals. If Party bosses deliberately go out of their way to install criminals everywhere, then that is different. When they have supported proven performers into office , with histories and CV's of merit, what more do you want?

What problem do you have with Tinubu in this respect and in alliance with the brutal reality of what obtains in Nigeria? What kind of leader do you want to see that Tinubu has denied a platform? Is it the brave and radical Labour leader now Governor of Edo that most Godfathers would not have touched because he is too "pro-people" and "opinionated"? Or is it Fayemi? Latest action of the ACN is Akeredolu. What problem do you have with him?

I dare say that is entirely juvenile, not seen elsewhere with regularity and certainly not what we should encourage in Nigeria. Let us key in to the concept of holding elective leadership responsible where it fails us instead of a need to just attach blame negligently.

Katsumoto, you are one of those intelligent enough to be ushering in a new way of thinking that revolves around "Amandla awetu" i.e "people power" that must directly make elected leaders responsible for their actions. You cannot and should not join the baying mob. Every State has a Governor, Senators, Reps etc - all under Mr. President. How juvenile do we Nigerians appear if we blame the failings of those people one a man who is only a Party boss and has no elective or federal office?

Tinubu's brief remains about positioning his Party correctly , via aiding the emergence of those who will deliver, and capturing as much Political positions as possible. Can you say he has failed in this respect? Do you now want to base your entire arguments on the ignorant submissions of a bling-obsessed shrew who want to adjudge others as "failed" because Nigerian States are not transformed into Dubai within a year?

What about the fact that many are now employed in ACN States while previous Government indirectly told our youths to go and become armed robbers with their negligent leadership? So, those very important achievements, being praised by international development agencies, mean nothing to you? What changes do you want to see

ACN Governors, relatively, are performing. You are the last person I expect to embrace unfairness to then support ignorant posters who want to say administrators have done "nada" merely because their own bellicose nature always draws them towards vacuously fighting others rather than reading, gaining knowledge and conquering ignorance to be a part of the solution.

Look, politics is my thing. I defer to your knowledge regarding history but let us not tackle issues with far-reaching consequences , on the lives of Nigerians today, with an ephemeral approach. I would gladly engage you if issues are about specifically showing failings of politicians and not bellicose witch-hunts from those who are hideously ignorant of real and quantifiable changes going on.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by PointB: 9:53am On Sep 20, 2012
Desola: Who the heck make you a messiah and who are the said minions.

Please, please! It would augur well for your to desist in propping up your point by injecting my name into it.

If you can, try not to make this thread about Gbawe or your st.up.id president who does not know his right from left, whether he is coming or going.

The cheek of bringing Jonathan into a sensible discussion!

Augur well? When did 'auguring' become the mantra of PointB in Nairaland? If you don't want your name popping up in Nairaland, perhaps you should not comment.
It is my prerogative to articulate my points as I deem fit as it is yours to respond as you deem fit. If Gbawe chose to make the thread about me and him, in his usual way of deflecting attention from Tinubu, how is it my fault, when I respond to him? Lastly, how you feel about GEJ is your cup of tea, I care less! But that will not remove the fact that it was his policy that rescue SW from election rigger of PDP SW, never Tinubu! Simple!
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by PointB: 9:57am On Sep 20, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

So in other words, it is very okay for Tinubu to loot Lagos, and other ACN State treasury, enrich himself, and install stooges, so that PDP will not come back? Fantastic!
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2012
I hope we (Yorubas on NL) can see the face of tyranny. What we all must fight. Hold true to our beliefs and not be dictated to. Seek the truth always and never be balkanised by those who's only mission here is to brainwash others that one party is evil and that the other is the messiah (all because they are paid to do so). The truth is available and we just have to seek it.

The only way to move our region forward is not to take every word written here on this forum by those whom we see as our "brothers" as gospel but to investigate and hold on to that which we know to be true. The bible says: Waa idi oun gbogbo ki o si di eyi ti o je otito mu".

Oluwa ma gba wa lowo awon amunisin o. Oba to you wa kuro ninu oko eru PDP a gbawa lowo awon jegudujera ti won fe di wa mole o. Amin, ase eddumare.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Gbawe: 10:05am On Sep 20, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Thank you my brother. Let us even inspect Tinubu vis-a-vis his role and obligations. His main duty today remains one that is centred around the provision of a platform for the brightest and most talented in society to lead. Has he failed in this regard? Who are the leaders Nigerians want to see that Tinubu is rejecting as OBJ et al did?

Akeredolu is now the ACN candidate for Ondo. I don't need to drag out his CV to show Nigerians that this is what we always advocated as a panacea to Nigeria's problem - i.e the brightest and most talented being given the chance to lead whereas others foisted on us a model where illiterates like Adedibu commanded very intelligent men who have led multi-national entities.

How is Tinubu failing in his core brief of empowering the meritorious best we have available to gain office? I don't subscribe to the intellectually lazy cop-out of making Tinubu the alpha and omega. That model only works with the implied inference that the rest of us (to include the Fasholas, Fayemis and akeredolus of the world) are 'punks' all under one man subjugating us mentally !!!! The truth is far from this.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 10:05am On Sep 20, 2012
I detest the killer party for my region however I can still live with the ACN despite their current imperfect situation. To me, its a better alternative considering all what we have at our disposal now.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2012
Demdem: I detest the killer party for my region however I can still live with the ACN despite their current imperfect situation. To me, its a better alternative considering all what we have at our disposal now.

It's not like you have any choice, anyway. ACN is here till 2015 at least.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Akanbiedu(m): 10:11am On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

The gist of this post is that Amosun invested greatly to be in the position that he is now and that his paramount concern would be to recoup his investment. That politics is not necessarily about serving the people but to match the opposition pound for pound in order to retain a political sphere. That's it's all about power. That the electorates are too stu.pid and that their votes can be easily bought when a few peanuts are thrown their way. That they do not know their right from wrong and it takes the politicians to dictate that to them.

By this, I can conclude that the ACN did not really gain the conscience of he people from the PDP but were induced by money? Okay, so by 2015 the SW region is anybody's game then?

Silly me, I thought the Southwest had seen the light and that the era of PDP was completely eclipsed but you have shown me that I couldn't be any more wrong.

#If I had my way I would have addressed that post to Kats only.

If you read that post again, I said some of these things are morally wrong and unexplainable but it may be impossible to win election without them. I am afraid you are not getting the point I am making. I'll ask you to consider the practicality of your outlook in this case. In the end life is not going to be about having everything we want but making meaningful choices. Consider it a market and our choices is going to be limited to what is available in the market.

Back to my question, if you have not joined the political process when are you going to join? The kind of passion you display here, don't you think you need to get involved?
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 10:13am On Sep 20, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

If you read that post again, I said some of these things are morally wrong and unexplainable but it may be impossible to win election without them. I am afraid you are not getting the point I am making. I'll ask you to consider the practicality of your outlook in this case. In the end life is not going to be about having everything we want but making meaningful choices. Consider it a market and our choices is going to be limited to what is available in the market.

Back to my question, if you have joined the political process when are you going to join?

When are you going to join?
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

It's not like you have any choice, anyway. ACN are here till 2015 at least.

In the absence of our constitution not yet recognizing independent candidates, u are correct but believe me, I long for something better.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 10:15am On Sep 20, 2012
Gbawe,

Thanks for your response; I will be back later to address it.

You do, however, do me a dis-service with the unnecessary ad hominem attack. You are a poster I have respect for and I don't believe it is appropriate in this instance. Your reference to Samson & Delilah is regrettable. I hope you will revise your post accordingly. In any case, if you don't I will address the post in my usual manner i.e not focusing on the individual.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 10:17am On Sep 20, 2012
Demdem: Let's get some things straight. Tinubu is not yoruba leader but a leader of the largest political group in yoruba land. Highly influential though.

I don't believe any rational poster suggested that Tinubu is the Yoruba leader.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Akanbiedu(m): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

When are you going to join?

Don't I sound like I am in it already?

Demdem:

In the absence of our constitution not yet recognizing independent candidates, u are correct but believe me, I long for something better.

Alhaji demdem, where you don see independent candidate dey win election before?
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

I don't believe any rational poster suggested that Tinubu is the Yoruba leader.

But he is a leader be it ACN, or as low as bourdion street leader. Whatever. There is no way a world yoruba congress will be called today that he won't be invited.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Gbawe: 10:23am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto: Gbawe,

Thanks for your response; I will be back later to address it.

You do, however, do me a dis-service with the unnecessary ad hominem attack. You are a poster I have respect for and I don't believe it is appropriate in this instance. Your reference to Samson & Delilah is regrettable. I hope you will revise your post accordingly. In any case, if you don't I will address the post in my usual manner i.e not focusing on the individual.

Ok, I apologize and will revise as appropriate because, as I stated already, I respect your input here highly. I merely felt you were partisan here towards a female poster who has promoted ignorance and needless, unfeminine uncouthness to an art-form while male posters, ordinarily very intelligent, seem to be celebrating this ignorance and freak-like display with her.

See an example of what I mean below, that spilled into the malevolent attack against my first post here by a silly and ignorant shrew. You are one of the most respected posters here. Check the thread below and submit an opinion on whether I erred or if others did within the specific premises of everyone defending their right to discuss here without other ungracious and ignorant posters thinking they can resort to unhelpful bellicosity:

https://www.nairaland.com/1050126/2015-jonathan-pdp-fail-s-west

Define Tinubu's role and show how he has failed. He has not failed to support the ambitions of the best society has to offer and the candidates he has provided, relatively and in critical sectors, are doing better than those they took over from !!! Better we bring this to the forefront to conquer ignorance so that this forum does not become an arena of misinformation. Tackle how Tinubu has failed specifically and encourage others, more interested in foul-mouthed tirade against others, to do same.

I absolutely agree that we must hold leaders to account and never complacently give them an easy ride. Nonetheless, I believe in a scientific approach towards discerning the roles and specific core duties of our political leaders. This will help us hold them to account for specific and direct failure.

In this respect, and unless we are pandering to emotion, you cannot adjudge that Tinubu has failed.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 10:24am On Sep 20, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Abegii, I no be Alhaji grin
And who says it can't start from us.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2012
Demdem:

Brother, that is all that I hope for. For us to long for better and not be complacent and think that ACN has brought us to the promised land. ACN could be so much more but it is sad that some wants to force feed us into thinking that ACN has delivered even when they haven't even tipped the iceberg!

The ACN apologists need to give up harping on the evils of the PDP as a cover up for their mediocrity and get working. My fear is that they are being lackadasikal and I fear that with their current lack-lustre performance, the evil party might come from behind and steal the people's mandate. If what Akanbi edu has expressed earlier is anything to go by, then the region is not totally delivered if people's conscience hasn't been bought over by good works, transformation, direct impact. It shouldn't all be about recouping your investment, it shouldn't be about retaining power by all means and goodness knows that the disrespect of thinking voters are mere puppets who only needs to be thrown a bone to be controlled needs to stop. Yes, people might be hungry and yes, the first thing on their minds might be money to feed their families but when people see little changes that makes the community around them conducive, where basic amenities are no longer like gold, no amount of money would buy their votes. People do have conscience and ultimately, they don't want to be scrums of the earth who receive peanut. Inside them somewhere lies dignity and if you give them this, they would never take a million from PDP to buy their votes.

ACN needs to start working on the conscience of the people. Provide what is necessary, give people room to aspire and no amount would buy their votes. ACN would never have to worry about PDP because he people would know what is right.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 10:28am On Sep 20, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

You think many people do not know this? They do but they are willing to accept it as long as their is developmental progress.

Second, the politically sophisticated in Nigeria, know that the current system in Nigeria is not sustainable. The ACN as the defacto opposition in Nigeria, is aware of this. What are they going to do about? Break-even financially before seeking aliances to sponsor a bill that will re-organize Nigeria? Even if they fail with Southern PDP members ( I believe that there is an opportunity here because many in the East and Middle-belt are unhappy with the current situation in Nigeria and may vote against party lines to align with ACN) but it will be obvious that they tried.

My desire is to see the re-organization of Nigeria because I believe that with that shackle removed, developmental progress will be in leaps and bounds and not snail speed. It seems that the current ACN leadership is satisfied with the current set-up because it favours them to keep it that way?

My question to you is, 'what is the way forward in Nigeria'? How long before the issues in other regions make their way to the SW?
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 10:33am On Sep 20, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Maybe not in Nigeria but in the UK, at least.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 10:35am On Sep 20, 2012
Gbawe:

Ok, I apologize and will revise as appropriate because, as I stated already, I respect your input here highly. I merely felt you were partisan here towards a female poster who has promoted ignorance to an art-form while male posters, ordinarily very intelligent, seem to be celebrating this ignorance with her. Define Tinubu's role and show how he has failed. He has not failed to support the ambitions of the best society has to offer and the candidates he has provided, relatively and in critical sectors, are doing better than those they took over from !!! Better we bring this to the forefront to conquer ignorance so that this forum does not become an arena of misinformation. Tackle how Tinubu has failed specifically and encourage others, more interested in foul-mouthed tirade against others, to do same.

No sweat. grin

By and large, most posters want whats best for their people and are largely in agreement but there are times when we all disagree but we don't go personal and then we can still agree on other threads. Not quite a couple of weeks back, I had a difference in opinion with Desola. But thats what it was, a difference in opinion. Just as we have a slight difference in opinion here.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 10:36am On Sep 20, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

No, actually, you don't. At least I hope not.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 10:37am On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

Brother, that is all that I hope for. For us to long for better and not be complacent and think that ACN has brought us to the promised land. ACN could be so much more but it is sad that some wants to force feed us into thinking that ACN has delivered even when they haven't even tipped the iceberg!

The ACN apologists need to give up harping on the evils of the PDP as a cover up for their mediocrity and get working. My fear is that they are being lackadasikal and I fear that with their current lack-lustre performance, the evil party might come from behind and steal the people's mandate. If what Akanbi edu has expressed earlier is anything to go by, then the region is not totally delivered if people's conscience hasn't been bought over by good works, transformation, direct impact. It shouldn't all be about recouping your investment, it shouldn't be about retaining power by all means and goodness knows that the disrespect of thinking voters are mere puppets who only needs to be thrown a bone to be controlled needs to stop. Yes, people might be hungry and yes, the first thing on their minds might be money to feed their families but when people see little changes that makes the community around them conducive, where basic amenities are no longer like gold, no amount of money would buy their votes. People do have conscience and ultimately, they don't want to be scrums of the earth who receive peanut. Inside them somewhere lies dignity and if you give them this, they would never take a million from PDP to buy their votes.

ACN needs to start working on the conscience of the people. Provide what is necessary, give people room to aspire and no amount would buy their votes. ACN would never have to worry about PDP because he people would know what is right.

If am to get u right, ur expectations are considerably ok for ACN to meet but they are slacking. Fair in my opinion.
Going back to the killer party is a no no, probably we need another party to always keep ACN on his toes.
They are better than where we are coming from, however there is room for improvement.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 10:39am On Sep 20, 2012
Demdem:

But he is a leader be it ACN, or as low as bourdion street leader. Whatever. There is no way a world yoruba congress will be called today that he won't be invited.

Alhaji Demdem, we are going around in circles here o grin. You said Tinubu is not the Yoruba leader and I agreed. Now you are saying that there is no way Tinubu would not be invited to a Yoruba congress. Are you expecting me to disagree with that? He is currently the most politically astute political leader in the SW if not the whole country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Voters Defy IPOB Election Boycott Order, Vote / Junaid Mohammed: Obaseki's Victory Shouldn’t Be Seen As Humiliation Of Tinubu / Nigeria May Soon Be In Total Darkness — Egbin CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.