Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate (24026 Views)

FG Seeks Abolition Of Visa Requirement Among D-8 Member Countries / Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 10:44am On Sep 20, 2012
Demdem:

If am to get u right, ur expectations are considerably ok for ACN to meet but they are slacking. Fair in my opinion.
Going back to the killer party is a no no, probably we need another party to always keep ACN on his toes.
They are better than where we are coming from, however there is room for improvement.

Too right about that. As much as I initially wanted the whole of SW (including Kwara) to go ACN, I realised that having Labour in Ondo was actually a blessing because it is giving the ACN something to fight for and even refreshing to know that they would have to prove their good works to the Ondo people to persuade them to let go of Labour. If Ekiti succeeds, then Mimiko might soon be shaking in his boots but the Ondo people would not be fooled by this song of regional progress to just hand their mandate to ACN on a platter.

Labour to retain Ondo and perhaps gain another SW state. Now, that would bring competition and each party would know that performance is KEY!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 10:45am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

Alhaji Demdem, we are going around in circles here o grin. You said Tinubu is not the Yoruba leader and I agreed. Now you are saying that there is no way Tinubu would not be invited to a Yoruba congress. Are you expecting me to disagree with that? He is currently the most politically astute political leader in the SW if not the whole country.

grin grin grin

Probably I should say he is not yet THE YORUBA LEADER . The kind we saw in AWO, IGE etc. He is on the verge though.
However Tinubu is A LEADER.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

Too right about that. As much as I initially wanted the whole of SW (including Kwara) to go ACN, I realised that having Labour in Ondo was actually a blessing because it is giving the ACN something to fight for and even refreshing to know that they would have to prove their good works to the Ondo people to persuade them to let go of Labour. If Ekiti succeeds, then Mimiko might soon be shaking in his boots but the Ondo people would not be fooled by this song of regional progress to just hand their mandate to ACN on a platter.

Labour to retain Ondo and perhaps gain another SW state. Now, that would bring competition and each party would know that performance is KEY!

Competition has a way in bringing out the best no doubt. Lack of it can cause sloppiness and that we all dread.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by McTonny: 10:51am On Sep 20, 2012
HNosegbe: Interesting, coming from an ex-senator whose wife is a senator.

Shows his height of insincerity and delusion.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by SkyBlue1: 10:55am On Sep 20, 2012
Demdem:

Competition has a way in bringing out the best no doubt. Lack of it can cause sloppiness and that we all dread.

A mantra I don't wholly subsribe too. Having alternatives is very important, but competition on the sacrifice of cooperation is silly in my view and makes the people lose out. Won't want to get too much into it right now.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Gbawe: 10:57am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

No sweat. grin

By and large, most posters want whats best for their people and are largely in agreement but there are times when we all disagree but we don't go personal and then we can still agree on other threads. Not quite a couple of weeks back, I had a difference in opinion with Desola. But thats what it was, a difference in opinion. Just as we have a slight difference in opinion here.

I have no reservation apologizing when I have wronged others - especially those such as yourself who are always civil here. Katsumoto, it goes without saying that you are probably in the top three of those most respected here for contributing to the intellectual development of NL. To that end, you can see where I am coming from.

I am looking far beyond Tinubu. He is needed but ultimately inconsequential if we accept that systems matters and endure beyond man. Balarabe Musa said something (see below) that I found simply sublime in regards to GEJ.

Inspect it and you will see Tinubu has not departed from this search for a "standard" in regards to his responsibility to the SW. The days of cretins leading us are gone. Now, the drive is to head-hunt the most talented in society who, most importantly, have always demonstrated they have strong will and independent minds.

Deleterious godfatherism seeks stooges, criminals , mediocrities and unthinking empty-barrels. This is no longer the case for the SW. This, in itself, is something to celebrate as a beginning and as an acknowledgement Tinubu is 'pulling his weight'. We should not make the failure of elected officials that of Tinubu when he has done well to give Nigerians what they clamour for as solution to misrule i.e the concept of the best,brightest, most talented and most pro-people leaders taking charge of Nigerian States.

I am personally grateful Tinubu has set a 'standard'. Let the rest of us do our bit and assist the political development of Nigerians by showing them the rudiments of apportioning blame and responsibility fairly and locally first. I don't need to tell you that evolution must play a part in our development. Please tell me how many are contributing what Tinubu, despite his fault, brings to actualise the profound concept Balarabe Musa identifies below. When the Fasholas, Akeredolu, Fayemi, Ajimobi become the 'standard', then that is a good template that will eventually even rob Tinubu of status and relevance.

http://saharareporters.com/interview/balarabe-jonathan-confused-and-incompetent-news-magazine

So, he lacks moral base and legitimacy. It is not possible under this system that if you become the leader, then, you become the standard. In other countries, when there is standard, it doesn’t really matter who becomes the president. The standard is there. In Britain, America, Germany and other western countries, competence and experience are important. But the most important thing is that there is a standard that nobody can go below.

In Nigeria, there is no such standard. You become the president, governor or local government chairman and you automatically become the standard. So in such a situation, you need somebody who is clearly competent, who has a record in addition to moral base and legitimacy to succeed.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 10:58am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto: Gbawe,

Thanks for your response; I will be back later to address it.

You do, however, do me a dis-service with the unnecessary ad hominem attack. You are a poster I have respect for and I don't believe it is appropriate in this instance. Your reference to Samson & Delilah is regrettable. I hope you will revise your post accordingly. In any case, if you don't I will address the post in my usual manner i.e not focusing on the individual.

A virtual Delilah whom you've never seen nor spoken or privately conversed with. You have time to respond to that rubbish? The man is feeling ostracised. You shouldn't even have dignified that rubbish with a response but as usual, you had to show that you are a man of class. Not one who only claims to be but one who truly is and who knows how to rise above immature, infantile outburst from a boy who claims not to demean women.

Abeg, Kats, forward march with your intellectual contributions ojare. We don't have time for people with chips on their shoulders. You are a cut above him.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 11:00am On Sep 20, 2012
Sky Blue:

A mantra I don't wholly subsribe too. Having alternatives is very important, but competition on the sacrifice of cooperation is silly in my view and makes the people lose out. Won't want to get too much into it right now.

But cooperation requires competition which is borne out of inter-organizational rather than intra-organizational relationships.

Second, multi-party competition is better (Akeredolu vs Mimiko) than intra-party competition (IBB v Atiku v GEJ).

Just my opinion.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 11:00am On Sep 20, 2012
Sky Blue:

Well, what I wrote there wasn't an absolute statement. "As a way ". I recognize the fact that there are exceptions.
Eg companies that suppose to compete with each other end up working together to form a cartel.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2012
Sky Blue:

It is possible to co-operate without being in the same party, non?

PDP did co-operate to with ACN to gain the SW votes, non?
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

But cooperation requires competition which is borne out of inter-organizational rather than intra-organizational relationships.

Second, multi-party competition is better (Akeredolu vs Mimiko) than intra-party competition (IBB v Atiku v GEJ).

Just my opinion.

Abegi don't let us dwell too much on this.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Akanbiedu(m): 11:04am On Sep 20, 2012
i hope you guys will not mistake my 'balance theory" for non-performance. ACN is actually performing already in those states, just that it needs a bit of time to manifest. You all credit Fashola now, sometimes misplaced, without factoring the effort Tinubu put into rebuilding Lagos in the first place. A lot of work attributed to Fashola were actually started in Tinubu's government. So what you are seeing in Lagos is actually over 12 years job as against the other governors who have been in office for less than 2 years.

Even if you don't like it, we have to tell ourselves the truth. The idea that a human being is going to spend over a billion naira and at least not try to recoup is plainly naive. If you can come up with a system where money will not be spent to win elections, I am fully with you.
Desola:

No, actually, you don't. At least I hope not.

I don't know why you think I am not but if you judge based on my NL personality, you are wrong. You think I am going to say those things in real life and allow people get emotional with me?

Katsumoto:

You think many people do not know this? They do but they are willing to accept it as long as their is developmental progress.

Second, the politically sophisticated in Nigeria, know that the current system in Nigeria is not sustainable. The ACN as the defacto opposition in Nigeria, is aware of this. What are they going to do about? Break-even financially before seeking aliances to sponsor a bill that will re-organize Nigeria? Even if they fail with Southern PDP members ( I believe that there is an opportunity here because many in the East and Middle-belt are unhappy with the current situation in Nigeria and may vote against party lines to align with ACN) but it will be obvious that they tried.

My desire is to see the re-organization of Nigeria because I believe that with that shackle removed, developmental progress will be in leaps and bounds and not snail speed. It seems that the current ACN leadership is satisfied with the current set-up because it favours them to keep it that way?

My question to you is, 'what is the way forward in Nigeria'? How long before the issues in other regions make their way to the SW?

The current situation no doubt is not sustenable-fact. ACN does not have enough muscle yet to pull a change as strong as you think-fact. ACN is in the building process and this is something to cheer about.

As per the bolded, you may be wrong here. How did you come to the conclusion that many in the East and Middle-belt are unhappy with the current situation? Please don't confuse ordinary people with politicians oooo. Those guys don't even understand the struggle.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 11:05am On Sep 20, 2012
Demdem:

Abegi don't let us dwell too much on this.

Ok Alhaji grin
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 11:09am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

Ok Alhaji grin

Abegii don't tag me with Alhaji oo. Never been to Saudi let alone mecca.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by SkyBlue1: 11:10am On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

It is possible to co-operate without being in the same party, non?

PDP did co-operate to with ACN to gain the SW votes, non?

It is possible to cooperate and be in different parties. South south states are trying to do that now, with Oshiomole being from a different party than the rest. What I am trying to refute is this selling of competitiveness as a panacea to good governance because honestly if this is what we have been saying all along then I strongly disagree. Continuously improving the alternatives is important, having alternatives is good, but contrary to what people like to think what makes the world work well in places it really works is cooperation. America is at a gridlock in both houses because politicians can't see beyond their nose and stupid partisanship. If one is struggling for freedom from what is Nigeria then that is a different matter. But as long as units still exist in Nigeria, we need to learn to work together as local government units cooperating, regions building themselves up, and regions also working together. So many examples exist of this in the world. I don't want to ramble on, I was just challenging that 'competition is key' mantra, that is all. I can talk more at length and indepthly on this but don't want to bore you. It is the very reason a country like Japan is an absolute FORCE to be reckoned with in the world in terms of productivity, etc.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Katsumoto: 11:11am On Sep 20, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

The current situation no doubt is not sustenable-fact. ACN does not have enough muscle yet to pull a change as strong as you think-fact. ACN is in the building process and this is something to cheer about.

As per the bolded, you may be wrong here. How did you come to the conclusion that many in the East and Middle-belt are unhappy with the current situation? Please don't confuse ordinary people with politicians oooo. Those guys don't even understand the struggle.

Do you seriously think ACN is going to win SUBSTANTIALLY in other regions?

ACN should start working on alliances with others to re-organize the foundation of Nigeria. If there are good guys in ACN, then there must be good guys in other parties too, even if they are crowded out.

Talk is cheap. When are they going to start the process? 2015, 2019, 2023? The time to strike is now, when the iron is hot. There are many issues in Nigeria today that a charismatic leader can use. Without re-organization, whatever good that ACN believes it is doing can easily be undone. 2015 is around the corner, the enemy is not sleeping.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Gbawe: 11:16am On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

A virtual Delilah whom you've never seen nor spoken or privately conversed with. You have time to respond to that rubbish? The man is feeling ostracised. You shouldn't even have dignified that rubbish with a response but as usual, you had to show that you are a man of class. Not one who only claims to be but one who truly is and who knows how to rise above immature, infantile outburst from a boy who claims not to demean women.

Abeg, Kats, forward march with your intellectual contributions ojare. We don't have time for people with chips on their shoulders. You are a cut above him.

Silly, divisive shrew. This is all you do here. Encourage camps/posters to rise against others. You are nothing but a disgrace to Yoruba womanhood. A total cretin and foul-mouthed gutter trash encouraged far above her station. Remember you started this? Simply apologize and move on. You don't contribute much here apart from supplying ignorance that some men, out of a warped sense of nobility, then feel they must defend as is the case below.

https://www.nairaland.com/1050126/2015-jonathan-pdp-fail-s-west

If many had told you the truth about yourself, you will not have metamorphosed into the malevolent shrew now single-handedly disgracing Yoruba women , on one of the most visited Nigerian website in cyberspace, with your gutter antics.

What is the visiting Kenyan, for example, to think of the famously touted civility, decorum and grace of Yoruba women when they see your yob-like behaviour here?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by SkyBlue1: 11:16am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

ACN should start working on alliances with others to re-organize the foundation of Nigeria. If there are good guys in ACN, then there must be good guys in other parties too, even if they are crowded out.

Talk is cheap. When are they going to start the process? 2015, 2019, 2023? The time to strike is now, when the iron is hot. There are many issues in Nigeria today that a charismatic leader can use. Without re-organization, whatever good that ACN believes it is doing can easily be undone. 2015 is around the corner, the enemy is not sleeping.

You actually see
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Akanbiedu(m): 11:16am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

It is a process kats.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 11:19am On Sep 20, 2012
Gbawe:

Silly shrew. This is all you do here. Encourage camps/posters to rise against others. You are nothing but a disgrace to Yoruba womanhood. A total cretin and foul-mouthed gutter trash encouraged far above her station. Remember you started this? Simply apologize and move on. You don't contribute much here apart from supplying ignorance that some men, out of a warped sense of nobility, then feel they must defend as is the case below.

https://www.nairaland.com/1050126/2015-jonathan-pdp-fail-s-west

If many had told you the truth about yourself, you will not have metamorphosed into the malevolent shrew now single-handedly disgracing Yoruba women , on one of the most visited Nigerian website in cyberspace, with your gutter antics.

What is the visiting Kenyan, for example, to think of the famously touted civility, decorum and grace of Yoruba women when they see your yob-like behaviour here?

Glad you let that out of you system and i'm sure you feel much better for it.

Can you muster any decency there might be left in you and return to the thread now?

Thanks.

NEXT!!!

P.S: apologise for what exactly? That Amosun is doing 'nada'? Well, goodluck to you because the only thing close to an apology you will ever get from me is that based on your pictures, he isn't exactly doing nada but could do better. If you are expecting more than that, then, you'd have to wait a very long time because it's not gonna happen. You might have successfully bullied some to submission in the past, but this is where your reign of terror ends. You have been rendered redundant by ME!!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by SkyBlue1: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

It is a process kats.

You can't turn this into a partisan affair because then it simply falls apart completely (and honestly it would be a bit disappointing). This cannot be about PDP out another party in because unfortunately, it does not fit into that neat little box of yours in reality. Akpaibo of Akwa Ibom has been working impressively in his state (he just isn't as much of a media governor as say Fashola) and he is a PDP governor. Amaechi has also brought improvement into different areas of Rivers State (education being an obvious one) and he is PDP, Chime has been working in Enugu and he is PDP. So what do you say to people in those states then? Get rid of these guys that have been working for you because they don't belong to a "progressive party"? The issue has to be good governancer and cooperation and how the people can work about bringing that, not party affiliations.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2012
Katsumoto:

Kats i humbly request for ur opinion about how the bolded can be achieved. Do u think this can be done under this present structure successfully? or should i start by asking what u meant by that.

My opinion actually is this country really needs to be restructured because we have a very faulty foundation. One we didnt even bargain for but was imposed on us. i also believe the restructuring we so much desire cant be properly established in whatever way under this democratic setting and here i place my demand of SNC. i strongly believe this is the veiled call of Tinubu from his speech that gave rise to this thread.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Gbawe: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

Glad you let that out of you system and i'm sure you feel much better for it.

Can you muster any decency there might be left in you and return to the thread now?

Thanks.

NEXT!!!

Silly, lying and pretentious shrew. Who has anything in their "system" if not you? I came here to submit my opinion on the topic on page 1 and you responded with this:

Lobatan! Liar! Sycophant!

This is the problem with foul-mouthed and cowardly wannabe bullies like you. You go looking for trouble and 'easy preys'. You deliberately, without provocation, initiate rancour and cowardly attacks. When you then get trouble and realise you have bitten more than you can chew, you revert cowardly to playing victim. You must think folks here are 'dense' like you. Your unwarranted uncouthness is one page 1 for everyone to see so quit this silly attempt at playing victims. The diaspora many of you love to praise and cite as examples works well because adults are held responsible for their actions. Simply apologize for your uncouth actions and move on.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by jmaine: 11:29am On Sep 20, 2012
Sky Blue:

It is possible to cooperate and be in different parties. South south states are trying to do that now, with Oshiomole being from a different party than the rest. What I am trying to refute is this selling of competitiveness as a panacea to good governance because honestly if this is what we have been saying all along then I strongly disagree. Continuously improving the alternatives is important, having alternatives is good, but contrary to what people like to think what makes the world work well in places it really works is cooperation. America is at a gridlock in both houses because politicians can't see beyond their nose and stupid partnership. If one is struggling for freedom from what is Nigeria then that is a different matter. But as long as units still exist in Nigeria, we need to learn to work together as local government unots cooperating, regions building themselves up, and regions also working together. So many examples exist of this in the world. I don't want to ramble on, I was just challenging that 'competition is key' mantra, that is all. I can talk more at length and indepthly on this but don't want to bore you. It is the very reason a country like Japan is an absolute FORCE to be reckoned with in the world in terms of productivity, etc.

I love this post . .it means healthy competition . . .but solely hinged & focussed on the overall well being of the community . . .
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2012
Sky Blue:

It is possible to cooperate and be in different parties. South south states are trying to do that now, with Oshiomole being from a different party than the rest. What I am trying to refute is this selling of competitiveness as a panacea to good governance because honestly if this is what we have been saying all along then I strongly disagree. Continuously improving the alternatives is important, having alternatives is good, but contrary to what people like to think what makes the world work well in places it really works is cooperation. America is at a gridlock in both houses because politicians can't see beyond their nose and stupid partnership. If one is struggling for freedom from what is Nigeria then that is a different matter. But as long as units still exist in Nigeria, we need to learn to work together as local government unots cooperating, regions building themselves up, and regions also working together. So many examples exist of this in the world. I don't want to ramble on, I was just challenging that 'competition is key' mantra, that is all. I can talk more at length and indepthly on this but don't want to bore you. It is the very reason a country like Japan is an absolute FORCE to be reckoned with in the world in terms of productivity, etc.

Abegi, forget what these ones are doing here. To me its still a talk show until something concrete is on ground to suggest such.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by SkyBlue1: 11:35am On Sep 20, 2012
Demdem:

Abegi, forget what these ones are doing here. To me its still a talk show until something concrete is on ground to suggest such.

I agree, it is still talk for now. But I hope it goes beyond that and to be honest I simply don't have enough information to claim it hasn't gone beyond that. There are different projects some of the states are apparently planning on or started working together on but I can't vouch for that. That is not the point though, I brought it up because it is a good idea and at least they are TALKING, not seeing each other as enemies trying to fundamentally outdo each other. That is refreshing. Niw they just need to give the bark a bit more bite and they will go very far if they do.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2012
Sky Blue:

You can't turn this into a partisan affair because then it simply falls apart completely (and honestly it would be a bit disappointing). This cannot be about PDP out another party in because unfortunately, it does not fit into that neat little box of yours in reality. Akpaibo of Akwa Ibom has been working impressively in his state (he just isn't as much of a media governor as say Fashola) and he is a PDP governor. Amaechi has also brought improvement into different areas of Rivers State (education being an obvious one), all in first term and he is PDP, Chime has been working in Enugu and he is PDP. So what do you say to people in those states then? Get rid of these guys that have been working for you because they don't belong to a "progressive party"? The issue has to be good governancer and cooperation and how the people can work about bringing that, not party affiliations.

Fixed cool cool
Am not encouraged about what Amaechi is currently doing this second tenure despite my support for him. He is disappointing me big time
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by ifeci: 11:36am On Sep 20, 2012
Tinubu should go and first practice wot he is preaching before he opens his mouth to tlk, then mayb we will listen. you r criticizing the presidency for appointing RECs which u might b right on but at thesame time, in ur own party, u impose candidates both on ur fellow party members and on the general populace! so who's worse? Tinubu go & sleep! if u like, resurrect MKO to b ur flag bearer, u can neva win the presidency with the way u run ACN like ur private company.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Desola(f): 11:37am On Sep 20, 2012
Gbawe:

Silly, lying and pretentious shrew. Who has anything in their "system" if not you? I came here to submit my opinion on the topic on page 1 and you responded with this:

This is the problem with foul-mouthed and cowardly wannabe bullies like you. You go looking for trouble and 'easy victims'. When you then get trouble and realise you have bitten more than you can chew, you revert cowardly to playing victim. You must think folks here are 'dense' like you. Your unwarranted uncouthness is one page 1 for everyone to see so quit this silly attempt at playing victims. The diaspora many of you love works well because adults are held responsible for their actions. Simply apologize for your uncouth actions and move on.

seriously Gbawe, you are taking the shine off this beautiful thread with your bruised ego. If you wish to continue sinking, then revert to the other thread and let's finish it off there. For now, let those who have meaningful contribution carry on. I will not descend to your level in my bid for this thread to carry on devoid of obscenities as it has been the case so far.

You know that I don't play the victim card. I never did and I never will. My being a woman is not a disability, it is an ability and I will match you pound for pound in all rhetoric but let put our selfishness aside and let this thread serve its purpose. You know as well as I know that I will never apologise to you - NEVER! So you either put up with it or your SHUT UP!!

As per the visiting Kenyan finding out that Yoruba women can be Yob like, i'd say welcome. Life if a variety. Just as we have tall and short, black and white, we have good an bad. If I am what represents the bad side of Yoruba women because I dare to oppose you and some others then by all mean, I wear the cap. I never posed to represent the Yoruba women of the world or that of Nairaland so why get your knickers in a twist?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by SkyBlue1: 11:42am On Sep 20, 2012
Demdem:

Fixed cool cool
Am not encouraged about what Amaechi is currently doing this second tenure despite my support for him. He is disappointing me big time

Ditto, and the state needs alternatives. But would you have asked the state to throw him out during his first term because he was a PDP governor? This thing has to transcend parties on such affiliations it really does. It is not so neat as people like to think and I guess the reson I am acdtually posting is because I realise I might have been nodding along thinking we were essentially saying the same thing. But just realised we might not be at all. LOOL.

It is quite interesting though, because Akpaibo's magic seems to have kicked into full gear in thi his second term. The political process itself might need modifications. One thing I hope we never copy from a country like America is the ammount of influence money has in politics. Hate them or love them, but that is one area where Britain's political system is better than America's
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Demdem(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2012
Sky Blue:

Ditto, and the state needs alternatives. But would you have asked the state to throw him out during his first term because he was a PDP governor? This thing has to transcend parties on such affiliations it really does. It is not so neat as people like to think and I guess the reson I am acdtually posting is because I realise I might have been nodding along thinking we were essentially saying the same thing. But just realised we might not be at all. LOOL.

I said i supported him. Did that suggest to u that i wanted him thrown out after his first tenure. Naturally a very excellent tenure deserves another no matter the party affiliation.
Also we have weak alternatives/competitors here and probably explains his determined sloppiness.
Re: Tinubu Calls For The Abolition Of The Senate by Gbawe: 11:49am On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

seriously Gbawe, you are taking the shine off this beautiful thread with your bruised ego. If you wish to continue sinking, then revert to the other thread and let's finish it off there. For now, let those who have meaningful contribution carry on. I will not descend to your level in my bid for this thread to carry on devoid of obscenities as it has been the case so far.

You know that I don't play the victim card. I never did and I never will. My being a woman is not a disability, it is an ability and I will match you pound for pound in all rhetoric but let put our selfishness aside and let this thread serve its purpose. You know as well as I know that I will never apologise to you - NEVER! So you either put up with it or your SHUT UP!!

As per the visiting Kenyan finding out that Yoruba women can be Yob like, i'd say welcome. Life if a variety. Just as we have tall and short, black and white, we have good an bad. If I am what represents the bad side of Yoruba women because I dare to oppose you and some others then by all mean, I wear the cap. I never posed to represent the Yoruba women of the world or that of Nairaland so why get your knickers in a twist?

Shut up. Only an insincere and lying shrew is doing that and I think objective posters see this clearly. You want folks to forget your unprovoked and cowardly act of uncouthness on page 1? Learn this about me now and forever - I have a strong sense of justice, equity and fair play. Either apologize or shut up and stop derailing the thread .

Continue to talk, with an agenda of mischief that sees you postulating others are the bad guys while you fail to apologize for your uncouth behaviour, and I will continue to show how you deserve all you are getting here despite your nauseating pretence to being the "victim". Useless shrew. Apologize or shut up. Simple. This is long overdue for your ghastly conduct here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers / How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo / Arise TV, Obaigbena Reaches Out, Meets To Resolve Dispute With Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.